Funny: The Angry Video Game Nerd
open/close all folders
- The priceless look on his face in the AVGN movie quote of the week about Pokémon.
Nerd: *blinks* The movie quote of the week is... *cracking up* "What the fuck is this?!"
- This outtakes video. Seeing the Nerd go through his famous ASS! scene in different pitches is hysterical.
Joker: Ohhh Nerd, you're on the floor, poor little baby! I oughta piss on you while you're down there, you little piece of shit!
- Speaking of outtakes: James cracking up at Mike Matei (as the Cowardly Lion) saying "Wicked Witch of the Ass".
- In the Batman video, an unused line:
- Four words: Ninja Baseball Bat Man.
- Say it with me: "Magic Electric Vulture Jack O'Lantern Grim Reaper".
- The Nerd's affinity for boxes gets lampshaded in the first AVGN vs Nostalgia Critic video and the trailer for The Movie.
NC: "Who keeps piles of boxes around?! Honestly!!"General Dark Onward: "What are all these fucking boxes doing here?!"
- The third Mailbag episode has a poorly-written e-mail, containing gems such as referring to Mike Matei as "Mike Matinee" and a line about "see futures in balls". James tries to contain his laughter, but once he gets to the infamous line "live like a windrammer as you fuck", he completely loses it, red as a beet and barely able to continue reading.
- His review of Ricky 1 had some good moments:
Ricky: Hey come on, I can't beat the champ.
- "His catch phrase is "don't be negative". I don't get it; when does Rocky ever say that? Maybe it's a take-off on "absolutely". Rocky says "absolutely", which means positive, which is the opposite of negative, so he says "Don't be negative"... whatever."
- Mimicking Ricky:
Trainer: Why not?
Ricky: 'Cause he's the champ!
Nerd: (mumbling) Can't beat the champ 'cause he's the champ.
- "By the way, Hitler makes a cameo. Why? I have no idea."
- Pointing out some Fridge Logic with one of the gags in the film: "Wow. An exploding doormat to keep burglars out!... I always thought burglars came in through the window. And what if it was a neighbor, or a mailman or something?!"
- What closes the review: "All I have to say to you, Nostalgia Critic, is fuck this movie, and fuck you for making me watch it!"
- The Nerd did a special Video Game Vault review of DuckTales. Three funny bits:
- Calling Scrooge McDuck a "rich fuck".
- Pointing out how Scrooge is rich so he can do whatever the fuck he wants, including invading a country to steal their valuables.
- Thinking Huey, Dewey, and Louie died after their mine cart fell down the pit in the African Mines level; Scrooge sacrified his own nephews to acquire more riches!
- "Top 20 AVGN Rants" is a glorified Clip Show, but it has a funny opening where the Nerd plays a bunch of bad games in short order, and shouts "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk...." Then his TV explodes.
- The running Gag of using his commodore 64 as his main computer, to the point of sticking the CD of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing into the C64's Floppy drive.