It follows a straight-laced high school student, Sunny (Verma) and her slacker best friend Lupe (Morales) who, after a regrettable first sexual encounter, have 24 hours to hunt down a Plan B pill in South Dakota.
The film was released on Hulu in the United States on May 28th, 2021.
Tropes in this film include:
- Against My Religion:
- Kyle, who's Christian, gets distraught upon having sex with Sunny, since it was extramarital, and says he has to go pray. He later freaks out and calls Sunny in despair.
- The pharmacist denies Lupe (covering for Sunny) Plan B due to it being against his beliefs (it's allowed under state law in South Dakota under a "conscience clause"), which causes them to look for another source.
- Batter Up!: Doris from the store Lupe and Sunny visit rescues them from two creeps by wielding a baseball bat (she uses it on their truck).
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Andy is quite large, and has chosen to pierce his penis with a huge ring. He says women like it.
- Closet Gay: It turns out Lupe is queer and in the closet, even to her bestie Sunny (what she says indicates she's bi or pansexual).
- Coming-of-Age Story: Definitely. Two friends have to run away from home to brave the wilds of conservative South Dakota to get contraception.
- Coming-Out Story: As a secondary plot, Lupe plans to tell Sunny she's queer (bi or pansexual, from what she says). However, Sunny realizes for herself on meeting Logan, who's Lupe's girlfriend (Sunny'd thought it was a guy's name). Lupe still hasn't told her dad by the end, but has been reassured he would never kick her out and he'd love her no matter what.
- Disappeared Dad: Sunny's dad is neither seen nor mentioned in the film.
- Gender-Blender Name: Lupe's girlfriend is named Logan, as a result of which Sunny thinks initially that she's a guy (Lupe didn't correct it either then).
- Groin Attack: Sunny inadvertently does this when going to give Andy fellatio. As she backs away, her hair gets caught on his dick piercing, which rips out.
- Male Frontal Nudity: Andy shows his large and pierced penis in explicit detail at length when the girls debate who will give him oral sex.
- Mama Bear: When Sunny tells her mom she'd been trying to get the Plan B pill, which the pharmacist would not give her, rather than be mad her mom immediately goes there and browbeats him into doing it with a single Death Glare.
- Missing Mom: Lupe's mom died in the past. Since then, her dad became very strict and overprotective.
- Only Known by Their Nickname:
- Sunny is only called her full name, Sunita, by her mother.
- Lupe's really Guadalupe, but only her dad uses that.
- The Pastor's Queer Kid: Lupe is a closeted queer girl, whose dad's a minister. She's reluctant to come out at first, afraid of his possible reaction. However, he reassures her by the end that he'd never reject her, no matter what.
- Preacher's Kid: Lupe's dad is a pastor, and she's a rebellious queer teen who chafes at his rules.
- Road Trip Plot: Most of the plot is Sunny and Lupe going to Planned Parenthood in another city for the Plan B pill, since the pharmacy near them won't issue it.
- Sex for Services: Andy demands oral sex from Sunny or Lupe if they want his last Plan B pill (which is really just speed). Neither is keen on this, arguing who'll do it. Lupe finally agrees to, then pulls back and gets her hair caught in his penis ring, which is pulled out, so it never happens. Serves him right.
- Speed Sex: Kyle lasts about ten seconds with Sunny when they have sex, to her disappointment.
- Their First Time: Sunny loses her virginity while drunk with Kyle, after her real crush Hunter drove off with another girl. It's a huge let down.
- Wild Teen Party: Sunny throws one at her house when her mom's out of town where there's a lot of teens drinking (she loses her virginity during it). It's actually less wild than most of these, and she's able to clean it up in a matter of hours by herself while hungover.