Characters: Survivor Tocantins
open/close all folders
The Sole Survivor
James "J.T." Thomas Jr.
- Badass: Played the first Perfect Game in the show's history.
- Born Winner: Never had a vote against him, and controlled his tribe completely
- Magnetic Hero: And how. How many people were willing to lay down their chances at winning for him, again?
- The most stand-out example of this is Brendan from the opposing tribe going from "I want J.T. out" to (quoted word-for-word) "If [J.T.] wins it, that's like me winning this game" after spending a single afternoon with him on a reward trip. Does J.T. have some Jedi mind powers or something?
- Awesome by Analysis: He won his first and only Individual Immunity by memorizing an entire ten-symbol code on his first try, by translating it into a series of numbers.
- Brainy Brunette: Well, he's brainy, and has brown hair, so...
- Determinator: Managed to worm himself, JT and Taj into the Final 4, despite being down 3-6 at the merge.
- The Strategist: Did most of the strategizing while J.T. sat back and charmed people.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Nearly all of the Timbiras hated her and most of them didn't bother hiding it, she would've been the second Timbira booted if Jerry hadn't gotten sick, and if Timbira had gone to a third tribal council, she would've definitely been sent packing. Which is ironic because in interviews, she comes off as friendly and polite.
- Butt Monkey: Poor girl was picked on the whole season.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially where Coach is concerned - after one of his Cloud Cuckoolander moments:
"Who is this jackass?"
"I think Coach really truly wants to be this, like, Survivor Man. I would not be surprised if when this game is all said and done, Coach said, "Gotcha! I'm an accountant! I've never left Nebraska.""
- Defeat by Modesty: Happened in an Early challenge, thanks to Sandy.
- Foil: To Coach, most certainly.
- Worthy Opponent: Would have most definitely harmed J.T's perfect victory if he took her over Stephen.
Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George
- Out of Focus: Drifted here post-merge. Pre-merge she was one of the biggest players in the game but eventually the power shifted to J.T. and Stephen and she didn't seem to realize it.
Benjamin "Coach" Wade
- Unknown Rival: To Brendan, to a huge degree.
- Warrior Poet: At one point he randomly begins reciting poetry during Tribal Council.
Debra "Debbie" Beebe
- Break the Cutie: Was broken MANY times by Coach, Debbie and Tyson who all but mocked her to her face.
- Butt Monkey: Had strep throat before the show began and had just finished antibiotics, has the most votes cast against her in the season, constantly bullied and badmouthed by other players (Especially Tyson).
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: Maybe not evil, definitely snarky, but was brought back on the "Villains" tribe.
- The Bully: Mostly towards Sierra, but definitely counts.
- Camp Straight: Acts very flamboyant this season, later appears with his girlfriend on Blood vs. Water.
- Class Clown: Was Described as this by his tribemates.
- Disc One Final Boss: He had an Idol, he had an alliance that spanned both tribes, and he was blindsided at the first Tribal Council after the merge.
- The Leader: Was nominated in this role by Timbira.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is a model, and considered by her tribemates as well as fans to be very, very good-looking.
- Straight Gay: To the degree that his tribe didn't even know he was gay.
Sandy "Mama K" Burgin