Nor will it ever exist.
This index page (which does not exist), is about everything non-existent. Beyond the veil of our perceived reality lies the great void of non-existence. Largely, it is science fiction that employs these tropes, as it is a common and popular theme is to bring into question whether or not our reality is really real.
Non-existence or 'nothing' can be used as a force in its own right, to build suspense, drama or used as a break from material things such as bright colors or loud noises. Negative Space or a vacuum is a good narrative tool for painting the boundaries for situations or to isolate worlds or characters. Things that don't exist can major points of interest in many genres and mediums.
These tropes do not exist:
- Cessation of Existence: The idea that there is no afterlife and once a person dies, that's it.
- No Ontological Inertia: Destroying the being that has caused destruction causes the damages they've done to disappear.
- The Nothing After Death: The afterlife is nothing but an empty void.
- Nothing Is Scarier: Sometimes not knowing what something looks like is scarier than actually seeing it.
- Ontological Mystery
- Power of the Void
- Ret Gone: Someone is erased from existence alongside all evidence and memory of their existence.
- The Treachery of Images
- Unperson: All evidence and records of a person's existence are eliminated or revised to make it seem as if they never did exist.
- Void Between the Worlds: A realm of complete and empty nothingness.