These are the characters for the series Teppu.
- People who are good at everything have it the hardest.
- The Ace
- Ambiguously Gay: Says very early on in the series that she doubts she'll ever have a boyfriend, but comments on the sexiness of ring girls and admires Honma's beauty. That's not even getting into the whole thing with Yuzuko.
- Childhood Friends: With Sanae.
- Combat Pragmatist: When Sanae's strength takes her off guard in Chapter 4, she uses her school loafer to get her distracted for a moment.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Probably her most noticeable trait, Natsuo is 182 cm (or 5' 9'') tall, unusual for a Japanese woman, especially one her age.
- Lonely at the Top
- Statuesque Stunner: Good-looking in an intimidating sort of way, unfortunately her personality over shadows that most of the time.
- Unskilled, but Strong: But picks up skills shockingly fast.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid
- Villain Protagonist
- Younger Than They Look: Natsuo's height and build make her look a lot older than a freshman. Meika and Yuzuko are surprised to learn in Chapter that she's the same age as them.
- This is fun! Don't you think so too?
- The Ace
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Natch, her most prominent feature, to the point that many chapter titles are simply different ways of commenting on her eyebrows.
- Blood Knight
- Childhood Friends: With Ringi. The feeling wasn't always mutual, though.
- Genki Girl
- Innocently Insensitive
- Strange Girl
"The Strongest Woman in Japan," Karin is an older woman with a distinctive face who ends up as Natsuo's mentor. She's frequently seen fretting over the present and future of Women's MMA and the difficulty most have breaking into it.
A high school student with a background in Judo. She is a frequent at Takenaka Gym and becomes something of a rival to Natsuo.
- Huge Schoolgirl: One of the only characters in the series to rival Natsuo's height and definitely the only other high schooler.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Heavily hinted to be her motivation for beating Natsuo. A single flashback shows her sitting alone at school, eyeing a group of girls having fun together silently. It then cuts to her interacting with other members of the Takenaka Gym, with her only thoughts being "my place of-". From this, it can be gathered that she fears Natsuo will take her place in the community she has found with the other members of Takenaka Gym.
"An average office lady" who's trying to go pro.
- Cat Girl
- Character Tics: She clicks her tongue when she's pleased or interested.
- Hidden Depths: Plays guitar and is apparently a fan of The Ramones.
- Office Lady
A young woman who's been attending Takenaka Gym for 6 years.
- Hidden Depths: Likes baking cakes.
- Youthful Freckles: Emphasize how youthful and fragile she appears.
Daughter of world-renowned MMA champion Mario Cordeiro, Ringi is a Brazilian fighter who has recently moved to Japan. Her cheerful and playful attitude masks the fact that she has a terrifying amount of strength and talent, and may be the best teen-aged fighter in the series.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: A perky Funny Foreigner with very little care for Japanese social norms who's also devastatingly strong. She doesn't compete in the G-Girl Qualifiers because she's already a part of the competition (which is mostly made up of adult fighters).
- Childhood Friends: With Yuzuko, to the point of almost seeming like family. Ringi took a while to warm up to her, however.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: As per her Brazilian heritage.
- Funny Foreigner: Though it's hinted she plays this up a lot.
- Genki Girl: Like Natsuo though she was a lot more sullen as a child.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: It's heavily hinted that she plays up her ditiziness a lot. One noticeable example is casually mentioning one of her supposed weaknesses during her fight with Takenaka.
- Na-chan, you have a terrible personality!
A member of the Volleyball Club. She's doesn't ignore Natsuo's haughtiness and bad behavior, and doesn't hesitate to tell Natsuo this to her face with a smile. Despite this, or perhaps because of this, Kei has somehow ended up as Natsuo's Only Friend.
- Brutal Honesty: Natsuo is shocked by how easily Kei finds it to tell her she has a "terrible personality." Kei is well aware of Natsuo's rudeness but accepts it because Natsuo herself is upfront about it.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Morality Pet: While Kei accepts Natsuo's Jerkass tendencies she's not above calling them out. Notably, she points out Natsuo's dismissive attitude towards Haruka's loss, and Natsuo actually seems ashamed by this. When Haruka continues coming to the gym, Natsuo is surprised to find herself relieved, realizing Kei's words actually struck her deep.
- I'm gonna make you eat your words.
Single-handedly putting the Karate Club on the map, Sanae is a fighter with an incredible amount of strength and a history with Natsuo. She joins to G-Girl Qualifiers to try and get revenge on Natsuo.
- Beauty Mark
- The Captain: Of the Karate club.
- Childhood Friends: With Natsuo.
- Perpetual Frowner: Pretty much always has a serious expression on her face (when not boiling over with anger towards Natsuo). Kanno notes that she didn't even smile when winning Nationals. The one exception is the scene in which she apologizes to Mai, and it's no wonder the other girl reacts the way she does.
A black belt in the Karate Club, she hates Natsuo almost as much as she loves Sanae.
- Berserk Button: Sanae getting disrespected.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Not to Yuzuko's degree, but still pretty prominent.
Coach of the Karate Club. Enabler.
The unnamed third member of the MMA club, she seems to be a little over her head in this series. After spending the entire series unnamed, she is eventually revealed to be Takenaka's daughter. She makes friends with Kei after they sit together at the G-Girl Qualifiers.
- Hey, You!: Yuzuko (and as it turns out, everyone) never refers to her by name until the end of the series.
- No Name Given: She goes unnamed through the ENTIRE series until the very, very last chapter where the reader is almost sure to have stopped wondering about her. This to hide the fact that she's Takenaka's daughter.
Karin's friend and promoter. Has been called the pioneer of Women's Judo.
The "1" of Karin's "22-1" record. Known as "The Witch of the West."
- Red Baron: "The Witch of the West" to Karin's "Empress of the East." Also known as "The Quick-Kill Witch."
A competitor in the G-Girl Qualifiers from Korea.
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: Turns out to be double-jointed, a handy skill to have against armbars.
- Badass Adorable: Cute, fretful, one of the shortest fighters in the G-Girl Qualifiers, and the first one in the series apart from Natsuo or Ringi to really give Yuzuko a run for her money, even managing to draw blood. She also wipes the floor with her first opponent despite being half a foot shorter.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Red Baron: "The Korean Supernova."
- Youthful Freckles
Honma's pupil and a competitor in the G-Girl Qualifiers.
- Foil: To Yuzuko. Natsuo notices the way they both have thrown themselves into fighting and are having fun in their match is similar. Karin states that they're both favorites to win. They even have similar IdiotHairs.
- Idiot Hair
A competitor in the G-Girl Qualifiers from Gym Shooting Boss.