In the seventies, the noble houses of the Sidhe have just returned from Arcadia to the mortal world; and their leaders are intent on reinstating their former authority as the rightful leaders of the kiths. Understandably, this doesn't sit all that well with the power structures the commoners have built since the vast majority of the radiant host left the earth.
Dame Garnet ni Fiona is discovering the perks of being a changeling. She is new to the world, has just invaded someone else's body and must deal with being a modernist sidhe surrounded by traditionalists. She befriends a bunch of commoners while the sidhe start using brute force to earn their love and respect.
As everything Changeling-related, by definition it needs more love.
It also needs wiki magic love.
Chrysalis provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Garnet beats a manticore on her own. Well, with a little of Quicksilver help.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Implied in a cover.
- Ambiguous Gender: Ravine.
- All Trolls Are Different: Inherited from the parent RPG.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Lady Ash
- Bald of Awesome: Yvonne
- Battle Aura: Kind of. This time, the aura is caused by Quicksilver, which accelerates the objetive making it blurry. And pretty damn fast.
- Beast Old Lady: Yvonne, as with all Pooka. Yvonne in particular is turtle-like.
- Betty and Veronica: Declan being Betty and Ash Veronica to Garnet.
- Berserk Button: Don't go around breaking Henry's masterpieces.
- Big Brother Instinct: Although they are not related by blood, Declan has this for Violet.
- Big Little Sister: They are matched now, but Violet being a troll will make her a very Big Little Sister in a few years.
- Bigger on the Inside: Palm-tree Leaf.
- Bi the Way: This is a Changeling story. Of course everybody is bi... or at least was in another life.
- Blood Knight: One the Redcap hats.
- Combat Parkour: Garnet fighting the manticore. It doesn't make her invincible, just cool.
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: The greaser bikers want to get rid of the nobles. Are there cooler people than greasers?
- Crystal Spires and Togas: What the sidhe prefer.
- Driven to Suicide: Henry.
- During the War: The comic tells the story of the Accordance War.
- Eldritch Location: Palm-tree Leaf, and ALL of the Dreaming.
- Ethical Slut: Garnet, as any Seelie Fiona should be.
- Extreme Omnivore, type 2: Barnaby, befitting a Redcap.
- Forgiveness: Barnaby refrained from beating Declan up after being betrayed by him because of The Power of Friendship
- Feminist Fantasy: The authors explicitly said it.
- Grand Theft Me: The overwhelming majority of the Sidhe.
- Hair-Contrast Duo: Garnet and Ash - red and black.
- Happily Married: Lord Garrick and Lady Kayin. Wordof God confirms what it appeared to be.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Violet, on account of being a childing troll.
- Intimate Psychotherapy: Downplayed. Garnet sleeps with Ash to feel better about the sidhe killing the redcap, but she's just sad, not depressed.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Barnaby is pretty much established as one, so far.
- Knight Templar: One of the Sidhe hats.
- Odd Friendship: Declan and Barnaby. The redcap might be a jerk, but he is Declan's jerk friend.
- One Head Taller: Ash to Garnet.
- Reasonable Authority Figure, doubly subverted: Yvonne. She doesn't sound reasonable at all, but the net results of the trope are still in effect.
- Garnet and Ash do what they can to be this in their efforts to avert the conflict between nobles and commoners, but the rest of the sidhe just dismiss their suggestions.
- Slobs vs. Snobs: The political situation. Stylish snobs and stylish slobs.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Lacey, a petite nocker, has a knack for blowing things up with bazookas.
- Translator Buddy: Yvonne's aide/co-ruler (not clear), a grumpy Nocker.
- Trickster Mentor: Yvonne. The trickster part comes with the territory with Pooka.