Our Eternity Together by ETNMystic is an Escape the Night Fan Fic series chronicling the events of Mystics journey to destroy the Cursed God as well as figure out how to face her own internal struggles.
The series is currently on its 14th installment. It is unclear how long the author plans to keep the series going for.
The series in general provides examples of:
- Abduction Is Love: The Cursed Gods main goal is to kidnap Mystic to get her to fall in love with him. Hes often accompanied by or sends minions of sorts to do the job for him.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Mystic despises the Cursed God, even with a few reconsiderations at times, but he's relentless to obtain her affections.
- Am I Just a Toy to You??: Arguably applicable to Penelope and Mystic, as Penelope has tried to use hypnosis on Mystic multiple times to get info out of her, a couple of times ending in an outburst from Mystic.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: The Cursed God, Gautier, Asaph, and Kerrie to Mystic and Anubis to Chiaki. Also Lennan to Alison, as well as Horace to Penelope and, arguably, to Alice and Mystic.
- The Cutie: Rosanna Pansino is the main one. Mystic has her moments, though.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulu?: Mystic's the target of the Cursed God's affections.
- Genre Savvy: Invoked and discussed several times throughout the story.
- A few of the characters seem aware of the fact that theyre in a story.
- This being an ETN fanfic, the characters based on authors are also able to recite the terms for a death challenge, as they're authors of ETN fanfiction.
- Hypnotize the Princess: Done to Mystic, waaaay too many times to count.
- Mental World: Mystics gone to her mindscape a few times after shes been knocked out.
- Running Gag: The series has a couple signature gags.
- Mystics reply to the question Going somewhere? being Hell, probably.
- The characters seem to be aware that theyre in a story, followed with Dooper replying with something along the lines of What kind of drugs are you on? And where can I get some?
- Shout Out:
- Mystic gives an homage to an iconic vine in the chase scene of Our Eternity Together with the line Sike! Its a fake-out. You were fooled! Ha ha ha ha!
- Another vine homage from Mystic during the same chase scene: "Try Me, Bitch!"
- A Victorian Christmas has nods to The Nutcracker , including the musical number in the story, the destined transformations of Safiya, Nora, Penelope, Envy, and Candy Pop, which they escape, the referenced background music, even the death challenge itself is themed around it.
- Mystic again in The Chocolate Caper, this time giving reference to the song Circus by Britney Spears to confuse Envy, and ending it with Its Mystic, bitch!
- Mystic, in A Mystical Christmastime, gives a nod to the song "Drama Club" by Melanie Martinez
- Terms of Endangerment: It seems that almost every villain has a pet name for our protagonist. The Cursed God, Horace, Circe, Gautier, Lilith, almost everyone has called her something along the lines of "dear," "darling," "sweetheart," etc,. There are a few exceptions, however, including Carol Dontchaknow.
- Catapult Nightmare: Mystic, after Chapter 9's dream sequence, wakes up screaming.
- Everyone Is a Suspect: Someone's apparently a traitor who contaminated the water supply in the Sanctuary. Even Mystic is suspected of being the traitor.
- Just Think of the Potential: A creepy speech given by the Cursed God to Mystic during the First Sanctuary Invasion about how she could have whatever she wanted if she agreed to marry him.
- The Virus: The water supply in the Sanctuary by an unknown traitor.
- Holy Burns Evil: Not seen in the story, but Mystic finds out that one of Candy Pop's gifts for her burned him. The present was a wrapped Bible and the wounds were technically self-inflicted
- Love-Interest Traitor: Alison near the end of The Chocolate Caper, when she agrees to marry Lennan and prepares to kiss him, only to bite him at the last second so hed die of blood loss. Unfortunately it was a necessary betrayal as his life was connected to the magic that was placed on Mystic, Alice, Stella, and Ro as well as the whole factory.
- Interrupted Declaration of Love: Happens to Envy twice.
- Christmas Episode: It's right in the title.