- Absentee Actor: Downplayed in that while Robin Atkin Downes, Grey DeLisle-Griffin, and Emily O'Brien voiced characters in the duology, the films also has a bad habit of crediting them as the voice of characters who don't appear.
- Downes was first credited as Shinnok's voice actor in Scorpion's Revenge. Granted, RAD did voice Shinnok in Battle of the Realms and he was also Kano in the first film, but Shinnok was The Ghost in Scorpion's Revenge.
- Battle of the Realms had a double dose:
- In addition to returning as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi in Battle of the Realms, Grey DeLisle-Griffin was also credited as the voice of Mileena. Granted, as Mileena is a clone of Kitana, it'd make sense for them to share a voice actress, but Mileena doesn't appear — and unlike Shinnok, she isn't even The Ghost, though whoever made the credits could've also mistaken Li Mei for Mileena.
- Likewise, Emily O'Brien was credited as voicing Skarlet in addition to Jade and Lin Kang — and like Mileena, Skarlet isn't so much as mentioned, much less seen.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: The first actors credited are Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade and Joel McHale as Johnny Cage.
- Full Circle Portraying: Fred Tatasciore, who voices Shao Kahn, is the second Megatron voice actor to voice Shao Kahn, the first being G1 Megatron, himself, Frank Welker in Mortal Kombat: The Movie.
- The Original Darrin: After Scorpion was recast with Ron Yuan for Mortal Kombat 11, this duology marks the return of Patrick Seitz to the role.
- The Other Darrin: With the exceptions of the aforementioned Seitz as Scorpion, Matthew Mercer as Kurtis Stryker, Dave B. Mitchell as Sektor, Steve Blum as the Bi-Han Sub-Zero (technically, as some of the Mirror Matches in MK11 and Injustice 2 sees the other Sub-Zero Kuai Liang fights be Bi-Han), and Grey DeLisle-Griffin as Kitana (also technically, as she's recorded in-game voice work for Mortal Kombat Xnote ), none of the actor from the games reprise their roles.
- As mentioned above Joel McHale replaces Andrew Bowen as Johnny Cage and Jennifer Carpenter replaces Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade. In addition to returning as Stryker, Matthew Mercer also replaces Bowen as Smoke.
- Jordan Rodrigues replaces Matthew Yang King as Liu Kang.
- In addition to returning as Sektor, Dave B. Mitchell replaces Richard Epcar as Raiden and Rhassan Orange as Kintaro.
- Robin Atkin Downes replaces JB Blanc as Kano, Troy Baker as Shinnok, and David Beron as Kitaro.
- Kevin Michael Richardson replaces Vic Chao as Goro. Granted, Richardson did voice Goro in Mortal Kombat: The Movie, but he never voiced the character in the games.
- Artt Butler replaces Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung and Ike Amadi as Cryax. Fred Tatasciore, who voiced Termor and Torr in Mortal Kombat X, also replaces Amadi as Shao Kahn.
- Darin De Paul replaces Roland M. Banks as Quan Chi.
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin replaces Tara Strong as Li Mei. Also, despite the character not appearing, she's credited in the role of Mileena, last voiced in 11 by Kari Wahlgren.
- Emily O'Brien replaces Mela Lee as Jade. Much like DeLisle as Mileena, O'Brien was also credited for Skarlet, last voiced by Beata Poźniak in 11, despite the fact that Skarlet likewise doesn't appear.
- Bayardo De Murguia replaces Steve Blum as Kuai Liang.
- Paul Nakauchi replaces Michael Garvey as the Lin Kuei Grandmaster.
- Debra Wilson replaces Kelly Hu as D'Vorah.
- Matthew Yang King and Ike Amadi find themselves on both ends of this, not only being replaced, but doing the replacing themselves with King replacing Sunil Malhotra as Kung Lao and Amadi replacing William Stephens as Jax Briggs.
- Role Reprise:
- As mentioned above, from the games, there's Patrick Seitz as Scorpion, Matthew Mercer as Kurtis Stryker, Dave B. Mitchell as Sektor, and technically Steve Blum as the Bi-Han Sub-Zero and Grey DeLisle-Griffin as Kitana.
- Kevin Michael Richardson returns as Goro from Mortal Kombat: The Movie.
- The Ascended Meme Logo Joke in Battle of the Realms sees Matthew Lillard reprise his Scooby-Doo role as Shaggy.
Trivia / Mortal Kombat Legends