Lesbian RobinRobin's doppelgänger. Although she is the first of the gang's doppelgängers introduced to the audience, she is only the second doppelgänger the gang met chronologically.
Played by: Cobie Smulders
- Bifauxnen: Justified since she's a Butch Lesbian.
- Butch Lesbian: She appeared very masculine in every way, hence the nickname.
- Identical Stranger: She is Robin's doppelgänger.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The gang never found out her name as she was just a stranger on the street.
- Statuesque Stunner: Like Robin, she's 5'8.
Mustache MarshallMarshall's doppelgänger. Although he is the second of the gang's doppelgängers introduced to the audience, he is actually the first doppelgänger the gang met chronologically.
Played by: Jason Segel
- Dashing Hispanic: Very little is known of him, but he was pretty successfully chatting up a chick in the bar in Spanish.
- Identical Stranger: He is Marshall's official doppelgänger. note
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The gang only refers to him as Mustache Marshall as they never learned his name.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Is wearing a classic suit when they met him.
Stripper LilyLily's doppelgänger and is the third of the gang's doppelgängers to be introduced. A stripper at the Lusty Leopard, she goes by Jasmine.
Played by: Alyson Hannigan
- Beauty Mark: The mole in her right cheek is the only way to visually distinguish her from Lily.
- Con Artist: Though her boyfriend did most of the heavy lifting. Along with Ted's stupidity.
- Commuting on a Bus: She is the doppelgänger who frequently appears (that's still only three appearances, but every other doppelgänger was a One-Shot Character save for stock footage).
- Evil Redhead: Has no problem robbing the gang from their money and lure them to a Russian gang hideout.
- Fiery Redhead: She is bossy and ruthless, and also frequents Russian gangs.
- Floral Theme Naming: If Jasmine is indeed her real name, then she and Lily falls to this.
- Funny Foreigner: She tries to appeal to the gang by saying a party is a mishmash of American-seeming concepts, and her accent is played for laughs.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Has a Russian boyfriend who is as tall as Marshall. Barney even points out that they've got a girl who looks like Lily dating a giant, just like their group. It is later revealed that they didn't end up together as she eventually married Scooter.
- Identical Stranger: She is Lily's doppelgänger.
- Ms. Fanservice: Well, she is a stripper...
- Replacement Goldfish: In "Gary Blauman", Future!Ted tells she will be this for Scooter, as he finally moves on from Lily by marrying her.
- Second Love: Scooter ends up with her after he finally gets over Lily.
- Smoking Is Cool: Is constantly smoking in her appearances.
- The Un-Reveal: Whether Jasmine is her real name or not can only be confirmed by Word of God.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: She has some sort of weird Franco-Russian accent.
Mexican Wrestler TedTed's doppelgänger and is the fourth of the gang's doppelgängers to be introduced.
Played by: Josh Radnor
- Badass Boast: He uttered a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner in Spanish.Mexican Wrestler Ted: (in Spanish) I am the conqueror of machines!
- Badass Cape: Part of his wrestling attire.
- Dashing Hispanic: He is a good-looking Mexican.
- Funny Foreigner: He is a Mexican wrestler who personify the Testosterone Poisoning trope.
- Identical Stranger: He is Ted's doppelgänger.
- I Have the High Ground: He finishes his match by an aerial move.
- Masked Luchador: He starts his fight in a mask, but it gets ripped off. This leads to The Reveal of the Identical Stranger beneath.
- My Name Is Inigo Montoya: He becomes virtually unstoppable after losing his mask. His anger is actually Truth in Television as luchadors losing their mask is considered a big deal in Mexican wrestling.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Ted never mentions his name, just calling him "Mexican Wrestler Me."
- Professional Wrestling: Hence the nickname.
- Screaming Warrior: He was constantly screaming during his match.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Like Ted, he's 6 feet tall.
- Testosterone Poisoning: He is a walking parody of Rated M for Manly.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Justified since wrestlers are commonly topless.
- Wild Hair: He sports a long, untamed curly hair.
Dr. John StangelBarney's doppelgänger and is the last of the gang's doppelgänger to appear in the series. He also happens to be Marshall and Lily's fertility doctor.
Played by: Neil Patrick Harris
- Brainy Brunette: To contrast Barney's Dumb Blonde persona.
- Hospital Hottie: He is a Tall, Dark, and Handsome fertility doctor.
- Identical Stranger: He is Barney's real doppelgänger.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Neil Patrick Harris stands 5'11.