Death is final and cannot be changed, not even by gods.
The god of death accidentally took the life of Andrew Perkasin before it was his time to go, in an attempt to compensate Death asks Era and Aeon, two lesser time gods, to go back in time to warn Andrew of his fate and give him a second chance at living his life so that he may live it with as much fulfillment as possible before his untimely encounter with death.
Andrew must now try to meet his life goals before he dies, while balancing school, family, his social life, a relationship and living alongside gods.
This show provides examples of:
- Action Girl:
- All the female gods seem to be able to fight, but Bast turns out to be the strongest out of all the gods hanging around Andrew.
- The three sisters of Fate definitely qualify.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Era treats New Aeon this way while they are posing as Andrew's cousins. Andrew seems to consider both of them to be something like this, but his relationship with Alissa, his actual sister, is more of a downplayed version.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Most of the gods qualify, some more than others.
- Bi the Way: Andrew. Fans have joked that this may or may not be what his future self is trying to tell him via his visions of the future.
- Dreaming of Times Gone By: Zig-zagged. Andrew has visions of a future that already happened, but hopefully won't.
- Drowning My Sorrows: It's downright stated that Future!Andrew did this... And more... What exactly happened to him is still a mystery.
- Dual Age Modes: Era and Aeon can do this. They usually look like adults, but for Andrew's sake they stick to around ten-years old.
- Dual Wielding: Aeon and Era fight with two... oversized, sharpened clock hands... each.
- Enemies with Death: Andrew is enemies with Fate rather than death, although he's really, really scared of the Grim Reapers in general.
- The Grim Reaper: Abaddon and her children.
- Has Two Mommies: Lorelei. She's adopted.
- Literal-Minded: New Aeon. It's actually Justified in his case...Andrew: You're shitting me.Aeon: beat What does it mean when it's not literal?
- Mama Bear: Abaddon. Even if she's only posing as Osiris' mother, she's extremely protective of him.
- Missing Mom: Andrew's mother died when he was small.
- No-Sell: Realm-born humans are completely unaffected by any god's powers, except Abaddon's. Thus, time was not reversed for them.
- Pals with Jesus: Andrew has the Anthropomorphic Personification of the Past and the Future posing as his little cousins, and that's only the beginning.
- Physical God: Gods.
- Scars Are Forever: Future!Andrew had a lot of scars, but ultimately it's averted, since time was turned back. Still played straight in that fourteen-years-old Andrew does have a few scars that were still there twenty-three years later.
- Stalker Without a Crush:
- The gods guarding Andrew have to be this.
- Chimera (and the sovereign), as they try to figure out who Andrew is, and why time was reverted back twenty-three years.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: See Dreaming of Times Gone By above.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Quite a few gods can do this. Osiris' family is particularly prone to this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: A number of characters. Andrew's blue and Lorelei's red are explicitly said to be dyed.
- Your Days Are Numbered:
- Andrew has twenty-three years to live before Death inevitably kills him.
- Everyone else who has the mark of Death will die within that timeframe no matter how the timeline changes.