Important Note: The page locking bug introduced in the 1.8 update has been mostly fixed, however, there are still some recurrences we are working on debugging.
You can get around a spurious page lock by going to https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/wysiwyg_source_editor.php?groupname=Namespace&title=Title. If the page is still locked, it's likely checked out by another troper.
This thread is for requesting edits or unlocks to Locked Pages or for requesting locks. It can also be used for technical requests to moderators such as creating new pages in the Main/ and other restricted namespaces without going through YKTTW.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- If you need to have the capitalization of a page title or namespace of a work fixed, ask here.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread), and Magnificent Bastard (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Also, we do not do direct edits (other than changing wicks) to Magnificent Bastard or Complete Monster example lists. Rather, you need to do the edit to a sandbox page that follows the format Sandbox.Magnificent Bastard<Name of the example subpage> and Sandbox.Monster<Name of the example subpage> (e.g for Monster.Disney it's Sandbox.Monster Disney) and ask for it to be swapped in on Friday for Magnificent Bastard and on Tuesday for Complete Monster.
- Inappropriate pages that keep being recreated, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
NOTE: Edited with OP's permission.
Edited by SeptimusHeap on Sep 26th 2020 at 10:53:00 AM