Charged with the Grand Order, it now sails through the kaleidoscope, searching for the seven singularities
Hoping that their efforts will earn the salvation they hoped for
And that their quartz will hold out long enough to summon the Heroes that will save them
Fate/Sunny Order is a Fate/Grand Order slice of life fanfiction by Swordomatic, while being simultaneously a distant "sequel" to the Unlimited Blade Works route (specifically the "good ending" where Saber survives) of Fate/stay night. It focuses on the daily lives of Ritsuka and Kana Tohsaka, children of Rin and Shirou and Chaldea's only active Masters. The entire thing is an utterly ridiculous slew of jokes and memes surrounding all things Fate and many others besides.
The main story of FGO is covered in sidestory chapters to allow the main story to focus entirely on abridged-style antics. Expect extreme exaggeration of anything and everything.
Fate/Sunny Order contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Mordred in the omakes is completely disarmed by Arturia's calm attempts to make peace with her, and ends up doing things like screaming that "my father is the cutest in the world" when she is told she is very cute.
- Allegedly Free Game: Played realistically. The limited supply of summoning materials is the bane of Ritsuka and Kana's existence (but mostly Ristuka's, because his luck is the worst).
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Nobu and Okita break it regularly, as one would expect.
- Character Development: Shirou, Rin and Arturia all experienced it over the past couple of decades, apparently, which is especially shown with Arturia, who is significantly more calm when dealing with certain situations like meeting Gilgamesh again or being confronted by Mordred.
- Call-Forward: Since this fanfic started after the first chapter of the game was long done in Japan, there are several nods to things that would otherwise be major spoilers for the later singularities, as You Should Know This Already.
- Cool Aunt: Apparently Sakura dotes on her nephew and niece frequently, which partly explains why they never really learned to cook like their parents.
- Chick Magnet/ Dude Magnet: Ritsuka and Kana, respectively. Ritsuka starts out as a Clueless Chick Magnet until he discovers from both EMIYA and Kana that not only did his dad have the eyes of every girl in Fuyuki, Kana fought off several would-be suitors for him when they were in high school. Ritsuka then realizes that Kana has the same problem, as he got into street fights with several unsuitable guys who wanted to date his sister.
- Cuteness Proximity: Altera of all people has discovered the concept of "cute", thanks to Medea. And she likes it. A lot.
- Medea herself is unable to resist petting Atalanta's lion ears, much to the latter's chagrin.
- D-Cup Distress: Kana really doesn't like that she has a rather curvy figure (taking more from her aunt Sakura than her mother), as it doesn't fit her tomboy persona. She's mortified when Ritsuka tells her she has a huge ass, and confesses to Mashu that she uses a sports bra and an extra strap on her uniform to try and keep her chest suppressed.
- Full-Frontal Assault: Gilgamesh once again uses AUO CASTOFF when Ritsuka tells him his armor is tacky. He then gets into a naked wrestling match with Lancer!Cu. Poor Kana is left a sobbing wreck from the experience. Gil still gets into naked wrestling matches with other Servants in later chapters.
- Good Parents: Surprisingly, Shirou and Rin. Shirou, for the most part, actually retired from being a hero who uses swords to solve problems, and instead became a prosecutor in the justice system (possibly even a federal prosecutor), and treats his kids well, but not spoiling them, as shown in one flashback with him and Ritsuka. There is also a heartwarming flashback between Kana and Rin, showing how Rin handles her parenting as well.
- Honorary Aunt: Arturia to Risuka and Kana. Taiga is later mentioned as being considered an aunt of theirs as well, as well as Luvia of all people, who helped the siblings get into Chaldea under false names.
- Insistent Terminology: Gilgamesh, while relaying the events of Fate/hollow ataraxia as an alternate timeline he happens to be aware of, outright insists on using "Hollow Ataraxia" as the term for the time loop.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Implied - while Shirou kept the name 'Emiya', his kids inherited his wife's family name, as Tohsaka has significantly more clout and prestige than his.
- Meaningful Name: An omake with Rin and Shirou discussing baby names implies that Kana may be named after the sword Kanshou, one of her father's preferred weapons. Rin is annoyed by this, because she rejected a more blatant attempt to do this with both children.
- Mythology Gag: Both Ritsuka and Kana got into Chaldea using the false names of "Gudao and Gudako Fujimaru". Fujimaru being Ritsuka's canon last name, and the first names being the names used by fans for the male and female protagonist of the game, respectively.
- Never Found the Body: Arturia is mortified by the mere thought of Kirei Kotomine still being alive, though Cu assures her he is definitely dead, between getting stabbed in the heart by Gae Bolg and the entire Einzbern castle burning down. Readers who know about the Lostbelt chapter of the game, however, know he doesn't need to be alive to come back.
- Not So Above It All: While Mashu is more of a straight girl who mostly provides humor through being adorable and embarrassed by the stuff she gets involved in, she does have her moments, including having overly romantic thoughts from being so sheltered...[To the notion of punishing the siblings for using fake names] "YES!" Mashu exclaims. She shoots up onto her feet, cheeks puffed and eyes wet, and points harshly at Ritsuka. "Senpai toyed with my feelings! First he was a senpai then he was a spy BUT NO HE'S STILL SENPAI!"
"Mashu no," [Ritsuka] begs quietly.
"What did you think up in your head?" Kana asks, morbidly impressed - and more than a little intimidated. That is a girl who can crush their heads like melons. Demi-Servants are strong. "First thing, Mash, we are not spies."
"I KNOW I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!"
"Alright calm down," Kana says.
"I WANT TO BE SEDUCED BY A SPY, SENPAI!"
"W-What," Ritsuka and Roman both say, their voices barely whispers.
- Rule of Funny: The entire reason for this fic, and the rationale behind every event not from the source material.
- Running Gag: Being a partial gag fic, of course there are:
- Nobu's obsession with bombs, and said bombs being detonated by another Servant's weapon.
- Medea petting Atalanta's ears despite the latter's obvious annoyance.
- Gilgamesh suplexing Ritsuka at every opportunity he gets.
- References to Lancer!Cu's "Protection from Arrows" ability being so broad as to basically allow him to dodge basically anything that isn't a straight up melee attack.
- Secret Secret-Keeper: Turns out Waver is aware of Roman's secrets, including the fact that he is actually Solomon.
- Leonardo discovered Luvia wanted her to help her prevent Ritsuka and Kana's identities being exposed, and won't say what Luvia's rationale was, either, despite it being a moot point anyway.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Everyone indulges in fouler language than the source material, though not excessively. F-bombs are utilised regularly.
- Squishy Wizard: Averted by human standards. Ritsuka and Kana regularly engage in battle, and even jumped into the fight against Saber Alter alongside Shielder.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Gilgamesh. While he's generally in a better mood because there's not many humans left and they are all essential (and that Arturia is around), he is also impressed by his masters' willingness to basically talk shit to him, and he has other Servants to have friendly naked wrestling matches with.
- Team Dad: Archer EMIYA, as Team Mom as well, but specifically this because he's filling in for Ritsuka and Kana's actual father, who unfortunately perished along with the rest of humanity. While he didn't have kids himself, he takes to the father role like a fish to water, even giving Risuka fatherly advice about how to deal with with the "Emiya gene".
- Trauma Button: Magical Ruby did something to scar the Tohsaka siblings for life, especially Kana. When he turns up in an omake due to the pair accidentally summoning the chest from Fate/hollow ataraxia (along with alternate teenage versions of their parents), Ritsuka and Kana immediately attack him, especially since he somehow recognises Kana.
- Troll: Magi☆Mari trolls Roman regularly, and Roman and Ritsuka get into an argument over her, with Ritsuka wondering how the hell they're able to access the internet in any capacity with the rest of the world burned down, and Roman insisting that Magi☆Mari is a good girl. The fic isn't even subtle about how it's Merlin using a chat client to troll Roman.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Poor Ritsuka is subjected to this courtesy of Leonard Da Vinci.
- Will They or Won't They?: Ritsuka and Mashu have an obvious thing for each other, and Ritsuka even confesses his affections for her early on, but Mashu is way too shy. So, of course, it will take time for them to sort that out.
- The Workaholic: Ritsuka. When there is work that needs doing, he does it without hesitation, and is very competent at it. Fortunately, this helps Roman out immensely, who in canon is so flooded with responsibilities that he has to take medicine and drugs and with little sleep in order to help the protagonist. Later, both of their workloads are heavily alleviated by Leonardo making automatons to do it.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Gilgamesh started suplexing Ritsuka almost immediately after being summoned, apparently as a means of training him. And then there's the naked wrestling matches...