- Who is Darin De Paul? Just a man of no consequences~
Darin De Paul is a voice actor from New York, mostly known for his work in video games. After a handful of roles in games such as Sky Landers and Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, he got quite a bit of attention for his memorable performances as Emperor Valkorion in Star Wars: The Old Republic and Samuel Hayden in Doom (2016). However, it was his role as Reinhardt in Overwatch that truly shot him to fame and made him a household name for videogame fans. And despite his name, he's never darrined anyone. Well, he was the third voice of Anub'arak.
- Ardyn Izunia in Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
- Dr. Babylon in Agents of Mayhem
- Duma in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (credited as Grebory Zardon)
- Emperor Calus in Destiny 2
- Emperor Valkorion in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Gallywix, Jergosh, and Shadowlord Slaghammer in World of Warcraft
- Gill Grunt in Skylanders
- Melchior Mayvin in Tales of Berseria
- Reinhardt in Overwatch
- Rend Blackhand, Grim Patron in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Dr. Samuel Hayden in Doom (2016)
- Terminal α and Terminal β in NieR: Automata
- The Warlock in the XCOM 2 expansion, War of the Chosen
Tropes associated with Darin De Paul's voice work
- Badass Baritone: Most of his roles have deep voices.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Especially as Valkorion.
- Guttural Growler: As Reinhardt and Samuel Hayden.
- Large Ham: Most of his roles are generally fairly subdued, but Reinhardt proves that when he gets going, he can ham it up like no one else.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: A fair amount of Mr. De Paul's characters usually tend to be quite villainous (Valkorion, Ardyn, the Terminals), or at least rather shady (Samuel Hayden); the man himself, however, is always happy to meet and interact with his fans, be it at cons/other such special events or on social media.
- One of Us: He's an avowed videogame player, and regularly goes to cons - and not only to meet his fans.
- Playing Against Type: