Dianna Elise Agron is an actress, writer, singer, dancer and model who was born on the 30th of April 1986 in Georgia. You probably know her from FOX's Glee or The Family because, let's face it, you forgot about I Am Number Four. She won the "Breakthrough Newcomer" award in 2010, she's that good.
Interestingly, she sold her first screenplay six months before being cast on Glee - which was the day before principal photography - but they didn't make it within a year so she has the rights back. This love of writing was evident on her tumblr blog [felldowntherabbithole] and now with YM&C (You, Me & Charlie). According to Vanity Fair, YM&C is "full of sunshine, optimism, and pretty people".
On the Glee Live Tour in 2011 she famously came out wearing a T-shirt saying "Likes Girls" in the same style as Chris Colfer's "Likes Boys" one for "Born This Way". Given the Les Yay afforded her character (and herself sometimes) lots of people drew conclusions and so the next day she took to her blog and wrote out a three-and-a-half thousand word essay asserting she's not gay, Not That There's Anything Wrong with Thatnote .
Her favorite animals are elephants. She wrote, produced, directed and starred in the 2009 short A Fuchsia Elephant.
Agron made her West End and professional theatre début performing in McQUEEN, a Dark Fantasy based on a fictional story imagined by fashion designer Alexander McQueen shortly before his suicide, as lead female Dahlia in May 2015.
- When a Stranger Calls (2006)
- Shark (2006)
- T.K.O. (2007)
- Veronica Mars (2006-07)
- Heroes (2007)
- It's A Mall World (2007)
- Dinner With Raphael (Funny or Die Short, 2009)
- Bold Native (2010)
- The Romantics (2010)
- Burlesque (2010)
- The Hunters (2011)
- I Am Number Four (2011)
- Nintendo 3DS commercials (2012)
- The Family (2013)
- The Killers' "Just Another Girl" (Music video, 2013)
- Sam Smith's "I'm Not The Only One" (Music video, 2014)
- Zipper (2015)
- Bare (2015)
- Glee (2009-2015, main character for Seasons 1 through 3, recurring for Seasons 4 through 6)
- Tumbledown (2015 festivals, 2016 public)
- Hollow In The Land (2016)
- Novitiate (2017)
- The Crash (2017)
- Headlock (2017)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 1 (2009)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 2 (2009)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 3 Showstoppers (2010)
- Glee: The Music The Christmas Album (2010)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 4 (2010)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 5 (2011)
- You know what, just have the Glee discography
- Imagine (celebrity charity single, 2014)
- Oh, You Beautiful Doll for Vogue's feature 'The Triple Threats' (2016)
- A Fuchsia Elephant (2009)
- Body (2010)
- Till Sunrise (2014)
- L'Américaine (2015)
Tropes associated with Dianna Agron:
- Accent On The Wrong Syllable: Her surname Agron is commonly pronounced Ah-GRON, but comes from Agronsky and so should be AY-gron. She's given up on correcting people, though.
- All Jews Are Ashkenazi: Her family name was originally "Agronsky", but it had to be changed for US citizenship.
- In interviews, she talked about playing Protestant cheerleader Quinn in Glee, and the fact that she was Jewish and didn't know what she was talking about when she was reciting Bible verses.
- Badass Moustache: In "Just Another Girl"◊ (playing Brandon).
- Bifauxnen: See page image. Watch "Just Another Girl". Repeat.
- Fan Community Nickname: "Agronatics" (Agron+fanatics), and some "Agronauts" (Agron+astronauts).
- Diannatics (Dianna+fanatics) and Little Lambs common in South America.
- For Happiness: Her main motivation behind things like YM&C, and it would seem to pay off as apparently she has saved people's lives. (Sadly, the Charlie in that trope's description is bullied For the Evulz by Alice so she is Bob.)
- Gender-Blender Name: Charlie
- Her character in Glee is called Quinn which she chooses over real name Lucy.
- Mistaken for Gay: Often enough to write the aforementioned three thousand word essay on the subject.
- Promoted Fanboy:
- She is a fan of The Killers and got to play Brandon Flowers in one of their music videos
- and of John Lennon/The Beatles - she got to cover "Imagine" for a charity single with Lennon's voice and image.
- And of Mumford & Sons - she started dating one of the members in 2015.
- And of Sam Smith, and she appeared in his music video, too.
- Shout-Out: Her tumblr blog was fell down the rabbit hole, a reference to Alice in Wonderland.
- Lip-syncing in a Killers video, which also contained a large printed number four placed behind her◊ - apparently not from any of the past videos being recreated.
- She's given one in the line notes of Taylor Swift's "22", and "Wonderland" is rumoured to be about her because of her own Alice Allusions.
- Southern Belle: From Savannah, GA. And raised in San Antonio, TX.
- Accentuated in this◊ Glamour shoot.
- 13 Is Unlucky: Like Taylor Swift, the complete opposite. In "10 Things You Didn't Know About..." she said that every Friday 13th wonderful things had happened, as well as it being, for her, a lucky number that most consider unlucky.