- Opening Theme
Zeroman is a Canadian Cartoon created by Amberwood Entertainment, and aired on Teletoon in September of 2004.
Leslie "Les" Mutton (voiced by Leslie Nielsen) is a 63-year-old - he'll be 64 in three weeks - mail carrier for the fine people of Fair City who still lives with his mother, Jaundice, much to her chagrin. So, yeah, not the most exciting man in the world.
That is, until a giant flaming O flies through the air!
From there, Les flees to the toilet and takes the poop chute to his lair, becoming Zeroman, sworn protector of the city. With the help of his Mission Control, Ty Cheese (voice of Ryan Reynolds), and his faithful sidekick-still-in-training O Boy, Zeroman takes to the streets, fighting villainy wherever it may rear its head.
The show ran to December of the same year, lasting thirteen episodes.
Zeroman contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Jon Lovitz voices Mayor MacWadd, who bears a strong resemblance to Jay Sherman.
- Alliterative Name: O-Boy's full name is Gary Glengarry.
- There was also one-time villain Dependable Derby Dinkle.
- Big Bad: Rusty Woodenwater, voice of Kevin McDonald, who is Zeroman's archenemy.
- Camp Gay: Ty. He may prefer earth-tone clothes, but plenty of other stereotypes apply.
- Catchphrase: Zeroman has a couple.
- Great Flaming Hole!
- Out, out, and awaaaay!
- Rusty's henchman, Don, occasionally says "Ba-Wango!".
- Celebrity Toons: Starring Leslie Nielsen as a superhero lookalike of himself in this case.
- Clark Kenting: Parodied. Zeroman disguises his secret identity by wearing glasses when wearing his superhero costume
- Companion Cube: The judge in "Disorder In The Court" has a baby-head squeaky toy that he named "Binky". He is VERY attached to Binky.
- Courtroom Episode: "Disorder In The Court" In it, Mayor Todd McWadd is put on trial for the murder of his opponent in the election. It ultimately turned out he was set up by the judge, so the judge could be the next mayor.
- Damsel in Distress: Sally Uberchick, Les Mutton's co-worker and frequent target of Rusty's plan against Zeroman due to the rumours that she's Zeroman's love interest.
- Dirty Cop: Helga, the chief of police of Fair City. She aids Rusty in a scheme of his because of a crush she has on him.
- Elmer Fudd Syndrome: Derby Dinkle and his henchwoman spoke this way.
- Evil Sounds Deep: The Castrato's voice drops multiple octaves once he gets the Zero Suit. Until he gets hit in the crotch with a shoe, resulting in an Instant Soprano.
- Former Child Star: Rusty Woodenwater. He was once the town darling, and even had his own show. That all changed when he hit puberty, though. Now he's an embittered supervillain out to get Zeroman's suit (it was originally designed for Rusty to use).
- Gasshole: Zeroman launches himself through the sky by farting.
- Groin Attack: This is how The Castrato is ultimately defeated.
- I Have No Son!: Rusty's relationship with his mom is actually worse than Leslie's. She renounced him as her son when he got booed off his own show.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Leslie Nielsen as Zeroman, as well as Don Cherry and Ron MacLean, as Don and Ron.
- Kid Sidekick: Gary Glenngarry/O-Boy, a 10-year-old boy millionaire who helps Les/Zeroman.
- Mama's Boy: Leslie STILL lives with his mother at over sixty years of age. He even goes into fetal position muttering "Mommy, mommy, mommy" when she gets kidnapped.
- One-Word Title: Zeroman... That's it.
- Toilet Humor: Les accesses his secret lair through a toilet that scans his butt, and flies as Zeroman by farting.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Zeroman's weakness is anti-static sheets, which mess with his suit's systems.