open/close all folders
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: They had a winning streak and controlled the game post merge.
- Location Theme Naming: Named after a state park in Brazil.
- Team Spirit: Jalapao gotten along rather well, especially when compared to Timbira.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Produced the winner, despite the 6-4 deficit at the merge.
The Sole Survivor
James "J.T." Thomas Jr.
- Badass: Played the first Perfect Game in the show's history.
- Born Winner: Never had a vote against him, and controlled his tribe completely
- The Charmer: So much that he won unanimously and everyone seemed to love him.
- The Chess Master: Just about everything seems to go his way.
- Determinator: At one point he continued to participate in a challenge he had lost a tooth in!
- Farm Boy: From the south and lives... well, on a farm.
- Flawless Victory: The Trope Codifier. No votes cast against him in the game, won with an unanimous Jury Vote, and wins the fan favorite prize.
- Fun with Acronyms: J.T. is the initials of his first and last names.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Stephen.
- Kid Hero: Is this, being 24.
- Magnetic Hero: And how. How many people were willing to lay down their chances at winning for him, again?
- The most stand-out example of this is Brendan from the opposing tribe going from "I want J.T. out" to (quoted word-for-word) "If [J.T.] wins it, that's like me winning this game" after spending a single afternoon with him on a reward trip. Does J.T. have some Jedi mind powers or something?
- Mr. Fanservice: He's looks pretty good.
- No Damage Run: Which in turn gave him an awesome Flawless Victory.
- Odd Friendship: Him and Stephen, with him being a country boy and Stephen being a nerd from New York.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: J.T.
- Sole Survivor: The 18th one.
- Southern-Fried Genius: J.T. had a very active social game and was partners with Stephen in Strategy.
- Young and in Charge: 24 and controlled the game with Stephen.
Post-Survivor, Stephen became a Survivor Know-It-All and later returned for Survivor Cambodia.
- Awesome by Analysis: He won his first and only Individual Immunity by memorizing an entire ten-symbol code on his first try, by translating it into a series of numbers.
- Brainy Brunette: Well, he's brainy, and has brown hair, so...
- Determinator: Managed to worm himself, JT and Taj into the Final 4, despite being down 3-6 at the merge.
- Genius Bruiser: In Real Life he's actually a pretty big guy, and his intelligence goes without saying.
- Guile Hero
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Lost to J.T. in the most one-sided Final 2 in Survivor history.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With JT.
- Odd Friendship: Him and J.T., as explained above.
- Poor Communication Kills: His final tribal council performance proved it.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Him and J.T
- The Smart Guy: Stephen was the main strategist of Jalapao.
- The Strategist: Did most of the strategizing while J.T. sat back and charmed people.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Nearly all of the Timbiras hated her and most of them didn't bother hiding it, she would've been the second Timbira booted if Jerry hadn't gotten sick, and if Timbira had gone to a third tribal council, she would've definitely been sent packing. Which is ironic because in interviews, she comes off as friendly and polite.
- Butt Monkey: Poor girl was picked on the whole season.
- Deadpan Snarker: Especially where Coach is concerned - after one of his Cloud Cuckoolander moments:"Who is this jackass?""I think Coach really truly wants to be this, like, Survivor Man. I would not be surprised if when this game is all said and done, Coach said, "Gotcha! I'm an accountant! I've never left Nebraska.""
- Defeat by Modesty: Happened in an Early challenge, thanks to Sandy.
- Foil: To Coach, most certainly.
- Girly Girl: Erinn even called herself the girliest of Girls
- Horrible Judge of Character: Her first impression of Tyson is that he's "a good guy to have around."
- Meganekko: At times like at the first immunity challenge.
- Ms. Fanservice: Many of the male viewers find her very attractive.
- Only Sane Woman: Comes across as this on Timbira.
- Worthy Opponent: Would have most definitely harmed J.T's perfect victory if he took her over Stephen.
Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George
- Happily Married: As seen in her Exile Island visit.
- Idol Singer: Was this before Survivor
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Taj. Her real name is Tamara.
- Out of Focus: Drifted here post-merge. Pre-merge she was one of the biggest players in the game but eventually the power shifted to J.T. and Stephen and she didn't seem to realize it.
- Sassy Black Woman: Can be this at times.
Benjamin "Coach" Wade
- Animal Battle Aura: Esp. during Zen trip to Exile Island, either sincere for Warrior Poet or deadpan snark for Miles Gloriosus.
- Anti-Villain: Is an example, but he's really more delusional than villainous.
- Breakout Character: Arguable the most known person on the season.
- Butt Monkey: Probst all but openly mocked him at every opportunity.
- Character Shilling: But not to the level of Russell Hantz or Boston Rob, and he later became Rescued from the Scrappy Heap in Heroes vs. Villains and South Pacific.
- Crucified Hero Shot: He dramatically takes this pose while meditating at Exile Island.
- Designated Hero: In universe example, because he designated himself as The Hero.
- The Munchausen: Not everyone found his stories believable.
- The Nicknamer: Calls J.T. "The Warrior" and Stephen "The Wizard."
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Coach."
- Small Name, Big Ego: Candace called the man, having a ego the size of Brazil
- Unknown Rival: To Brendan, to a huge degree.
- Warrior Poet: At one point he randomly begins reciting poetry during Tribal Council.
Debra "Debbie" Beebe
- Action Mom: Debbie does well in challenge, even winning individual immunity once.
- Back Stab Backfire: Her attempt to betray Coach didn't go very well.
- Cool Old Lady: Of course. Debbie was the only woman to win individual immunity this season.
- Hot Teacher: She's a principal.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Tyson.
- Ms. Fanservice: Debbie looks amazing for a woman in her mid forties.
- Team Mom: To Timbira.
- Younger Than They Look: Does she look 46 to you?
- All of the Other Reindeer: See Butt Monkey. Aside from Brendan, she didn't had any friends.
- Break the Cutie: Was broken MANY times by Coach, Debbie and Tyson who all but mocked her to her face.
- Butt Monkey: Had strep throat before the show began and had just finished antibiotics, has the most votes cast against her in the season, constantly bullied and badmouthed by other players (Especially Tyson).
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Constantly gunned for elimination
- Hope Spot: Voted against Coach in ep. 9. He calmly tells her that she should expect to be booted real soon, as punishment for that vote and for siding with the evicted Brendan earlier. She does quite well in the next Immunity challenge, and is about to be crowned the winner... when Debbie steals victory at the last possible moment. Debbie has one small courtesy to give first...
- Ill Girl: She was on antibiotics at the start of the season. Although she gets better, this help put her on the bottom of Timbira's chopping block for most of the game.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is a model in real life.
Tyson returned for Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains and Blood vs. Water with his Girlfriend, Rachel.
- Beware the Silly Ones: For all his outrageous antics, he is still a challenge beast.
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: Maybe not evil, definitely snarky, but was brought back on the "Villains" tribe.
- Breakout Character: He gotten his own entry on the 2nd funny 115
- The Bully: Mostly towards Sierra, but definitely counts.
- Camp Straight: Acts very flamboyant this season, later appears with his girlfriend on Blood vs. Water.
- Class Clown: Was Described as this by his tribemates.
- Deadpan Snarker: All the time.
- Establishing Character Moment: His first impression of Erinn: "The younger brunette? She comes off to me as kind of being... the bitch."
- For the Evulz: Seems to be his motivation for most of what he does.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: Explicitly stated he "loves making people cry"
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a decent guy off the show, but loves causing mayhem on it.
- Naked People Are Funny: Walks around naked early in the game. Needless to say, his tribemates find it funny.
- Number Two: To Coach. He even lampshades it in the memorable "assistant coach" confessional.
- The Southpaw: Is shown to be left-handed from his voting confessionals.
- Disc One Final Boss: He had an Idol, he had an alliance that spanned both tribes, and he was blindsided at the first Tribal Council after the merge..
- The Leader: Was nominated in this role by Timbira.
- Only Friend: Very much Sierra's only ally in the game.
- The Strategist: Definitely, but too overtly so.
- Unknown Rival: He had no clue how badly Coach and Tyson wanted him out.
- Foreshadowing: The moment that Joe hurt his knee was emphasized when it happened.
- Game-Breaking Injury: One very reminiscent of Jonathan's in Micronesia
- Glass Cannon: One of Jalapao's strongest members, but...
- I Coulda Been a Contender: Until his medevac.
- Nice Guy: He was very well-liked by other the other contestants, Erinn in particular
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Which spared him from being...
- Southern Gentleman: Described as by his bio and it showed.
- Unwitting Pawn: Was strung along by Sydney prior to the merge, and was duped by Stephen's fake Immunity Idol.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Pulled it on Joe, but wasn't able to use it on any of the other Jalapao.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is a model, and considered by her tribemates as well as fans to be very, very good-looking.
- The Tease: The reason why Sandy wanted her gone. She believed that Sydney's flirting with Joe and JT was strategic.
Sandy "Mama K" Burgin
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Talks about some questionable things.
- Cool Old Lady: The oldest woman of the season. Sandy was also a very tough cookie.
- Never Mess with Granny: As Erinn found out at the second challenge.
- Often Known By Their Nickname: Mama K
- Too Dumb to Live: She couldn't figure out what the phrase "ten paces" meant.
- Team Mom: Described as this for Jalapao.
- Cool Old Guy: Well Like by his tribe, only voted out due to his illness.
- I Coulda Been a Contender: The Timbiras were all set to vote Erinn off until he got sick.
- Ill Man: The reason why he was voted out.
- Mercy Kill: See I Coulda Been a Contender and Ill Man
- Team Dad: To Timbira, Erinn described him as such in the rites of passage.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: The first person to go against Coach and tried to convince people he was trouble. They really should have listened
- Gossipy Hens: See The Complainer Is Always Wrong.
- Ms. Fanservice: As Expected of a Ms. Ohio.
- Sassy Black Woman: Has shades of this, like her response to Brendon & Sierra making a bonfire.
- Tomboy: Called one in her Pre-Game Bio.