- Actor Allusion: One of the Cover Versions performed by Afterglow is Don't say "lazy", the first ending theme of the K-On! anime. Incidentally, Mio's voice actress, Yoko Hikasa, also voices Tomoe, Afterglow's drummer.
- The Cast Showoff: The voice actresses of Poppin'Party and Roselia are all capable of playing the same instruments as their characters and do so in live concerts. Averted for the other bands, whose concert performances are strictly vocal. RAISE A SUILEN is a bit different, as at least 3 of the girls were professional musicians before becoming voice actresses.
- Cash Cow Franchise: While Bang Dream! is a more downplayed example, ESP Japan aren't holding back on the ESP/Bandori Collaboration Series. Not only have ESP actually released the guitars and basses used by Poppin' Party and Roselia in both a Bang Dream! version (more budget-minded) and a ESP Japan version (high-end, but much more expensive), they have also released two separate sets of character picks for each of the five main bands, each pick featuring one character from that band, and special Poppin' Party and Roselia signature guitar straps. And as off the end of Season 2, a Strandberg Boden-6 ROKKA is in the making, along with LAYER's Spector bass.
- And don't think for a second that drummers are safe either, as Zildjian have released a set of purple Zildjian "Roselia" Cymbals and "Roselia" drumsticks.
- Casting Gag/Relationship Voice Actor: The members of Glitter*Green are voiced by Suzuko Mimori, Sora Tokui, Izumi Kitta, and Mikoi Sasaki, who voiced the four protagonists from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes. Additionally, the four voice actors have also performed together under the unit name Milky Holmes.
- Colbert Bump: The mobile game has given a renewed interest to some anime songs due to their cover versions. Some fans are even surprised when a song they like is an OP of a popular anime they overlooked (i.e. Hikaru Nara, Silhouette, Sugar Song and Bitter Step)
- The Danza: Rimi Ushigome is voiced by Rimi Nishimoto.
- Also Reona Nyubara/PAREO, who is voiced by Kurachi Reo.
- Defictionalization: Tae, Kasumi, and Rimi's instruments have real-life replicas made in collaboration with ESP Guitars, along with other merchandise.
- Sayo and Lisa's instruments also got the same treatment.
- Fan Nickname:
- The franchise has come to be called BanDori.
- Poppin' Party is called PopiPa by fans and Pastel*Palettes is called PasuPare; Hello, Happy World! also gets HaroHapi, but that's used in canon as well. In Japan Afterglow is sometimes called Afuro/Afro, but it isn't common in the English-speaking fandom.
- Kokoro's wide-mouthed smile, large eyes and penchant for dragging her band mates and/or companions into her shenanigans have fans calling her Gudakokoro. No word yet on if she gets the stretchy arm.
- Some songs also have Fan Nicknames as well, such as "Chomama" for "I-I Never Said Love!" and "Guren" for "Guren no Yumiya".
- Kasumeme and Hagumeme for Kasumi and Hagumi, respectively due to their "cat ear" and "I look like Rin Hoshizora" memes.
- Miss(uta) Bushido for Eve due to her Catchphrase.
- Yukinya for Yukina because of her quirky love for cats in spite of her usual demeanor. Likewise, Kasumi is also called either "Catsumi" or "Kasunya" for her cat-eared hairstyle.
- Name's the Same:
- The Other Darrin:
- Yuki Nakashima took over for Yurika Endo for the role of Lisa starting in May 2018, owing to Endo's retirement from the entertainment industry due to health-related concerns
- Owing to hearing loss experienced from performing live, Satomi Akesaka stepped down from the role of Rinko Shirokane. Kanon Shizaki was announced as Rinko's new voice actress in November 2018.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: Bandori (バンドリ).
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Poppin' Party member, Ayaka Ōhashi, and former Roselia member, Satomi Akesaka, previously starred in Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono and voiced Koharu Tanaka and Hina Satou, respectively. They also formed their own band with their fellow castmates.
- This is a weird case where it's not about the history of the voice actors, but expect any cover song originally sang by Nana Mizuki to be sung by Roselia, due to lead singer Yukina, voiced by Aiba Aina, sounding very similar to Mizuki.
- Word of God: The reason why Argonavis is made as an alternate universe band is due to that Takaaki Kidani (Bushiroad's President) refuses to acknowledge any males in the main series other than their fathers.
Trivia / BanG Dream!