Eckhart is a half-hour animated series presented on Canadian television in 2000 and 2001 (on Teletoon Canada). It was created by David Weale and incorporates some of the sounds and culture of Weale's home province of Prince Edward Island in Canada. Eckhart, the title character, was a mouse who was a character in a children's book by David Weale titled "The True Meaning of Crumbfest" which was also a Christmas special program on television. Approximately 39 episodes of the program were produced (although it is quite hard to find the last 13 episodes.) It also was packaged for sale as a retail DVD product. The program was broadcast in 25 countries around the world.
- 0% Approval Rating: Boss Mouse, the mayor of the mouse community on Prince Edward Island, who is greedy and corrupt and is generally disliked by the characters.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Eckhart and family, along with nearly all of the other animal characters.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Some of the supporting mouse and rat characters.
- Karma Houdini: Chauncey on more than a few occasions seems to escape any repercussions other than just being vaguely spurned by the people in the village, who mostly outnumber him and are joined by a bird no less than twice his size eventually. Note, his exploits include having Eckhart shanghai'd to keep up the illusion that he can foretell the future using a old fashioned key, and also trying to bludgeon the boy when he turns up and gives Chauncey a veiled insult. By the time of the Christmas special, Chauncey is last seen running out of sight claiming that the village mice haven't heard the last of him only for the next sound to be heard is the local cat getting him meaning his status as a Karma Houdini ultimately ended.
- Limited Wardrobe: Many of the characters have very limited clothing. Only a few of the animal characters have actual clothing.
- Mouse World: The characters live in a mouse colony on Prince Edward Island.
- Nice Hat: Bridgid's newsie cap.