Characters: Survivor Nicaragua
open/close all folders
The Sole Survivor
Judson "Fabio" Birza
- Adorkable: It's that smile of his, and his overall adorable nature.
- Badass Adorable
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: And how! For most of the game, he seems like nothing more than a clumsy, amiable doofus. Then, with about three episodes to gonote , he abruptly drops the harmless act and morphs into an unstoppable challenge machine. He also subtly maneuvers Sash and Chase into not only voting off Jane, but also making themselves look like JerkAsses at tribal council (in full view of the jury).
- Born Winner
- Butt Monkey: He almost got his face burned by fire, he gets his finger caught in a fishing hook, and he gets pinched by a crab among other things. And he won.
- The Cutie: A male variant. He manages to look so adorable with that smile of his.
- Dumb Blond: Subverted, although he admits he does play that role sometimes. One example is when he's talking with Marty and he buys the whole "Marty is a literal Chessmaster" bluff.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: He starts out fairly average at challenges, but by the end, no one can beat him.
- Genius Ditz
- The Hero
- Important Haircut: In the reunion.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Marty and Dan.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Incidentally, he's dressed in yellow, which is the color associated with the former Trope Namer.
- Kid Hero: He's 21 - and certainly looks the part!
- The Klutz
- Magnetic Hero: NaOnka, his Sit Com Arch Nemesis, voted for him in the end. Not to mention the people cheering at him to win in the finale.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Nice Guy: It ended up being one of the main reasons he won.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Big time. Perhaps one of the best people to pull this card next to Natalie from Samoa and Vecepia from Marquesas.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Fabio.
- Plucky Comic Relief: One of the few to ever end up winning.
- Sole Survivor: The youngest ever to do so.
- Took a Level in Badass
- Unlikely Hero: Who thought that this guy was going to be at the merge let alone win? Getting the fishing hook caught in his finger and not realizing crabs could pinch had people wonder if he'd get himself evacuated.
- Worthy Opponent: Some players thought he'd have been perfect to have taken out Russell and Rob (who, ironically, were in the next season).
Matthew "Sash" Lenahan
- Action Mom
- Beware the Nice Ones: Extremely noticeable when she gets told that her alliance is planning to vote her out.
- Cool Old Lady: In. Spades.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Jane can get downright scary if she even thinks she's been betrayed or slighted. Her reaction to learning she was about to be voted out practically makes Lex look civilized.
- Namely, she flips them off, tells Sash not to look at her, insults them and their parents which she met that day and dumps all of their water out on the fire (nearly burning Dan in the process.)
- Genre Savvy: Quoted Jeff Probst on why people don't know how to make fire.
- Happy Dance: Her "fish dance".
- Heroines Love Dogs: She's a dog trainer.
- Intergenerational Friendship
- Irrational Hatred: Nurses a bitter grudge against Marty throughout the entire game, for reasons unknown. This includes ranting that he's a wretched scumbag at every opportunity, trying (with some success) to turn other players against him, and calling him a worthless failure as a father. When asked at the reunion, she claims that she felt Marty didn't respect her, even though he'd repeatedly told anyone who'd listen that Jane was the most dangerous player in the game.
- Large Ham
- Never Mess with Granny: And Holy Shit How! She regularly beat men half her age in challenges. Not to mention what happened when she was told she would be voted out...
- Noodle Incident: Something certainly happened at her final tribal council, which CBS edited out from what was broadcast, and which all of the players are under orders not to discuss. According to rumors, she accused Sash of secretly offering (earlier in the game) to pay off her mortgage if she helped him win. He denied it, and there was no way of knowing which of them was lying. If true, it would've been illegal (and if not, it was slander), so CBS edited it out and ordered everyone to stay quiet. Evidently nothing more was done as they didn't want two more people being ejected after NaOnka and Purple Kelly quit.
- Sanity Slippage: After being told she's going to be voted off, she's FREAKING out.
- Shocking Elimination: A lot of fans thought she'd have made it to the finals.
- Sit Com Arch Nemesis/The Resenter/Not so Unknown Rival: To Marty, somewhat inexplicably. The source of her resentment is never really explained, and he's clearly baffled by it.
Ben "Benry" Henry
"Purple" Kelly Shinn