- Despite having little to no presence in the main story, optional party members tend to be a lot more popular than the characters in the main story party. This is usually due to being much more powerful and/or having more attractive character designs. Some of these characters such as Danua and Narmaya are very popular outside of the game's small community, and get pages of fanart on sites like Pixiv and Tumblr even from people who haven't played the game.
- Cagliostro and Vania also gets tons of fanart, unsurprising since they're both quite cute, powerful and also for the former because Evil Is Cool and being openly transgender, while the latter because vampires are popular in general.
- Special mention to Alicia, who has a downright amazing amount of popularity and fanart for a very minor NPC.
- Lunalu and Lowain are the most popular among the R-rarity characters in terms of characterization, the former due to being a shy Yaoi Fangirl and the latter because he's voiced by a popular voice actor and players find his antics amusing.
- To a lesser extent, Camieux is - and always has been, winning her category in the popularity poll all 18 times - making her the most popular R character in the game via fan votes.
- Walder became a lot more popular when the "Ranger Sign Bravo" event came out, due to his character development, the expansion on his relationship with Jade, and several heartwarming, funny, and/or awesome moments he gets in the event story like taking on Fenrir all by himself just for Jade's sake.
- Grimnir's popularity soared as soon as the new Omega II raids were released. In part of his popularity from Rage Of Bahamut and Shadowverse, players also love him for being Adorkable and also thanks to his funny moments in the quest to open up the Grimnir Raid. Granblue Twitter exploded when his playable version was finally released, with him trending highest on Twitter for a while after it happened.
- The Gun Sisters, with Cucouroux constantly topping the fan popularity polls, enough to warrant her getting an SSR and still topping the popularity polls even after that. Following her is Silva (who is currently more popular than her sister and even won the 5th anniversary outfit poll) and Camieux, as mentioned above.
- Sandalphon, who started off as a one-off villain for the the original WMTSB event but became so popular he became the main focus of the second and third event, ascending to playable character status as an SSR and topped the male anniversary skin poll even over similarly popular characters like Lucio and Percival who came in second and third place respectively.
- Raid primal beasts, such as Athena, Zooey, Medusa and Baal tend to be super popular to the point where the four of them were listed to becoming playable with more playable raid primals being planned in the future.
- The Dragon Knights are the most popular male character group in the game, with Percival being the most of the 4 of them, to the point where the group as a whole receives Wolverine Publicity from Cygames due to how much money they pull in.
- Among the Arcarum Evokers, Nier is the most popular. She already has the most fan arts even before actually being released. In the span of three months from the time her character uncap art got revealed up to the 5th Anniversary, Death (the summon required to recruit her) went from one of the least popular summons into the 2nd most made behind The Sun (which people made en masse for gameplay purposes)note . Even the reveal of her dark backstory and Yandere tendency does naught to put a hold to her popularity, if not boosting it even further.
- Maria Theresa of the Arcarum Evokers slowly gain popularity after the fate episodes have come out due to her story and it helps to these players that she is the Token Good Teammatenote among the Evokers in general.
- Belial. Initially conceived to be a villain more despicable than Sandalphon, he inadvertantly became one of the most popular villains as well as one of the most popular characters in the game due to his hilariously over-the-top dialogue with everyone he interacts with, his attractive design, his relationship with Lucilius and his voice actor, Yoshimasa Hosoya. Since his reveal, there has been demand for him to get a playable version despite his for now uncompromising villain status and even cries for a summer Belial despite him not even having a playable version.
- Of the Primarchs revealed in 000, Sariel became popular the fastest due to his design, personality and seemingly pure friendship with Belial. Along with Belial, and the usually requested Primarchs like Lucifer and the Tetra-element Primarchs, hes one of the most requested Primarch grouped characters wanted to have a playable version on Granblue twitter.
- Lucifer, the summon and NPC character thats based on the summon. Originally planned as a collaboration summon between Rage of Bahamut and Granblue Fantasy, he was reworked to fit the lore of the game, all the lore reworking coming into play in his interactions in the "What Makes The Sky Blue" trilogy, which boosted interest in his character for native Granblue players. It helps that hes one of the most useful/powerful summons in the game, especially after his 5★ uncap and people are constantly crying for him to have an official playable version after its confirmed that he and Lucio are not the same person. It also helps that he was already a cash cow and an iconic character for Cygames, appearing in nearly all of their works, gaining popularity in all of them. His popularity is exemplified in Granblue when his summon was made sparkable in March 19ths Flash Gala to celebrate the end of the trilogy and which resulted in the server crashing so hard that it had to go into maintenance, with the character/summon trending the highest on Twitter, even higher than the new summer character introduced in the same pool.
- Lucio/Helel ben Sahar has his own claim to popularity, due to his mysterious background and personality, his perpetual bullying of popular character Sandalphon and the fact that hes a part of the Luciface trio aka the three characters that resemble Rage of Bahamut Lucifer.note
- Lucilius has officially reached Break Out Villain status in the fanbase due to his contrasting personality from the previous two Lucifaces, his resemblance to Voiding Lucifer, him being the only evil Lucifer clone and him having one of the hardest raids in the entire game, if not the hardest, with some of the best weapons to come out of it. His Pet the Dog moments with Lucifer have also made him more palatable in the shipping side of the fanbase as well as Belials attachment to him.
- The Primal Pals, consisting of Medusa, Baal, Nezha and Satyr from the Primal Resonance event are slowly gaining a following, thanks to expanded personalities, characterization and interaction for the Primal raids bosses the players have grown attached to over the years. Special mention to Satyr who, unlike the other three who have their raid boss version, is only an old summon from 2015 but was something of a cult favorite due to her cute design. Her popularity resulted in her finally getting a four star uncap in June 2019.
Ensemble Darkhorse / Granblue Fantasy