Characters: The Angry Grandpa
Charles "Angry Grandpa" Green
An angry old man with a bipolar disorder, causing him to rage out of control and destroys everything in sight whenever something made him mad like someone eating his favourite food or getting pranked.
- Angrish: He speaks this as his second language
- Ax-Crazy: Bonus points for actually owning an ax.
- Badass Beard
- Big Bad: The closest the series has to one at least.
- Big Eater
- Bumbling Dad
- Butt Monkey
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Catch Phrase: Has several.
- "Get out of my house!" / "Get out of here!"
- [When injured] "Ow, goddamn!"
- "I got your _________ right here!"
- "I'll tell you one thing right now!"
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: In GRANDPA'S WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM, Angry Grandpa becomes this to coach Michael.
- Eek, a Mouse!!: Angry Grandpa is afraid of mice, despite having taunted Michael about his fear of them in the past.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Received one as a prank by Michael after his channel reached 1 million subscribers.
- Evil Laugh: He has a pretty impressive one.
- Evil Smells Bad: Angry Grandpa's flatulance causes others to gag and retch in his presence. It apparently smells something like rotting corpses.
- Fat Bastard
- Gasshole: Grandpa breaks wind almost as often as he breaks appliances.
- Get Out of My House!: Grandpa often orders others to leave his house when angry.
- Goshdang It To Heck: "Payday is a mother chicken." In early videos, Angry Grandpa toned down his swearing when he wasn't livid. This has changed.
- Grumpy Old Man
- Jerkass: He can be one on occasion.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's shown to genunely care for his son and his girlfriend and even gave his now ex-wife the best regards to her in her new life.
- Lack of Empathy: Especially in newer videos.
- Must Have Nicotine
- Persona Non Grata: Angry Grandpa has been banned from several establishments for his outbursts, including Walmart, Shoney's, and Sunoco.
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior: Zigzagged. While Grandpa is unbelievably crude and downright mean to those he knows well, he's very polite to children, fans, and strangers.
- Slouch of Villainy: Angry Grandpa tends to do this whenever he sits down.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Sweet Tooth: Grandpa will go at great lengths to ensure that his candy is not messed with.
- Turn Off the Camera: One of his common catchphrases. One of Angry Grandpa's peeves early on was being filmed during his rages, which would make him even angrier.
- Inverted in some videos, such as GRANDPA WIPES OUT, where Grandpa demands that Michael keep filming him.
- Vocal Evolution: Having been in videos since 2007, the nature of Angry Grandpa's intonation has changed, likely due to his chain smoking.
- Wall of Weapons: Angry Grandpa has an impressive arsenal of weapons sent from fans which he kept on his wall until it was pointed out that they were in reach of his grandchildren.
Michael "Pickleboy" GreenAngry Grandpa’s son, and cameraman. He and his girlfriend Bridgette films everything Angry Grandpa does and post the videos on YouTube. Angry Grandpa always calls him Pickleboy due to a prank that failed and got him back with pickle juice all over him. Michael is also a rapper known as Lyricold.
- Appropriated Appellation: Michael's alias, "Pickleboy", was given to him by Angry Grandpa following a prank that backfired on him, in which Angry Grandpa poured pickle juice on him. He subsequently adopted it as alias for videos in which he appears.
- Catch Phrase: "KidBehindACamera here,..."
- Hates Baths: Michael's vlogs reveal that he only showers once every few weeks.
- Embarrassing Nickname: As mentioned above, he's known as "Pickleboy" due to a failed prank involving pickle juice.
- Even more embarrassing is the fan nickname "Dildoboy".
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Michael originally rarely appeared on-camera. This has since changed.
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: In a few of his vlogs, Michael makes fun of his own standard introduction as a Shout-Out to the troll accounts that discuss his videos, who have such creative names in the vein of "Fat F*ck Behind an Insulin Shot" or "Pickle F*ck Behind a Diabetes".
- Man Child: Michael collects comic book memorabilia and wrestling action figures (which he has been filmed playing in the shower with).
- Karmic Trickster: Michael routinely plans revenge pranks for Angry Grandpa's pranks and the destruction of his things.
- Not So Different: He has recently been shown to have inherited his father's short fuse, such as when he flipped out over The Rock defeating CM Punk for the WWE championship.
- Perma Stubble
- Self-Deprecation: Michael often acknowledges his past and present shortcomings.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After years of Michael antagonizing Grandpa with his pranks, Michael buys Angry Grandpa a large house, so he no longer has to live in a trailer park.
- Uncleanliness Is Next to Ungodliness: Michael, as a child, never changed shirts, pissed in the corner of his room when he was afraid of ghosts, and crapped his pants because he didn't feel like using the toilet.
Bridgette "Princess" WestMichael’s girlfriend. She always follows him to help out with the filming and pranks. Angry Grandpa calls her Princess because she’s part of the family and she can be as annoying as Michael like eating his food whenever she wants. In recent years, she has gained a lot of weight.
- Catch Phrase:
- [After Michael introduces himself] "Bridgette West heeere!"
- [After Michael tells the audience to like and subscribe to his channel] "Follow me on everything!"
- Double Agent: In GRANDPA'S GOT EBOLA (PRANK), Bridgette aids in maintaining the illusion that Grandpa has contracted Ebola. This doesn't stop her from joining Michael in a prank against Grandpa in THE CARAMEL ONION PRANK, set in the middle of the Ebola prank. Grandpa lampshades this.
- Turncoat: Bridgette will often join Michael in a prank against Grandpa, only to sabotage the prank to get a reaction out of Michael.
Tina GreenAngry Grandpa’s wife. They got married when she was pregnant with Michael's older brother, and is the mother of Michael. Tina works as a housekeeping maid at a motel, and she is obsessed with Elvis Presley. Since Tina’s not that smart, she always spends her money on Elvis stuff instead of groceries and bills, making Angry Grandpa extremely angry. On January 9th, 2012, Tina had enough of Angry Grandpa’s abuse and decided to pack her stuff and end her longtime marriage.
- Crazy Cat Lady: A variant. When living in the Trailwood trailer park, Tina would feed a large family of cats living underneath the trailer, which Angry Grandpa would hear at night under the floor. She apparently had a habit of feeding leftover turkey to said cats, fueling a few of his outbursts.
- Put on a Bus: Once her marriage to Angry Grandpa ended.
- Commuting on a Bus: She has shown up in a few recent videos, but her appearances have become very rare.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Grandpa tended to treat her as this during and after their marriage. Their disagreements fuel the plot of many early episodes.
Tina the Neighbor
Angry Grandpa's neighbor. She's appeared in recent videos as an archnemesis of sorts for Angry Grandpa after a volatile Fourth of July confrontation. Just as loud and abrasive as Angry Grandpa, she is considered a Worthy Opponent in putting him in his place and getting the biggest rise out of him so far.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Sometimes she pretends to be this to disgust and piss off Angry Grandpa. Most notably in GRANDPA SEDUCES TINA, she flips the script on his advances and immediately demands that she have his babies, prompting him to lock himself in his car in fear.
- Cranky Neighbor
- Enemy Mine: She has since joined forces with Pickleboy in pranking Angry Grandpa in recent videos.
- Go-Karting with Bowser: One video had her visiting and kicking back on the porch with Angry Grandpa without so much as a blowout.
- Michael's blogs have also revealed that they hang out together when Tina's son plays with one of Grandpa's grandkids.
- Irony: Has the same first name as his ex-wife who also caused Angry Grandpa grief before they divorced.
- Miss Swears-A-Lot
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: In ANGRY GRANDPA MOVES IN, Tina criticizes Michael for filming the moving crew rather than helping move Angry Grandpa's things, as if he's "Jon Letterman". When Michael calls her out on this, she simply responds that they're all the same to her.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: Regularly argues with Grandpa.