At a literature club in high school, as a means of ending some tension, the club members are asked what was one thing they wanted to do before they died. One girl, Niina Sugawara, bluntly states that she wanted to experience sex. As such, this starts the girls' journey through the awkward stage of adulthood.
Also known as O Maidens in Your Savage Season, the manga was written by Mari Okada (she also scripted and helped direct the anime) and distributed by the Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine in December 2016 and had recently been granted an anime series that began on July 5th and is distributed by Lay-duce on the Animeism programming block.
The manga provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Kazusa catches her childhood friend Izumi in the act when she was told to give him a take out box of food her mother made.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Izumi is caught with his pants down when he was pleasuring himself.
- Childhood Friends: Izumi and Kazusa. Some of Kazusa's emotional conflict comes from her being torn between wanting a Childhood Friend Romance and being terrified of sex.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: The entire cast is at the age where hormones start acting up, and the point of the series is exploring how each of them deal with it. Thus, this trope is played with a lot, as each girl is a different example.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Izumi offers this as a solution to Kazusa in the first episode, but she races out before she could respond to it.
- Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality: Kazusa is the epitome of this trope. Anything that reminds her of sex leaves her embarrassed out of her mind.
- Rail Enthusiast: Izumi. He reads Train Tables for entertainment. He has posters of trains in his room. When Kazusa walks in on his private moment, he's listening to a song titled "Train Train" and watching a subgenre of porn about girls getting molested while on a subway train. He's got it bad.
- Really Gets Around: Many of the main girls' female classmates boast about their conquests. (though probably some of it is just boasting to seem like it.)
- Wham Shot: Played for Laughs. When Kazusa finds Izumi masturbating in his room, she acts like her entire world has turned upside down. Of course, her overreacting to what should be just an awkward situation is the point of the scene.