Eve is a Science Fiction show that airs on CBBC (UK) and ABC (Australia).
Will Clarke discovers his father has been instructed to destroy "Project Eternity" to prevent the technology being used for military purposes.When he learns that that the first test subject is a realistic android, he decides that it's inhumane to treat her as a machine to be decommissioned and decides to activate her instead.
Now that Eve has been activated, Will and his father have no choice but to take her home and pretend she is his "cousin from America", in order to keep the local corporate weapons designer and anyone else who might misuse the technology from learning the truth about her.
The first episode was broadcast on 5th January 2015 with the last episode of Season Two being broadcast on 21 Mar 2016.
Eve exhibits these tropes:
- Accidental Athlete: When Will's friend unintentionally throws a soccer ball towards the fish tank in the Clarke home, Eve leaps to catch the ball. Will immediately takes advantage of this by teaching her how to be a goalie and drafting her for his local soccer team.
- Adam and/or Eve: Eve is the first android created by Project Eternity. In the finale of Season One her male counterpart Adam is created and activated.
- Artificial Family Member: Shortly after being brought home by the Clarkes, Eve is identified as "Will's American cousin", although her role is more like that of a sister/daughter.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Eve can copy physical actions just by observing them once and in many cases, mimic the actions while learning them. She also analyses images and photos to record them for future reference, storing them in an internal database to be recalled or recreated later. She can also calculate the trajectories of moving objects and the paths they will travel.
- Embarrassing First Name: Mr Bevan's actual name is Devon Bevan.
- Emotionless Girl: Eve starts out this way. Subverted by the fact that she does have emotions, she just had to learn how to use them.
- Fantastic Racism: When Mr Bevan refers to Eve as a robot and is challenged by Will, he is puzzled because Eve just identified herself as a robot. Will states that it's okay for Eve to say it, but not anyone else.
- Foreshadowing: When Will, Lily and Nick keep colliding with a random bystander, in the very next episode, he is revealed to be Zack, a potential love interest for Eve.
- Girl Next Door: Lily. Well, girl across the street anyway.
- Oh, Crap!: Eve initially finds the fact that Abe locked Bevan in the basement (again) incredibly hilarious, until she remembers much trouble resulted from the first time this happened. Cue the appropriate shocked reaction.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When Eve is affected by Protocol Zero, her eyes turn red. The Spiderbots eyes also change color from blue to red. Partially subverted because the red color does not necessarily imply hostile intent, it's also a visual indicator the artificial lifeform in question is writing data to their internal data storage device.
- Robot Girl: Technically, Android Girl.
- Secret Keeper: Lily and Abe for Eve.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Mr Bevan, mostly for Eve, but sometimes for Will.
- You Didn't Ask: When Eve regains control of her disconnected right hand moments before Will and Lily detonate an improvised bomb to open the saferoom door, this is her response when Lily asks why didn't she tell them her hand had moved back into transmission range.