New School Kids is a webcomic about two elementary school friends and some of their classmates. Allegedly meant to update Mondays or Fridays, but very frequently has Schedule Slip issues.
It stars two childhood friends, Frank and Trevor. Occasionally stars the Butt-Monkey Lily, along with other children from the neighborhood.
Read it here.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Alt Text
- April Fools' Day: Both a specific comic for April Fools' Day and a prank on the rest of the comics
- Amusing Injuries
- Art Shift: Usually just for a panel at a time, but sometimes a whole comic.
- Author Avatar: Frank and Trevor are loosely based on the artist and writer, in both design and character.
- Butt-Monkey: The only reason Lily is around, really.
- Calvinball: Trevopoly
- Christmas Special
- Clint Squint
- Conversational Troping: Often invoked in the titles or news accompanying comics.
- Cyborg: Deadbolt
- Dirty Communists
- Distaff Counterpart
- Dodgeball Is Hell
- The Faceless: Adults.
- Flipping the Table: After a bad game of "Trevopoly."
- Fourth-Wall Mail Slot
- Gender-Blender Name: Lily.
- Gone Horribly Right: Lily's "accident."
- Gone Horribly Wrong: The potato battery experiment.
- Hilarity Ensues: The missing part of the Hijinks comic.
- In Case of X, Break Glass
- Inherently Funny Words: "Pants," for the April Fools' Day prank.
- Imagine Spot
- Jetpack: In the Christmas Special, no less.
- Lethal Chef: Exploding Mac & Cheese. And how do you start eggshells on fire?!
- Little "No": "Uno."
- Mr. Imagination: Tends to happen regarding Johnny Keyfeet and Deadbolt.
- No Name Given: The girls.
- Oddly Named Sequel 2: Electric Boogaloo: Johnny Keyfeet II: The Keyfeeting.
- Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies: Subverted in the Dungeons & Dragons comic.
- Schedule Slip: Ever since the artist had a kid.
- Shout-Out: Quite a few:
- Visual Pun: The thumb war
- Younger Than They Look: Lily. It's hormonal.