Characters: InuYasha Naraku and Incarnations
Character sheet for the main antagonist, and his incarnations, of InuYasha
.Main Character Index
| Main Characters
| Supporting Characters
| The Band of Seven
| Other Villains
| Other Characters
open/close all folders
A murderous bandit who was betrayed by his comrades and badly burnt. Permanently crippled, he was taken in the the miko Kikyo and came to lust after her. Dissatisfied by his inability to move, Onigumo summoned a horde of yokai and offered them his body in exchange for a new one. However, the yokai, merged into a collective consciousness called Naraku, double-crossed Onigumo and suppressed his consciousness. Onigumo's human heart and feelings for Kikyo remained in Naraku, preventing him from trying to kill her, and after Naraku realized this he attempted to purge Onigumo from himself several times, first as Musou, then as the Infant.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Yanaka (JP), Paul Dobson
(EN), Raúl de la Fuente (LA SP)
- Asshole Victim: He was immolated by his band of thugs.
- Ax-Crazy: As revealed by Musou, he was a violent hedonist who killed whoever and whenever he wanted.
- Bandaged Face: And thankfully too, considering what could be seen of what was left was not pretty.
- Barbarian Longhair: If Musou's appearance is any indication.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Sold his soul to youkai for a new body, because he wanted to have Kikyo, the demons on the other hand had other plans.
- Deal with the Devil: Summoned thousands of evil youkai and offered them his body in exchange for a new one. The demons double crossed him and merged to form Naraku, suppressing Onigumo's consciousness.
- Enemy Within: For Naraku, ironically enough, as his love for Kikyo prevented Naraku from trying to kill her.
- The Faceless: He did have a face, but what was left of it was kept wrapped in bandages save for one eye and his mouth.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: He was obsessed with the woman who nursed him after he was horribly burned.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Was a faceless, crippled bandit who became the foundation for the main antagonist.
- Hijacking Cthulhu: Musou reveals this is what Onigumo intended to do to the youkai he summoned, but was taken over by Naraku instead.
- Love Makes You Evil: He fell obsessively in love with Kikyo when she took care of him after he was burned to almost death, but when she fell in love with Inuyasha, he sold himself to demons to get her.
- Manipulative Bastard: He manipulated a bandit into being a scapegoat.
- Meaningful Name: Onigumo translates as "ogre spider" or "demon spider". Naraku's Animal Motif is a spider.
- Pragmatic Villainy: As evil as Onigumo was, he didn't want Kikyo to die and was horrified that Naraku tried to kill her. Not actually because he thought that was too cruel, but because his wish was to make Kikyo his possession, and that wasn't possible with her dead.
- Yandere: He became obsessed with Kikyo and would often whisper to Kaede about what he wanted to do to her.
The main villain of the series, a youkai of strange and mysterious origins. He seeks to obtain and corrupt the Shikon Jewel, and uses extremely manipulative tactics in order to pursue that goal, proving to have a hand in nearly everything bad that happens over the course of the series.
- 0% Approval Rating: He doesn't even try to get people to like him. There is exactly one character in the entire series, excepting those of his detachments who died way too fast to form any opinion, who doesn't hate Naraku or attempt to turn on him at some point - Byakuya.
- Actually A Doom Bot: Very often in the earlier arcs, where he'll left a kugustu (earth puppet) to fight the heroes instead of him.
- All-Encompassing Mantle: Early in the series he wore a baboon-skin robe with its head acting as a combined hood and mask, and he still wears it from time to time throughout the series.
- And Then What?: Before the final battle, he admits to Byakuya that, after he kills Inuyasha and his friends, he has no idea what he'll do next.
- And Your Little Dog Too: LOVES taunting his victims/enemies about what he'll do to them
- Animal Motifs: Spiders.
- The Assimilator: He can assimilate demons and the parts he spits out can become individuals to protect him, which he can re-assimilate if they step out of line
- Attack Reflector: His barriers develop this ability in Mt. Hakurei.
- Badass: After Mt. Hakurei, he goes from a manipulator to a Smug Super Invincible Villain who gets more and more powerful.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: When he's exposed and not in Body Horror form
- Big Bad: He's the primary villain the heroes face because his Evil Plan to corrupt the Sacred Jewel infects every other villain and most of their adventures. Until the Sacred Jewel reveals itself to be the True Final Boss.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: With Magatsuhi, the evil spirit within the Sacred Jewel. Both are working together to corrupt the Jewel, but unlike Naraku's incarnations or pawns, Magatsuhi has his own agenda and is too independent to be one of the Co-Dragons along with Byakuya.
- Bishōnen: In spite of all of his disgusting deeds, he's this in his Kagewaki guise.
- Black Magic: How he create replicas via voodoo like dolls and combine demons to merge with himself in order to separate
- Body Horror: Whenever he tries to reform, it is usually a mashup of the demons he's absorbed so far.
- Body of Bodies: His half-demon form during his period of weakness results in a writhing pile of randomly placed demonic body parts with his human head dangling in the middle of the mess. At one point in order to obtain a stronger body he perfoms a Kodoku spell: thousands of fierce demons fight inside a cave in a mountain, and the winner absorb and merge with the losers, with Naraku absorbing the surviving demon himself. Even his full-demon form is composed of different parts.
- Breaking Speech: He loves to give this to whoever is listening. They normally end with a Shut Up, Hannibal!.
- The Chessmaster: Plays with everyone, sometimes so he can get more powerful, sometimes to get rid of his enemies, and sometimes just For the Evulz.
- Combat Tentacles: He can produce regenerative ones.
- The Corrupter: To everyone.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy:
- For all of his faults, he is smart enough to retreat whenever a fight goes against his way rather than fight a losing battle like his other enemies, he also aims to rid himself of his human heart so that Kikyo won't be his Morality Pet.
- Additionally he revives the Band of Seven and St. Hakushin specifically because they were all examples of Too Powerful to Live/Too Cool to Live so that they would give Inuyasha a hard time
- He also has Kagura's heart captive in order to prevent her from turning against him like some of her other siblings.
- On top of it all, he knew from the start that the Infant would eventually try to turn on him and thus deliberately made him a helpless baby.
- Demonic Possession: Is the result of hundreds of youkai devouring and merging with Onigumo's body.
- Divide and Conquer: He always tries to split the heroes, trying to put them against each other, or makes other villains fight them instead, including making detachments of himself to distract them.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: He often disguises himself with a white baboon pelt. Given his nature, it's subverted.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good:
- At one point, he is unable to understand why Sango simply refuses to kill Kohaku even after everything Naraku made him do. On another occasion, he remarks that the fact that Inuyasha and co. would show mercy to Kanna, whom he had sent on a Suicide Mission against them, actually makes him sick.
- Ultimately subverted when Kagome points out that he must have a pretty solid understanding of human bonds and their significance to successfully manipulate people as easily as he does, and that he could only do that because he is part human. Both she and Inuyasha declare that this makes his deeds especially unforgivable since he must have known exactly what he was was doing to his victims. So it's that he's not he's incapable of understanding bonds, it's that he doesn't care about anything other than what can achieve his goal.
- Evil Counterpart: To Inuyasha, both are half-demons that desired to become full demons in order to throw away their human weakness. Unlike Naraku, however, Inuyasha eventually embraces his half-demon nature.
- Evil Evolves: Each appearance shows a new form all the way to the climax. Its part of his Evil Plan. The form he took at the end of the Band of Seven arc was by far the most obvious point to this trope
- Evil Is Petty: His only real motivation is his love/hate feelings for Kikyo and pure hatred for Inuyasha, although he doesn't want to admit that to himself. Even after discarding his human feelings, he had no real idea what he was going to do if he finally managed to end Inuyasha and his companions. But he still ruins or attempts to ruin lives of seemingly everyone he encounters For the Evulz.
- Evil Plan: He wants to become a powerful full youkai using the complete tainted Shikon Jewel, but his own desire for Kikyou gets in the way.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Especially in the English dub
- Extra Eyes: After his upgrade in Mt. Hakurei, he has one eye on his chest and one eye on each hand.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: See above.
- The Faceless: Prior to take Kagewaki's appearance, he never removes his baboon mask. It was probably best not known what was under there.
- Faux Affably Evil: He speaks politely, but it's obvious that it's merely a sign of mockery, somewhat justified as his current disguise was a noble who used royal dialect but he drops it completely after Mt. Hakurei, taking a more Smug Super ego.
- Flight: He uses clouds then self flight once he gets rid of his human heart.
- For the Evulz: If he's not going after the jewel shards or carrying out schemes against Inuyasha's group, he'll be ruining the lives of innocent people for fun. Case in point: he placed the Wind Tunnel on Miroku's family simply to cause his bloodline eternal suffering.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Initially a crippled bandit whose lust for Kikyo led him to form a contract with demons and become Naraku, one of the most powerful and vicious beings. The anime implies that the mind that eventually becomes Naraku comes from a tiny spider demon that Onigumo makes a deal with.
- Fusion Dance: He's the result of a human merging with hundreds of youkai. And he's able to separate parts of them at will except for the human part since it's what keeps it all together, although in Mt. Hakurei he managed to at least separate his human heart and discard its human feelings.
- Grand Theft Me: The yokai Onigumo summoned pulled this on him. When absorbed by his incarnations' creation, he just reverses the process on him.
- Giant Spider: His insignia, as well as the outer shell of his final form.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a burn scar in his back in the form of a spider, part of the human Onigumo.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He tries to get rid of his human part and seems to succeed in Mt. Hakurei but eventually reabsorbs it.
- I Have Your Little Brother: Had Kohaku for the longest time, till the boy escaped.
- Invincible Villain: While Naraku was fairly weak at the start, once he gains the ability to assimilate more demons and create detachments he becomes this. Especially after Mount Hakurei, he continued to become more and more invincible and his plans becoming more and more ridiculously perfect when beforehand, he failed a great deal of the time it had to take Kagome to wish him out of existence to completely destroy him.
- Jerkass Has a Point: While Kikyo's death and Inuyasha's sealing were his fault via slashing Kikyo disguised as Inuyasha causing the former to seal the latter and attacking Inuyasha in Kikyo's image, he did have a point in that they were quick to distrust each other and how easy it was to drive a wedge between them. This is a world where youkai have shown the ability to shapeshift into other people's forms or take control of people's bodies yet neither of these possibilities occurred to either one of them, instead the two of them were quick to assume the worst of the other despite being lovers.
- Kick the Dog:
- He has a long list of screwing people over, and the only one of the main cast he hasn't messed with at any point was Shippo.
- In the anime it's taken to another level when 15 years ago, he tries to kill Hitomiko, a little girl with strong spiritual powers just because she was a threat. When that failed, he kills her friends and parental guardian. Notable in that's it's jarring for someone who usually intends to have his ends lead to the Sacred Jewel's corruption, would just kill someone just because they existed.
- Knight of Cerebus: After he's mentioned, the story (as well as any plot involving him) becomes much more Darker and Edgier.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Is the Hyde to Onigumo - the cruder, more hedonistic bandit who lusts for Kikyo - Jekyll.
- Let's You And Him Fight While I Watch From a Distance: Always trying to make everyone kill each other.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: He often uses Combat Tentacles as well as other Body Horror powers, especially after Mt. Hakurei.
- The Man Behind the Man: Pretty much any antagonist the heroes ever run into can be traced back to Naraku somehow. And he has one... the demon inside the Shikon No Tama.
- Manipulative Bastard: Emphasis on the "manipulative." And the "bastard."
- Master of Illusion: Early on he used some vines that show the victims the negative aspects of their hearts.
- Merger of Souls: Naraku was created when thousands of youkai devoured the deranged and perverse thief (and Kikyou's Stalker with a Crush) Onigumo and fused together. However, the demons suppressed Onigumo's consciousness and went on to try to kill Kikyo.
- Mr. Fanservice: When not in his Body Horror form.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast:"Naraku" refers to the Buddhist version of hell
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Almost every possible variation depending on which form his body has currently taken.
- One-Winged Angel:
- Poisonous Person: His body is made of deadly miasma. At one time, Kirara got seriously poisoned after biting him.
- Poison Is Corrosive: His poison can dissolve things like Inu no Taiso's fang that kept Ryukotsusei's fang in check.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He's the Big Bad and when his eyes glow, true nastiness is about to be unleashed.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Kagewaki's appearance.
- Sissy Villain: Long hair, androgynous features... shapeshifted himself into a woman to distract Miroku's grandfather and into Kikyo to distract Inuyasha.
- Split Personality Takeover: Naraku was formed from the collective consciousness of the yokai Onigumo summoned, and was revealed to have pulled this on Onigumo, who had been hoping to retain control of his new body.
- Smug Super: Especially after Mt. Hakurei.
- The Sociopath: Other than power, he mainly does things For the Evulz.
- Super Smoke: He can surround himself with and transform his body into a cloud of miasma, and uses it to escape.
- The Trickster: A very dark one.
- Took a Level in Badass: A villainous example who takes advantage of absorbing and throwing out demonic parts he needs or doesn't need so he becomes more powerful.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: Twice, both Tekkei and Moryomaru try to devour him, only for it to bite them in the back, especially for the latter.
- Transhuman Treachery: His original self, Onigumo, gives up his body to demons in order to move again and be able to get Kikyo. What happens next isn't apart of his original plan.
- Truly Single Parent: Of all his detachments.
- Was Once a Man: Was once a lowly bandit named Onigumo till he made a Deal with the Devil to create the identity known as Naraku.
- Would Hurt a Child:
- Kohaku who he intends to kill to get his Jewel shard. And he does.
- In the anime, he tried to kill a young priestess named Hitomiko, merely because she posed a threat.
- Villainous Breakdown: After getting a rather spot on Armor-Piercing Question and statement from Kagome and Inuyasha, he loses his long standing calm demeanor and begins to lose it.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: When he's about to lose, he'll make an escape.
- Villainous Crush: On Kikyo, thanks to his human heart. He tries to get rid of it.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: In order to confuse and manipulate people in his way. Although he only used it flashbacks.
- Yandere: While Naraku himself wants to kill Kikyou, the remnant of Onigumo within him loves her and prevents him from doing so. Both sides want to kill InuYasha.
Kanna is a "detachment" of Naraku, a creature created from his body. She appears to be an emotionless young girl with white hair, and uses a mirror which can monitor distant events, trap souls, and reflect energy back onto attackers.
Kagura, like Kanna, is a detachment of Naraku. She has power over wind, and unlike Kanna is more rebellious, with a will of her own. She serves Naraku only because he can kill her at any time, and hopes to be free of him someday.
Voiced by: Izumi Oogami (JP), Janyse Jaud
(EN), Diana Pérez (LA SP), Cinzia De Carolis (IT), Isabelle Bouchemaa (FR)
- Animal Motifs: The Spider, inherited from her "father"
- Animate Dead: Her wind can do this
- Anti-Hero: Type IV by the end of her Character Development.
- Anti-Villain: She starts off as an antagonist, but her resentment towards Naraku drives her to attempt a Heel-Face Turn.
- Badass: Her Razor Wind attacks are powerful and she is a potent necromancer as well.
- Big Sister Instinct: Before her death, she became very protective towards Kohaku; in the same way that his real sister Sango is. She also gets along fairly well with Kanna, though the same can't be said for any of her other "siblings".
- Black Mage: She is a necromancer.
- Blow You Away: Can manipulate the wind, so much that in her first appearance she could even control the wind necessary for the Wind Scar.
- Broken Bird: She doesn't want to serve Naraku or even necessarily be evil, but he literally holds her heart in his hand.
- Clothing Damage: A lot, for fanservice purposes.
- Combat Hand Fan: Her weapon of choice. She can use this to enhance her wind attacks.
- Dark Action Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: Makes blase comments about what Naraku is doing and is very sarcastic.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Kagura is always barefoot, and there are plenty of closeups of her bare feet.
- Femme Fatale: Of the morally conflicted type.
- Forced Into Evil: Subverted. She only serves Naraku because he holds her heart in his hands, but she definitely enjoys fighting and wreaking havoc, at least until Character Development kicks in.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: She has Naraku's trademark spider mark on her back.
- Hot Witch
- I Just Want To Be Free: Her one wish was to be free from Naraku's control.
- Implied Love Interest: While it isn't blatant enough to be Official Couple since there was no kissing or marriage or anything like that, there's plenty of implication with Sesshomaru.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: By the end of her Character Development.
- Lady of War: A powerful and graceful fighter.
- Magic Dance: How her attacks are named after dances.
- Ms. Fanservice: In her first battle with Inuyasha her kimono was shredded by the Wind Scar, leaving her topless.
- The Necromancer: Her "Shikabane no Mai" (Dance of Corpses), which she uses to manipulate dead people and even skeletons.
- Pet the Dog: Her later attitude towards Kohaku.
- Plucky Girl: Very grim version
- Pointy Ears
- Razor Wind: The usual, bullet like version (known as "Fujin no Mai", Wind Blades Dance) and the tornado-shaped version (Ryuuja no Mai, Dragon-Serpent Dance).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted. Although introduced as a villain, Character Development makes her an Anti-Villain who tries to help Inuyasha's group, supports Sesshoumaru, and who ends up having an Heroic Sacrifice to save Kohaku's life.
- Secret Keeper/Noble Demon: She finds out about Inuyasha's human night, but she never tells Naraku or uses it against him.
- Tragic Villain: She has to carry out Naraku's orders since he has her heart and can kill her at any moment.
The third of Naraku's detachments, is a beastly-looking ogre with powerful fangs and the ability of reading minds. He destroy's Tessaiga with his fangs, but is slaughtered by Demon!InuYasha
. Later Sesshomaru revive his head so that his teeth can be used to forge Tokijin.
Voiced by: Masaharu Satoh (JP), Michael Kopsa
(EN), Roberto Mendiola (LA SP), Mario Bombardieri (IT)
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Has large, curved bones coming out of his arms.
- Break Them by Talking: Does this is to a pair of little siblings by describing how he ate their parents. Later he does this to the heroes, telling them how their tactics won't work and why.
- Combat Clairvoyance: Thanks to his Psychic Powers.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Inflicts one to Inu Yasha's group thanks to his superior mind-reading powers.
- Evil Sounds Deep: with an addition of Voice of the Legion in the dub.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: First Inuyasha rips his arm off, then he proceed to claw at him so hard he rends him to pieces in one blow, tearing his spine out of his body.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Destroying Tessaiga allowed him to severely injure Inu Yasha, but also awoken his Super-Powered Evil Side.
- Horned Humanoid: It is implied that his appearance is based more on the assimilated demons than Naraku himself.
- Kick the Dog: Reads a couple of kids' minds in order to gloat over how he ate their parents.
- Knight of Cerebus: The first demon to force Inuyasha's demon blood to awaken and to break the Tessaiga, also one of the first demons to have their cruelty to played completely seriously without and having no redeeming traits.
- Lightning Bruiser: Despite being quite big, he's very fast.
- Mind Rape: Tries it with his Mind Reading powers.
- Mind Reading: How he predicts attacks, he can do some nasty Mind Rape and Breaking Speech to his victims.
- Meaningful Name: His name can be read as "Mind-Reading Ogre".
- Non-Standard Character Design: To further demonstrate the Knight of Cerebus, Goshinki is heavily shaded unlike most of the characters.
- Now That's Using Your Teeth: Manages to destroy Tessaiga's blade by biting it. Later his fangs are used by Kaijinbo to forge Sesshomaru's blade Tokijin.
- Oh, Crap: When he realize that Demon!Inu Yasha's only thought is joy for the incoming massacre.
- Our Demons Are Different: Like the other incarnations, he's an incarnation of Naraku. Unlike them, it's implied that his appearance is based on one of the demons Naraku discarded to recreate him.
- Psycho for Hire: He may be working under Naraku's orders, but there's no doubt that he loves killing and causing pain for its own sake.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The only incarnation to have completely red eyes, and he is a monster to the core.
- Telepathy: And he loves to use his powers to sadistically torture his victims and opponents.
- Top-Heavy Guy: His torso is very large compared to the rest of his body.
- Villainous Glutton: One who's favorite food happens to be people, but horses and cattle will do as well. Even lampshaded by Kagura during his introduction.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: While his purpose may have been just to destroy Tessaiga, it is very clear that before his immediate destruction, that he would've proven to be a powerful servant and enemy even more dangerous than both Kanna and Kagura due to the fact he has no moral restraints.
Juromaru and Kageromaru
The fourth and fifth detachment of Naraku. Juromaru is a pretty looking boy with white hair who behave like a beast. Kageromaru is a worm-like creature with scythes for arms who lives inside Juromaru's body and can talk. They're defeated by Inu Yasha and Koga's combined efforts.
- Blade Run: Juromaru stands on Tessaiga several times.
- The Brute: Juromaru.
- Dual Boss: Essentially what they are to Inu Yasha.
- Flat Character: The only reason of their existence is to offer some challenge to Inu Yasha, similar to Goshinki, but at least he had more sentience and personality than both of the duo.
- Fragile Speedster/Glass Cannon: Kageromaru is absurdly fast, but lacks stamina and is not very strong.
- Hit-and-Run Tactics: Kageromaru. Strikes very fast and immediately hides underground or in his brother stomach.
- Meaningful Name: Juromaru roughly means "Beast Boy", Kageromaru "Shadow Boy".
- No Body Left Behind: They're both turned into dust by the Wind Scar.
- The Speechless: Juromaru.
- The Starscream: The first thing that Juromaru does after being freed by the chains and mask is to behead Naraku's Kugustu. Heck, even when they were still a lump of lifeless flesh the first thing they did was to behead Naraku, they kill and devour some soldiers.
- Sinister Scythe: Kageromaru's arms.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Dies in his first appearance, but unlike Goshinki, he and his "twin" barely get any characterization
- White Hair, Black Heart
The sixth detachment of Naraku, who appears as a faceless man born from a blob of flesh. He is also Naraku's first attempt to purge Onigumo from himself.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Yanaka (JP), Brian Dobson
(EN), Luis Daniel Ramírez (LA SP), Vittorio Guerrieri (IT)
- The Blank: There's a grisly spot where his face should be. That's because Onigumo had his face burned. Muso later adquired the face we see after stealing the features of a young and handsome monk whom he just killed.
- Blood Knight: Really likes killing.
- Body Horror: Including spikes, Rubber Man characteristics and Combat Tentacles.
- Enemy Without: He attacks Naraku for keeping him shut up for 50 years and is reabsorbed for his troubles.
- Face Stealer: In fact the face wears is that of a handsome priest he comes by.
- Fate Worse than Death: Is eventually re-absorbed by Naraku when he finds out that he can't exist without him.
- Full-Frontal Assault
- Healing Factor
- The Hedonist: Lives for getting what is best in life.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: He remembers nothing about his past, not even his name. That's one reason he calls himself "Musou", the other being it was the name of the monk whose face he stole.
- Naked on Arrival: Was naked after being formed.
- One-Winged Angel: See Scary Scorpions below.
- Reincarnation: Of Onigumo, after a fashion: he's Onigumo's soul and heart shunted into a body made from Naraku's flesh.
- Scary Scorpions: His battle form looks like one, save for the pincers.
- Spikes of Villainy: Can sprout these as part of his shapeshifting ability.
- Stupid Evil: He's extremely selfish, hedonistic, and just wanders around killing and pillaging without a cause.
- Too Dumb to Live: While running from Naraku, he changes his mind, doubles back, and impales him... which gives Naraku the perfect opening to reabsorb him.
- Yandere: As Onigumo reborn, he retains his psychotic affection towards Kikyo.
Another detachment of Naraku, created in the depths of Mt. Hakurei.
Voiced by: Ai Kobayashi (JP), Chiara Zanni (EN), Héctor Emmanuel Gómez (LA SP), Stefano Mondini (IT)
After the Infant is split in half, one of the halves becomes Hakudoshi, a white-haired young boy with powers very much like Naraku's but had an agenda of his own.
Voiced by: Ai Kobayashi (JP), Chiara Zanni (EN), Héctor Emmanuel Gómez (LA SP), Stefano De Filippis (IT)
Naraku's final detachment, he appears to be a beautiful young man with a playful disposition. He is purely loyal to Naraku and has a wide variety of powers.
- Affably Evil: Playful, loyal and polite, he's easily the most affable of Naraku's incarnations.
- Battle Butler: And loyal to Naraku to the death as well.
- Deadpan Snarker: Like Kagura, he likes to make snide comments, but unlike her, he's genuinely more laid back about it.
- Eye Scream: He can detach his eye to spy others.
- Fantastically Indifferent: Like Kanna, his main purpose is to perform a specific duty for Naraku that will result in his death. Unlike Kanna, he remains loyal to the end and barely bats an eyelid over having to sacrifice himself.
- Foreshadowing: As he watches the manner in which Kanna dies, he contemplates that's his likely fate as well. He was right.
- Guyliner: Has lipstick.
- Just Following Orders: He tries to interfere with Sesshoumaru's pursuit of Mouryoumaru. When Sesshoumaru turns on him, he asks Sesshoumaru not to hate him because he's just doing his job, and then beats a hasty a retreat.
- Master of Illusion
- Mega Manning: The true purpose of his sword.
- Ornamental Weapon: Subverted. It's seemingly purely decorative, but turns out to have quite specific abilities.
- Paper Master
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: He comes in after Kagura's death, plays the same role, does the same things, and even looks and behaves similar. All except having that pesky personal desire of hers to be independent
- Teleporters and Transporters: One of his powers
- Undying Loyalty: The only one of Naraku's detachments shown to be completely loyal to him, and also the only being in the entire series who doesn't completely despise Naraku or try to kill him.