S.G.S Foundation (The Boukengers)
Satoru Akashi / Bouken Red | Actor: Mitsuomi Takahashi
The Fiery Adventurer, as Bouken Red he drives Go Go Dump and leads the team with a calm expression and a fire in his heart. He mostly battles against Ryuuwon of the Jaryuu Tribe. He is often called Chief by the other Boukengers.
- The Ace: Got his reputation for being able to get any treasure anywhere.
- Always Someone Better: Proves this to Masumi, especially towards the finale.
- Blade on a Stick: Bouken Javelin
- Butt-Monkey: Eventually developed a mild case while maintaining his cool persona. An entire episode was dedicated to taking this trope to the extreme, by way of a bad luck curse.
- Catch Phrase
- *snaps fingers* Attack!
- Good job!
- The Comically Serious: You wouldn't believe how funny this serious guy can be.
- Dub Name Change: "Keine" in the Korean dub.
- Finishing Move: Red Zone Crash
- Image Song: The Greatest Precious
- Last-Name Basis: Those who don't refer to him as Chiifu or BoukenRed just call him Akashi.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority
- The Leader
- Married to the Job
- Mr. Exposition
- Not Quite Dead: After seemingly exploding with the Precious Bank, Satoru appears safe on the Dai Voyager in time for the final battle due to Zuuban.
- Oblivious to Love: He has no idea of Sakura's feelings for him.
- Playing with Fire
- Serious Business: Akashi took his 'adventuring' business way too serious. When he got passed for an Adventuring school because of getting his test paper swapped by accident, he ended up in a Corner of Woe.
- Signature Move: Javelin Crash
- Simple Staff: Bouken Bo
- Standardized Leader: A parody of one.
- Swiss Army Weapon: His Bouken Arm has two modes.
Masumi Inou / Bouken Black | Actor: Yasuka Saito
The Fast Adventurer, as Bouken Black he drives Go Go Formula, a racecar-like vehicle, and is only part of the Boukengers to pay his debt back to Akashi for saving his life. He has a personal vendetta against Yaiba of Darkness of Dark Shadow.
- Always Someone Better: Satoru is this to him.
- Big Brother Instinct: He acts as something of a brother figure to Natsuki, his Morality Pet and is very protective of her.
- The Big Guy: As reflected by his weapon, he's the member that relies on physical strength the most.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: As part of his character development, it turned out his treasure was being part of the team.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Spent some time as child around a bunch of abusive workers, and then up using on as as Human Shield when they were Stuffed into the Fridge by Yaiba.
- Drop the Hammer: Radial Hammer
- Dub Name Change: "Ray" in the Korean dub.
- I Owe You My Life: The reason he joined the Boukengers is to repay Satoru.
- Image Song: Black Drive
- Like Brother and Sister: His relationship with Natsuki. They're like a protective older brother and his naive little sister.
- Parental Substitute: To Natsuki, to an extent. He was the one who found her with no memories who she is and ever since then he has taken care of her, acting as something of a father figure to her. Masumi's actor has stated that Masumi sees Natsuki as a little daughter he needs to protect.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Natsuki. Ever since he found her, they go everywhere together, do everything together, and they are like family to each other.
- Revenge: His motive when fighting Yaiba.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Savvy Guy to Natsuki's Energetic Girl.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly Man to Souta's Sensitive Guy.
- Shock and Awe
- Signature Move: Hammer Break and later Hammer Dynamite.
Souta Mogami / Bouken Blue | Actor: Masashi Mikami
The High-Up Adventurer, as Bouken Blue he drives Go Go Gyro, an airplane-like vehicle, and serves as the team's information specialist. Before he joined the Boukengers, he was an international spy which is why he's so effective at finding info. He often finds himself fighting (and flirting with) Shizuka of the Wind of Dark Shadow.
- Blow You Away
- Catch Phrase: Sou sou, soutanote
- The Charmer
- Dub Name Change: "Ryuu" in the Korean dub.
- Evil Knockoff: In Episode 8, a living Precious transforms takes his form and attacks the Boukengers.
- Handsome Lech
- Image Song: Blue for You
- Power Fist: Blow Knuckle
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive Guy to Masumi's Manly Man.
- Signature Move: Knuckle Cannon
- The Smart Guy: The information expert of the team who is in charge of strategies and management of technology.
Natsuki Mamiya / Bouken Yellow | Actress: Chise Nakamura
The Strong Adventurer, as Bouken Yellow she drives Go Go Dozer, a giant bulldozer, and is the most childish of the group. Her main reason to adventure was to discover more about her own past.
- Action Girl
- Amnesiac Hero: She has no memories of her past. She joined the team's adventures to discover her own past.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: When Natsuki touched the Precious, Ley brainwashed her into thinking that her parents' desire and her sacred duty was to activate the Sun of Lemuria and destroy humanity.
- The Chick: The girly girl of the team who is around mainly to be cute and try to make everyone get along.
- Damsel in Distress: She spends most of her time getting herself in trouble and someone of the team, usually Masumi, has to save her.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- The Ditz: Not the smartest member of the time and the one easier to trick.
- Dub Name Change: "Hannah" in the Korean dub.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: The princess of the lost ancient kingdom of Lemuria.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: She loses her Girlish Pigtails when she gets brainwashed in the Lemurian Princess episodes.
- Genki Girl: Very energetic and optimistic.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wears her hair in twintails, to highlight her childish personality.
- Human Popsicle: One hundred-thousand years ago, her parents, knowing their civilization's nearing demise, left Natsuki in a Sleeping Capsule that would slow her growth speed to a rate of 1 year for every 5,000 years. She woke up when Masumi found her in the ruins.
- Image Song: Secret Treasure
- Improbable Weapon User: Bucket Scoopers
- The Ingenue: Very naive, childish and easy to trick.
- Last of Her Kind: It is later revealed that she is the last survivor of the Lemurian civilization.
- Like Brother and Sister: She's basically Masumi's little sister, with him always been there to watch over her and protect her when she gets in trouble.
- Morality Pet: To Masumi. She's the only one who can bring out his softer side.
- The Not-Love Interest: To Masumi. They're very attached to each other, he only brings out his caring and protective side around her and Natsuki is explicitly stated to be "the light to Masumi's darkness". Despite this, they aren't romantically involved. The actors stated in interviews that the characters' relationship was akin to that of parent-child or brother-sister.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Masumi. While not in a romantic relationship, they go everywhere together, do everything together, and since Natsuki has no memory of anything that happened in her life before she met Masumi, he's like the only family she has.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Energetic Girl to Masumi's Savvy Guy.
- Signature Move: Scooper Phantom
- Third-Person Person: She often refers to herself in third person.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Sakura's Tomboy.
- Woman in White: As the Lemurian Princess, she wears a white dress.
Sakura Nishihori / Bouken Pink | Actress: Haruka Suenaga
The Deep Adventurer, as Bouken Pink she drives Go Go Marine, a giant submarine, and is the most serious member of the team when it comes to work. Before she joined the Boukengers she was in the special forces of the military.
- Action Girl: She's smart, strong, and drives a submarine, and that's all in addition to being a ranger.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She has black hair and is very aloof and stand-offish most of the time.
- Catch Phrase: "Use codenames while on a mission." Usually when someone her junior called her with name rather than 'Pink'
- Cherry Blossom Girl: Her name is Sakura, her color is pink, her Image Song is also named Sakura and she has romantic feelings for her leader.
- Cool Big Sis
- Dub Name Change: "Yumi" in the Korean dub.
- Grand Theft Me: By Pacha Kamaq XII in the Juken Sentai Gekiranger crossover movie.
- Hand Cannon: Hydro Shooter
- Image Song: Sakura
- Lady of War
- The Lancer: Being Satoru's second-in-command and her strict, no-smiling personality contrasts with his outgoing, inner-Hot-Blooded personality.
- Making a Splash
- Meaningful Name: She's the Pink Ranger. Her name becomes even more meaningful when you realize her Power Rangers counterpart was named "Rose."
- Not So Stoic: And when she decided to be not stoic, she's screaming. Just ask Eiji how getting her to cry turned out.
- Number Two: Official second-in-command of the team.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- The Runaway: She ran away from her parents and joined a special army school to find her destiny.
- Signature Move: Shooter Hurricane
- The Stoic: Sakura is very serious most of the time and barely ever smiles.
- Subordinate Excuse: To Akashi.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She often appears to be cold and emotionless, but cares for her teammates, especially Akashi.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Natsuki's Girly Girl.
- When She Smiles: It's adorable. Plus, as Satoru said, it's one thing only she possesses, and it becomes her greatest treasure in the end.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of bugs.
Eiji Takaoka / Bouken Silver | Actor: Masayuki DeaiThe Dazzling Adventurer, as Bouken Silver he drives Go Go Fire and serves as the spiritually strongest of the team. He mostly battles against Gai (as either form) due to their bitter history. In Boukenger vs. Super Sentai, he embodies Hope.
- Chrome Champion
- Dub Name Change: "Jackie" in the Korean dub.
- Half-Human Hybrid: His human father, the Ashu Watcher Kando wed with the Ashu Kei, making Eiji half-Ashu.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: He hunts the Ashu Tribe, despite being half-Anshu himself.
- Image Song: Blown by a Silver Wind
- It's Personal: Hunting Ashu is business as usual for him, but has a personal vendetta with Gai on account that he killed his father in front of him when he was a boy.
- Signature Move: Sniper Gatling
- Sixth Ranger: Joins the team much later in the series and gives them a new powerful member.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Sagasniper
- Trademark Favorite Food: He's seen constantly eating vegetables. In the crossover with Gekiranger, he even decides to have a vegetable eating contest with Gou and Ken.
Negative Syndicates (The Villains)
High Priest Gajah of the Gaodom Civilization | Actor: Hiroo OtakaThe priest of a long-dead civilization, who the Boukengers accidentally reawaken in the first episode. Desires to revive his country by conquering the Earth.
- A God Am I After his One-Winged Angel, he boasts to have surpassed Godom
- Big Bad: Eventually, after every other villain gets taken care of.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Large Ham: Boy howdy.
- Laughably Evil: When one of your plans involves stealing from Santa Claus, it's hard not to fall into this.
- Mook Maker: Can spawn his Karths out of any stone.
- Psycho Rangers: During the short segment on Super Sentai examples of this trope, Gajah forms Gajah Dengekitai. Fittingly, Gajah calls himself Big One.
- One-Winged Angel: In the finale as a result of his consuming the Heart of Godom, calling himself Gajadom.
- Orcus on His Throne: Gajah owns no specific Monster of the Week to call upon, and can't really fight on his own, so he usually stays in the background, only striking with well-thought out schemes... Until some of the final arcs
- Photographic Memory: Has one, leading him to create the Godom engines, creating the Questers.
- Super Power Lottery
- Took a Level in Badass: Early episodes, he gets beat up easily each appearance he makes, Ryuuwon once just walked into his lair threatening information of out of him. By the finale, he adds three Godom engines to himself and beats the tar out of Ryuuwon and the Boukengers, and that's before his One-Winged Angel where he gets the Heart of Godom
Creator King Ryuuwon of the Jaryuu Tribe | Actor: Junpei MoritaAn ancient once-human adventurer who transfigured himself into a dragon after being betrayed by his comrades. He despises humanity, and wishes to create a world where only the truly worthy may survive. Often fights against Akashi, due to their similarities.
- Dual Wielding: His two swords.
- The Dragon: Literally. In respect to the trope, though, he's not a straight example (seeing as he works independently), but he's one of the stronger villains in combat, often takes to the battlefield himself and is the next to last villain to bite it.
- Homage: His design is based on Daizyujin from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: His Freudian Excuse.
- Mook Maker: Is able to create his Jaryuu soldiers from samples of his own body.
- Shadow Archetype: Ryuuon represents a darker side of Akashi, an adventurer that was ridiculed and ended up seeking more power for the revenge of his ridicules in the past.
- Social Darwinist: Watch how he creates his Jakuryuu, by making his mooks kill each other and then transforming the winner.
- Super Empowering: Mentioned above.
- Unexplained Recovery: Gets exploded in Task 29, but is back a few episodes later with no reactions.
- Was Once a Man: Used to be a human, and briefly turns back into one before being killed off.
Dark ShadowA group of Japanese-based thieves who are out to make big bucks by stealing Preciouses. Consist of Maboroshi no Gekkou (owl), Kaze no Shizuka and Yami no Yaiba.
- Anti-Villain: They're called Dark Shadow, they're antagonists, but they're the least evil amongst the Negative Syndicate since Gekkou and Shizuka are not interested in causing harm to humanity unlike Gaja, Ryuuon or the Questers, they just want to make a lot of money and can be shown to be friendly to the Boukengers. Except for Yaiba.
- Dual Wielding: Yaiba who can turn his two swords into a Double Weapon and Shizuka with her dual kunai.
- Homage: Gekkou is based on Tsubasamaru, Yaiba on Muteki Shogun, and Shizuka on Kakure Daishogun.
- Ninja: Yaiba and Shizuka
Maboroshi No Gekkou
- Devil in Plain Sight: When the Boukengers actually meet him, justified since they haven't seen or even heard of him prior to that point.
- Make My Monster Grow: Gekkou is the most reliable source of this trope with his 'Oogami Henge no Jutsu.
- One-Winged Angel: During the only time he personally fights the Boukenger, turns into a huge, monstrous bird. However, he didn't do it on his own free will: Yaiba forced him to, and Gekkou was unable to controll himself in his monstrous form.
- Orcus on His Throne
Yami no Yaiba
- Arch-Enemy: Yaiba is this to Masumi.
- Bad Boss: Yaiba is the only member of the Dark Shadow to be an actual villain. Despite being a member of the Dark Shadow, he is the most evil villain in Boukenger.
- The Dragon
- Greater-Scope Villain: Yaiba seems to be this for most of Boukenger, due to the fact that, almost every villain group, are all pawns of his.
- Knight of Cerebus: Yaiba, the first completely serious villain we get in the series.
- Token Evil Teammate: Gekkou and Shizuka can be sympathetic and look like 'just doing their job'. Yaiba is the only straight up villain as he is a darkness-worshipping monster who ends up betraying the whole team for the power of darkness.
Kaze no Shizuka
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Shizuka may be a perky, ditzy Punch-Clock Villain, but on a couple of occasions is perfectly willing to kill innocents for power.
- Genki Girl: A villainous example.
- Kawaiiko: To an even greater extreme than Natsuki.
- Male Gaze: The camera tends to linger on her legs when she's posing as a civilian .
- Ms. Fanservice: In her civilian disguises.
- She's Got Legs: Prefers short skirts when posing as a civilian.
A group of Ashu demons out to make humans suffer and take over the human world. It has a whole army, but only two are in the world: Rei and Gai. They were quickly defeated but came back more powerful and mechanized when Gaja gave them the Godom Engine. They quickly broke out of Gaja's services and worked on their own. They're Eiji's Arch-Enemy.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Gai is a villainous example, combining efficiency, bravado and Troll laugh whenever things go his way.
- Evil Counterpart: They were made into Questers by Gajah using research on the Boukenger's Parallel Engines. Their Quester forms and Swiss Army Weapon also look vaguely Rangerlike. And to top it off, they also use Humongous Mecha during each of their appearance, instead of going for human sized monsters that grow bigger upon defeat.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Gaja revives them with the Godom Engines, but didn't actually come up with a plan to control them.
- Homage: To nearly all the mecha of Gosei Sentai Dairanger. Gai is Ryuuseioh, Rei is Won Tiger, Quester Gai is Dairenoh, Quester Rei is Kiba Daioh, and Hyoga is Daimugen.
- Humongous Mecha: The Quester Robos, most of which were designed specifically to use a particular Precious.
- Knight of Cerebus: Are treated as the biggest threat in the show and tend to be the toughest to fight ironically are the first to die.
- Not Quite Dead: Their apparent status between being killed as Ashu and revived as Questers.
- Offscreen Villain Dark Matter: Where do they keep getting those mecha?
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Rei was trapped in a mirror, along with the rest of the Eastern Ashu, until Gai and Hyouga found a way to bring Rei back.