- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Some Metaguards were bemused, or convinced that an imposter was speaking, when the normally calm and calculating Sicon began to geek out about awesome swords in the chatroom.
- Broken Base: This happened between those who deeply sympathize with the Cabal and those who discount everything sympathy-worthy from them as an attempt to play on the Metaguards' emotions. There was also a bit of a base breaker involving the extent of gambits and manipulating the characters.
- And then Mr. A Appreciation Day temporarily split the tropers with some finding it fun and some finding it annoying.
- Crack Pairing: The Cheshire Cat tried to troll Mr. A by pretending to ship the two of them with each other.
- Crazy Awesome: Fiction bleeding into reality would probably invoke this trope on its own. An entire forum dedicated to said premise and populated by tropers, though, is pretty much a breeding ground for it.
Don Quixote: ...I can't quite explain why, but that new picture makes me feel like I could do the impossible.
- In terms of characters, The Wicked Witch and Don Quixote are candidates. The former summoned a dinosaur through a wormhole and ate it, and the latter stole a police horse and named it Rainbow Dashnote .
- Dryunya, who photoshopped Don Quixote's avatar to include Kamina's shades and tweeted it to him.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Metaguard collaboration of Making Metaguards Out of You (an homage to the song Make a Man Out of You from Mulan) in honour of Don Quixote. (Go on, TRY to stop listening to it.)
- Ear Worm: Making Metaguards Out of You (see above)
- Ending Fatigue: Everyone started to run out of steam by December, with the ARG ending sometime around 21st.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Don Quixote has become much more popular than pretty much any other character, partially due to the above mentioned Crazy Awesome.
- Brad also became rather popular thanks to him helping out Quixote with stopping Deanna and accompanying him for the rest of the time in the hospital and world.
- Fountain of Memes: Scarab, due to strategically placed typos.
- Gender Confusion: Happened so often and with such a wide range of metaguards that it was soon added as one of the rules of the Forum's Drinking Game.
- Ho Yay: Many metaguards felt this was going on in the video featuring Ed and Joe.
- Internet Backdraft: The announcement for the ARG was advertised as "a grave announcement" on This Very Wiki. Given certain changes to the website's policy, many tropers feared a complete shutdown of the wiki... only to find an Alternate Reality Game. Comments about the administrators, their weight, their mothers and their ability to run a wiki were made, only for comments to suddenly require uploader approval. Remember, No Real Life Examples, Please!
- The fact that the advertisement closely resembled a PM notification didn't help matters, although that particular issue was remedied by the following day (and the word "grave" edited out).
- Lawful Evil: The generally accepted interpretation of the Wicked Witch of the West in the ARG.
- Magnificent Bastard: Some of Sicon112's diabolical, foolproof plans have shown him to be this.
- Memetic Badass: Gurt the Lime-Man.
- Memetic Mutation: As above Gurt the Lime-Man and Limes in general.
- From the Coffee Shop: Green Stuff (TM)
- From a typo in the chatroom: BONSUS (instead of bonus. It's more... bonsus than plain old bonus). Later, it came to mean notable typos, and got itself an Opposite-Sex Clone called Bobsus.
- A typo in the chatroom (TRAM instead of TEAM) evolved into the Metaguard Tram, also known as Team Tram. WE ARE ON A TRAM.
- A misinterpretation of "w/e" made some say "with elephants" instead of "Whatever".
- "Speech harder", which is giving a Rousing Speech. Note that "speech" is a verb, and "harder" is a regular adjective, not a comparative one (that is, "speeching even harderer" is entirely valid form).
- #BlameEli and #AdellWasRight have taken on lives of their own on the Metaguards' twitters.
"I'm dead serious. And after all we've been through,I should marry her. She rejected me, but I won't give up."
- Mr. Administrator / Wicked Witch: came to be after the latter's Villainous B.S.O.D., when her nature as Tsundere was brought up again.
- Mr. Administrator / Cinderella: after Cinderella's disappearance, this particular shipping surfaced from a theory that she was sent into the Void Between the Worlds, and Mr. Administrator didn't mention it because he was embarrassed.
- Mr. Administrator / EliGoneCrazy: He continually flirts with her on twitter, to the point that her fellow Metaguards decided that Mr. A has a crush on her. Her profile picture indicates that it may be mutual. This ship is known as Eliministrator.
- Several ships have been made between players, much to their embarrassment/annoyance.
- After the video of their fight, some Metaguards became convinced of Edward x Joe.
- In-game, it looks like the hospital staff were shipping Quixote x Brad. Quixote calling Brad "my hero" repeatedly probably had something to do with it.
- Brad x Qara (This ship has since been sunk.)
- Dryunya x The Timeline which he calls Susie:
Mr. A: EW.
- Jeroic tweeted at Mr. A shipping him and Morgan, even before Moriarty was refictionalized.
- That One Puzzle: The Pheeble Locator puzzle had tropers confused for ages since it first popped up because it was difficult to pin point the coordinates in the compasses that the page gave to each troper who visited it. The website was eventually edited to add distance values for each compass in the coordinates, allowing the puzzle to be finally solved. The coordiantes pointed to locations of Peter Pan statues around the world which were an echo.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Joe's cat video, intentionally.
YMMV / The Wall Will Fall