David Wenham (born 21 September 1965) is a prolific Australian actor who has appeared in movies, television series and theatre productions.
He rose to fame in his native Australia for his role as Diver Dan in Sea Change. Internationally, he is known for his roles as Faramir in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, Carl in Van Helsing, Dilios in 300 and its sequel 300: Rise of an Empire, Neil Fletcher in Australia and Lieutenant John Scarfield in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
He's been with his partner Kate Agnew since 1994 and they have two children. Also, his nickname is Daisy.
- Dark City
- Moulin Rouge!
- The Lord of the Rings
- The Two Towers
- The Return of the King
- The Unfinished Spelling Errors of Bolkien
- Van Helsing
- The Proposition
- Public Enemies
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
- 300: Rise of an Empire
- Blinky Bill The Movie
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Fake Nationality: Almost all of his international known roles are non-Australian.
- Narrator: For 300 and Deadliest Warrior.
- Shakespearian Actors: He was appeared on Hamlet and The Tempest and is a noteworthy actor (both stage and screen) in his home country.