Pierre David Guetta (born November 7th 1967) is a French house music producer and DJ who specializes in electronic music. Originally a house DJ, he got into the music industry when he co-founded Gum Productions in 2001. It wasn't until 2009 he became a hit worldwide. He is now a sought-after music producer.
- Just a Little More Love (2002)
- Guetta Blaster (2004)
- Pop Life (2007)
- One Love (2009)
- Nothing but the Beat (2011) (Double-disc album; one side electronic, other side featuring vocals).
- Nothing but the Beat 2.0 (2012)
- Listen (2014)
- 7 (2018)
Provides examples of:
- Auto-Tune: Used in "Turn Me On" (featuring Nicki Minaj) and heavily in "Who's That Chick?" (featuring Rihanna). To great effect in both.
- Bald Women: Most of the female dolls in the music video of "Turn Me On".
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Applied to the dolls in the music video of "Turn Me On".
- Bowdlerize: Apart from "Sexy Bitch" becoming "Sexy Chick", the Snoop Dogg collaboration "Wet" ("I just wanna make you wet!") became "Sweat".
- Concept Video: "Titanium" is about a kid (played by Carey of Super 8) who discovers Mind over Matter powers and is hunted for it.
- Epic Fail: Akon tries to find the words to describe this girl without coming across as disrespectful...and ends up spouting the phrase, "Damn, you're a sexy bitch!".
- To make it worse, a previous line says she's not "nothing you can compare to your neighbourhood 'ho".
- Fanservice: At the start and end of the "She Wolf (Falling To Pieces)" video, we see a naked woman with her back to the camera.
- Intentionally Awkward Title: "Sexy Bitch" (featuring Akon). The radio version is "Sexy Chick".
- From 2003 to 2013, he had a series of annual house music compilation albums called Fuck Me, I'm Famous.
- Sampling: He is extremely very fond of sampling, being as he's a DJ and all. Trying to list all of the songs he's sampled would take us way too long. If you want to know how many people he's sampled, the WhoSampled website has you covered.
- Follow the Leader: Thanks to "When Love Takes Over" he's been credited with popularizing the modern EDM sound
- Self Empowerment Anthem: Titanium
- Sound-Effect Bleep: In the clean version of "Where Them Girls At", in the form of a soccer whistle during Nicki Minaj's verse.
- Spin the Earth Backwards: Shown in the music video for "Little Bad Girl" (featuring Taio Cruz and Ludacris).
- Steampunk: Featured in the music video of "Turn Me On".
- Wolverine Publicity: Compared to most other DJs, except maybe Calvin Harris and Avicii.
- Your Cheating Heart: She-Wolf, sung by Sia.