Erky Perky is an Australian-Canadian All-CGI Cartoon produced by CCI Entertainment and Ambience Entertainment for Canada's YTV and Australia's Seven Network. The series was created by David Gurney, and it ran for 3 seasons with 78 episodes from 2006 to 2009.
The show stars Erquhart "Erky" Windsor (the blue one) and Percyville "Perky" Rosendahl (the yellow one), two lazy, bickering, dimwitted bugs who used to live on a hot dog cart on the streets of a big city, enjoying their idyllic life and the plentiful food scraps around them. However, one day Erky and Perky are accidentally bundled into a hotdog bag and taken home to a clean and sterile suburban kitchen with very little food scraps to eat. Now Erky and Perky must survive life in this strange new land, adapting to life with the other insect denizens of "the land of Kitchen", trying to find food in this barren and unfamiliar world, and occasionally trying to return to their former home of "Hot Dog Stand" — all with varying degrees of success.
Erky Perky provides examples of:
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Mad Margret has Kitchen intruders fashioned into leather goods.
- Death World: Hot Dog Stand's true nature. The food is plentiful, but the metal floors made it unbearable to walk on in a sunny day, and there's a bug there that's bigger and meaner than Mad Margaret (and less eloquent than Boof).
- Delusions of Eloquence: Stinks tends to talk this way.
- Expository Theme Tune: The theme song explains the entire premise of the show.
- Gasshole: Stinks, who farts almost constantly.
- Large and in Charge: Mad Margret is the biggest bug in kitchen.
- Name and Name: More like Name Name.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Averted, usually the name "Sedusa" is reserved for villains. But Sedusa in this show is sweet and kind and is nothing like her evil aunt.
- Orphaned Punchline: "...so I said 'If you're going to do that with my teeth, we should get married!'"
- Running Gag: Whenever a character says "this stinks" or a word with "stink" in it, or a word that sounds like stink, Stinks appears.
- Unexplained Accent: Despite the show presumably taking place in Australia or Canada (the countries that produced it), the main characters have thick Scottish accents for some reason.