The series follows the adventures of one Timmy Turner, a kid who's parents are... unattentive to say the least, to which the poor boy has to not only put up with their neglect but a lot of misfortune. One day while suffering under a cruel babysitter named Vicky, two fairy Godparents, Cosmo and Wanda, who happen to also be married, enter into his life and allow him access to their magic via wishes to get even with Vicky. What follows afterwards is many misadventures where, more often then not, Timmy's wishes tend to spiral out of control and his efforts to fix them and hopefully learn some lessons along the way.
The series began life in 1998 as one of the shorts on Oh Yeah! Cartoons, Nickelodeon's anthology cartoon show. After positive reception to the pilot, the series gained 10 more shorts on the program until eventually Nickelodeon greenlit it as it's own series which premiered in 2001 where it soon become one of the network's more popular shows, often times even rivaling fellow Nick series, Spongebob Squarepants. The series ran a whopping 10 seasons through an 17 year run before finally, if rather unceremoniously, ending in 2017 when Butch Hartman left the company to go back to work at Cartoon Network and deciding to end all programs he was producing (Which at the time was this series and Bunsen Is a Beast).
- The Fairly OddParents! (2001-2017), the main TV series.
Made for TV Movies
- Abra Catastrophe (2003), the first made for TV movie. A magical muffin that gives rule free wishes is given to Timmy for his Fairyversary. But doesn't take long to fall into the wrong hands
- Channel Chasers (2004), the second made for TV movie. Fed up with his parents never believing him about about Vicky, Timmy runs away into the TV world.
- School's Out! The Musical (2005), the third made for TV movie. A musical where Timmy decides he's tried of adults telling him what to do and wishes kids being in charge of the world. But this plays into the nefarious plot of the Pixies.
- Fairy Idol (2006), the fourth made for TV Movie. Norm the Genie, a previous antagonist in the show, finds out of a way to become a fairy if one gives up their post. Thus he tricks Cosmo and Wanda into quitting being Timmy's fairies and prompting a musical talent contest. Timmy finds out and tries to stop him.
- Fairly Oddbaby (2008): Fifth movie in which Cosmo and Wanda give birth to their son, Poof.
- Wishology (2009), three movies with one hour of length each being the sixth, seventh and eighth respectively. A trilogy of films where Timmy finds out he's the "Chosen One" and must stop a threat known simply as the Darkness.
- Timmy's Secret Wish (2011): Ninth and final movie. Timmy has reached his millionth wish but it's soon revealed he made a secret one to stop people from aging. Naturally this gets him into trouble with not only the fairy council, but Father Time himself.
- The Jimmy Timmy Power Hour (2004-2006), a trilogy of hour-long specials, crossover with The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Live Action Films:
- A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! (2011): The first live action film. An Alternate Continuity where Timmy is a 23 year old but continues to act like a kid to keep Cosmo, Wanda and Poof. But when a now grown up, more mature and lovely looking Tootie returns to the neighborhood and Timmy starts falling for her. That begins to muddle things. Not helped that Crocker is still after his fairies and a corporate businessman likewise takes an interest in the fairies.
- A Fairly Odd Christmas (2012): The second live action film. Timmy tries to use his wishes to spread Christmas joy but this gains the ire of Santa since it interferes with his job. When trying to fix the problem, Timmy accidentally gives Santa amnesia and winds up on the Naughty List. Thus now has to change this to save Christmas.
- A Fairly Odd Summer (2014): The third and final live action film. Timmy heads to Hawaii to help his parents and Tootie with their jobs. But because Timmy had a job of looking after a powerful artifact that powers Fairyland and took it with him for safe keeping. This leads to Foop and Crocker targeting him to get their hands on it.
- Enter the Cleft (2002): A game for the Game Boy Advance. The Crimson Chin is captured and Timmy jumps into the comic as Cleft to rescue him along with Cosmo and Wanda.
- The Fairly OddParents: Breakin' Da Rules (2003): A game for PC, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Game Boy Advance and XBox. The "Da Rules" book get destroyed thanks to Timmy and he has to fix it.
- The Fairly OddParents: Shadow Showdown (2004): A video game for PC, Playstation 2, Gamecube and Game Boy Advance. A powerful jewel of Fairyland the enable fairies to grant wishes is stolen and Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda set out to find the culprit.
- Fairly OddParents: Clash with the Anti-World (2005): A video game for Game Boy Advance. The Anti-faires once more escape into the real world forcing Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda to stop them.
- Nicktoons Basketball (2004): A game for the PC in which the some of the Nicktoons play basketball. Timmy, Wanda, Cosmo and A.J (for some reason) are playable characters.
- Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy (2004): A game for the Game Boy Advance which has the Nicktoons taking pictures in the hopes of clearing up how they transported to various worlds. Timmy is one of the playable characters and features characters from Fairly Oddparents.
- Nicktoons Movin (2004): A game for the Playstation 2 for the EyeToy peripheral which allows players to use their bodies to interact with what's on screen. Fairly Oddparents was one of the series used for it's mini-games.
- Nicktoons Unite! (2005): A plaform multiplayer crossover for Gamecube, Playstation 2, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. There were three in the series. The first involved the villains of shows from Danny Phantom, Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron and, of course, Fairy Oddparents teaming up to take over the multi-verse. Thus Timmy, Spongbob, Danny and Jimmy likewise band together to stop the.
- Battle for Volcano Island (2006): Second game for the same consoles mentioned above. The plot this time has a native tribe from the titular island summon the heroes to their island in the hope of stopping an evil force from growing powerful to take over the worlds. Timmy is one such characters.
- Attack of the Toybots (2007): Third game in the series with the Wii replacing the Gamecube as the Nintendo console. Professor Calamitous, Jimmy arch enemy, concocts yet another scheme this time to use robots power by Krabby Patties, Fairy and Ghost Energy. He ends up abducting heroes from various Nicktoons universe but Spongebob inadvertently stumbles onto the plan, frees them and they all set out to stop them. Despite there being one more in the series (Globs of Doom), this is the last game to feature characters from The Fairly Oddparents.
- Nicktoons Winners Cup Racing (2006): PC game that essentially a Kart racing game featuring the Nicktoons characters. Timmy and Crocker are playable.
- Nicktoons Nitro (2009): Another kart racing game made for arcades. This one has a plot involving an alien named Lord Nitro who plucks Nicktoons characters from their worlds to race for his amusement. Forced to comply, they do so while Jimmy tries to find a way to get everyone home. Timmy naturally is playable.
- Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast (2003-2011): A former ride at Universal Studios Florida where Ooblar (from the Jimmy's first movie) steals his rocket and Jimmy, along with the guests, chase after him in their own rockets through the Nicktoons Studios. The Fairly OddParents make an appearance with Cosmo even offering Carl use of his wand.