The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown! is a 2015 direct-to-DVD The Flintstones movie. It is a collaboration between Hanna-Barbera and WWE Studios and is the first Flintstones production since 2001's The Flintstones: On the Rocks. It's a bizarre curiosity that followed off WWE's previous crossover with Scooby-Doo and ushered in Warner Bros adding other HB characters into the dtv line.
In Stone Age SmackDown!, Fred Flintstone is looking for a few days off and a paycheck to take his family on vacation. His search for more clams leads him to inadvertently invent Professional Wrestling. Features a number of stone-age parodies of WWE personalities, all of whom voice their own characters.
Interestingly enough, the movie functions as a prequel of sorts to the WWE and professional wrestling itself.
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Fred's initial wrestling scheme makes plenty of money for the vacation, but he blows it all on bling and hair gel for himself, then rents out the Bedrock Dome for a massive sports entertainment show with himself as the emcee.
- Anachronism Stew: Obvious for The Flintstones, but being made in 2015, there are now computers, tablets, and cellphones capable of playing solitaire, all of which somehow function despite being made of rocks.
- Aside Glance:
- Pebbles gives one to the audience after Wilma notes her "I start worrying" line about her husband.
- John Cenastone does this before he enacts Duck Season, Rabbit Season on Daniel Byrock he does one earlier as Fred Flintstone has an existential crisis about his life on working at the quarry.
- Author Appeal: Vince McMahon seems to have been an important piece to getting this off the ground. As such Warner Bros had been expanding its use of Hanna Barbera properties beside Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry as a result this managed to basically meet two goals in the middle.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Rey Mysteriopal wears a nice blue suit, until Fred tears it up.
- Boxing Kangaroo: Fred's original plan to raise money involves having people fight against Hoppy. Then CM Punkrock got involved...
- The Bus Came Back: Hoppy has returned for a new production after not being seen since the 1970s.
- Comically Missing the Point: Fred takes away The Undertaker's tablet, which pisses The Deadman more than anything. Fred, who is trying to get the wrestlers psyched up for a match, just states "That's more like it!"
- Covers Always Lie: Daniel Bryan is barely in the movie, and he never fights The Undertaker.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Just as Fred is about to tell Wilma he's canceling the vacation, Wilma appears in a bikini.
- Duck Season, Rabbit Season: John Cenastone puts one on Daniel Byrock when John's trying to give Daniel a flyer—he even gives an Aside Glance to the audience before he enacts it.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Fred ripping out Rey Mysteriopal's pants...the camera then drops to reveal he's wearing red shorts. Good thing too, because if not...Rey Mysteriopal: Hey, how did you know I was wearing those [red shorts]?Fred Flintstone: I didn't. Just call it a lucky break.
- Idea Bulb: Fred gets the idea to invent wrestling after people paid clams for Barney's tussle with CM Punk.
- Jerkass: CM Punkrock insults Hoppy, causing the poor guy to tear up before Barney decides to lay the smack-down on him.
- Mythology Gag: John Cenastone suggests that music is his thing, harking back to Cena's Dr. of Thuganomics gimmick and rap album he produced.
- This special continued what had been a trend of the 70s, 80s and 90s Flintstone spinoffs to update the technology of the real world present day into Flintstomes Bamboo Technology despite little time passing in universe.
- Papa Wolf: Barney's interactions with Bamm-Bamm aren't shown, but when CM Punkrock starts abusing Hoppy to serious jeers, Barney loses it and knocks CM Punkrock out with a suicide dive.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Bam-Bam was always this, but here's to put it in perspective: he puts a Metronomic Man Mashing to Mark Henry, whose Red Baron is The World's Strongest Man!
- Punny Name: Most WWE characters have prehistoric pun names. John Cenastone, Marble Henry, CM Punkrock, Daniel Byrrock, Nikki and Brie Boulder, Rey Mysteriopal, and Vince McMagma. The only one who doesn't is The Undertaker.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The Boulder Twins fled when Wilma and Betty were about to give them a smackdown.
- Shout-Out: The Stonebucks logo looks like Squiddly Diddly.
- Super Strength: John Cenastone was capable of lifting and even throwing a stegosaurus over his head.
- Stealth Pun: The Undertaker doesn't have a Punny Name, but what's his Finishing Move? The Tombstone Piledriver.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Barney's reaction on having to fight The Undertaker. Then again, who can blame him?
- Your Size May Vary: Rey Mysterio is billed at 5'3 but he seems to be a head taller than Fred.