open/close all folders
- The Ace
- All Take and No Give: In the first few episodes, they:
- Went back on a deal they made to split two chickens they both helped catch, one for each tribe, by keeping both for themselves;
- Mooched fire off of the Manono tribe twice, the first being after two failed attempts to steal it;
- Considered the other tribe's offer to sleep in their shelter during a storm (though admittedly they ended up refusing);
- Pleaded to stand in the Manono shelter for warmth more than once;
- and in the end, refused or at least greatly resisted any of the Manono tribe's own requests. In fact, the Manono tribe asked to borrow their recently-won canoe and were immediately refused, despite this being right after the Salani tribe borrowed their fire for the second time, and while they were borrowing the shelter for warmth.
- In the end, after taking everything listed above, the Salani tribe only gave the Manono tribe an axe (which was technically stolen in the first reward challenge due to Loophole Abuse, but just forgotten about) and some leaf weaves for roofing that were ultimately useless due to acquisition of a tarp. They also complained about the guys behind their backs for wanting something in return and falsified information, such as claiming the guys said they would take their canoe anyway if they said no to them borrowing it, which was at the very least not shown on camera.
- Amazon Brigade: Originally.
- Five Girl Band
- Team Spirit
- True Blue Femininity: Originally.
- A House Divided
- Divided We Fall
- Dwindling Party
- Epic Fail
- Five-Man Band
- Meaningful Name: Given everything that happens, Manono ("Man oh no") is a very fitting name for the tribe.
- One Steve Limit: Troyzan and Tarzan.
- The Quisling: Too many examples.
- Rated M for Manly: The original lineup.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork
- Testosterone Poisoning
- Too Dumb to Live
The Sole Survivor
- The Ace
- Action Girl: Kim became the third woman to win four individual immunity challenges, after Kelly Wiglesworth and Jenna Morasca
- Affably Evil: Was very cunning, manipulative, and had no problem betraying her allies, but throughout the game Kim was always very kind and respectful towards the other players, even while plotting their downfall.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Though, in her case, she's hardly a villain.
- Big Eater
- Breakout Character: One of the most highly regarded winners of the show.
- The Chessmaster: Completely controlled the game since the merge, through a deft combination of strategy and manipulation.
- Consummate Liar: A skill she repeatedly used to convince other players to act against their own best interests. Lampshaded repeatedly in the final few episodes; Tarzan complained that she could convince anyone of anything just by batting her "angelic blue eyes" at them, and Kim remarked while sharing a reward with Chelsea and Sabrina that even she herself couldn't always tell when she's lying.
- Guile Heroine: Managed to convince people in several competing groups that they're part of her alliance, even as she colluded with the other women to pick off the men one by one. The men were halfway Pagonged by the time they catch on.
- Honor Before Reason: Chose to vote off both Cloud Cuckoolander Kat and universally-unpopular Christina, even though they were both excellent choices to go up against in the final three, apparently because she thought Chelsea and Sabrina most deserved to go to the end. In the end, though, neither decision harmed her – and she justified it later by pointing out that if the jury respected her gameplay they'd vote for her regardless of whom she was up against. (She only lost the votes of Leif and Troyzan).
- Invincible Heroine
- Iron Lady
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Equally good at the physical, strategical and social aspects of the game.
- The Lancer: To Sabrina on Salani before the tribes shuffled.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Metaphorically True: Kim exploited the bad blood between Troy and Mike to make the former believe that the latter was targeting him, and got Alicia to turn on Greg by telling her about his side-deals with Kim, using that to sell a lie about him trying to take Christina and Sabrina to the final three.
- Nice Girl
- Nothing Personal
- Showy Invincible Heroine
- Sole Survivor
- Statuesque Stunner: By far the tallest on the women's tribe, and taller than most of the men as well.
- The Strategist
- Trouser Space: Where she kept her immunity idol for most of the game - it quickly reached memetic proportions.
Sabrina was an Candidite for The Second Chance season but failed to gather enough votes to return.
- Black Boss Lady: Voted leader of the womens' tribe early on.
- Born Lucky: Found the hidden immunity idol on a bathroom break.
- Cool Teacher: Teaching actually is her job. (Or was, she implies that she was unemployed at the time of filming.)
- Deadpan Snarker
- Genghis Gambit: Threatening Kim with one helped her make it in front of the jury.
- Mistaken Identity: The reason why she was cast.
- Only Sane Woman
- Supporting Leader
- Surrounded by Idiots: Compared to how unstable to the rest of Salani ended up being.
- Team Mom: To Salani before the tribes shuffled.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Found an idol but had to give it to the mens' tribe. She gave it to the only guy she was acquainted with: Colton.
- Or perhaps not so unwitting. She gives the idol to Colton not only because he was the only guy she was acquainted to, but also because she knew he was in the outs of his tribe and knew he'd be willing to use it to vote a strong man out. The fact that giving him that idol essentially ended up getting all the men pagonged was quite the bonus.
- Worthy Opponent
- Action Girl: Caught two chickens with her bare hands in the first episode - "Don't mess with the country girl!" indeed.
- Bad Liar: By her own admission. Also demonstrated when Jay sought reassurance that the women weren't plotting to Pagong the men after Jonas was voted off; Chelsea clumsily hedged her response, requiring some hasty damage-control by Kim. She made various revealing slip-ups on a number of other occasions as well.
- Everyone Loves Blondes
- Farmer's Daughter: And how! First episode, she catches chickens with her bare hands.
- Holier Than Thou: After the tribes merge, she started talking about the people who "deserve" to be in the game.
- The Lancer: To Kim.
- Male Gaze
- Ms. Fanservice: She really looks good. Jonas even lampshaded it during the final tribal council:
- Jonas: "Chelsea you’re cute; as guys we all agree that you’re the hottest chick this season."
- Nice Cap
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Chelsea was a provider for her tribe, but standing next to Kim and the sympathetic Sabrina (who legitimately really needed the money), it's a bit understandable why she got no votes, on top of the Bad Liar and Holier Than Thou tropes leaving a bad taste.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: While definitely a Tomboy, her pictures in social media shows that she is also very feminine.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Combined an eye-catching pair of yellow thigh-highs with Daisy Duke shorts in the third episode.
- Alliterative Name: For Added Alliterative Appeal, her job is a career consultant.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Ostracized early on for rather vague reasons, mostly because a couple of early influential players disliked her. By the time of the merge, she'd spent so long on the outs with the majority alliance(s) that her position at the bottom of the pecking order was pretty much set in stone.
- Asian and Nerdy/Asian Airhead: Started out as the former, then started to resemble the latter as the game progresses.
- Born Lucky: Despite being at the top of the boot list since the very first episode, she kept on managing to avoid elimination... thanks to a series of increasingly-improbable flukes, including two medivacs, the other tribe actually volunteering to give up immunity right before tribal council, and the women taking advantage of the men's infighting in order to Pagong them.
- Butt Monkey
- Chickification: While she started out as a highly assertive and proactive player, by the later stages of the game almost everyone saw her as an Extreme Doormat who barely even seemed to be trying anymore. She eventually revealed that she did this on purpose to avoid becoming a target, after her earlier in-your-face attitude almost got her voted out.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Managed to Houdini her way into the final four, likely because she was no good at challenges and was more easily beaten than Alicia. However, in the final immunity challenge, it quickly became a match between her and Kim - and mind you, both of them were leagues ahead of Chelsea and Sabrina in that challenge.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Subverted in the final immunity challenge.
- Extreme Doormat
- Face Death with Dignity: Didn't anything to save herself.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Earned Alicia's wrath in the very first episode for trading some woven palm fronds to the other tribe in exchange for fire... even though Alicia was right there when the deal was being negotiated and didn't seem to have any problem with it at the time.
- Informed Flaw: Several people over the course of the season claimed that she was lazy and useless, but the only time this has been said of her was overlapped with shots of her working. (Likely a case of Manipulative Editing or Unreliable Narrator) By the end of the game, almost every other player claimed that people hate her or find her annoying, but there was never any evidence of why this is (allegedly) the case, besides everybody's say-so.
- Loophole Abuse: Ain't No Rule saying you can trade with the other camp.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Plucky Girl: Kim actually called her "the most resilient person I've ever met".
- Sympathy for the Devil: Went out of her way to comfort Colton when his illness caused him severe pain, even after he'd spent the past several days mocking, threatening, and insulting her.
- Those Two Girls: With Alicia after the merge.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Deliberately chose not to respond in kind to Alicia and Colton's constant abuse. To be fair, this was motivated at least in part by strategy: she was hoping it would drive home to everyone else just how irrationally nasty they were.
- Unkempt Beauty: Many fans share the opinion that Christina grows steadily more attractive the longer she spends out there in the wilderness. It probably helps that she started out at a slightly more substantial weight than some of the other women, making her better-equipped to handle the relative lack of food without losing muscle tone or other attributes.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Alicia, who spent the first half of the game attacking her relentlessly, somehow ended up as her closest ally by the final episodes.
- Alpha Bitch: Especially pre-merge, although she ended up cooling down once the game progressed.
- Evil Teacher: A special education teacher even, but it didn't stop her from repeatedly bullying and belittling Christina (even threatening to punch her in the face for simply standing up for herself), indirectly mocking the intelligence of her own special education students, and doing everything she could to become a Latina NaOnka. Unlike Naonka, though, she did offer up a tearful apology after getting called out on it at the reunion.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Evil Gloating: Did quite alot as the season went on.
- Fiery Redhead
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Hot Teacher
- It's All About Me: When Colton was being pulled from the game, she was more concerned with the fact that Colton was taking his idol with him than she was for Colton's personal health. Again by her jury speech, she spent her entire time gloating about how she was seen as such a threat they had to take her out.
- Ms. Fanservice: Alicia does have a good body.
- Smug Snake
- Spicy Latina: Self-described "ghetto Puerto Rican".
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Effectively an Hispanic NaOnka as explained in evil teacher.
- Token Evil Teammate: For the woman
- Two First Names
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Christina, whom she spent the first half of the game attacking relentlessly, somehow ended up as her closest ally by the final episodes.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Not quite as eye-catching as Chelsea's outfit at that same challenge, but the long white socks qualify.
Greg "Tarzan" Smith
- Accidental Misnaming: To other people (Type C). Tarzan revealed that he has nominal aphasia, which causes him to have great difficulty remembering names, though he can get them right if he tries hard. This first becomes noticeable when he insists on calling Jonas "Jason" throughout one reward challenge. Later on, when explaining to Christina that he doesn't like her, he hastens to add that he nonetheless respects her tremendously, and then finishes by calling her "Katrina".
- Badass Moustache
- Berserk Button: Anything (real or imagined) that he percieved as a betrayal of his alliance, or as personal criticism.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Regardless of his eccentric and volatile personality, he is apparently a highly successful plastic surgeon in real life. Some of the women lampshade this when they remark that highly-educated people often seem to be the most dysfunctional.
- Catch Phrase: "The game is afoot!"
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Besides insisting on being called "Tarzan", for the first couple of episodes he was mainly notable for prancing around the campfire in a speedo bellowing jungle cries. He soon revealed a tendency towards bizarre outbursts, especially in already-tense situations. He also periodically did randomly weird things like using a previously-booted (female) contestant's underwear as a headband, or tearing pieces off the shelter walls during a storm.
- The Comically Serious
- Ditzy Genius: He was able to figure out what was ailing Colton before the medical team showed up.
- The Dragon: His very forceful personality made him a useful, if weird, enforcer for Colton in the early phases of the game.
- Fan Disservice: Unsurprisingly, a sixty-five year old man wandering around in a speedo provided alot of this.
- Graceful Loser
- Happily Married: And how. In fact, its one of this season's provider for Heartwarming Moments.
- Large Ham
- Last of His Kind: The last remaining male of Tikiano.
- Mistaken for Racist: Meta-example. After Colton's putdown of Bill at Tribal Council, Greg went on a rant about how he's sick of hearing of racism. To a number of fans, who were already upset by Colton's own racism, it sounded like Greg being in denial about the existence of racism or possibly being racist himself; but a close look at what he actually said denies both accusations:"I'm fed up with people talking about race. I'm tired of it. I want people to base what they think about somebody on how they behave and what their merits are and nothing else. I don't care what color they are, that's what people should do. And I think this country is moving in that direction. We have a black president."
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Tar-ZAHN!
- Porn Stash
- The Quisling
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: To the point where Jeff Probst swore he was making up words.
- Turn Coat: In spite of his expressions of solidarity with the men, post-merge Tarzan voted quite consistently alongside Kim and her alliance. While the first few times were successfully disguised as coincidence, he was ultimately revealed to have had a secret deal with Kim to help her eliminate the other men.
Kat would return for Blood Vs. Water with her Boyfriendnote Hayden Moss
- Buffy Speak
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- The Cutie
- The Ditz: Possibly one of the standout examples of the series - such feats include:
- Not knowing what "ambiance" meant.
- Not knowing what appendicitis was.
- Not knowing that there was bacon on a BLT.
- Disproportionate Retribution: On the receiving end from the rest of the tribe - she decided to bring Kim and Alicia on the loved ones reward trip instead of Christina and Tarzan, which angered everyone except Kim and Alicia to the point where they rallied to vote her off.
- Dumb Blonde: Called this word-for-word by Nina after single-handedly blowing an immunity challenge.
- Everyone Loves Blondes
- Genki Girl
- Hidden Depths: Basically, she was a complete ditz and defended her ditziness by saying "I'm only 22". At the final tribal council, she delivered a Wham Line revealing that she survived open heart surgery when she was very young, and within a year of playing Survivor, she would have to have open heart surgery which she might not survive. (This brought some of her ditziness into Dude, Not Funny! territory, as some people thought making fun of her was in bad taste.) Fortunately, her presence in Blood vs. Water means she did survive.
- Hypocrite: Actually said “Blindsides are always fun and exciting!” at her last tribal council. Then she found herself on the ouch end, and was even less of a Graceful Loser than Ashley Underwood. To her credit, she got over her bitterness by the final tribal council, and consciously chose to avert this trope by voting for Kim (whom she had blamed for the betrayal) regardless.
- In-Series Nickname: Alicia nicknamed her "Kittykat."
- In the Hood: Her Pink Hoodie.
- I've Heard of That — What Is It?: Kat's immediate reaction when Jeff told them about Colton's appendicitis:"Oh, my God!! (beat) What is that?"
- Lazy Bum: Again accused by at least one Salani.
- The Millstone: Single-handedly lost the second immunity challenge for Salani by not listening to anything anyone was telling her.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Naïve Newcomer: Was she ever.
- The Pollyanna: If her Hidden Depths are any indication.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Tempting Fate: See Hypocrite
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Immediately after getting voted off. She says nothing, just stares blankly as her torch is snuffed and then slowly staggers off into the night.
Troy "Troyzan" Robertson
Troy was a candidate for Second Chance season but wasn't voted back on.
- Ascended Fanboy: This is particularly apparent when he won his first individual immunity challenge. In his exit interview, he mentioned that he's been applying since Borneo and almost made it on Guatemala.
- Badass: Troyzan was a fierce competitor.
- Catch Phrase: "This is my island!"
- Cool Old Guy
- Crazy Survivalist
- Defiant to the End: Tried his damnedest to break the women's alliance even when it became clear that he had no chance of surviving the vote.
- Grumpy Old Man: Became more and more noticeable after Jay's elimination, when he realized that Kim had betrayed him.
- The Hero: Of Manono.
- The Hero Gets Voted Out.
- Ineffectual Loner: Once he ran out of allies Troyzan became fatalistically aggressive, fighting hard for immunity and openly opposing Kim and her team at every turn.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Jay.
- Jerk Justifications: Type 2 and Type 3, but especially Type 2.
- Keet: A rare grown-up version.
- Large Ham
- Older Than They Look: Would you believe he's over 50 years old? He looks probably ten years younger than that.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Troyzan"
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: At first with Greg, simply for a similar nickname.He can't be Tarzan!... because I'm Troyzan!
- Thanatos Gambit: Stage-whispers "do it" into Kat's ear right after being voted out, presumably in an attempt to plant the seeds of discord within the women's alliance. It's implied to have contributed to the other women turning on Kat in the following episode.
- Beware the Honest Ones: Lets slip to Bill that Colton was targeting him for elimination. When Colton and Tarzan find this out, they do not react well.
- The Ditherer: Seemed prone to going along with whoever happens to be talking to him at the moment.
- Funny Background Event: As seen in several brief shots, he apparently sleeps inside a small wooden crate.
- Genre Blind: Seems to be completely in the dark about Survivor strategy. In spite of knowing full well that he's destined for the chopping block along with the rest of the men, he makes no effort to consolidate votes with the others until it's far too late.
- Nice Hat: Wore a dark grey fedora.
- Out of Focus
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Token Minority: Given his apparent cluelessness about how the game actually works, his casting as the first little person on Survivor is largely believed to have been this.
- Expy: Jeff compares him to Bobby Jon Drinkard from during his cast assessment - both hard-working Southern gentlemen who placed 10th after being duped and/or beaten by a woman.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Told the women in his alliance that Troyzan was becoming paranoid and planned to play his immunity idol at tribal council. Unfortunately, the women were planning to betray the men, and Jay's attempt to sell Troyzan only put him at the top of the hitlist in his stead.
- Idiot Ball: In his final episode, he seemed to be clinging to it.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Troyzan.
- Longhaired Pretty Boy
- Mr. Fanservice: Works as a model in real life.
- Oh Crap!: Seen in his expression at tribal council as all the votes against him and Troyzan are read out, and he realized that Kim has betrayed them. Made all the more poignant given that he'd basically signed his own execution order by snitching to her, in spite of Troyzan warning him that she wasn't to be trusted.
- Only Sane Man: Was easily the most level-headed guy on the original Manano tribe. After the tribes merged... not so much.
- The Quisling / Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Once he saw the other five members of Manono aligning against his alliance of four, he ditched his original alliance and votes with them to oust Matt. Following the merge he abandoned most of them in turn to join up with Kim and Chelsea.
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves
- Southern-Fried Genius: Until his boot episode.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- The Big Guy: For Salani after the tribal shuffle.
- Dragon Ascendant: Originally Matt's right-hand man, he started strategizing more and more after Matt's elimination, including throwing Leif under the bus after Matt's elimination. After the tribal shuffle, he was quickly able to get in good with his new tribemates.
- Identical Stranger: He bears a sharp resemblance to Joe Dowdle.
- Loophole Abuse: Ain't No Rule saying he can't steal the other tribe's supplies.
- Out of Focus: Is mostly memorable for stealing the other tribe's supplies during the premiere. After that, he largely fades into the background until his boot episode.
- Two First Names
- The Everyman
- Number Two: To Colton.
- The Pawn: Admitted that he was perfectly willing to play lapdog to Colton as long as he could use it to get further in the game. But then Colton left before the merge...
- Poor Communication Kills: Genre Savvy through the pre-merge stage, his boot episode was practically a case study on how not to communicate with your alliance. First he had a big fight with Tarzan over not being told about the latest plan, then scrambles to apologize later when he realized the opposing alliance is gunning for him. He still thought that Tarzan's plan to vote out Kat was a terrible idea, but decided to keep his mouth shut... then abruptly changed his mind at tribal council, where he suddenly tries to talk everyone into voting out Mike instead, thus offending both Mike and Tarzan. Needless to say, Jonas was voted out that night.
- Team Chef: A sushi chef, to be precise. He also made his own version of potato chips out of coconuts and sea water.
- Worthy Opponent: Some of the women, Chelsea in particular, apparently saw him as this.
Colton would return(much to the Fans Objections) for Blood Vs. Water this his Fiance, Caleb Bankston.
- 0% Approval Rating: He is arguably the single most hated contestant of all time
- Alliterative Name
- Alpha Bitch: A Male version Especially after teaming up with Alicia; the two acted just like a high school Girl Posse.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: The audience once he left. Although without a clear villain for the rest of the season, things got REALLY freaking dull.
- Ascended Fanboy: Colton even had a Survivor-themed Birthday party once.
- Backstabbing the Alpha Bitch: Has claimed, in post-game interviews, that he was actually preparing to do this to Alicia on the very day he was evacuated.
- Break the Haughty: Was reduced to a fetal position and sobbing in pain from his illness.
- Camp Gay
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Disc One Final Boss: The merge occurred relatively early, after he was pulled from the game.
- Drunk with Power: He started the game as an insecure and neurotic outcast, but then the "misfits" rallied around his hidden immunity idol and it went to his head. Succeeding in voting out Matt, the head of the rival alliance, made it worse.
- Fish out of Water: In the first few episodes especially, he came across as a 'country-club kid' who'd never so much as gone camping prior to the game. He did little-to-nothing to help around camp, made it perfectly clear that he hated most of his tribemates for little reason, and spent the first several days sulking and acting miserable. But then he found himself in a position of power...
- Freudian Excuse: Apparently, only his mom accepts him for being gay.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Started out seeming extremely neurotic and desperate, with no real chance of gaining any power on the men's tribe. Things quickly started to change after he got his hands on an immunity idol.
- Gay Conservative
- Irrational Hatred: Towards Bill. It's pretty hard to tell exactly what Colton hates about him so much, and it leads to many Unfortunate Implications. Apparently Bill threw his idol into the ocean.
- Karmic Elimination: Even a few of his tribemates point out that karma got him in the end.
- Jerkass: He makes Russell Hantz look like a downright decent guy in comparison.
- The Atoner: Apologized for most of his behavior at the reunion show. Then again though, it's pretty obvious Leif hadn't forgotten what he said...
- Lazy Bum: Which is actually quite the contrast with his beliefs.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: For medical reasons, though it's not clear what the issue was. A medic was brought in and found symptoms of something, and appendicitis was suggested - but when Colton returned in Blood vs Water, Probst accused him of faking his illness completely.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Where to begin with this guy?
- He called Bill "ghetto trash", referred to Leif as a Munchkin (before saying he's going to kick him back to Oz) and then decides to also call him an Oompa-Loompa). After the tribes swapped, he then started treating Christina in much the same way as Bill, mocking her not just in confessional but right to her face, even telling her she was worthless and should jump into the fire.
- Sissy Villain
- Smug Snake: See "Drunk With Power" above.
- Token Evil Teammate: To the men.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Though he only revealed it during the second time he played.
Monica would return for Blood vs Water with her Husband, Brad.
- Action Mom: Jeff boasted her as one of the most physically adept women to ever play.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Was Manono's strongest, most level-headed and co-ordinated member after the tribal shuffle, but her tribemates saw her as a social threat and (except for Christina) voted her off.
- Black Best Friend: To everyone on Manono except Colton.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: It was harmless enough that he wanted to clear the air with Colton. However, Colton said he didn't want to talk, and almost anyone else would have taken the hint.
- Funny Afro
- Graceful Loser
- Keet: Insanely hyperactive, cheerful and prone to barely-coherent running off at the mouth.
- Analogy Backfire: Described the alpha males as a group of "roosters" collectively leading the "chickens" on the tribe around. After he got voted out in the same episode, viewers noted that actual roosters don't work together, they engage in literal cockfights with each other.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He also said he played the best game out of anyone there.
- Expy: The parallels with Shannon from Nicaragua (minus the latter's blatant homophobia) are striking.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Reality Show Genre Blindness: Apparently didn't even consider the possibility of his alliance of four being outvoted by the other five.
- Some of this was Manipulative Editing; in post-show interviews he made it clear that he actually thought he was in good with Colton and Colton would be voting with him.
- Straw Misogynist
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: Pointed out that Kat cost them the challenge.
- Cool Old Lady: The oldest woman of the season. Almost became the first female S.W.A.T. officer in Los Angeles. The only reason she didn't was because of discrimination laws at the time.
- The Load: Was thought of this by her tribemates and why she was voted out.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Broke her wrist in three places and had to have corrective surgery after falling into a net wrong.
- Graceful Loser: Her boot speech was remarkably classy and touching, particularly given the rather ignominious nature of her elimination.
- Nice Hats: She showed up in a black cap that looked a like a shark or dolphin; her profile picture shows her with a yellow cap.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: The earliest one in the series thus far - three days in, on the first episode.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: As well as being the earliest evacuee ever, she is ignored along with Nina at the reunion.
- Wrench Wench: Works in motorcycle repair.