If there's any color that conjures deep emotions more than blue, it's purple. Purple intensely resembles violet, which is the highest visible color on the human light spectrum, just before the (technically invisible) ultraviolet. It is a color that can be created in painting by combining red and blue paint. Purple as a color has symbolized royalty since antiquity (especially Roman / Byzantine), though in many cultures it wasn't considered a separate color from red. In modern times, purple is a very exotic and powerful color, while at the same time not being very subtle. Besides pink, purple is considered one of the most symbolic colors of the LGBT community, and occasionally associated as a color of solidarity between gay people and their straight allies.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: When a girl or woman shows her femininity and/or gracefulness by wearing purple.
- Gravity Is Purple: Gravity associated with the color purple.
- Purple Is Powerful: Purple used to represent power and badassery.
- Purple Is the New Black: When a different dark color, such as purple, stands in for black.
- Supernatural Is Purple: The color purple associated with magic and/or the supernatural.
- Yellow/Purple Contrast: A popular Color Contrast between purple and yellow.