Flipper and Lopaka is a children's show by Yoram Gross. It follows the adventures of Lopaka- a boy granted the ability to speak with marine animals- on his tribe's island home and the undersea city of Quetzo.
This series includes the following tropes:
- Adults Are Useless: Illoka's people in general are well-meaning but not fighters. Even if they were, they couldn't reach Quetzo.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Kim, the Pirate Girl. In fact, all the island natives go barefoot and half-naked, but Kim is the only outsider not to wear shoes, strongly implying that it is by choice.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: The evil type. Dexter the octopus is proud of his attempts to take over Quetzo and bully its inhabitants.
- Friendly, Playful Dolphin: Lopaka is Flipper's best friend and they go on many adventures together.
- Heroic Dolphin: Flipper, who defends Quetzo in his parents' absence. He met Lopaka while saving him from drowning. After her HeelFace Turn, Ultra also qualifies.
- Lustful Melt: Dexter the octopus did this once, after being seduced by a jellyfish posing as an octopus.
- Pink Means Feminine: The female dolphin Ultra is pink, which visually distinguishes her from Flipper.
- Pirate Girl: Kim, the 18 year old niece of Captain Barnibus Crab. Kim is quite an enthusiastic apprentice pirate and often seems far better at the actual business of piracy than her uncle.
- Ruthless Modern Pirates: The PG-rated modern pirates Captain Barnibus Crab, Kim and Simon are the main bad guys in the third series.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Lopaka is an 11 year old Polynesian boy with the ability to converse with sea creatures.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Lopaka possesses the ability to breathe (and talk) underwater.
- Underwater Ruins: The sunken island of Quetzo.