As the continuation of Psychonauts, Raz will finally get to go to Psychonauts headquarters — his lifelong dream. There he can see Sasha and Milla in their natural environment — international espionage. But he finds several things strange about the organization. While Truman Zanotto was missing, several changes to the direction of the organization were made by his second in command. Funding was cut from traditional psychic research and peacekeeping and redirected to unorthodox, fringe endeavors, including the discredited practice of necromancy.
Raz soon uncovers sinister things at work in the shadows of Psychonauts headquarters, including double agents and evils of the past. Raz's own family history plays a pivotal part in the story, and Raz must confront the roots of the curse placed on his family once and for all. And also deal with this whole "girlfriend" term and what it really means.
Recently got a new trailer with Agent Cruller making a return.
This game provides examples of:
- Crazy-Prepared: Whoever the new antagonist is, they've got all their physical bases covered. Hence the need for an equally crazy team of psychic-powered spies.Private: General! We've located the base where they're holding the hostages, sir!
General: Excellent. Mobilize the ground troops we have on standby.
Private: Sir! The base is on an island, thirty miles off-shore!
General: Then you'd better get the Admiral on the phone.
Private: The surrounding waters are heavily mined for miles, sir!
General: Then send in the air force!
Private: Sir! The airspace around the island is patrolled by dirty-bomb drones, which are telepathically controlled by a comatose young girl who believes she is herding sheep, sir!
General: ... Then send in... The Psychonauts!
- Necromancer: One of the Psychonauts's new organization is practise of this previously discredited method.
- Punny Name: The Psychonaut Headquarters is called The Motherlobe, Raz actually lampshades how the Psychonauts really like puns.
- Relationship Upgrade: According to Word of God, part of the game will be Raz dealing with his new relationship with Lili.
- Shattered World: We get a brief glimpse into Agent Cruller's mind during the trailer. As Cruller himself says, some minds are too dangerous to read.
- Government Conspiracy: Raz discovers "sinister things at work in the shadows of Psychonauts headquarters, including double agents and evils of the past."