The Wiggles Movie is an Australian children's musical movie made in 1997, and starring, of course, The Wiggles. The film was distributed by 20th Century Fox in Australia and Hit Entertainment in the USA and UK, where it was released direct-to-video and known as 'The Wiggles' Magical Adventure: A Wiggly Movie'.
In the movie, Greg, Murray, Anthony and Jeff embark on a journey to find Dorothy the Dinosaur after she takes chase to an amateur magician named Wally the Great, who steals Greg's magic wand in an attempt to become a better magician. Meanwhile, Dorothy feels sad, as she thinks that The Wiggles (and everyone else) have forgotten her birthday, but in fact they're planning a surprise party for her at a circus tent that same night. The Wiggles and Dorothy also run into Henry the Octopus, Captain Feathersword and Wags the Dog on their separate journeys, as Dorothy becomes increasingly worried about whether anyone will remember her birthday at all.
- Affably Evil: Wally is the closest the entire Wiggles franchise has ever gotten to a villain, and even then, his actions can be justified (even if he is a klutz), and he redeems himself by the end of the film.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Dorothy The Dinosaur.
- Big Eater: Anthony, and how!
- Big Friendly Dog: Wags certainly counts.
- Birthday Episode: The movie is set on Dorothy's birthday.
- Break the Cutie: Downplayed. Dorothy thinks that everyone's forgotten her birthday, and becomes increasingly worried about it throughout the course of the movie.
- Child Prodigy: One of the kids in Mrs. Bingle's class is heavily implied to be one, managing to calculate how far away Dorothy is, as well as the speed at which she's travelling... in her head!
- Clothing Switch: While the Wiggles look for Dorothy in their house, they come out of their bedrooms to find that they've all somehow swapped shirts! The moment they notice, they all Freak Out and rush back to their rooms to undo the switch.
- Cool Car: The Big Red Car.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Guess who?
- Failed a Spot Check: After Wally steals Greg's wand, Dorothy hitches a ride on the back of his tricycle, and he doesn't notice until she starts speaking.
- Funny Octopus: Henry, of course.
- Harmless Freezing: Ladies and gentlemen, Brrrrrrr Street.
- Heavy Sleeper: Jeff, definitely.
- The Movie
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Captain Feathersword and his crew.
- Trust Password: When the Wiggles try to enter their house, they're given "The Test" by their talking door, leading to this conversation:Door: What is Anthony's favorite food?The Wiggles: Fruit salad, yummy yummy!Door: What's Jeff's favorite sport?The Wiggles: Sleeping! (Jeff wakes up)Door: What's 693,748 divided by 6.3?The Wiggles: 110,118.73!Door: What's the password?The Wiggles: Silly Pants!
- MacGuffin: Greg's magic wand.
- Market-Based Title: The film was released in, of all places, Germany, as Wally und die wilden Wiggles note .
- Not-So-Forgotten Birthday: Comes into effect in the latter half of the film when Dorothy thinks everyone forgot her birthday, when really they're planning a Surprise Party for her.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Dorothy is kind and caring towards her friends, to an almost motherly degree. However, when she believes that her friends have forgotten her birthday, she becomes quite a Deadpan Snarker towards Wally after she hitches a ride on the back of his tricycle.Wally: Phew! Everyone would think I was carting a gorilla up that hill.Dorothy: I'm a dinosaur!Wally: Dinosaur, gorilla - what's the difference?Dorothy: Ah, about 200 kilos and a few million years!
- Stage Magician: Wally, who steals Greg's wand in hopes of becoming better at his magic act. Being the owner of said wand (as well as sixty-seven others), Greg counts as one too.
- Surprise Party: What the Wiggles and their friends plan for Dorothy.
- The Voiceless: Wags can only bark.