Characters: The Angry Video Game Nerd
The one, the only, the man who made Internet reviewing a genre singlehandedly—the Angry Video Game Nerd. A bespectacled man in a white button-down shirt with a pocket protector, the Nerd sits in his basement and vents his impotent rage over terrible video games of days gone by. He has a perennial rivalry with The Nostalgia Critic
The Bullshit Man (James Rolfe)
You know what's BUUUULLLSHIT?!
A frustrated gentleman who vents his annoyance at modern life. Eventually revealed to be a giant turd with glasses.
The Guitar Guy (Kyle Justin)
(The one on the left.)
A guitar player who lives behind the Nerd's couch, and writes songs based on the Nerd's angry utterances. He occasionally joins the Nerd in playing co-op games.
Motherfucker Mike (Mike Matei)
It's a moniker he wears with pride, funnily enough.
The Ninja Master (Kevin Finn)
The Game Glitch Gremlin (Kevin Finn)
Mmm, glitches! Ya like 'em?
Shitpickle (James Rolfe)
Super Mecha Death Christ 2000 B.C. v4.0 Beta (James Rolfe)
Nerdy Turd (James Rolfe)
R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy)
Death Kitty (Boo)
The famous character of Looney Tunes
fame, who is a minor foe of the Nerd. He appears in two reviews, Bugs Bunnys Birthday Blowout
and Bugs Bunnys Crazy Castle
- Amusing Injuries: Zigzags between this and giving some really brutal injuries to the Nerd in Crazy Castle.
- Annoying Laugh: He gets this when he transforms into Woody Woodpecker near the end of Crazy Castle.
- Body Horror: When the Nerd rips off his head, he immediately sprouts another one, albeit the head of another character altogether.
- Butt Monkey: Has shades of his in Birthday Blowout, with the Nerd smashing a beer bottle on his head, offhand backhanding him, and lunging at him, all before his birthday beating at the end.
- Continuity Nod: In the Crazy Castle review, he's back for revenge on the Nerd, and he references the Nerd defecating all over his face at the end of his last appearance.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Sent there with the nerd at the end of huge Crazy Castle review.
- Humiliation Conga: Bugs gets his worst since Tortoise Wins By A Hare by the end of the Birthday Blowout review, where the Nerd goes ballistic at the games ending, and delivers a well earned No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to Bugs, topping it off with him crapping all over Bugs' face.
- Karmic Trickster: This being Bugs Bunny, he still has shades of this despite being more aggressive.
- Killer Rabbit: A literal one, mainly in the Crazy Castle review.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After heckling the Nerd throughout all of the Birthday Blowout review, the Nerd is more than willing to turn the tables on him at the end. Bugs returns the favor in the follow up.
- Made of Iron: In both of his appearances, he takes an excruciating amount of punishment from the Nerd, and even gets his head ripped off in his second appearance, and still keeps on kicking. It takes a Cartoon Bomb to bring him down.
- Mythology Gag: He sprouts the head of Woody Woodpecker in the climax of the Crazy Castle review, a nod to the earliest Bugs being similar to Woody, being co created by Ben Hardaway, and both characters initially being voiced by Mel Blanc.
- Off with His Head!: The Nerd rips off his head, but it doesn't kill him.
- One-Winged Angel: When the Nerd rips off his head, he sprouts the head of Woody Woodpecker and continues fighting.
- Screwy Squirrel: Mixed with his karmic trickster elements.
- Stylistic Suck: He's portrayed by Mike Matei in a cheap Bugs Bunny halloween costume.
- Taking You with Me: How the nerd bests him in Crazy Castle.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: In contrast to his generally cool, laid back passive aggressive persona, this Bugs is a foul mouthed jerk who is not above a one on one fight.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots, as usual.