Metal Family is a series of animated shorts about a Russian Family, consisting of Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy dad Sebastian "Glam", biker wife Victoria, and their children, the Deadpan Snarker "Dee", and Heavy. The series follows the family's creative ways of dealing with everyday problems in a slice-of-life manner.
The series is Russian, but gets English subtitles applied sometime after the episode's release on YouTube, under a channel of the same name. Its pilot episode/music video "The Story isn't Over" (sung by a German band) has been surfing around the web for a while.
- Abusive Parents: Glam grew up with his father, who would beat him on the wrist with a ruler for anything.
- Accidental Misnaming: Glam is misnamed 'Glen', by one of Heavy's teachers in the first episode.
- Book-Ends: Episode 1 features Twisted Sister's "We're not gonna take it", episode 9 ends with Glam playing the same song on a vinyl he got from Che making it the first metal song he ever heard.
- Born Lucky: Che. If winning at cards without ever checking them wasn't enough proof, he managed to get the highest score at the entrance to music academy, while it's implied he had no formal training at all.
- Couch Gag: The title card is done by a key-holder the family uses. The family members who are in the episode will already have put their keys on their hooks, with the focus character just hanging his up.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Glam's office the first episode is covered in the stuff from a glitter bomb, that he later uses at Heavy's school, as payback for them cutting the boys hair.
- Mistaken Identity: Glam's sister looks so like him, Vicky mistakes her for Glam in drag. When realizing her mistake, the sister simply says, "I get it".
- The Unfavorite: Glam was one - his parents always treated him as second best to his sister, even when he got better results at music school entry exams
- Unrequited Love: Glam gets constantly snubbed by Vicky, who thinks he's trying to give her something as a way of hitting on her. While he doesn't give up and is clearly in love with her, he was just trying to return her bike keys.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: Downplayed; when Vicky reacts violently to come people insulting her, Dee calmly watches from the side.