Characters found in BanG Dream!.
open/close all folders
Glitter*GreenA band featured in the anime. It is made up of third years (who later graduate and go on to university) and Rimi's older sister Yuri is a member.
- Non-Player Character: They do have a few songs in Girls Band Party and appear in a few event cutscenes with voices and character models, but you can't recruit any of their members into your roster.
- Put on a Bus: They have not appeared in the second season of the anime until ep. 9 despite appearing in the first.Justified since season two takes place in the new school year and they have graduated and are presumably attending college. Yuri specifically is attending college overseas.
Rimi's older sister and the guitar vocalist of Glitter*Green.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as this to Rimi, her younger sister, and the rest of Poppin' Party.
The drummer of Glitter*Green and an inventory worker at Edogawa Gakki.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Poppin' Party initially think she's shy until she starts tackle hugging them.
- Curtains Match the Windows
- Cuteness Proximity: Hinako is particularly prone to this when she sees girls that she considers "cute."
- Glomp: Her reaction to seeing cute girls.
- The Quiet One: Rii gets her to act like this in order to keep the band's image.
The bassist of Glitter*Green and a salesperson at Edogawa Gakki.
Voiced by: Mikoi Sasaki (Japanese), Kara Greenberg (English)
The keyboardist of Glitter*Green and the student council president of Hanasakigawa.
- Clark Kenting: Kasumi, Saya, and Arisa don't realize she's the keyboardist of Glitter*Green until she takes off her glasses.
- Motherly Side Plait: Wears her hair in this style while at school.
- Odd Friendship: With Arisa. They met at a ramen shop at some point and became food acquaintances. It takes the rest of Arisa's band by surprise.
- Passing the Torch: After she graduated, she appointed/forced Rinko to be the new president of the student council.
- Punny Name: Their nicknames are puns of their first names.
- Student Council President: In the anime, Nanana is this for Hanasakigawa Girls' Academy.
Voiced by: Aya Suzaki
One of the staff at the live house CiRCLE. In Girls Band Party, she is trying to get five bands together for a multi-band event with your help.
- Ascended Extra: In GBP she seldom appears after the first few Main Story chapters and is entirely off-screen in event and band stories, but BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO gives her a good deal more screentime. However...
- Butt-Monkey: Poor Marina gets involved in a lot of scenarios where she comically gets hurt or injured in Garupa Pico thanks to the girls' antics.
- Chewing the Scenery: In PICO's first episode, she introduces the five main bands with some very dramatic flair.
- A Day in the Limelight: A much more downplayed example, however the CiRCLING event does give her some additonal focus alongside the event stars, Poppin Party. Namely, we find out that she used to be in a band herself when she was younger, and that she now works in a live house hoping to encourage other bands to follow their dreams and succeed where her band failed.
- Demoted to Extra: She only gets a very brief appearance in Season 2 thanks to the 2nd season being largely set in Galaxy's studio and not CiRCLE.
- Token Adult: Marina is the only major adult character in a cast of high school girls (and several middle schoolers).
Voiced by: Mami Koyama
The owner of the SPACE livehouse. A former musician from the band MiraculousScarlet with extremely high standards.
Voiced by: Yuka Ozaki (Japanese), Kira Vincent-Davis (English)Kasumi's younger sister. Though usually annoyed by her older sister's antics due to her more serious personality she loves and supports her just the same. In Season 2 she starts attending Haneoka Girls School after graduating from Hanasakigawa's middle school branch. She's Ako and Rokka's classmate.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Inverted. It's her older sister Kasumi who ends up being the annoying one in their relationship.
- Big Sister Worship: Played With in PICO~OHMORI~ episode 8. Asuka starts the episode talking about how annoying and slobbish Kasumi can be at home but as soon as Ako begins gushing about how amazing of a sister Tomoe is, Asuka starts talking about Kasumi in a more positive light before engaging in a Yu-Gi-Oh-styled duel of who has the cooler older sister. She doesn't backpedal on her negative remarks about Kasumi but Asuka does believe she has the coolest older sister.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Her more serious and responsible personality provides a contrast to Kasumi's more carefree and energetic nature. She's also a hardworker at school and transferred to Haneoka once she graduated from middle school because she aims to enter a good college.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: While Kasumi is happy go lucky, Asuka is more subdued and mature compared to her older sister.
- The Stoic: She has a more quiet personality compared to Kasumi and a lot of her reactions tend to be subdued.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She shares Kasumi's hair and eye colors.
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese, Bang Dream! Episode of Roselia movie duology)A vocalist for a band back in his youth, he is the primary inspiration for Yukina as a vocalist. Yukina is trying to launch her own successful career in order to convince him to play one last time.
- Biseinen: He is surprisingly handsome for a dad, as shown in the "A Song Unfinished" event in Girls Band Party.
- Like Parent, Like Child: Like Yukina, he was very serious about his music back in his prime.
- No Name Given: His given name is never told.
- So Proud of You: At the end of the "A Song Unfinished" event story, he leaves a congratulatory letter backstage for Yukina that confirms that he was there to see Roselia cover the song he sent to Yukina.
The head of a family-run flower arrangement school who expects his daughter Ran to pass the torch. He sees her band career as an impediment to their legacy, and as such the two often butt heads in the household.
- Doting Parent: After Ran convinces him that she's dedicated to Afterglow, he becomes one of these to Ran's embarrassment.
- Foil: To Yukina's father. While Yukina's father is supportive of his daughter's musical ambitions, Ran's father sees his daughter's band as a hindrance to his plans for her to inherit the school.
- No Name Given: His given name is never told.
- Passing the Torch: What he's trying to get Ran to do, much to her dismay.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He's not trying to be cruel to his daughter, but instead believes that Ran's just going through a phase. When Ran convinces him to watch Afterglow perform at an event, he decides that Ran really is serious about her band and allows her to continue with it.
An elementary schooler and Hagumi's friend. After her legs are injured in a car accident she falls into a deep depression, and Hello, Happy World! make it their mission to make her smile again.
- Troubled Child: Ever since her accident, Akari has been depressed and hasn't opened up to anyone. She also rejects every attempt that Hello, Happy World! make to get her to smile and tells them to leave her alone.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: To a certain extent regarding Akari's injuries. Akari's injuries are not that serious and have already begun to heal, but she's so afraid that she won't be able to walk that she refuses to do her physical therapy... which may actually cause her to lose the use of her legs.
A group of female bodyguards dressed in black suits and sunglasses that serves the Tsurumaki household.
- Crazy-Prepared: They're extremely loyal to Kokoro to the point that they will do anything for her to grant all of her whims and wishes.