(Help!) Not just anybody
(Help!) You know I need someone
An index of tropes about characters helping or giving advice to each other.
- Androcles' Lion: If you help out a creature, then it'll help you.
- Assist Character: A video game character who only appears to help the player.
- Beleaguered Assistant: One who'd rather not be there, but has to help out anyway.
- The Caretaker: A character who helps those who cannot help themselves.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Some heroes have a reflexive compulsion to help.
- Defusing the Tyke-Bomb: A character tries to get through to a messed-up kid who's used as a weapon.
- Dudley Do-Right Stops to Help: The hero stops to help bystanders, potentially interfering with his mission.
- Encouraged Regifting: A character helps someone else find the right gift by giving them a present for someone else.
- Enemy Mine: Mortal enemies help one another achieve a common goal.
- "Everybody Helps Out" Denouement: All the characters in the story come together at the end to help people out.
- Good Samaritan: A person who helps whenever they see someone needing it.
- Handy Helper: A character helps a disabled character.
- Helping Another Save Face: Someone helps save another person from embarrassment
- Honest Advisor: One who gives honest advice.
- Intimate Healing: Sometimes "help" requires a, *ahem*, personal touch.
- Intimate Lotion Application: Applying lotion on another character as a way to create sexual tension, romantic intimacy, awkwardness, or humor.
- The Jeeves: A valet or butler to another character who frequently helps them with daily activities.
- Lovely Assistant: An attractive young woman who assists the performer.
- Mr. Exposition: They're always there when you need an explanation.
- Native Guide: A local who serves as a guide for outsiders.
- Parody Assistance: The original creator helps in the creation of a parody.
- Quiet Cry for Help: Subtly asking somebody for help.
- Random Passerby Advice: A random passerby offers advice.
- Supporting the Monster Loved One: A character helps their monstrous loved-one, often out of compassion.
- We Help the Helpless: The heroes are tasked with helping others.
- Wounded Hero, Weaker Helper: A normal character helps a Badass in Distress.
Sometimes the character being helped is better off without it, or the help is given with malicious intent...
- Advice Backfire: Trying to help someone with advice only makes things worse.
- Annoying Video Game Helper: The character helping you play the game starts to get annoying.
- Anti-Advice: It's best to do the opposite of what this person tells you to do.
- Bad Samaritan: It turns out that the person helping you has ulterior motives.
- Helping Would Be Killstealing: Helping somebody would deprive them from a learning opportunity.
- Treacherous Advisor: The hero's source of advice and support turns out to be evil.
- Unwanted Assistance: Attempts to help only make things worse.
- Villainous Advice Song: A song the villain sings to trick others into helping him out.
- Virtual Assistant Blunder: You try to get help from your smart device, but it doesn't quite work out.