YMMV: Ultimate Fantastic Four
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This Superdickery-style cover given Reed becoming Doctor Doom in the Ultimate Universe.
- Ho Yay: Lampshaded when Ben and Reed go to face Thanos:
Oh, this is just pathetic. This laconic, heroic, tragicomic— garbage!!! Walking off to certain death with your heads held high! You might as well hold hands, because that's how homoerotic it is!
- Strangled by the Red String: Subverted. When Johnny Storm meets Crystal of the Inhumans and declares them both 'Lovers-for-life' ... then shrugs and admits "I just thought we might get a good thing going". Sue proceeds to voice what pretty much everyone is thinking with "For God's sake Johnny, you've known her for an hour!"
- What an Idiot: It's the dramatic conclusion of the arc, and Reed Richards is squaring off against Nihil on the Vegas Strip! The tyrant opens his mouth to devour the hero, who stops him by picking up a nearby plasma rifle and wedging it in between his jaws!
You'd expect: Nihil to do literally anything except what he actually does. Literally anything else.
Instead: He tries to pull the gun out...by the trigger. It's... not pretty.
- The Woobie:
- The Thing, even more than in the mainstream continuity; whereas mainstream Ben has long ago accepted his transformation and even embraced it, Ultimate Ben is so depressed by his transformation that he's attempted suicide. And each one fails because his body is nigh-invincible.