open/close all folders
Bikini Bottom is located near an undersea fault line.This would explain why there is so much Chaos Architecture in the show; there are many underwater earthquakes which, while not big enough to cause wide scale damage, do have a habit of moving locations around further or closer to each other depending on the episode, such as how the Krusty Krab sometimes is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Spongebob's house, while in other episodes such as Employee of the Month, it takes a whole morning to reach it, even while running.
SpongeBob SquarePants takes place in the 1970's/1980'sIn the movie, SpongeBob says he has been Employee of the Month for 374 months. That's around 31 years, and considering the date the movie was made, it could be possible that the first episode ("Help Wanted", where he first got his job) took place in 1973. That explains why the shell phones are as big as normal phones (and why the normal phones look so dated), why the TVs look the way they do, and why the other technology isn't quite up-to-date.
- Of course, that brings these episodes into question:
- Wet Painters, which features a computer which can be from no earlier than the mid-to-late 80's at least. Then again, this episode just might take place after some of the post-movie ones.
- Sleepy Time, which says SpongeBob's birthyear was 1986. Of course, that might just be his subconcious trying to tell SpongeBob how babyish he's acting.
Bikini Bottom is the bottom of Bikini AtollWhy is the show's setting called Bikini Bottom? Because it's the sea bottom of Bikini Atoll, the atomic bomb test site. This would explain a lot.
- Word of God confirmed this.
- It gives a Darker and Edgier tone to the show if you think about it too hard.
- So how do you fit Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in?
- A couple of the natives that were still there when the bomb went off. The nuclear energy mutated them into water-breathing superheros.
- Then the IJLSA were natives, too?
- Of course. They were all a family who got caught up in the blast during a get-together. The Elastic Wasteband had just finished a huge helping for his size, Miss-Appear was hiding under the table for some reason, Professor Magma was smacked in the face by a chunk of molten rock (or his bowl of chili) just before the nuclear energy hit, the Quickster (seen in the episode where the SpongeBob gang wore the super-costumes) was running from the blast, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were a father/son team scuba diving with some marine life and forgot their family relation afterward.
- Similarly, the fish villains were wildlife who happened to be nearby, The Dirty Bubble was an algae-filled bubble, and Man Ray was with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy when the blast hit and hates them because they shoved a stingray in his face as they tried to get away.
- Ain't that a Shout-Out to Fantastic Four?
- Yes. Or the X-Men. Or anything else involving mutants. Either way it's a great theory.
- Maybe all of the residents of Bikini Bottom were once normal fish, who were mutated from the nuclear radiation, just like Godzilla.
- "Pest of the West", "Dunces and Dragons", "SB-129", and "Ugh" joss that one.
- Maybe, for them, time is faster than ours. 60 years for us is 6,000 years for them or something. This might have to do with the radiation.
- Or only the ones with superpowers were the results of radiation.
- Unless they had nuclear testing in the time of the trilobites, "SB-129" definitely shows humanoid sponges and starfish in our version of prehistoric times.
- A couple of the natives that were still there when the bomb went off. The nuclear energy mutated them into water-breathing superheros.
- What about the Flying Dutchman? Perhaps toxic waste that became sentient over time and embodied itself by using the old legend of a disembodied pirate? He is green and glowy...
- Perhaps this takes place in the Adventure Time universe. The bomb test? Precursor to the mutagenic Mushroom Bomb that spawned the Land Of Ooo and the Lich. Or possibly the bomb hit really close to Bikini Atoll(hey, if Adventure Time has Shelby the sentient worm, it could uplift fish). Adding to this, Spongebob was Simon Petrikov's bath sponge.
- How does this explain the Bubble Bowl, then? Is there really a football stadium in Bikini Atoll?
SpongeBob and pals live in prehistoric times.
- Most of the cast of the show is just many ancient species that evolved into our current ones (or, possibly monkeys, which is why they seem so humanoid). They found some elements like metal underwater and used them to build various things, and no humans have ever been seen on the show—even when the characters went above water in one episode, all they saw was what could be considered prehistoric wildlife. The Movie takes place thousands of years later, where many characters, like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, have died out, and humans are just evolving. The man SpongeBob and Patrick found at the beach was actually named David Hasselhoff — Rule of Perception just had him wear a swimsuit and look like the actual David Hasselhoff.
- Jossed. Remember the episode "Frankendoodle"? That artist at sea who dropped the pencil? He was a human!
- Annother joss. There are several examples in many episodes of hints that the show takes place in the present.A lot of live-action sequences in the series do not reveal any prehistoric elements, as well as the many live-action scenes featuring fully developed humans in a present day environment. Plus, SB-129 and SpongeBob B.C. (Before Comedy) showed the caveman ancestors of SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward. Also, how could all the characters stay the same for over a thousand years in the movie? All I could see why that would make sense is SpongeBob's millions of Employee of the Month awards at the near start, but that wasn't explained or mentioned any further. Plus, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy were perfectly developed humans already, so how would they even be there if the show is in prehistoric events? Also, the year settings for some episodes were near this generation.
The show takes place around fifty years in the future.In the episode "20,000 Patties Under the Sea" (2007), the thing in the abyss mentions that it had its last meal 79 years ago. Then, moments later, it mentions that the Krabby Patty tastes better than a sewage line back in the '76. Assuming it isn't referring to the 1876, that would mean that the show's setting would be about 50 years in the future.
- In SB-129, there is a calendar in the background of The Future. The year says March 6, 4017. If The Future really is in exactly 2000 years, then the "present" was...is...will be in 2017. Wrap your head around that.
- Running with this theme, Goo Lagoon is the result of unexpected spreading of the BP oil spill.
- So, since we know it's set at Bikini Atoll....is it saying a bomb is going to misfire?
Bikini Bottom is in fact Purgatory...and SpongeBob and Patrick are the managers of this Purgatory.
- Alternatively, it serves as Purgatory for some of the residents, and Hell for others. The latter group is comprised of Squidward, Plankton, Gary, and Mrs. Puff. Think about it- Squidward was a Jerkass or worse) in life, so now he is in his own personal Hell where he is constantly physically or mentally hurt by SpongeBob and Patrick. Mr. Krabs is also a manager of Purgatory/Hell, and his job is to make both Squidward and Plankton's lives miserable. Plankton was a master thief in life, so now he is there to fail one attempted theft for every successful one he perpetrated while he was alive. He finally runs of crimes to make up for during The Finale. I've no clue what Gary did, but he's been tormented by Mr. Krabs, tormented by SpongeBob, especially in that episode where SpongeBob bought that "Mr. Puffy Fluffy" pet, etc. He and Squidward also seem to sympathize with each other over the stupid things SpongeBob causes to both of them. Mrs. Puff is self explanatory.
- Maybe some of the denizens are Sonic Characters.
- Sandy: Chip/Light Gaia. Sandy is The Ace, Chip is a god
- Gary: Emerl. Both very inteliggent despite being mute and treated as a pet.
- Mermaid Man: E-102 Gamma. Both have lots of projectile weapons
- Barnacle Boy: Mighty The Armadillo. Both are put upon and forgotten.
- Dennis: Mephiles The Dark.
- Man Ray: Nack/ Fang
- Dirty Bubble: E-101 beta. Arch enemy of Mermaidman/Gamma.
- Maybe some of the denizens are Sonic Characters.
Bikini Bottom takes place somewhere either on the Pacific coast or on the Gulf of Mexico coast somewhere in the distant future.
- It could go either way. There is a tar pit that was shown in "Ditch'n" that could have either come from the BP oil spill or when prehistoric dinasours walked on what used to be earth before it became Bikini Bottom.
- But it could also be the Pacific because of the moive. It appeared the Shell City was either Austrailia, right by the California coast, or near area where Mexico and California share a boarder.
- Word of God says that it's under Bikini Atoll, which is in the middle of the Pacific.
- It could go either way. There is a tar pit that was shown in "Ditch'n" that could have either come from the BP oil spill or when prehistoric dinasours walked on what used to be earth before it became Bikini Bottom.
Bikini Bottom is an official part of the Marshall Islands.That means that SpongeBob and co. are citizens of the Marshall Islands. This also explains why they use dollar as a currency, since the Real Life Marshall Islands country also uses the US dollar as their currency.
- That depends on if Bikini Atoll is part of the Marshall Islands
- Bikini Atoll is indeed part of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, which would explain why the characters speak English, as it (as well as Marshallese) is an official language of the Marshall Islands.
Bikini Bottom is the former capital city of a much larger ocean country of the same nameNotice how Bikini Bottom apparently has a national anthem (during the segment where Plankton in a Krabs robot tries to pry the formula out of Spongebob), but major government offices are not by default located there (Spongebob wonders if "the president" is in town during a police chase and most of the Neptune incarnations' residences are implied to not be near the area, implying neither of them is usually there), and has a number of distant historical objects and events that took place in the approximate area (the cleanliness war reenactment and the statue of Spongebob's western ancestor buried beneath years of jellyfish wastes), the presence of many things that would likely fit better in a city of decent size and age (the numerous attractions like the Goo Lagoon beach, multiple large banks, Glove World/Glove Universe, several distinct stores, the fancy ship-in-a-bottle themed restaurant, museums, gathering areas, the Mermalair, though these all could show up individually and the last one just has to be in a convenient location to stop supervillains while still making sense), plus the presence of different cities like Rock Bottom and Tentacle Acres and culturally themed areas (shown in the pet store search for Snail Bites, either the Russian or artic pet store is in the icy wastes shown in the episode where Plankton sends everyone on a race to hold a distraction) and other decent travel distances without anything remotely mentioning international travel or borders, besides the county line in the movie separating the area closer to Shell City, and of course the numerous large roads traversed by bus.
- This all leads me to believe Bikini Bottom is just a larger and older and former capitol kind of city in an oceanic network.
- While the country is still named after it they decided to relocate government due to safety issues like fishing, the nearby volcanic activity, relatively close proximity to dangerous areas like the near-to-Shell-City county with its high crime rate and fish-catching raids by the cyclops-figure, supervillain crime (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy appear to have stopped the very real attacks by their rogues gallery several times before going into partial retirement, and at some point more superheroes were needed), dangerous ruins (Two of the videogames show an area where multiple shipwrecks occured, and a submarine and radioactive waste and a hibernating abyss-inhabiting monster are shown to be just sitting there for who knows how long in the show), hostile environment (Sea-bears and a sea-rhinoceros roam the streets unimpeded at one point, plus the within-catapult-range jungle and occasional large-scale weather episodes), and such madness.
Bikini Bottom takes place somewhere either on the Pacific coast or on the Gulf of Mexico coast somewhere in the distant future.
- It could go either way. There is a tar pit that was shown in "Ditch'n" that could have either come from the BP oil spill or when prehistoric dinasours walked on what used to be earth before it became Bikini Bottom.
- Word of God says that it's under Bikini Atoll, which is in the middle of the Pacific
- It could go either way. There is a tar pit that was shown in "Ditch'n" that could have either come from the BP oil spill or when prehistoric dinasours walked on what used to be earth before it became Bikini Bottom.
The sand war scenes in the episode "Sand Castles in the Sand" is nothing but a representation of SpongeBob and Patrick's imaginations during their sexual roleplay.
- Just watch the episode with this theory in mind. There are many, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY Ho Yay moments.
- For example, the part where SpongeBob bends over and pulls the frisbee out of his butt, and before that it looked like it was his bulging crotch in his pants. There are a few others I don't remember now, just like there are in most post-movie episodes.
- Anyway, they are both bored when they have nothing to do but sit in the sand, and so they begin to build sand castles.
- It starts out realistic, but then it seems to become more and more fantastic and seemingly imaginary.
- So, they're bored and forced to sit around. You do the math.
- The imagined sand castle segments turn into a war, with SpongeBob and Patrick against each other. Aggressive, dominating sex play is not uncommon with male couples, so it makes sense that it'd get kind of rough and they'd end up in pain in the end.
- I think this an incredibly broken theory. Wordof God never said they were even homosexuals...
- Word of God never said they WEREN'T homosexuals either
- Word of God did state they weren't homosexual. It was stated they were asexual, so this is jossed.
The episode "Procrastination" where SpongeBob had an assignment on writing an essay is actually Mrs. Puff's revenge plotOk, here goes like this. Mrs. Puff knew SpongeBob was dumb and perfectionist, so she thought an essay would be the perfect way of shattering his psyche. Before, Mrs. Puff told everyone that there is no essay, and when SpongeBob came, everyone pretended that there was an essay. To make the plot more successful, Mrs. Puff cancelled all classes following the essay writing under the guise of a teachers' conference.
- It is implied that this was a case in episode itself: if you watch the episode, look around from 00:20 to 00:40, you will notice that Mrs. Puff is giggling while giving the assingment and when she specifically says that essay was to be written next day and she said that there should be no goofing off, she looked suspiciously happy and sported a Slasher Smile/Psychotic Smirk while saying it. Especially when she said no goofing off, knowing that SpongeBob is a perfectionist and would not goof off if he was told to.
"Greasy Buffoons", "One Coarse Meal", and "The Cent Of Money" compromise a story arc.The episodes have a similar plot. Mr. Krabs going over the Moral Event Horizon and not jumping back like he did in "The Krusty Sponge" and other episodes. The Cent Of Money causes even SpongeBob to turn against him.
- It would be sort of Odd for them to make Krabs a villain and then make him a good guy in the movie, unless the theory about Krabs suffering a Disney Villain Death in the true finale actually happens.
- If "Greasy Buffoons" and "One Coarse Meal" are part of a story arc, then "The Other Patty" represents the end of this arc, as SpongeBob (sort of) rekindles the friendship between Plankton and Krabs.
The episode "I Had an Accident" is the true canon ending, and since then, all of the episodes were imagined by SpongeBob.In the episode, SpongeBob decides that the only safe place for him is inside, alone. He makes imaginary friends out of a penny, a used napkin, and a potato chip. After a while, SpongeBob's mind starts to break down and he merges the identities of his old friends into those of his imaginary playthings (explaining their flanderization). He also gets more of said playthings to represent the other characters. SpongeBob eventually hid somewhere in his house to escape from people trying to come in looking for him, and is presumed dead. SpongeBob's friends mourned him and eventually went on with their lives, as real people tend to do. Gary is also dead because SpongeBob neglected to feed him, preferring to think of Gary as one of his imaginary friends and ignoring the real one (though, Gary's death does inspire the part of his old mind that still exists to play out the plot of "Where's Gary?"). Eventually, SpongeBob even assigns his own identity to an inanimate object, which is why he was flanderized along with all the others. And The Movie takes place after Patrick, in a bout of depression, revisits SpongeBob's old house to reminisce, only to discover SpongeBob still alive, but insane. He brings SpongeBob to his senses, leading into the plot of The Movie, after he has decided to go out again and continue his life, and revealed to everyone that he isn't dead. Though, he did have to get a new snail; he got one that looked exactly like Gary and named it Gary so that he wouldn't have to tell anyone about the original Gary's demise.
- Waitasec, though, Gary has previously shown he's a bit of a genius, but just can't communicate to members of Bikini Bottom that can talk. He's clearly smart enough to be able to escape and find food. (Most pets are able to do this, anyways, even without being intelligent.)
- Maybe Gary was adopted by someone else after he left. SpongeBob replaced Gary because the person who adopted Gary moved far away.
SpongeBob Meets the Strangler was a Batman Gambit by SpongeBob.SpongeBob knew he couldn't find a bodyguard, so he pretended to hire a disguised Strangler. He almost gave it away when he said "Don't mention it, Strangler! I mean bodyguard."
"Best Day Ever" was about SpongeBob doing exstacyIn the long version of the song, he mentions a great deal of things that only a doped up person would do or say.
1."Just spent an hour tying my shoe".
- He has no dexterity, due to drugs.
- Almost like some fear of clouds was clouding his veiw of the day.
- Is there really anything else that needs to be said, about a guy who comminicates with sand.
- Squidward never has any fans so to have a full house, and an applause, has to be within the mind of a junkie.
X, Coke, Heroine, Weed, 'Shrooms. You choose, point is he was higher than a Homerun on the moon What about "sea"weed ?
"Just One Bite" is a parody or at least a reference of how kids get other kids to do drugs.I'm not ripping off anything off the "Krabby patties are made of Cocaine theory". Despite it being to true and more apparently very obscene for Nickolodeon's taste I won't contradict it. I got that idea when I first watched that show. Squidward was the stoic protagonist and SpongeBob is the antagonist. After the episode Squidward must of went to rehab, because how else did he go back to hating Krabby Patties?
- After his major O Ding on Krabby Patties and subsequent exploding, Squidward probably decided he'd had more than enough of the things.
"Karate Choppers" was not a metaphor for anythingAlternatively, SpongeBob should have caused more of an uproar when he attacked that customer. And Mr. Krabs.
- Sorry but you're not making any sense here. Can you elaborate a lot more or at least elaborate at all.
- In other words, Freud Was Wrong.
- The hot sauce drop was probably the results of SB getting stoned the night before.
Episodes "Chum Bucket Supreme", "Chum Caverns" are possibly Author's Saving ThrowIn episodes "Plankton's Regular", Plankton gets one single customer, but Mr. Krabs won't allow him to have one and in the end the said costumer didn't like Plankton's food in the first place and Mr. Krabs laughed at Plankton's misery, but after that episode there were episodes like "Chum Bucket Supreme", where Plankton gets a lot of costumers, but Krabs is not so antagonistic as he was in "Plankton's Regular" and in "Chum Caverns" where Plankton also gets a lot of costumers, Mr. Krabs is not as antagonistic as he would be in "Plankton's Regular". While both episodes end with Plankton losing, the fact remains that Plankton gets a lot of costumers and Mr. Krabs wasn't outright evil like in other episodes. In "Greasy Buffons", Plankton also got a lot of customers and while Mr. Krabs was villainous, he still didn't want to make Plankton as miserable as he tried to do in "Plankton's regular". The writers probably realized that in "Plankton's Regular" Mr. Krabs was too mean and Plankton's misery was too cruel, so they intentionally made Plankton to get a lot of costumers in later episodes to compensate for his misery in "Plankton's Regular" and they made Mr. Krabs nicer in those episodes, after realizing that he was too cruel in that episode, they intended for Plankton to lose, but due to his shortcomings and not of torment from Mr.Krabs, so they have satisfied their viewers: have bad guy lose, but still throwing him bone and have Mr. Krabs remain a hero and not outright evil.
Episodes after Plankton's Regular where Mr. Krabs is also villainous are another possible Author's Saving Throw and possible DeconstructionThe same troper continues the idea above. If you noticed up until "Plankton's Regular", Spongebob was an extreme doormat to Mr. Krabs, but after that episode Spongebob began to question Mr. Krabs' methods and objected to his evil schemes and is disgusted by Mr. Krabs's behavior in later episodes where Mr. Krabs is a villain. After "Plankton's Regular" came "The Krabby Kronicle" where Mr. Krabs forces Spongebob to write lies about his friends in newspaper and those lies ruins their lifes and forces Spongebob to work to death on the newspaper. Spongebob becomes disgusted by this and writes a story about Mr. Krabs and his cruelty and how he forced him to work to death and writes lies about his friends. In "No Hat For Pat", he is disgusted by Mr. Krabs treatment of Patrick, in "Greasy Buffons" he is disgusted by Krabs, who was selling rotten and poisonous greasy food for profit and it hurt Patrick, in "One Coarse Meal" Spongebob was disgusted by Mr. Krabs dressing as Pearl and scaring Plankton and laughing when he found out that Plankton was going to commit suicide because of him and Spongebob tells it to Plankton and tells Mr. Krabs own secret fear and he was absolutely furious at Mr. Krabs in "The Cent Of Money" where he dragged him around town, continuously injuring Gary with the bombardment of magnetically attracted coins, all the while stealing from people. Finally, when we saw how injured Gary had became, Krabs didn't care and said he looked fine and went to attract a wave of coins before Spongebob arrived, crushing Krabs into hospitalization. The writers probably realized that Spongebob was also too mean in "Plankton's Regular" and wanted to make Spongebob a nicer character and not to make him as evil as Krabs. Keep in mind that Spongebob is the main character and we should see everything he does as good things and writers realized that Spongebob was just as much of a villain as Mr. Krabs in Plankton's Regular and didn't want to make children's favorite hero a villainous follower of his Jerkass boss, so all the objections and disgust from Spongebob of Mr. Krabs' tactics in following episodes is a compensation for his actions in "Plankton's Regular" an attempt to make Spongebob a clear hero and not an extreme doormat and make him more likable and heroic and to satisfy their viewers. Later episodes like "One Coarse Meal", "The Krabby Kronicle", "No Hat For Pat", :The Cent Of Money" and "Greasy Buffons" are possibly [[Deconstruction deconstructions]] of Mr. Krabs's evil, showing that Mr. Krabs is so evil and cruel, that his evil ruins everyone's lives around him and that even his best frycook and loyal friend is disgusted by his acts. The writers could have made Mr. Krabs nicer, but instead wanted to show that Mr. Krabs' pursuit of money and his treatment of Plankton has turned him into a worse person and his actions ruin everyone's lives and even his own loyal friend and frycook hates his behavior. The writers wanted to show the consenquences of Mr. Krabs' behavior and after "One Coarse Meal", possibly the most hated episode of the series, they realized that they made Mr. Krabs too mean and wanted to make him much nicer, so Mr. Krabs becoming much nicer in recent episodes is another Author's Saving Throw to make Mr. Krabs likable and show his nice side, as is Mr. Krabs finally getting karma in "The Cent Of Money" (crushed by a tidal wave of money) and "No Hat For Pat" (clothes ripped off). "Plankton's Regular" could be considered the turning point of the series, due to this theory and the one above.
Every episode of SpongeBob takes place in an alternate universe.This would explain the complete lack of continuity.
- Jossed in "New Leaf".
The episode Selling Out is a commentary on the show's changes.
- Mr. Krabs represents Stephen Hillenberg
- Carl represents Paul Tibbit
- Howard Blandy and his cronies represent the Nickelodeon executives
- Spongebob and Squidward represent either the fans or the voice actors.
- The Krabby O'Monday's represents the post-movie seasons.
"One Coarse Meal" is displayed as a Mook Horror ShowHere we have Mr. Krabs torturing Plankton for seventeen days by stalking him in a whale costume. Plankton is driven to the point where he refuses to leave his post and even when he attempts to get himself ran over on the road. Complete with a nightmare about being chased, swallowed, and even digested by Pearl prior to this.
- Did the writers read about this trope and make an episode of it?
"A Pal for Gary" was actually just a bad dream"A Pal for Gary" is one episode you would never want to see again (and if you haven't seen it, don't bother looking). It left many fans outraged and embittered, mainly due to SpongeBob's stupidity being flanderized beyond all belief at that time.
- I say this event didn't really happen. Rather, it was a glimpse of a nightmare from Gary, who feared about the consequences of SpongeBob getting another pet, as well as his owner's naive tendencies.
- Not just that, but the ending is all a lie. He said that he would always take Gary to work, but in later episodes, he doesn't. In the movie, which is canonically the ending, he doesn't. At least, the ending was just a bad dream.
- New theory: Gary had this nightmare sometime after running away from home in "Have You Seen This Snail?". SpongeBob is particularly neglectful (at least until later) in the episode; his obsession over the Dirty Bubble challenge manifested itself into the form of Puffy Fluffy in the mind of Gary.
"Sleepy Time" and "Suds" are part of the same story arcThe events of "Sleepy Time" were a surreal fever dream that took place when Sponge was being taken to the hospital. This explains why "Sleepy Time" is slightly "off" and people's actions seem out-of-character and antagonistic.
"Doing Time" took place after "Demolition Doofus"In "Doing Time", Mrs. Puff said this quote after being incarcerated:
- "Mrs. Puff: Ok, you can do this, Puff. You can get through this without losing your sanity. Oh, that's a road we don't want to go down again."
Spongebob: You're Fired takes place in Season 1, shortly after Help WantedMr. Krabs underestimates Spongebob's usefulness and overestimates his own cooking skills, meaning this probably takes place before that episode where Mr. Krabs bred the appetizer monster and realizes he's a terrible chef. Squidward's a jerk but not overly so, and even goes out of his way to save Spongebob from those restaurant mascots, and isn't shown to hate Spongebob as much as he does in later episodes ("I hate the smell of burnt Krabby Patties even more than you") meaning this must take place before all those Squidward torture porns that depict Spongebob going out of his way to ruin Squidward's life. Patrick as dumb in this episode as in most post-movie ones (he, surprisingly, knows the meaning of "fired" and tries helping Spongebob out of his slump rather than trying to make things worse like in other episodes), and this might even take place right after "Tea at the Treedome" since Sandy doesn't seem to have a lot of interaction with Patrick in this and labels him a "freeloader". And Spongebob himself doesn't go out of his way to try and annoy anyone, rather the annoyance comes because he's so depressed from being fired. Also, Spongebob acts as if this is the first time he's been fired even though he already has been in "Karate Choppers", meaning it might take place even before that.
"Just One Bite" is a metaphor for ChristianityWhy? Because Spongebob is seen as an angel, but squidward says he has no soul, before showing a hell like world. This implies Squidward is an atheist as well.
There existed an alternate ending to "Band Geeks" that never aired.To be specific, an ending where Squidward's band played well at the Bubble Bowl for all of three seconds before everything fell into disaster, causing the crowd to boo and Squilliam to smugly mock Squidward enough to push him into a depression. The episode ends with Squidward huddled up in bed looking miserable, before Spongebob and the band show up at his house to play music for him in an attempt to cheer him up, but their bad playing only makes things worse for him. As it turned out, the animation staff vastly preferred the ending we all know, and the alternate ending is never talked about, though the idea of Squidward's efforts in trying to outdo Squilliam, only to end in failure was re-done for "Squilliam Returns."
This show is not gonna be as happy as it was starting in season 10. There's gonna be a new episode that starts a new story arc.In Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean, SpongeBob Square Pants wakes up after having a dream about his last moment with his father Harold. Once he arrives at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, he realizes she is early because the clocks in her home were set forward by an hour. She meets with other people at the school who arrived early, including Sandy Cheeks, the head of the school's archery club; Squidward tentacles, a new member of the archery club; Freddy Tentacles, Squidward's older brother; Poppy Puff, one of the schoolteachers; Sheldon Plankton, the student council president; and an unknown red-haired fish fixing a heater for Plankton. After school, SpongeBob performs a summoning ritual and summons a Servant of the Patrick class, much to his displeasure, as he hoped to summon a Servant of the Saber class. Patrick is initially dissatisfied with SpongeBob, who uses one of his Command Seals to order Patrick to listen to all of his orders. While the order is worded vaguely and therefore pointless, Patrick admits that he now realizes her skill as a mage. The next day, SpongeBob skips school and shows Archer around the city, revealing to him that he has no wish for the Holy Grail, only a desire to win. The following day, SpongeBob senses a magical barrier being set up at school. As night falls, SpongeBob attempts to destroy the barrier, but is then confronted by another Servant, identified as being of the Lancer class, who engages Patrick in a sword-fight. As they battle, Patrick correctly deduces that Lancer is in fact the ancient Irish hero St. Uncle Patrick. The battle is witnessed by a student, whom Lancer pursues and mortally wounds before fleeing. Finding the student's body, SpongeBob identifies him as the same red-haired boy who was helping Plankton, and decides to use magic to revive him. After leaving, SpongeBob and Patrick realize that Lancer's Master will sense that the student has survived and have Lancer finish the job. They head over to the suburbs to save the student, only to be attacked by another Servant, whom SpongeBob identifies as belonging to the Saber class.
Squidward is a hexapusIn reality, it's basically an octopus with six legs (as a rare mutation). In the show's universe, however, they could be treated as a whole subspecies of octopus. This would explain the different types of octopi seen in "Walking Small", "Sailor Mouth" and "Slimy Dancing" that look completely different from Squidward's kind.
SpongeBob is on DrugsBut not narcotics or anything like that (at least not at first); I mean pain medication. Sometime during the events of I Had an Accident, SpongeBob had to take pain medication because his butt still hurt from the sports accident. He may have overdosed, driving him crazy and make him secluded himself in his own home with no friends by a potato chip, a penny, and a used napkin. Eventually, he became addicted, and had to try harder by getting harder drugs, which would drive him so crazy that he would end up acting very stupid/psychotic. Whenever he was like his pre-Flanderization personality, he was sober. But he would eventually go back to the drugs once again. Before the movie, he had to be taken to rehab for a few years, and eventually he began to make a slow recovery. Although mostly back to normal, some parts couldn't be fixed...
- The same could apply to Patrick, who got injured a few times before, and Mr. Krabs, who might have gotten some sort of drug therapy in "Born Again Krabs."
- That might also explain why the police are acting worse; they're just getting more and more suspicious and their difficult work on difficult drug cases is stressing them out.
- Then, in "Just One Bite", SpongeBob puts weed into a Krabby Patty and tries to feed it to Squidward. SpongeBob starts adding weed to the secret formula, thus establishing that SpongeBob wants to spread drugs around the world.
- And, also, Mr. Krabs got hooked on drugs, so he decided to start taking other ones, and slipping heroin into the patties and in "Greasy Buffoons", he slipped crank into the grease, and that's why the customers couldn't stop eating the grease.
Patrick is an autistic savantThis is noticeable in the earlier episodes at least. He typically behaves seemingly idiotically, but is quite articulate on a few subjects. He is shown to play the drums quite well as well. Savants typically struggle with simple tasks, which is the case for Patrick.
Spongebob has been through many traumatic experiences in his lifeAlmost every flashback or references towards his life involves something negative or truly discussing situations (e.i. his own cousin abusing him, having pent-up rivalry with Bubble Bass, etc). Note that, giving the fact he still goes to school and has freckles, we never once saw his parents living with him at his house. He gets crazy, sometimes even psychotic whenever the slightest of things went wrong for him or when someone outclass him at something.
- If what you're saying is true, this could explain the vast levels of jerkass, Troll attitude, and his Stepford Smiler charade.
Squidward is one of those architect people from Afterlife.
- Sandy is the angel advisor, the devil advisor is on vacation, leaving Squidward to design evil himself. Which is why everyone dislikes Squidward because he had to make it all purgatory to fit it all in. Certain places fluctuate between its normal earth-ish state, and heaven and hell, Depending on the Writer. Some notably fluxing places are large cliffs (Hell/normal, such as Squidward falling off with an explosion, and Mrs. Puff getting stuck in a fall sequence), the Krusty Krab areas (Highly unstable to the point every part is experienced at once, resulting in varied Eldritch Abominations and weird moments), and some other places.
Patrick has a light case of anterograde amnesia.
- Anterograde amnesia is the inability to recall recent or instant events. In "Life of Crime", Patrick forgets that he ate a whole candy bar three seconds after doing so. In "I'm With Stupid", he didn't even realise that his 'parents' were strangers until his real parents showed up. And lastly, in "The Card" and "Tentacle-Vision", he flat out states that he doesn't know how stupid he is. Maybe living under a giant rock that has been shown to practically mutilate others by it's weight seems to have had some effect on Patrick's brain.
SpongeBob has Asperger's Syndrome.
- SpongeBob is naive, but also smart in ways not even he understands. He doesn't pick up Squidward's subtle body language that says he doesn't like him. Everything must remain the same (his morning routine in "Missing Identity"). He takes everything far too literally, as shown when Squidward say's he's not ready to go yet and SpongeBob asks literally every second. This is one of the few WMG this troper (Taco Wiz) considers to be canon.
- As someone who has Asperger's Syndrome, this troper can confirm that Spongebob is very similar to an aspie- and possibly a more accurate representation of an aspie than most actual aspie characters.
- That would explain most of his actions in the episode "Ripped Pants." In which he tries to get people to like him by being funny, but ends up just being annoying, and then full-blown offensive.
SpongeBob has another (higher paying) job
- According to the episode "Squid On Strike" SpongeBob refused pay because "grilling is his passion". It was also said on the episode "Big Pink Loser" SpongeBob had to pay Mr. Krabs to work at the Krusty Krab.
- Multiple episodes show SpongeBob having a day off instead of Squidward despite the fact that he's a more valuable employee.
- I would guess either he and Patrick still selling Chocolate bars (mostly to Tom) or some fortune from being a professional Jelly Fisher.
- Alternatively Gary has the higher paying Job and SpongeBob is living off of him.
- Well, Gary does pay the electric bills...
- I think it's a combination of all 3 which would explain how he has such a big library.
- Looking at SpongeBob's library I'd say he has a lot of money, he's just bored. This theory fits with the "professional Jelly fisher one."
- I've always assumed that his PARENTS were rich enough to fund the pineapple home, and he just works at the Krusty Krab for pleasure.
- SpongeBob has money left over from the episode where he and Patrick found a pearl. Although he spent all the pearl money, he found a ginormous diamond.
- SpongeBob knows about his fame, and demanded profits, to continue being a ridiculous idiot. Hence the time where there were no new SpongeBob episodes, and they had to play a 100 episode marathon. They caved.
- "Oh, it's just a $500 Bill. This will never go with my collection!"... I think he probably has a lot of money...
- Or this is just him being stupid.
- Combining several suggestions, Gary has a high-paying job, Spongebob is still selling chocolate (mostly to Tom), he is a professional jellyfisher, and he's living off inherited money. He works at the Krusty Krab because it's fun.
- Additionally his Bubble stand (from the episode of the same name) actually ended up being a successful business.
- ...God dammit.
- Alternatively, SpongeBob has been shown to have an obscenely large amount of awards, enough to fill a large closet and have it spill out to fill the living room. Assuming that some of those had fairly large cash prizes, Spongebob may well have several thousand somewhere.
- He saved some of the money from the Pretty Patty stand. Not all of it was buried, shredded, burned, or given away.
- In the episode "Krusty Towers" Mr. Krabs said that spongebob and Patrick should go to Medical school (because that's where the money is). In the episode "suction cup symphony" and "dying for pie" spongebob is performing surgery. Spongebob is a doctor.
- Doubtable. In "Suds," Spongebob gets very sick and he does a poor job of taking care of himself, and is thick enough to ask Patrick to help him get better. Patrick basically tortures the poor guy and Spongebob doesn't see anything wrong with it. In the episode Spongebob has also apparently never been to the doctor and he's terrified because he doesn't know what to expect other than the scary stories Patrick tells him. So... yeah. Spongebob probably isn't a doctor.
- Only if you have a preexisting (fanon) chronology that says suds came out after Krusty Towers.
- In "The Bully," Spongebob fantasizes about being a secretary. Maybe his goal in life is to have a bunch of different jobs to keep things interesting? Plus, the guy is really good at math, maybe he's an accountant or tax guy or something?
- Maybe he volunteers as Sandy's guinea pig for experiments and she pays him?
Each of the characters represent the Seven Deadly Sins
- Sandy = Lust — She's obsessed with karate, and we all know what that's a metaphor for in the world of SpongeBob. Also, some people notice she has a bit of an appeal.
- Patrick = Gluttony — Big Eater.
- Mr. Krabs = Greed — In love with money.
- Mrs. Puff = Sloth — Hates her job and enjoys doing nothing.
- Plankton = Envy — Jealous of Mr. Krabs' success.
- Squidward = Wrath — Hates his neighbors and the world in general.
- SpongeBob = Pride — Always tries to be perfect and gets upset over minor details.
- SpongeBob is Satan? (Satan = demon of pride)
- Yes. It dovetails nicely with the Grand Unifying Guesses theory that SpongeBob is responsible for the death of all non-evil characters in the multiverse, ever.
- And the theory that Spongebob is the real villain.
- This theory was even implied in the DVD commentary for one of the early episodes.
- Yes. It dovetails nicely with the Grand Unifying Guesses theory that SpongeBob is responsible for the death of all non-evil characters in the multiverse, ever.
- Squidward could easily qualify as Pride too.
- No, Squidward is Satan, look below, he fits all the sins.
- Lust: He's got TENTACLES for Dirk Pitt's sake! Plus, the episode "That's No Lady".
- Gluttony: See "Just One Bite".
- Greed: In the episode "Artist Unknown", he dreams of showering in gold coins.
- Sloth: Hates his job and enjoys doing nothing. Come to think of it, he embodies most of the deadly sins, barring Lust, Avarice, and Gluttony.
- Envy: In the Dork Age, I'd think he would be envious of Spongebob ("Squid Wood", "Choir Boys")
- Wrath: He hates Spongebob.
- Pride: He brags about his paintings and his music. Everyone else pretty much hates them.
- Let's not forget "HE HAS NO SOUL".
- This troper sees the list differently: Mr. Krabs is Greed: his adoration of money and cheapskate mentality may be his defining character traits. Plankton is Envy: his jealousy of Mr. Krabs's popularity and volume of customers has driven him to an envy-fueled vendetta mission to steal what his rival has. Patrick is Sloth: he once won an award for doing absolutely nothing longer than anyone in Bikini Bottom, and went home to "protect his title" right after winning it. Sandy is Pride: her extraordinarily high level of self-confidence ([[The Übermensch though possibly justified, what with her athletic and scientific prowess) has gotten her in trouble quite a few times, including a city-destroying incident involving a gigantic worm. Gary (that's right, even Gary!) is Gluttony: he eats the sofa when Spongebob is away, once left his loving owner for Patrick just to eat a cookie in his pocket, and even ran away from home when Spongebob failed to feed him one meal of the day. Squidward is Wrath: his hatred of his neighbors has led to his downfall countless times in the series. Finally, Spongebob is Lust: not the sexual kind, mind you, but under the definition of being extremely emotional to the point of freaking out and snapping over seemingly tiny things.
SpongeBob is gay/straight/asexualA case can be made for multiple sexualities for SpongeBob. On the one hand, he is once stated to be a graduate of high school, but he seems uninterested in any of the show's female characters, and he often has sleepovers with his best friend Patrick. On the other hand, he once demonstrated his ability to reproduce by budding; this would make him asexual, justifying his lack of interest in neither male nor female fish.
- He's a sponge. Sponges are naturally asexual.
- Most sponges reproduce sexually. While he is asexual (because he's a sponge) according to Word of God, he is seen with both parents and grandparents. Then again, the show never attempted to show aquatic life accurately.
- Sponges do not have genders as we know them. The creator of the show is a marine biologist, so he should know that.
- I've always assumed that the sponges were either all offshoots (buds) from the same earlier sponge, or the ones who paired up (having no gender doesn't mean they can't love) adopted young sponges from a specialized sponge adoption agency.
- No. SpongeBob is obviously gay and his crush is Patrick.
Patrick will die horribly in his sleep.In the episode "Gone", SpongeBob knocks on Patrick's rock, saying "You don't want to forget to wake up again, do you?" In an earlier episode, SpongeBob goes into one of Patrick's dreams; the dream consists of Patrick riding on a coin-operated ride in the middle of a bleak, white landscape. It's implied that most of Patrick's dreams are like this. Now, combining those two facts, if Patrick was to forget to wake up and SpongeBob wasn't there to wake him, then Patrick would spend the rest of eternity on that ride without SpongeBob or anyone else there with him. Meanwhile, Patrick will slowly starve while his organs fail; this will eventually kill him.
- Don't worry, sponge+ cell+ culture/ science is working on this one. SpongeBob is immortal, and so Patrick will die of old age before ever getting left alone to starve.
- But could there be a betrayal?
Plankton isn't the only one with hillbilly cousins.Squidward may someday look forward to a meeting with The Cuylers.
- "Y'all ever pop one out in 'at dumb starfish sumbitch's mouf whall e was layin 'ere droolin'?"
SpongeBob is at the tail end of a long-running campaign to make Squidward his friend via less-than-pleasant methodsSpongeBob has a thing about making people his friends. Patrick is dim enough to be easily malleable, Sandy shares interests and is a friendly person herself (although she seems to be increasingly fed up with SpongeBob's antics when her inventions are involved), Mr. Krabs is happy as long as SpongeBob keeps bringing in the loot, but Squidward has done everything including getting a (noneffective) restraining order against SpongeBob and most emphatically does NOT want to be his friend. So, SpongeBob is going to MAKE Squidward be his friend, even if it means utterly destroying him psychologically. As of the end of the "Cephalopod Lodge" episode, SpongeBob has destroyed the last good thing in Squidward's life. The next part of SpongeBob's plan is to either make himself the NEW good thing in Squidward's life or subtly make it so that things will only get worse the longer Squidward refuses to go along with whatever it is SpongeBob wants to do, most likely the latter. I can just envision Squidward running through Jellyfish Fields with SpongeBob, wearing the horrible grin of the damned, his mind and soul ground to dust by the endless spongy proddings of a master of Obfuscating Stupidity.
- That is extremely dark. MIND = BLOWN
- Dude, That's disturbing but makes sense.
- That's disturbing enough to make a Creepypasta out of. Creepypasta writers, to your keyboards!
Contrasting with the theory above, Squidward will become insaneExtreme suffering can destroy a person's sense of morality.
Squidward is a Reality WarperHowever, he always gets bad luck because he expects on them too much. It is not expectation, but uncertainty, that powers them.
SpongeBob is not dumb. Rather, he is simply too immature and hedonistic, but was considered an adult due to his appearance.Really, there are some episodes where SpongeBob invented contraptions.
- I remember hearing somewhere that, while he's around 20 years of age, in sponge years he's fifty.
- But sponges can live to 15, 000 years old. Shouldn't he be younger in sponge years?
- My theory is that the ACTS like this, but he's really a crazed sociopath who bends on dominating the world and eventually will try to trap people into a new MMO he's been developing for years.
- But sponges can live to 15, 000 years old. Shouldn't he be younger in sponge years?
Pearl is adoptedMore specifically, Pearl was adopted by Mr. Krabs as a tax write-off. Sure, he may have come to actually love her, but his rationale was for the money. Smart budgeting makes it so the gains of the write-off don't offset the expenses of having a child.
- Or he adopted her as a marketing ploy, to look like a family man supporting a cute child rather than a greedy old man.
- Word of God (or at least the trivia book) implies that Mr. Krabs married a whale, as he says "Pearl is a whale, takes after her mother" this way, you see?
- It's just saying she takes after her mother. Nothing about her and Krabs. Maybe Krabs even knew her mother, but maybe not.
- Perhaps he really did marry a whale, but she had an affair with another whale early in their marriage which resulted in Pearl. Krabs never realizes this, of course, and believes Pearl to be his biological daughter despite obvious differences. And of course the whale-mom dies when Pearl is young, without confessing the affair and leaving them both to believe she is really his. (This is also why in Bossy Boots, Krabs reminisces about teaching her how to breach - he had to do it. Her mom is dead.)
- I think Pearl's mom (a whale) already was pregnant when she met Mr. Krabs. They married, and Pearl was born. Pearl's mom died shortly afterwards.
Mr. Krabs is into big girls.
- Continuation of the above. Krabs has been with a whale, Mrs. Puff (a talking pufferfish) and was eyeballing the tubby Patrick when he was dressed up as a girl. I guess when you've got pincers instead of hands, you want something to grab onto.
Some part of SpongeBob was aware that his bodyguard was the Strangler.In the "Tattletale Strangler" episode, when SpongeBob returns to his house, some part of him was aware that his "bodyguard" was the Strangler. He even blurted out "Strangler- I mean, Bodyguard!" or something like it at one point. His stupidity may have been an act. It even seemed a bit like he was intentionally stalling, though he was completely serene the whole time. Though this is rather out of character for SpongeBob, you never know.
- This should be considered canon. It's too obvious.
- This theory could also work for the episodes "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" and "Born Again Krabs". SpongeBob acted annoying on purpose to get Plankton and The Flying Dutchman to become so sick of his presence that they would let him free.
Mrs. Puff KNEW that Flats was going to maul SpongeBob, the entire timeIt's uncharacteristic for her to actually care about SpongeBob's well-being, when she's caused her so much mental (and physical) turmoil for, what, years now? She was simply leading SpongeBob on so that she wouldn't shatter his illusion of her being a wonderful teacher, and because she got a kick out of seeing him squirm.
- That actually would explain a lot, including her reaction to SpongeBob supposedely beating Flats up at the end. She's probably been waiting a looooong time for an excuse to kick his ass.
- Worth noting she probably even knew he didn't beat up Flats.
- Heck, maybe she even let Flats enroll at the school because she knew of his sadism from the start and was hoping he'd channel it on SpongeBob.
Squidward is a hybrid of an octopus and a squid.That should explain everything.
- Not everything. Neither on those animals have 6 limbs. Or a weird giant nose.
- Squidward is an amputee? He's suffered a whole bunch of injuries, so he could've easily lost them. That, or octopi have some sort of taboo with eight limbs, so they hide and/or remove a pair.
- It is possible, albeit rare, for octopi to have 6 legs.
- But other members of Squidward's species also have 6 tentacles.
Mr. Krabs pays Squidward extra to keep Squidward from informing the local Labor Board that SpongeBob is effectively slave laborIt's mentioned that SpongeBob gets paid basically nothing for what he does and that he's willing to work for free(or even pay Mr. Krabs for the privilege of working at the Krusty Krab), whereas Squidward very much is not. Squidward gets paid a portion of what SpongeBob would normally make as a kickback so he doesn't go and blow the whistle on Mr. Krabs for violating minimum wage laws.
- I like this; makes sense enough to me!
- But, knowing Squidward, would he need to be paid for that?
- Even Squidward Has Standards. He's just too ashamed to tell.
Squidward smokes dope.If he didn't, he would have gone mad and commit suicide back in 2002. Besides, if you listen to the theme song backwards, you can hear the wordss, "Squidward smokes dope!" quite clearly.
- Yay, Backmasking!
- That explains why he loves to play his clarinet so much. It's because it doubles as a bong!
- Yay, Backmasking!
Before Squidward plays his clarinet, he gets high.Which would explain why his clarinet music sucks.
- The reason why he's even hired? He couldn't find his pot.
- See "Squidward smokes dope" above.
Squidward has a restraining order against SpongeBob and Patrick...But the cops in Bikini Bottom are just so damn incompetent and stupid that even if he calls them for Sponbebob and Patrick violating the order, ''he'd'' be the one arrested, not them, and SpongeBob and Patrick would get away with it. Thus he tries to put up with them or get away or do anything. Though of course, even if he DID kill SpongeBob and Patrick, the Bikini Bottom Cops would probably not even RECOGNIZE a murder.
- He did get it made official (again?) against SpongeBob and then Patrick in one episode, with expected results; no doubt he's given up after this.
Squidward is an octopus.Alright, he has a round head, and a big nose. This is opposed to a rather pointy head that a squid has. When he set foot on dry land, he became a puppet of an octopus. Also, in Mrs Puff's classroom, there is a girl who looks a lot like a normal squid, with a pointy head and all. So, her species must be the REAL squids of bikini bottom, and Octos like having "Squid" in the name.
- Confirmed by Word of God.
- Does that mean I don't have to add the fact that his name is Octo in the Dutch translation?
- Perhaps in-universe octopuses evolved to only need six arms. They choose squid-based names because it sounds better than "Octward Tentacles."
King Neptune from the movie is the son of King Neptune the god.They look different, and the god Neptune is not seen to have a daughter. King Neptune's size and magic triton, as well as his name, come from his father. His mother was a mortal, so the king was a mortal as well. Plus, there was no need for a second god Neptune, so King Neptune required a successor (Mindy). It's also why he looks older than the god; mortals grow old.
- Because the movie is the end of the series, King Neptune XIV (the one from the series) is the father of King Neptune XV (the one from the movie). They are mortals, who sold their soul for godly powers and a trident.
Mindy is the reason King Neptune went bald
- What is the evidence for this?
- Having a child can cause stress, and this causes hair loss. Especially since Mindy isn't the only child; there was Triton, who was locked away for years.
Mr. Krabs is the true villain of the show, and will have a Disney Villain Death brought on by his own greed in the series finaleThe Movie was not the end. When the show inevitably gets cancelled, there will be an episode in the future, right after the movie, where Krabs, happy at Plankton being neutralized as a threat and with a second Krusty Krab, will make more money than ever before. This will in turn result in him opening more Krusty Krabs, until he is the richest man in town. When he is the richest man in town, he will destroy all other businesses and bulldoze over people's houses for development, until everyone works for him, even the police, who use their batons to smack the shit out of anyone who resists. SpongeBob, who has been obedient up until this point, notices that the way people are living under Krabs is even worse than under Plankton, and realizes that Plankton was driven to commit his acts in the movie because of Krab's torture. He breaks him out of prison and forms a resistance group with him that also includes Sandy, with a lazer she designed and her Kung Fu for fighting, Patrick, with his same Robot that he had in "Sand Castles", and Squidward, who fights with god awful Clarinet music. They will assault the first Krusty Krab (which has become Mr. Krabs palace at that point), along with a mob of angry Bikini Bottomians, using things like musical instruments and shells as weapons to fight Krabs' Riot Police. Sandy detonates an explosive that creates a huge pit in the ground, and SpongeBob and Plankton confront Krabs on top of his palace. He fights them using a skull swordfish head as a sword (like in that one episode), where as SpongeBob uses his spatula as a sword and Plankton aids in the fight. Eventually, Plankton ends up on the ground with his limbs broken, and SpongeBob is hanging off of the building. Krabs prepares to strike him and let him fall to his death, but then someone shows up... Pearl. She is in tears at seeing what her dad has become, and grabs a bag of money, taunting Krabs with it. She then throws it over the ledge, and Krabs jumps over the grab it, leading to him falling down the pit. Outside, the police are defeated and Krabs is overthrown, and it is explained what happened to all the characters through the whole "text over a still picture accompanied by music" method. Plankton and SpongeBob use the recipe to open a new restaurant, which is moderately successful, and lets them make a living. Sandy become the cities new minister of science and Chief of Police. Squidward perfected his clarinet skills, and became a world famous composer. And Patrick is the president. Post credits, there is a clip of Krabs surviving the fall, crawling out onto the land, and noticing an odd looking fish. After talking to it, he grabs it, and gets swooped up into the air, because it was a fishing hook. Krabs is then cooked and eaten. Ok, so this would a little Darker and Edgier for a SpongeBob cartoon, but at least it would guarantee happy endings and get rid of Mr.Krabs
- This will make a hell of a fanfic. 'specially with pictures.
Squidward is British. Or part British.He has British Stuffiness, once in awhile he uses stock British insults, and his watch has Big Ben on it.
- Or maybe he acts British because British culture is commonly viewed as classy.
Squidward is gayHe's the only one of the trio that has shown shown no attraction to girls (SpongeBob has a Word of God crush on Sandy and Pat fell for a mermaid). He's said a few comments about Squilliam though (like the infamous "He's hot" comment), and his relationship with SpongeBob and Patrick has more Ho Yay then SpongeBob, or Patrick, with his. Not to mention his Always Camp feminine nature.
- It might just be a case of making sense in context. He was hoping to one-up Squilliam by imagining him in an embarrassing situation, but realized that Squilliam is, in fact, hot.
- Didn't he hit on Puff once?
- Yeah, not to mention also hit on Patrick while he was disguised as "Patricia" in that one episode, and after Patrick took off his disguise, Squidward looked very repulsed and said he needed a shower.
- Maybe bisexual instead? Also in the more recent episode "Love That Squid", Squidward falls for the female squid/octopus Squilvia.
- Aside from the "he's hot" (which I don't recall or haven't seen to understand the context and inflections) and the (very vaguely) Always Camp stereotype, the only evidence for him being gay is that he's never shown attraction to girls. Thus, when he does show attraction to a girl, that means he's bi? Odd.
- I (who suggested he was bi) was just playing along with the theory like the WMG homepage advises; rather than coming out and saying "Nope, he's straight" when I can't exactly rule out an attraction to males.
- He's in the closet. As with Patrick, can you blame him?
- He's got tentacles. Sexual orientation is meaningless to him.
One or more characters is/are (a) Time Lord(s)You guys are slipping.
Sandy was trained and sent to Bikini Bottom by The EngineerBecause really, why not?
Squidward is Tsundere for SpongeBobSquidward hates SpongeBob as a Baka in default, yet he isn't experiencing happiness, contentment and love (or only experiencing a nihilistic existence, as seen in the episode "Squidville", where Squidward transfers to the peaceful squid-populated heaven of tentacle acres, where there is no SpongeBob) when he isn't around. Sometimes he is nice to SpongeBob, sometimes he despises him. Coincidence? Of course, this is Wild Mass Guessing.
- That has some complications....
Plankton is a Rich Idiot With no Meaningful Day job.He only runs the Chum Bucket because he has nothing better to do than try to beat Krabs, and since Mr. Krabs runs a restaurant, Plankton must run a restaurant to do so. This is why the Krusty Krab has nearly gone out of business several times while the less-successful Chum Bucket has not.
- Could be, but then why at the beginning of "The Algae's Always Greener" was he complaining about having "virtual meatloaf again" and not having "real food"? If he's rich, why not buy real food? Or is that where the "idiot" part comes in? And then again, he does seem to be able to afford a lot of other stuff...unless it's stolen or something.
The Chum Bucket has not (unlike the Krusty Krab) nearly gone out of business because...Krabs refuses to put his "salary" back into the restaurant (except during zany schemes) and Plankton can live for a month off the food he can buy from a single customer's order. The times Plankton has a zany scheme pay for the startup of the next zany scheme instead of going to food, employees, and a hoard of coins and bills. Also, Plankton has no workers and (due to a limited menu, readily available ingredients, and few customers) very little overhead.
SpongeBob is bi.Because he looks like he secretly likes Sandy, but then again, he appears to secretly or hides that he likes Patrick, as a friend, but still, with all those "Ho Yay" moments. And Squidward....well....
SpongeBob is a stalker.How else would he know every single detail of Squidward's house in the episode "Squid's Visit"?
- He likes Squidward.
- So he's a Stalker with a Crush?
Krabs traded his soul for the Krabby Patty formulaMr. Krabs stated to Plankton in 'Plankton's army' that the formula was not meant for mortal eyes. That episode where he sold his soul to the Flying Dutchman to hear money sing shows that he owes his soul to literally a crowd full of entities, including SpongeBob because his check was late. Therefore, the recipe is something that Krabs traded his soul for. What else he traded his soul for is another mystery, though this troper suspects it includes his restaurant, long life span (The 'dime' from the stone age,) and the apparent capacity to bind two souls for eternity to work off the damages to his restaurant. Consequently, the training video is supposed to end abruptly- Either we all know the recipe but can't process that part of the video, or that's when Krabs clubs his employees and performs the secret rites that allow them to know the formula. It also has some good protection there too. Since Plankton, while linked in to SpongeBob's brain cannot seem to say it out loud...
Squidward secretly loves his jobBear with me here. In the show, he doesn't like his job, but if he didn't like it, why hasn't he quit? He has been shown to quit a few times, but never permanently. Only in the eleven minute course of an episode.
- It could also be that he couldn't get another job, and that he had developed an addiction to Krabby Patties in that one episode.
- Alternatively, Squidward finds his job to be ok as it suits his needs. He just can't stand the fact that Spongebob also works there. All the times we've seen Squidward at his job without the sponge, he seems to be enjoying himself at least a little bit. Whenever he says he wants to escape from the Krusty Krab, he really just wants to get away from Spongebob.
Squidward is/was the most hated person in Bikini BottomWell, that's pretty obvious, but if you listen closely in the episode F.U.N, when the citizens of Bikini Bottom are calling Plankton a loser and making fun of him, Squidward says, "How does it feel to be the most hated person in Bikini Bottom, Plankton? Hurts, doesn't it? I know.". This could mean that Plankton took over as paraiah of Bikini Bottom, or is at the same position as Squidward as most hated.
SpongeBob is somewhat hated by the people of Bikini BottomTaken mostly from the episode "Gone", where everyone in Bikini Bottom disappears, just like the title states. At the end of the episode, the reason they were gone was explained to SpongeBob, to mostly get away from him. Even Patrick says even he needs a day away from SpongeBob. Somewhat supported by the flashback to when everyone was dancing in the SpongeBob effigy ashes, with Squidward KICKING the ashes around with a large grin on his face, and everyone is dancing in it. SpongeBob is too oblivious to see that this was a day for people to get away from him and is happy that he got a holiday dedicated to him.
Patrick is not really SpongeBob's friendIt's just a thought. Like in the episode, Patrick states that even he needs a day away from SpongeBob's annoying laughter. Also, with the amounts of fights they get into, its a wonder why they are still friends.
- Many people have friends who get in fights, and they're still friends. Maybe SpongeBob can't make friends with anyone else, and Patrick is too stupid.
SpongeBob and Patrick really died by the heat lamp in the movieThe resulting smoke from the lamp shorting out and the events that followed were all part of SpongeBob and Patrick's dying dream to come back to life. Of course, they can't show something on a kids show die that blatantly, so they made it look like they came back to life.
Squidward is a masochistIf he really hates SpongeBob, Patrick and the rest of his neighbors, why doesn't he go and stay in Squidville / Tentacle Acres with the rest of his kind for eternity? If he really hates working at the Krusty Krab, why doesn't he quit? If Bikini Bottom is such a Hell for him, why doesn't he just move out, simple as that? He seems to be capable of buying a house outside of Bikini Bottom, concerning the many cases on which his house was destroyed. If he really suffered Freudian Excuse after Freudian Excuse after Freudian Excuse as the series suggested to us, why doesn't he show signs of it, or better yet, kill SpongeBob, worship Cthulhu, go to Japan and rape tons of anime girls as most of Rule 34 would suggest, and/or commit suicide? Well the truth is, he actually liked all those tortures, those agonies and torments and annoyances that SpongeBob and life imposed on him. That's why he doesn't ever move out of Bikini Bottom and go reclusive in Tentacle Acres (or choose your own utopia), which can just be the solution to all his problems. Of course we always see the grumpy Squidward who openly hates SpongeBob, but of course Squidward had to hide his masochism (either that or Squidward is a Tsundere as an earlier WMG suggested).
- Well, in certain episodes, Squidward has admitted to at least partially liking SpongeBob. My theory on why he can't quit his job is because he needs the money and there is really no other place where he can get a job. When he tried living in Tentacle Acres, he really didn't quite fit in with the others and was despised.
- I interpret it as Stockholm Syndrome. Can't live with 'em, can't live without.
The real Mr. Krabs is dead or missing.Ever since the post-Movie episodes when he Took a Level in Jerkass, Krabs hasn't seemed. Right. Why? He's actually the Krab-Borg v2.0; Plankton has SUCCEEDED in replacing Krabs, and the real Krabs is fighting his way back while the Krab-Borg has rebelled against his creator, going further and further over the Moral Event Horizon. That is, of course, until SpongeBob and Patrick find the real Mr. Krabs, who proceeds to make his return in a Big Damn Heroes moment that leads to the opening of the Krusty Krab II.
- I like it. Possibly with help from Sandy.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are undiscovered sea creatures.They are no bigger than Sandy, who's a squirrel. Also in the Movie, they saw a real human that was human sized. And various human-made objects appear in some episodes.(hooks, the magic pencil, Hans) I don't buy the "mutated by nearby radiation" WMG so this is what I think.
- They're the evolved form of sea monkeys.
- Monkeys are to humans like sea monkeys are to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
- Jossed in Mermaid Man Begins. It is revealed in that episode that they were once humans who got the power to breathe underwater (Mermaid Man had a starfish put on his nose by mermaids and used his telepathic powers to get barnacles to replace Barnacle Boy's lungs.
- Monkeys are to humans like sea monkeys are to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are merfolk/human hybrids.This could be consistent with the "undiscovered sea creatures" WMG above. The duo are half merman and half human, which is why they're white-skinned (instead of green) and have legs rather than tails, but yet are smaller than other humans in the show and can live/breathe underwater. And the superpowers? MM did say in one episode that the costumes hold the powers. And in another episode MM was still able to breathe underwater wearing just a towel and his mask; he's a water-breather from his merman side instead of from a superpower.
- Alas, jossed by a more recent episode. They're superpowered humans.
Fred actually has a horrible leg tumor.You may not want to think it but it makes perfect sense.It's why he's feeling extreme pain and is the only one to scream "MY LEG!" when there is an accident of some sort in Bikini Bottom.
Scooter was always just a figment of SpongeBob's imagination.Scooter never actually talks to, comes in contact,or mentioned by anyone besides SpongeBob. The reason for this is SpongeBob secretly knows almost everyone in Bikini Bottom hates him so his mind self consciously created Scooter. He is what SpongeBob only wishes he could be. Even in the episode "Party Pooper Pants" in the segment "SpongeBob's House Party" when Scooter reads his conversation card squidward says "this is lame" because nobody was there, SpongeBob imagined it. Then later in the episode "bubble buddy" SpongeBob felt he had a true friend, Bubble Buddy who was created for the same reason, so SpongeBob's mind killed him off. It's later revealed that SpongeBob got the idea for this personality from someone labeled "Scooter's Cousin". He is called that because the show all happens from memories in SpongeBob's head.
Plankton had a hand in the absence of Mrs. KrabsHe probably did something (like edited a photo) to make her divorce Mr. Krabs. Since then, Krabs made it his mission to make Plankton's life miserable. And I say divorce because I'm pretty sure Plankton wouldn't get away with murder.
- I thought that Mr. Krabs married a whale (pregnant with Pearl), the whale gave birth to Pearl, and died of natural causes.
Plankton invented AIHe upgraded Karen from a simple surveillance system to a computer that passes the Turing test. His invention gets him rích, and thus he is still able to run the Chum Bucket even though none of his plans work. The whole Krabby-Patty-Formula business is really more of a game to him.
- Plankton sprays Karen with Goo Goo Gas (that turns you into a baby), and she turns into a calculator. Perhaps robot growth stages are:
- Home Camera
- Surveillance Camera
- Portable DVD Player
- Laptop computer
- Desktop computer
- Old box TV
- Flatscreen TV
- What Karen is now
- Who knows?
- There's an upcoming episode entitled "Karen 2.0". Hmm...
Squidward is suicidal.In the cartoon, they try and make it discreet, but older people can still see it. In one of the "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy" episodes, as SpongeBob and Patrick were talking about "Wumbo", Squidward asks himself, "I wonder if a fall from this height could kill me?" In another episode, the one with Squidward in that group with all the squids, which I can't spell the name, Squidward says something along the lines of "This makes the other 365 days worth living." Add in the treatment he gets from people, the torture of SpongeBob and Patrick bugging him all day, especially at work, low payment at a crappy job, a crappy job in general, a greedy boss, animals that attack him for no reason, even when he acts nice around them, and a clarinet career that can never seem to take off for him, he would start thinking these thoughts, but they can never outright show that on a children's cartoon. Maybe off camera, but not actually on the show.
SpongeBob left the Frycook Union.Considering they made him take a vacation, I don't think he'll stay with them
Mr. Krabs would never fire SpongeBob for real, because if he does, the whole restaurant will fall apart, and the customers will go to the Chum Bucket and with no money, the Krusty Krab would shut down and Krabs will be out of buisness: SpongeBob has been shown to been fired, or leave work, but it is never for long. He gets his job back when the episode is close to over, and everything returns to normal. Krabs would never fire SpongeBob for real, as he is the only thing holding together the Krusty Krab and giving Krabs his Money Fetish.
The puffer fish in the movie, after SpongeBob and Patrick die and the sea creatures come back to life, was Mrs. Puff's husband, captured by the "one eyed cyclops".In the episode "Krusty Love", where Mr. Krabs wants to ask Mrs. Puff on a date, SpongeBob states that her name is Mrs. Puff, when Krabs wants to know her name. He is disappointed when he finds out her name is "Mrs" Puff, but SpongeBob says she doesn't have a husband. When Krabs asked what happened to her husband, a short scene where a puffer fish was being turned on by a lamp is shown. SpongeBob says that she doesn't like to talk about it. The movie comes out and when SpongeBob and Patrick's tears short out the electricity and the lamp is shut off, not before SpongeBob and Patrick die the sea creatures come back to life, including a puffer fish. Granted, the puffer could be both male or female, but no other puffer fish had been shown yet. Also......
The reason that Mrs. Puff doesn't like talking about her husband is because he either got taken right in front of her, and never saw him again, or she was taken too, but managed to escape and get back to Bikini Bottom.Going on the WMG above this one, it was a beautiful day, when Mr. and Mrs. Puff were on the beach, or in a field, or whatever. Suddenly, the "one eyed cyclops" came and either took them both or Mr. Puff. The first option, the "one eyed cyclops" took them both back to Shell City, and tried to air drown Mrs. Puff, but she escaped, but not before Mr. Puff was already air drowned, right in front of her. She ran back to Bikini Bottom, and began life anew. She still retains memories of being captured and her husband dying right in front of her. The second option: they were sitting in a field or whatever, and the "one eyed cyclops" captures her husband. Mrs. Puff is too slow to catch up to her husband and the "one eyed cyclops" and her husband is taken away. For days, she prays that he comes back to her. It's been years, and she had not forgotten about him, and wishes she would come back.
- I was going to say this is jossed because the movie explicitly states that no one has ever returned from Shell City, but then I realized it still does work because she "doesn't like to talk about it." She may have escaped from Shell City, but just never told anyone.
- Or the diver just needed one pufferfish lamp
Squidward is trying to kill SpongeBob.The episode where SpongeBob and Patrick test there survival skills, Squidward is shown to have Voo Doo dolls of SpongeBob and Patrick, with many needles stuck into them.
Old Man Jenkins is a Time lord.Think about it. Old Man Jenkins always turns up as a totally different person in Bikini Bottom. Perhaps, when he was once a human, he travelled in his TARDIS, and landed in Bikini Bottom where he died because he couldn't survive the coldness of the water, and regenerated as a fish. Though his body still sometimes cannot manage and regenerates, thus why he looks different each time we see him.
SpongeBob is aware of what Mr. Krabs is doing is wrongIt's just that he doesn't want to risk losing his job since frycooking is Serious Business to him.
SpongeBob's real name is just Bob.Everyone in Bikini Bottom in racist, SpongeBob's real name is just Bob but everyone in Bikini Bottom adds "Sponge" because they are racist. SpongeBob even got his ID to fit it because he was ashamed to be singled out.
- SpongeBob's own family calls him SpongeBob.
- Then can the same case applied to squids too? In case that you don't get it: Squidward, Squilliam, etc.
- It's a naming convention.
- Patrick calls him "Robert" in the "Flowers for Algernon" Syndrome Episode.
Squidward killed Patrick's real parentsWe already know Squidwards hates Patrick so when he heard his parents were coming for Starfish Day he knew he needed to do something. Patricks real parents did get there earlier but Squidward murdered them and got rid of the bodies. Then he hired a family and when Patrick saw them Squidward made it look like they were annoying him, so once they went in Patrick's house he could have his peace. After Squidward realized he got the names wrong he told them to find a way to get out.Then got two more starfish to pose as Patrick's parents. Nobody else knows about this, not even Squidward's house.
- You do realize that's obscene even for Squidward's standards. Beyond the people who harass him every waking moment, there's been no indication he'd resort to murder.
Squidward is ugly by Bikini Bottom's standardsLet's face it. Squidward's paintings all have his face in it. Even his abstract are has traces of him in it. His self-portraits are so similar to his actual face that the only possible reason that Squidward's art is really bad is not that he ISN'T good at painting, it's that he only paints HIMSELF, which, if Squid really IS ugly, would explain why his art is known to be really bad. Especially because of his big nose. Now, if he painted something else, he'd probably gain a good rep as the best artist, mostly due to the realism in his art and portraits of others.
- Alternatively he isn't ugly, but people consider his art egotistical pandering because he always has himself as the focus. Especially his nose.
- In "The Two Faces of Squidward", when he recovers from an accident his nose is noticeably smaller and everyone in town becomes obsessed with his new look.
SpongeBob is square and his parents are round, because the gene for a square shape is recessive.The flashbacks of his grandfather in "The Sponge Who Could Fly" and "Rock Bottom" show him as square, while the rest of his family (other than a few other relatives, such as Stanley) are drawn like realistic sea sponges. It's like how a person can have red hair despite no one else having red hair. The parents both have to be carriers of that gene.
- I did that in my science class
- Confirmed by Paul Tibbet, the executive producer. He has said that Spongebob is a "genetic throwback".
Plankton can't make money off his inventions because they were banned.Think about it.
- Plankton is a zooplankton, so he feeds off of phytoplakton, the only organism in the sea smaller than himself. That's how he has lived with no money.
- They have actually been shown to have $-375 in their account balance in Move It Or Lose It.
Patrick is a Reality Warper and he's holding SpongeBob prisoner in his own created realm.SpongeBob in his original world was a force to conquer Plankton, bent on world domination, but Plankton enlisted the help of some powerful magicians to summon a person to alter SpongeBob's mind set. They came up with a reality warper named Patrickius, whom they siced on the young spongelad causing him to revert to child hood days as a nincompoop, after which Patrickius put SpongeBob in a place he could keep an eye on him, until Plankton found use for him. In a world of care free joy, and stupidity.
Evidenced by Patrick being so adaptive, and Ironicly on point at all times. When they were on the lam, he made fire under water but when that startled SpongeBob he extinguished it.
Squidward's real name is Edward.Duhh.
In the episode "Love That Squid" SpongeBob wasn't really trying to help Squidward simulate a date.He was acting out a gay fantasy deep in his psyche. Despite SpongeBob being very creative don't you think he could've gotten Sandy or Pearl or someone to play the female. That was a date simulation for SpongeBob's gay date with Squidward, I think he knew his crappy simuation wasn't helping Squidward. But it actually wasn't for Squidward. I'm surprised he didn't sabotage Squidward's chances for Squilvia.
Pearl is adopted or at least a disabled person.Whether Pearl is adopted or on disability Mr.Krabs is getting money off that silly whale somehow. Does this explain why Pearl doesn't know what a mom is because his idiot adoptive father never told her where she came from.
The characters represent various offensive stereotypes.
- SpongeBob — Asian (can't drive, yellow skin, knows martial arts, lots of energy)
- Patrick — White Southerner (lazy, backwards, stubborn, jobless, and dirty)
- Squidward — Gay (uppity, cultured, neurotic, effeminate mannerisms)
- A case can be made for Squidward being Jewish (big nose, neurotic, asocial, stuck up).
- Mr. Krabs — Jewish (money hungry, oddly shaped nose, swarthy, portly)
- Alternatively, Mr Krabs is an offensive stereotype of capitalism.
- Damn...I always thought Mr. Krabs was Jewish too. I don't think Patrick is a parody of a typical white southerner however, he doesn't act prejudiced in any way. As for SpongeBob, you forgot workoholic.
- Sandy — lesbo or at least butch (very unfemminate, athletic, muscular, basically the opposite of Squidward's).
Karen provides Plankton with sexual virtual reality.It's possible. Plankton's had a hard day at work and is tired what does he do? Have some hot virtual sex with his virtual reality machine. Maybe in that episode where Plankton and Krabs switched lives maybe it was false, he could of just been using his virtual reality machine the whole time; that could explain why he didn't even do anything with the Krabby Patties he had. He uses Karen to provide him food whether it be real or holographc and he also uses her to provide a hot touchable realtime sex simulation.
All the important main characters are hated by everyone in Bikini Bottom.This doesn't apply to supporting characters like Ms. Puff, Pearl, Squilliam or Larry the Lobster. This is the main reason why all the main characters only react with each other and not the fish folk. The citizens of Bikini Bottom hate the main cast, and the more important they are to the story, the more they are hated in a sense. Mr. Krabs runs the most successful restraunt so they hate him a whole lot, Squidward is town's most cultured person even more cultured then Squilliam, SpongeBob works for the most successful restraunt and he is renoun for a bunch of other things even jellyfishing, Sandy is a outsider and the town's scientist and she plays an important role in the show and apparently everyone isn't too fond of her either, Plankton is the rival of the most successful restaurant as well as an adept scientist and he is despised by everyone else as well, and finally Patrick. He basically follows the lead usually SpongeBob's but he is up to crazy antics as well, the Bikini Bottom citizens feel pretty neutral towards him but most of their interactions with Patrick aren't all that good either.
The main characters are part of an Inception team.Going off the above WMG, the reason the main cast is hated is because they were sent to plant or extract an idea from someone in the show's brain (Maybe King Neptune. He's the most influential character in this universe so someone would have something to gain by getting into his head). All the non-main characters are all projections, and as the seasons move on, the projections are growing more and more hostile to the main characters because the projections are slowly realizing that the cast are foreign invaders. The projections will become more violent with time, meaning that the cast will either be killed in the finale, or will move to the next dream level (Which provides a great Excuse Plot for the inevitable Spinoff).
The reason that Flatts the Flounder hates SpongeBob in "The Bully", was because of what SpongeBob did in "Sandy's Rocket".In the early episode, "Sandy's Rocket", SpongeBob and Patrick go around town, capturing people they think are aliens. One of the captives was Flatts the Flounder, and SpongeBob was the one who captured him. His anger was focused on SpongeBob, and carried over, a couple of years later, and put in the episode "The Bully", where he finally tried to get revenge.
Flatts was somehow made mean by SpongeBob.Hey, who knows? Maybe he was a nice guy, handing people flowers, and not threatening to kick their butts at one point, then the episode "Sandy's Rocket" came along, and he became meaner. He threatened people, and made them scared, and even threatened his own father. Again, carries on to "The Bully", where he tries to get revenge on SpongeBob for "Sandy's Rocket".
Sandy or one of the other beef cakes on the show probably Larry is on steroids.Steroids are illegal so they can't show them or anything like it. It's a very high chance that Larry the lobster is on steroids, he does everything do build muscle so why not steroids? All the other body builders do it.
- In Band Geeks, SpongeBob mentions that Larry's heart gave out due to tanning pills. If he can overdose on those...
Squidward isn't gay like some people assume he is.Even though this show has a lot of Ho Yay moments Squidward hasn't gone out and done anything that would be considered gay, his apparently un-manly dancing can be debated however. Squidward hasn't really did anything that would seem gay even him imagining Squilliam in his underwear, he did that to make him appear lesser in his mind, although it didn't work obviously. Squidward is a highly cultured individual and prefers the finer things in life despite the fact he lives around cultural blandness, therefore he might or most likely have high expectation of his women as well, I'm not trying to sound weird but Squilvia did look like a good catch. He doesn't eat those "mediocre Krabby Patties" and they're "the best things under the sea" according to a lot of Bikini Bottom even SpongeBob, he prefers to dine at fine restaurants, and the ingredients he uses to fix his meals are exotic exquisite and fancy ones at that. When Patrick was dressed as Patricia that doesn't count because all the males like him (her). He apparently prefers super fine women just like he prefers high class meals.
Patrick Star is on a disability check.Even though revealing this isn't super inappropriate like showing someone's genitals or something like that, revealing something like this isn't something especially Nickelodeon would find appropriate for kids. A show like Regular Show might used a topic like this but not anything on Nickelodeon. Even though he's a lazy bastard with no job he can afford things he needs as well as ironically being able to afford things he wants. The government is paying for his housing and giving him a pretty fair allowance. Besides who hasn't seen people like this (Patrick).
Sandy doesn't actually need her air helmet to survive underwaterAlthough she's a squirrel, due to an unusual genetic mutation when she was born, she's able to breathe underwater as well as on dry land. As a result, she became seen as a 'freak' by other squirrels, but due to her intellectual abilities she was still able to become a respected scientist. When the opportunity came to live underwater for scientific research, she jumped at the opportunity. However, she decides that she's tired of being treated as a freak, so she builds a special sealed airdome and wears a special suit and air helmet to convince the residents of Bikini Bottom that she's just like any other squirrel. Now, "Pressure" seems to contradict this theory, because Sandy takes off a suit and it isn't long before she's frantically searching for a jar to breathe. However, she wasn't actually drowning - she's just a really good actress, and thus further solidified the facade that she couldn't survive without air (even if it meant temporary humiliation). Evidence to support this theory includes a brief shot in "Procrastination" where she's not wearing her suit underwater (she is wearing her helmet, to be fair, but since the opening is wider than her neck...), and also the fact that her medieval ancestor didn't wear a helmet (and because she was a knight no one would realise that she was a squirrel).
- Makes sense, but I think you meant medieval counterpart rather than ancestor.
- Contradicted by Bubble Troubles, where Sandy genuinely suffers from the effects of oxygen depravity, including acting insanely. Also, if she was acting in Pressure, her lungs wouldn't be seen crumbling.
Mr. Krabs has a Split Personality.Think about it. Plankton get mad after having spent only ONE DAY as Mr. Krabs. Imagine now how hard is Mr. Krabs's life is. He deals with people like SpongeBob, Squidward, Plankton, Pearl and even sometimes Patrick. He probably accumulate a lot of rage and frustration and as result he has another personality totally unlikeable who abuses the other as a vengeance for all the crap normal Mr. Krabs get during his life.
SpongeBob is a psychic, and fully aware of the world around him.In the episode where Patrick beleives he has to get out of town, He runs to SpongeBob's house who is wating for him at the door with two drinks. One for Patrick and one for himself unless, he has some secret friend in his house we don't know of.
- Also there has been many times where SpongeBob shows how amazing his insight is. When he left Patrick watch Gary, he would go into his mind's eye to see what could possibly be going wrong, and was wrong, not just a little off, but exactly the opposite of the correct event. He saw fire, while there was a flood.
- The way he was able to penetrate his friends dreams, shows that his brain is more powerful, than he lets on.
- In the episode when they are on the run, his statement, "How come there's a fire underwater" was what brought light to the fire's disappearance.
- In one episode, I can't remember, SpongeBob and Patrick are having a conversation where Spongebob asks do you know what day it is. Patrick replies "Annoy Squidward Day", and Spongebob retorts "No, thats another day". That was a paraphrase.
SpongeBob is inbred.He only has one set of grand parents, also his parents (possible aunt & uncle) do look kind of similar. In the episode with blackjack they featured SpongeBob's uncle, but they never revealed how he is SpongeBob's uncle. Maybe it's because the creators of this show are so damn lazy or maybe they didn't reveal how Captain Blue Squarepants is related to SpongeBob because it was to obsene. Spongebob's uncle is biologically related to SpongeBob's mom and dad. SpongeBob's mom must of thought that her country brother was to "hickish" for her and stuck with the civilized brother instead. Contradicting a previous trope about how spongebob's square shape is the result of a recessive gene, SpongeBob's shape is really a defect caused by incest. Even though the flaws are exaggerated a bit, come on now a sea sponge looking like a perfect kitchen sponge. What the hell is this, Blue's Clues? Spongebuck(ancestor) also shares the square shape but he's also a deep southerner. I'm not trying to be the least bit racist. Spongebuck had to keep the sponge legacy going on somehow, he has future children so he must of been with a women during his lifetime before. Don't even say "Sponges reproduce asexually" because why does spongebob have two parents. One of Spongebuck's hot ass female relatives cousin or sister could of got lonely and decided to kick it off with her older relative. We didn't see any other sponges in the town where spongebuck moved to, so the sponge spongebuck slept with moved in with him; after she sent spongebuck a letter about how he was doing and after spongebuck replied by stating how great that town they were living at was. While Spongebuck's female relative was living with him they had intercourse sometime later. Ever since then the sponge clan has lived a legacy of incest, being discreet about if of course.
Spongebuck was the first of his kind to enter that town, while everyone else had someone of their species in that town. Squidward and Mr. Krabs aren't shown to have any grandparents because their parents are shown to be very old so they can't be judged, also they are shown to have one parent.
Squidward is the hypothetical alternate universe animated version of Michael Jackson.We don't know much about Squidward's childhood so no judgements can be made. They both have feminine dispositions However Michael Jackson is famous because he got a deal but Squidward didn't Michael Jackson has nice hair Squidward doesn't have any hair. Michael Jackson supposedly has a health (skin) disorder know as vertiligo, although it's not looked on Squidward could really have a health problem (probably not cancer) that caused his long beatiful mane to just wither like that. On this reality show where people were getting surgery on their scalps because their hair all of a sudden fell out too, that's probably similar if not, what Squidward has. Michael Jackson is a supposed sex fiend, Squidward is assumed to be asexual despite the two times he showed interest in women. Squidward acts like an uppidy adult, while Michael Jackson acts like Peter Pan. Michael Jackson is a engergetic pop singer, squidward is a reserved clarinet player.
- You mean like a Mirror Universe version of MJ, right?
Squidward might be good at conducting, not playing.Think about it- in the episdoe in wicth Squidwards conduct, he does do a epic job conducting. The only problem was SpongeBob playing "Doctor"
Squidward WAS a good clarinet player until the Bubble Stand episode.At the beginning of the episode, he's actually playing pretty well, but the shock of the giant bubble lifting his house made him unable to play.
- No he wasn't... at least not all the time. Though when his confidence was boosted he got better. In fact it sounded like he was trying to play in scales. 
Sandy's minor role in the film wasn't because later she'd be demoted to extra.The creators made it that way so that any relationship Spongebob might have with Sandy in the future episodes couldn't be effected by or effect the movie.
Patrick is the only individual who likes the Chum Bucket.We've never seen him eat the food and be disgusted, and Patrick has been shown to eat some really bad stuff. So it stands to reason that, if anyone likes Plankton's food, it's Patrick. I can imagine an episode where SpongeBob is forced to deal with either the happiness of his friend or Mr Krabs attack on Plankton
- In a recent episode called "Free Samples", Patrick is shown eating Plankton's chum and liking it, so thus, confirmed.
Squidward is a robot/android.
- On Futurama, all robots have square pupils. Watch SpongeBob, everybody, regardless of species, has round pupils except Squidward (and I would guess Squilliam). The 3 Laws would also explain why he hasn't gone postal yet.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are normal humans.
- They appear to be the same size as fish because MM was messing with his utility belt and tried to set it to Wumbo upon giving up superhero behavior, and accidentally shrunk the two of them. Their starfish masks allow them to breathe. Their superpowers are illusions.
Pearl is the daughter of some sort of sea goddess.Mr. Krabs had an affair with her and she got pregnant. Since she was busy with her divine duties she left Pearl with Mr. Krabs. Which is why whenever he's shocked, he says "Mother of Pearl!": because Pearl's mother is a powerful, divine sea goddess.
Plankton will become worse later in the seriesSince SpongeBob Squarepants Movie is the Grand Finale of the series and in it Plankton crossed the line by stealing King Neptune's crown and framing Mr. Krabs and later brainwashing and enslaving (and possibly killing Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy) entire Bikini Bottom and in "Walking The Plankton" he activated Plan B (continuining the idea that Plankton uses all the letters of the alphabet to represent his biggest schemes). Since Plan Z is his Moral Event Horizon and movie is the finale of the series, it is possible that Plankton's actions will become worse as the series progresses. This troper has few ideas of how Plankton could become just as evil as he was in the movie:
- His methods and actions in order to get the secret formula could become more vicious. Instead of just trying to steal the formula and get Krabs out of the way, Plankton would try to kill Krabs and could enjoy it. He could attempt to kill Krabs even if he would give the formula willingly or Plankton would temporary suceed in stealing it. This could become the second goal of Plankton: not only to get Krabby Patty secret formula, but to destroy Krabs. There could be entire episodes about how Plankton tries to destroy Krabs, even if Plankton doesn't try to steal the Formula. Also there could be episode there Plankton, in order to get secret formula, would kidnap Pearl, Krabs' mother and threatening to kill them if Krabs doesn't give secret formula and even after Krabs would give the formula, Plankton would attempt to both Krabs, his mother and Pearl and would show no remorse for it. There could also be episode where Plankton pretends to have pulled Heel–Face Turn and become friends with Krabs and both could become partners in business, but at the last second Plankton would reveal that he just pretended to be good and only wanted to steal the formula. Another idea: Plankton could convince the entire town that he is evil because Mr. Krabs was bullying him and when he tried to simply use legal methods, Krabs still bullied him. This could let him become succesful businessman and take over Krabs' businesses and we would later find out that Plankton pretented to be symphathetic and would attempt to kill Krabs.
- He could try to target SpongeBob. Plankton would realize if he wants to succeed in his plans, he must get rid of Spongebob who usually stops his plans. There could be a Story Arc episode there Plankton tired of Spongebob meddling in his affairs, attempts to kidnap and kill him and his friends. Spongebob and his friends manage to surive the series of attacks from Plankton and his robots, but they have no choice but to escape from Bikini Bottom with secret formula and find the place to hide. However Plankton still wants them dead, so he kidnaps Mr. Krabs and threatens to kill him if Spongebob and his friends do not return to Bikini Bottom and give him formula. He could also make offer a bounty to anyone who captures Spongebob and his friends. Thus our heroes must not only hide from Plankton and his robots, but from other sea creatures who want the money Plankton offered. This would lead into an epic showdown with Plankton, where Spongebob and everyone else would defeat Plankton, free Mr. Krabs and save the entire Bikini Bottom from Plankton's grasp. Also there could be the episode there Plankton secretly kidnaps Spongebob and makes him work for him under a death threat.
Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, Blue Neptune, SpongeBob's parents, and The Flying Dutchman will be Killed Off for Real in a future episodeThey are the most major characters on the show who aren't in the movie at all.
SpongeBob is perfectly normal. His unusual personality traits are the result of Krabs brainwashing/drugging himAll of SpongeBob's negative personality traits seem to reflect back on the fact that he loves his job, despite having a complete monster for a boss and the obviously unsanitary conditions of the restaurant. For example: Spongebob's outgoing/weird personality- this prevents him from becoming friends with anyone else, because, after all, friendship would take time away from work. Spongebob is allowed to have Patrick as his friend, however. Similar to Wheatley's role ro GLaDOS in Portal 2, Patrick is meant to feed Spongebob a constant stream of negative, idiotic, and otherwise foolish thoughts. SpongeBob's failure at driving- Mr. Krabs bribes Mrs. Puff to keep failing Spongebob- if he would succeed at his driving test, it might mean that he actually succeeded at something other than work, which would completely ruin his "motivation" to do well at something. Spongebob's ambiguous sexuality- Simple. Mr. Krabs wants to prevent him from ever finding anyone to settle down with and take time away from work. SpongeBob's powers- all illusions.
Squidward has always been aware of the Fourth Wall, and the universe is trying to destroy him for it.Remember how early in the series, Squidward would often mention something about 11 minutes? That's the length of the episode. He's know about the wall from the beginning and the universe just can't have that. It feels that in order for the show to continue, that needs to stop. So it does everything it can to end his life, whether directly, or paying him enough of an injustice to make him kill himself.
- The short version-he is trying to cancel the show.
Sandy hates Spongebob and is actively trying to escape from him.She builds so many time machines to stop herself from taking the underwater tree-dome deal. She built a rocket to leave for "science". Maybe she even got tired of trying and blasted them back to medieval times. Basically, every one of her inventions is an escape attempt.
Plankton is kept in business with loan sharks.Since all he sells is chum, it stands to reason that the only person who'd like his food would be sharks. Plus he's too small for them to break his legs.
SpongeBob will finally get his boating license in the movie sequel.Or in a future episode. He already came very close to earning it in Bumper to Bumper.
One day, Mr Krabs will be Rescued from the Scrappy Heap.I can't be the only one who misses when he was an Ensemble Darkhorse.
- This may already be happening. In recent episodes, he's starting to show more concern about other people. There are also episodes where his greed is played without malicious intentions (such as "Safe Deposit Krabs").
SpongeBob is prone to Character Derailment.Between intervals in episodes he switches between The Ditz, a hard worker, a a character with a questionable sexual orientation, to a wannabe macho man. Honestly this trope is over done on SpongeBob.
SpongeBob, Squidward and Patrick have a contract with a reality TV seriesOn a Fast-food server’s wage, Spongebob and Squidward never seem to be short of money, that’s because they’re getting it from an alternate source. Squidward initially signed on to a reality TV show called “My life with morons” to try and promote his inflated self-image and credibility as an “artist”. Spongebob signed up because he was promised anything he wanted, and Patrick forgot why he signed it. All the other characters these three interact with are all part of the show and the Spongebob show we know and love is a result of these tapings.
Squidward is a cuttlefish.In the show, we have seen both squids and octopuses as background characters and they look nothing like Squidward. It's clear the Squidward is a cephalopod of some sort, so why not a cuttlefish? After all, we haven't seen a cuttlefish in the show before.
- He's been confirmed to be an octopus. but the new writers can't seem to remember..
Disney will buy the show.Since they've already bought Marvel and Star Wars, who's to say they won't buy SpongeBob?
- Nickelodeon, that's who.
Patrick has bi-polar disorderHe has severe mood swings and can easily snap if provoked. He also has hyperactive bouts of behaviour, which is the manic side of bi-polar disorder. He also can get depressed or angry really easily, which is the depressive side.
Mr Krabs's increasing levels of jerkassery come from his multiple deals with supernatural beings.As revealed in "Money Talks", Mr Krabs has sold his soul to so many supernatural beings, he has multiple IO Us. It's unlikely that all these powerful beings, except SpongeBob of course, would simply wait to sort it out for themselves. To compensate them, Mr Krabs had to trade other valuable parts of his being-namely the goodness in his soul. As for what he sold them for:
- His soul was sold in the first place for immortality, explaining his incredible age. He may have bargaining for others, which could have led to trading memories and thus explain conflicting origin stories.
- The Krusty Krab wasn't always a success-many early episodes had it go weeks without a customer. Mr Krabs had to compensate this by selling the small part of him that was charitable. This explains the pre-movie scenes of him being morally reprehensible, while still being a Jerk with a Heart of Gold-he still had his compassion.
- Originally, the series ended with The Movie. The trauma caused by Emperor Plankton led to Mr Krabs trying to Set Right What Once Went Wrong, by selling his ability to feel compassion. The reason why this will eventually happen is because, eventually, the deal will be reversed.
- Other negative traits are results of more deals, each less valued than before because Mr Krabs cares less and less about his "human side", due to the above three deals. The Moral Event Horizon and fan-hatred of a thousand suns is the consequence that is paid.
Every main character is a representation of some sort of mental disorder or psychological issue.This can extend to a few of the major supporting characters, too. As a breakdown:
- Spongebob has some form of neurotic disorder.
- Patrick has bi-polar disorder.
- Squidward has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Mr. Krabs has a severe money fetish. (Whether or not that is caused by a mental issue is debatable.)
- Plankton is a bit of a sociopath, possibly with elements of Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder. (not to be confused with OCD)
- Larry the Lobster probably has Histrionic Personality Disorder.
- Pearl is bi-polar, and so is Mrs. Puff.
- Mermaid Man has a mild form of Alzheimer's.
- The only ones in the main cast who seem to be "normal" are Sandy and Gary.
The dying animal on Squidward's premises that is briefly referred to in Band Geeks is Snellie.Think about it for a moment, what other animal would be on Squidward's property?
SpongeBob's current treatment of Squidward is an elaborate revenge for the events of "Can You Spare A Dime?"In that episode, Squidward basically treated Spongebob like a servant for months on end, and despite taking advantage of him to a ridiculous extent, for once he didn't get any comeuppance afterwards. So Spongebob instead decided to put Squidward through a continuous amount of torment just to get back at him.
Mr Krabs is in control of everythingThe secret to the Krabby Patty's success isn't love or the fry cook-it's a highly addictive drug developed by Krabs that messes with your senses, making Krabby Patties ridiculously good to one under the control of the drug and other food made unappealing. Krabs built success using the drug starting at a small business, then started to expand everywhere, putting more and more people under the influence of his drug until Krabs created a giant Mega Corp.. He pays off any officials of importance who aren't controlled by him to solidify himself as a Karma Houdini and eliminated the competition by buying out any company that wasn't driven out of business by his own success. Using his invulnerability, Krabs tortures small business owners like Plankton on a daily basis. Of course, unsatisfied with controlling the economy alone, Krabs began to further develop the drug in order to completely control the minds of the next generation of workers-SpongeBob is just one of an army of naive slave laborers. Squidward remains the Only Sane Man because he's managed to somehow develop an immunity to it after "Just One Bite". The Krusty Krab 2 in the movie isn't the first time Krabs expanded; due to the effects of the drug, it's only the first time anyone is actually aware of that, and soon that will be gone too. In short, the entire ocean is an Orwellian hellhole and Krabs is the Big Brother.
- This was implied in the episode where it was reviled that he has a surveillance network across bikini bottom.
Mr Krab's treatment of Plankton isn't entirely unjustified.At first, Mr Krab's attempts to ruin Plankton's life, going so far as preventing him having one single customer and the infamous One Coarse Meal seem completely horrid and a sign that his greed has consumed whatever morality Mr Krabs has. However, as mentioned under the Fridge Horror section, Plankton's chum would be made out of fish. It's possible the reason Mr Krabs is so dead set on crushing Plankton is because, despite being greed incarnate, he's still horrified by the idea of Plankton making chum from people's...well, chum. In fact "One Coarse Meal" could be Mr Krabs trying to give a sort of twisted justice to Plankton. That's not to say Krabs isn't a horrible arthropod, but it does go to explain why he hates Plankton so much. This also means that Plankton isn't any less evil-he's just been passing the Moral Event Horizon in other ways...
SpongeBob is (slightly) aware that Squidward doesn't like him...... but that thought is pushed to the very back of his mind, or his mind is trying to block it out, as he can't seem to handle rejection.
SpongeBob was in a year-round educational system post-kindergartenHe requires an explanation of summer break.
As a land creature, Sandy is disliked by most of the other Bikini Bottom residents, much like a foreigner.Sandy doesn't really appear to have any friends in Bikini Bottom besides Spongebob and Patrick, as she doesn't largely interact with other characters (or fish). Mr. Krabs and Squidward are acquaintances at best (she's shown not have gotten along with both of them). She's shown not to have gotten along with other fish before (in "Squirrel Jokes" and "Band Geeks"). It's possible that she's largely a loner if it wasn't for the two of them. Possibly a Stepford Smiler / Pollyanna in regards to this?
SpongeBob use to be a normal human until he got transformed into a sponge by putting on magic square-shaped pants.
- Likely disproven by the many episodes where he changes pants style or isn't wearing pants.
A large crisis occurred in Texas at some point in Sandy's life before moving undersea, and Texas only recovered sometime laterSandy in an early episode, feeling homesick, mentions Texas as only a memory, despite the fact she apparently is capable of going there in later episodes and even sadly leaves for there in the same episode (Presumably transit around there was risky, and she couldn't stay behind to say goodbye or even just vacation, or she'd miss her only transit in and not have an easy way out), even installing an escape pod to launch her there in case of ghosts, and later developing a teleporter to send acorns to a stash there later on. Presumably, Texas suffered a crisis. When she left to visit in the episode with the butterfly, she was either visiting a recovered area or was going to assist with the relief efforts. Texas later recovered, as shown by Sandy participating in a rodeo with a fairly large amount of people.
Krabs became evil because of a combination of the vents of The Algae's Always Greener and selling his soulPlankton's scheme led to Krabs accidentally having a piece of Plankton's soul and due to selling his own soul has become taken over by the fragment of Plankton's soul making him evil. If Plankton is killed by King Neptune then Plankton's soul might be drawn to the fragment in Krabs's body and completely take over Mr. Krabs...
- Plankton became more of a Designated Villain due to a piece of his soul being lodged in Krabs. He doesn't notice because Plankton's evil makes up a measly 1% of him-now he's completely full of hot air, explaining why he's become an idiot. The reason he crossed the Moral Event Horizon in The Movie is because he took back some of Mr Krab's evil when reclaiming the initial soul fragment.
Mrs. Puff never stopped fallingLet me explain. In one episode, she is in the car with Spongebob as he drives off a cliff, and as they fall she has a hallucination about going to jail. In the end you learn she is still falling, and is still hallucinating. Now, she never STOPPED. Every episode she was in since then is her hallucinating as she keeps falling. This is why she starts to hate Spongebob enough to try and kill him. Part of her is aware that she's still falling and knows she will never escape, and blames Spongebob for it. In fact, Spongebob never stopped either, and is also hallucinating. The hallucinations get progressively stranger,explaining the flanderization and lack of continuity.
Squidward's nose is actually his mating tentacle.It partially explains why he doesn't need to wear pants, as he doesn't have reproductive organs there. Either it isn't considered vulgar or it's disguised as a nose and kept secret by other octopuses.
Puffy Fluffy possibly had psychic abilities and was probably influencing Spongebob's personality and actions in "A Pal for Gary", explaining Spongebob's Jerk Ass behaviour
- Adding to this: Someday there will be a follow up episode where Puffy Fluffy returns as an antagonist, goes all mind control on everyone after eating radioactive goop. AND Spongebob's previous jerkass behavior will not only be addressed, but he actually apologizes to Gary for before. Then, he and Gary will have a Big Damn Heroes moment as they fight off Puffy Fluffy's Eldritch abomination form.
Old Man Jenkins is the god Nereus/ProteusHe always looks different because he has the power of shape changing. Also, Nereus is often called the "Old Man of the Sea."
Patrick is a stand user like in Jojo's Bizarre AdventureIn the season 3 episode "No Weenies Allowed", Spongebob wants to get into the Salty Spitoon but can't because he isn't tough enough. So Spongebob get's Patrick to let him win a fake fight to prove his toughness. The real looking injuries Patrick gets are real due to his stand beating him up. The stand becomes too engrossed with the fight and goes overboard, continuing to beat on his user along after Spongbob is allowed in. Patrick's stand is called Starfish Platinum.
Plankton only hasn't completely succeeded in his plans because he loves messing things up.This irony is pretty good stuff.
Spongebob has a tiny crush on Squidward, but not in the same way he crushes on Sandy.Spongebob does actually have a bit of a crush on Squidward, but it's not entirely romantic- he just really admires Squidward and thinks he's really, really cool. Spongebob has a legitimate crush on Sandy, but he doesn't say anything about it, because he knows it wouldn't work out (he is asexual and Sandy is not.) At the very least, the Sandy crush is probably canon, because in one SB book it was stated that he has a "secret crush" on Sandy. Alternatively, he doesn't want to tell her, for fear of ruining their friendship.
Spongebob is French.In the first season he occasionally speaks French, with an impeccable French accent. Either he's French or he spent some time in France. Perhaps Spongebob is actually the suave French narrator we hear occasionally. (Backed up by the fact that in "Jellyfish Jam," he briefly starts narrating his own actions in the same suave French accent.)
- He also said "PORQUOI?!" (which means "why" in French,) in the episode where he lost his name tag.
- Maybe he does this because Everything Sounds Sexier in French?
- He also said "PORQUOI?!" (which means "why" in French,) in the episode where he lost his name tag.
Spongebob isn't actually a sadist. He just genuinely really likes Squidward!This explains why he'll apologize to Squidward and occasionally see the error of his ways, such as when he made the "Sorry for bugging you so much" cake in "Good Neighbors. Plus, he's never really malicious in his intent. His intentions, no matter how horribly executed, are usually genuinely to either be Squiddie's friend or to make him happy. (He even brings this up a couple times, like in "Just One Bite," where he apologizes for being too pushy, and he says "I was only trying to make you happy.")
- Of course, this just might make things worse, as there's no way to persuade Spongebob to back off; few things are more infuriating than someone determined "to cheer you up/help you out."
Mr. Krabs knew Pearl's biological fatherThey happened to be in the navy together. Pearl's father was killed during the war, but not before granting his final will to Krabs: to take care of his daughter (who was only an infant at the time).
Spongebob has asthma.Thus explaining that weird freaky gasping/wheezing thing he does in the Christmas special when he sees Squidward!Santa for the first time. Also Mr Krabs once asked him if he was on a new allergy medication. Sponge sometimes wheezes when he gets too amped up.
- He basically has an asthma attack in the first Christmas special, then faints.
Mr. Krabs is a Shell-Shocked VeteranHis days in the navy probably gave him moments that would scar him for life. Perhaps this is the reason he went insane in episodes such as "Squeaky Boots" and "Clams". It could also explain his behavior in "One Coarse Meal"; the war can do terrible things to your mind.
- In addition, there will be an episode in the future that focuses on Mr. Krabs in the navy (as a flashback).
- There's probably a lot of truth to this. In "The Krusty Krab Training Video," the narrator has this to say:
Narrator: After the war, Mr Krabs stayed secluded in a deep depression, which seemed endless.
- In "The Krusty Sponge", Mr. Krabs mentions having a "thousand-yard stare" back in his service days.
Spongebob went through some kind of horrible trauma when he was younger, hence his perpetual childlike stateHe doesn't want to grow up mentally. He has a job and his own house, but beyond that he still acts like a young child. He doesn't want to face his own demons, so he keeps himself in a constant infantile state, and keeps the company of the dumb Patrick Star, to avoid facing reality. He has some psychological issues- his parents know this, and they live relatively close by so they can visit him when he needs them.
- That actually works. In "Cephalopod Lodge", Squidward asks Spongebob if he was dropped on the head as a baby. Spongebob responds with "How'd you know?"
- Right! And in "BlackJack", he had flashbacks about an older cousin who used to regularly beat the living crap out of him, when SpongeBob was probably no older than three or so. He also implied that high school was traumatic for him, in more ways than one. He also seems to harbor a crippling fear of failure, hence why he'll have full-blown breakdowns when he accidentally messes something up. Not to mention his tendency to cry at the drop of a hat. There's... probably a lot of pain in this guy's past, hence why he's such a Stepford Smiler.
Spongebob's parents were in the circus. Or something like that. Thus explaining why Spongebob rides a unicycle as his default mode of transportation, and how he can juggle, among other things. His parents were circus performers and they taught him some neat things.
The normal Patrick and prick Patrick are two different charactersNear the end of "Karate Star", Patrick chops off his hand in an act of remorse, forming an exact duplicate of himself who continues wreaking havoc across Bikini Bottom (could possibly be the same Patrick clone from "Spy Buddies"). This just might be the Patrick who's been a malicious jerk in various episodes ("The Card", "Yours, Mine and Mine", "Pet Sitter Pat"), while the original Patrick was elsewhere at those times.
- Likewise, the unintelligent SpongeBob who acts like a Stalker with a Crush towards Squidward is really a duplicate formed from budding off another sponge(bob). We can see in "Pressure" that SpongeBob - like real sea sponges - can reproduce by budding.
Plankton overcame his fear of whalesHe is shown to have an immense fear of whales in "One Coarse Meal". But a few seasons later in "Jailbreak!", he escapes prison with help from his inmates - one of which was a whale.
- Episodes like "Sleepy Time" and "The Algae's Always Greener" (where Plankton was shown with Pearl) took place after the former.
Gary is a cyborgHe apparently has feet, can bark as well as meow, what's under and inside his shell can vary. In "The Great Snail Race" he actually blew a fuse like a vehicle.
Patchy will meet SpongeBob in the series finaleMost likely in another theatrical installment.
By the end of the series, Plankton will have a Heel–Face Turn.Presumably after Plankton FINALLY gets the Krabby Patty recipe and becomes successful, he'll feel that without Krabs to compete with, his villainy has no purpose. After a series of mishaps, he'll come to the realization of how unhappy he was during his evil days and try to find his true purpose in life.
Patrick is acting stupid for malicious meansPatrick was once pushed around by other people who insulted him for his stupidity; friends and strangers alike. Then in I'm With Stupid, Patrick saw his opportunity to turn the tables and intentionally made fun of SpongeBob in front of his supposed parents. Having finally discovered the joy of insulting stupid people, he started Obfuscating Stupidity as means of revenge (Squidward being a prominent victim in moments like Smooth Jazz at Bikini Bottom and Restraining SpongeBob). Unfortunately, his low intelligence and hypocrisy would soon consume him, turning him into the jerk we'd see in later episodes.
- If these episodes circulate around Patrick being a prick, then "Patrick-Man" indicates his redemption. It is this episode where Patrick acts like a superhero in attempts to stop crime. Patrick's stupidity also feels genuine rather than malicious or hedonistic.
Patrick hates SquidwardVarious moments show Patrick acting like a Deadpan Snarker or even a Jerkass towards him. He also once suggests to SpongeBob that Squidward doesn't like them, which could indicate that Patrick is actually aware of Squidward's dislike towards them. He even excitedly plans to punch a shrunken Squidward after being told he wasn't a toy.
- For those shippers, Patrick may seem to be jealous that SpongeBob "likes" Squidward.
Janet and Marty from "I'm With Stupid" are related to Patrick.They are obviously not Patrick's parents, but that doesn't mean that they aren't related to Patrick. They both are starfishes like Patrick, know where Patrick live, and even know Patrick's name. They forgot they had a son is sort of like how Patrick saw them as his parents because their stupidity might run in the family. But despite the fact that Janet and Marty both remembered Patrick isn't their son doesn't mean that Patrick wouldn't be their nephew or their son-in-law. Janet and Marty treated Patrick like an idiot as expected in their introductory scene might be a result of their expectations. Let's assume the couple haven't seen Patrick since he was a kid and he was doing even stupider things back then than in season 2 of "SpongeBob". And the two came to Patrick's house on Starfish Day, so technically not just Patrick's parents would be expected to show up.
The reason Squidward wanted Santa to go away in the second Christmas special.He remembers seeing Santa act insanely in "Christmas Who?", and wanted to keep his house safe.
Spongebob's child-like behavior is because of his MotherThink about it, watch any episode where we see him with his parents and how she treats him like a child. She doesn't want to lose her only baby so she treats him like a kid and doesn't want him to grow up. She was thrilled to have him move back in with her in "Home Sweet Pineapple", though Spongebob clearly wasn't too happy about this because he knew how she'd smother him. His Grandmother is in on this too, and when he showed an interest in being treated like a grown up, she showed him how boring adult life is and ignored him until he finally broke down.
Spongebob is actually an infant in Sponge years.Keep in mind that Sponges can live for thousands of years, and that Spongebob's grandma is STILL alive. Obviously this means that Spongebob is only 2 years old or so sponge-wise, but since he's technically 21 or so, he can get a job.
Spongebob is a genius
- His license, in the two episodes he gets it, say his birthday is July 14th 1986. This would have put him at age 18 at around the time the first movie came out. But we've heard Spongebob talk about high school, and college. Plus he's got that huge library. He's a genius, who graduated at age 14-16. but was tired of the pressure put on him to be so smart, so he left home and became a fry cook, so he could enjoy a simple life.
Rocky really was a snailHe was just really shy, so he was always hiding in his shell. When he thought everyone was focusing on Gary and Snellie instead of him, he decided to take his chance and won the snail race before hiding back in his shell.
Squidward will move to JapanHis last name must be big there.
Squidward sucks at his clarinet because of Plankton.Back in the day, Squidward was good(or just normal) at playing the clarinet. This changed when Plankton, while controlling Spongebob, called him "mediocore." It caused a major blow to his confidence, resulting in Squidward slipping up and becoming the terrible musician we know today.
Spongebob shares the same universe with Jimmy NeutronIn the Jimmy Neutron episode "Operation Rescue Jet Fusion", when Jimmy and co. are swimming for Jet Fusion's tracking device, right behind them is a conspicuously placed pineapple...
- But SpongeBob is animated in 2D and Jimmy Neutron is animated in 3D. It could just be a coincidence.
- Considering Spongebob's universe is no stranger to Medium Blending, what with the use of live action, cut-outs, stop motion, and CGI all being present in the show at one point or one recurring occasions alongside the hand-drawn animation, it doesn't make the theory any less plausible. And concerning how a CGI cartoon like Jimmy Neutron could possibly coexist with the live action segments of Spongebob (which on occasion use Medium Blending as well), that could probably be chalked up to a matter of artistic license of visual perception.
The infamous scene with the anemone from Your Shoe's Untied wasn't originally a porn or something other inapproriate.In Spongebob Squarepants Wiki, the scene is known as Coral TV, which is possibly a famous Bikini Bottom channel that shows corals and anemones. One day, when Bikini Bottom was trading with land animals, Coral TV found nature documentaries of sea life that were made by humans. Coral TV put them on, and Bikini Bottomites were offended, because it was made by humans and so casted them as wild animals. They tried to cancel it, but Coral TV so liked them that it turned mentioned documentaries to anemone porn. And the rest is history.
Tentacle Acres is a ghetto.Let's face it - Bikini Bottomites hate Squidward. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that they hate the entire race of neurotic six-tentacled octopi, and the only ones who realize the true purpose of the Acres are the members of the Cephalopod Lodge.
- Squilliam neither seems to be living in Tentacle Acres or a member of the Lodge. Possibly due to being rich, he is one of the few members of his race to win the respect of the Bikini Bottomites.
There are many different lobsters in Bikini Bottom that all look alike.This is why, in some of the new episodes, "Larry" doesn't recognize Spongebob. It's because it's not Larry, it's a different lobster.
Krabby Patties are made with sea beef.What's sea beef, you ask? It's the under water equivalent of cow beef. It comes from sea cows!
Considering the fact that The Movie is canon as the finale...The episode "Band Geeks" is probably canon as the last TV episode. I mean, seriously, it is widely considered the best for the series, as well as Squidward finally being happy, it's just so obvious.
- It doesn't really have to be.
The reason littering appears to be treated as a very serious crime is...
- Just because they're underwater. Garbage that seems harmless in our world is known to be deadly to undersea life. Anyone who's seen the movie Happy Feet knows how dangerous it is for an animal to get stuck in a bit of trash.
- Alternatively, it's a poorly executed Green Aesop.
- Doubtful. There's never an explanation as to why it's treated so seriously, there's nothing to indicate that it's supposed to be for more than humor.
- Then again, given the fact that nuclear testing took place here, trash does have the potential to do worse things given the right baby steps.
- To add on, trash in the ocean has been known to cause more problems than just animals getting stuck in them. There was an incidence in real life where some well-intentioned but ill-informed people threw used tires into the ocean in an attempt to create an artifical reef. One of the reasons it failed as a project was toxins released from the tires and into the ocean. Not to mention that underwater, trash is more prone to moving around.
- Alternatively, it's a poorly executed Green Aesop.
Santa was all a dream (or a fatigue induced hallucination).
- When Squidward gave all his things and SpongeBob came and told him about Santa, the moment SpongeBob walked away, Squidward passes out from running around and not having any sleep. Him seeing Santa after that is a dream. Alternatively, Squidward didn't fall asleep and just had a fatigue induced hallucination.
- That would explain those spazzes that made Santa look as if he was drugged.
The Original Captain Magma (the man who originally wore Squidward's costume) is the Son of Professor Magma
- He shouts "krakatoa" because his mother was an Indonesian Woman, the costume functioned as a containment devise.
The Original Captain Magma becomes Professor Magma after contracting a Mutation disease.
- It altered his appearance permanently in exchange for enhanced power and increased intelligence (hence the title "Professor").
The Krabby Patty secret formula is human blood (what's counted as a human in Bikini Bottom)The reason nobody else is able to make Krabby Patties is because in each batch of Krabby Patties SpongeBob puts a drop of his blood on the patties; nobody else would think of that. In the episode "Plankton's Army", Mr. Krabs only told Squidward that Plankton wasn't the secret ingredient so he wouldn't quit. In a way plankton is in fact the secret ingredient since they are easy to find and catch. If Mr. Krabs sees one he will catch it and use its remains in the Krabby Patties. This is also why Krabby Patties are healthy—when you eat them you can use the blood for sustenance.
- And it somehow makes that Mr Krabs as a doctor scene have some sense.
The Krabby Patty secret formula does indeed contain plankton.Mr. Krabs just doesn't want anyone to know about it, and thus lied to Squidward. Considering whales are shown as fully sentient, and in "One Coarse Meal" it's shown that they eat sentient plankton...then at the very worst, eating plankton would be considered taboo. Plankton refuses to believe this is true, so deludes himself into thinking that isn't the case. And let's face it, Mr. Krabs is cruel enough to do this for money.
- Maybe plankton are discriminated against (remember Plankton's hillbilly cousins?) and everyone hates them, so it would be legal.
- Which may go to explain why Plankton in The Movie was so evil-he was willing to cannibalize his own race!
- Makes sense. "In One Coarse Meal", Pearl said she prefers salad over plankton. Similar to "Bossy Boots", where she says salads are hip compared to krabby patties. Pearl should likely know the formula since she is Krabs' daughter.
Sir Mixalot ships Patrick/SpongeBob and Squidward/SpongeBob.For a Burger King commercial, Mixalot wrote a version of his one-hit wonder praising the squareness of SpongeBob's... er... pants, the gist being (quote) "Squid and seastar can't deny." Given that the original song was about how men find big butts irresistible, the lyrics must state Mixalot's belief that Patrick and Squidward find SpongeBob's geometric ass attractive.
- Don't remind me of the GOD-awful Burger King commercial.
There is no "secret formula", and if there was, it was not important to the Krabby Patty.Mr. Krabs is just using it to mess with Plankton. What makes the patties so good are the fry cooks. SpongeBob made the patties out of authentic love and not for the purpose of bringing in money. Notice that any time Squidward tried to cook the patties, their secret formula didn't save them from being awful.
- Maybe Krabs merely invented the concept of a secret formula to make his food more appealing. The secret formula is only a marketing tool.
- In "Neptune's Spatula'', Neptune was able to make a thousand Krabby Patties in the time it takes SpongeBob to make one, but they are, by his own admission, no good.
- When Plankton kidnapped SpongeBob in one episode, he actually captured the secret formula.
- "The secret ingredient is...nothing!"
Continuing on this, the actual ingredients are awful.The actual ingredients are just as bad, if not worse than Plankton. Krabs is clearly a cheapskate, so he doesn't bother with decent materials. However, his incredible skills manage to mask this, even make the food taste good. This why he hired SpongeBob in the first place-he's creative and skilled enough to find a way for the food to taste good. Squidward's apathy towards fry-cooking is why his Krabby Patty's taste terrible. If Plankton was as creative as SpongeBob, the Chum Bucket would have plenty customers.
The Secret Formula to Krabby Patties includes crab meat.It's why Mr. Krabbs makes such a big deal about keeping it a secret, despite the recipe being useless unless you have a decent fry-cook (as one of the above theories states). If the folks of Bikini Bottom knew he was chopping up his own kind, possibly his own relatives even, for the sake of hamburgers, he'd be run out of town for sure! And he couldn't make money from the Krabby Patty if he was on the lam!
- Or he's using aquatic wildlife in general, already dead so he doesn't have to do any dirty work.
- That would make senses since crabs are scavengers.
- Or maybe they're made from non-sentient creatures. The show has some of those (sea horses, the lion in Plankton's gladiator show, possibly jellyfish).
- Yeah. "Blackened Sponge" had Sandy herding some sea cows. I assume that's what patty meat is made from.
- Of course, unless no one knows what chum really is, maybe they just don't care enough to run cannibals out of town...
- Depends on what species Mr Krabs is harvesting. In the Fry Cook Games, no-one called out the guy selling "fish-sticks." This hints that eating sentient creatures is legal. There's likely a taboo on it, so Krabs keeps things secret.
- Anyone who's tried to lure sharks knows what chum is: fish blood, fish oil, fish chunks, etc. The Bikini Bottom cops are extremely incompetent.
- That, or they believe in Carnivore Confusion.
All analogies to water seen in Bikini Bottom (such as Goo Lagoon, but can also be boiling 'water', tears, etc.) are actually oil.If it was simply water, there wouldn't be anything to see; it'd become part of the mass of seawater around them. Even if you refuse to accept the rest, you have to admit that Goo Lagoon is made up of a nasty oil spill. The rest can be explained as side effects of the pollution.
- Actually, it's mentioned in one episode by the narrator it's mud. I have NO IDEA how taps work, though.
- Maybe the water is brine.
- And the seas are the equivalent of those underwater lakes.
- Battle For Bikini Bottom says that it's goo. Make sense, because, well, GOO Lagoon?
- Guys, in this series, Water Is Air. I willingly suspend my disbelief
The series will end with SpongeBob confessing to Sandy, or trying to.Or at least him trying to ask her on a date. Think about it. Multiple official sources/medias have stated he likes Sandy however it's a "secret crush". That crush has gone nowhere in the past ten years or so. It seems OOC of the writers to add romance in while the series is going and actually keep it. So it makes sense it would happen during the finale.
- I bet my money on it happening in the series.
The Secret Formula is love.In the episode Neptune's Spatula, we NEVER see SpongeBob put on anykind of "secret" formula. However, he does read it a bedtime book. SpongeBob also is seen in other episodes giving loads of attention and care to them. Neptune, who makes the patties perfectly but coldly, loses because love is the secert formula. Its also what makes SpongeBob SquarePants such a good fry cook, because its his nature, and why Plankton cannot make anything edible. Mr Krabs keeps does not realize it to the public because when they realize that all you need to do to make good food is to treat it OK, many, better food seller will use it and make Krabs go out of buisness.
- Perhaps Krabs is a jerkass because he's rationing love for the Krabby Patties...
- He pours his heart and soul into the Krabby Patties, leaving barely anything. Plankton's such a bad cook because he lacks any passion for cooking, and is doing it solely out of his rivalry with Krabs. He pours all his love into his inventions, hence Karen. Mr Krabs has become a worse person due to removing almost all love in his body to make Krabby Patties because they aren't selling well.
- And wasn't there an episode where Pearl gets hungry (on a growth spurt or "spout") and SpongeBob feeds her a krabby patty, and she is suddenly fine? (I can't remember the episode name, it was probably "Growth Spout") Mr. Krabs asks what the secret was (because he'd been feeding her all night), and SpongeBob says "It was love, Mr. Krabs. It was love." Sure seems like a likely candidate for the secret ingredient.
- In Plankton's Army, it is revealed that "a cup of love" is a separate ingredient in the recipe.
- The secret formula can't have love in it. Plankton stole the formula in The Movie, and people enjoyed the patties. And there, Plankton was the complete opposite of love. The only way it would make sense is if you can substitute love with a very warped version.
- I think the secret formula is love. SpongeBob makes patties with love, and that's why they're great. Mr. Krabs is now a jerkass because he siphoned all his love into the krabby patties back when the former fry cook didn't love making them. Squidward doesn't love making krabby patties, and that's why his cooking is terrible. Same with Plankton. In the movie, Plankton siphoned some guy's love out and put it into the Krabby Patties. We don't see this guy, of course, but a WMG's a WMG.
- Oh, Plankton didn't siphon off "some guy's love." He siphoned off every single iota of love in his body. Or, to be more precise, he ripped out the ability to feel love from his mind, and used it to perpetually create Krabby Patties. Since he was still a villian (an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villian mind you, but a villian none the less), he was forced to do this. And that is why he became a a dystopian monster in The Movie.
- To carry on with this, Chum also has a secret ingredient... Hatred. And it actually is just as good as a Krabby Patty. The reason Plankton can't make it is because the "hate" he puts into it is actually envy and greed. Squidward, on the other hand, is genuinely hateful of pretty much everything, which is why his chum is so good that, when eating it, SpongeBob forgets what a Krabby Patty is.
The Bartender in the Movie put something in the ice cream to make the boys 'drunk.'Why do I always get the nuts?
- I think that was a joke on them getting hyped up on sugar. Like, "sugar high".
- I always just assumed that everything at the nut bar would have been slightly alcoholic anyway, since it was made up like a bar area. Just that SpongeBob and Patrick are lightweights.
- And they had way too much.
- And they stayed up all night doing it.
The magic conch shell is an item in a mass religionThink about it, In the episode where SpongeBob and Patrick ask questions to the magic conch, the explorer that finds them also has a conch. Who's to say that there may not be thousands of other followers of the magic conch...
- This troper always thought that was a shout out to Lord of the Flies.
- ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!!!
Alternatively to and based on the WMG above, the magic conch is Inglip.
- Warning: Ridiculous.
- YES. ALL HAIL INGLIP.
The Movie is the end of the series.This is why King Neptune is balding and has a daughter, plus there's the whole ending and the Krusty Krab 2.
- This is What Could Have Been.
- Alternately (about King Neptune and his daughter) perhaps there are two Neptunes—King Neptune the king and King Neptune the god. Maybe the king was named after the god (or vice versa).
- This. I've been saying this since the movie came out. King Neptune is not necessarily the god Neptune, kind of like Jesus is a very common first name but not everyone named Jesus is Jesus Christ.
- Confirmed by Word of God.
- The movie definitely happened way after the timeline of the series. I realized this when Patrick kept saying road, road, road. At first it seems like just a lame thing to make you laugh because you think it's an echo when really it's just him saying road over and over. But, if you watch new episodes of the series, if you remember the Road Song they sing in "A Squarepants Family Vacation", it starts out by patrick repeatedly saying road. Patrick probably was just reminded of the song and said "sorry" because it was clear SpongeBob wasn't in the mood to join in.
- However, a second movie is being made. So it's anyone's guess.
They are what happened to all the members of LostSpongeBob is Sawyer Mr.Krabs is Jack Squidward is Ben Sandy is Walt And Patrick is Kate
SpongeBob Invented Water bending.By carefully controlling the flow of water through his holes, and controlling a swarm of cells detached from his body floating around him, he invented waterbending.
It will end soonIt's over ten years old. It should be ending soon. Remember Rugrats and how much Nick loved it? Then it went away, eventually.
- You're too optimistic. Much like Fighter from 8-Bit Theater, SpongeBob is too stupid to die.
The series isn't in Chronological orderThe episodes after the movie take place before it, sometime between the last episode before the movie and the movie itself. SpongeBob and Patrick went into a temporary state of extreme immaturity and annoyance, and began becoming more mature, until the end of the movie where they've become respectable adults. That explains the OOC behavior of the characters post-movie and the lack of characters from the movie being mentioned. Any episode with explicit references to the movie, such as the ones with KK2 in them, are: A. Episodes taking place before the movie but with episodes with events similar to the ones in the movie taking place before them. B. A dream. C. Take place after the movie.
- Likewise, the last episode will be after the movie.
Old Man Jenkins is number 2 from The Prisoner
- Think about it- he keeps popping up as different fish people, and he is also willing to complain/nag to everyone like number 2 did to number 6.
There are many more than 2 Krusty Krabs
- Starting with the Krusty Krab 2, Mr. Krabs expanded his empire to numerous other restaurants, all of which he expects SpongeBob and Squidward to maintain by themselves. Whenever a Krusty Krab is destroyed at the end of an episode, it is not rebuilt off-screen, but is simply abandoned. Whenever the Chum Bucket is not visible across the street or a landmark is closer or further from the Krusty Krab than previously shown, this is a different restaurant from the original Krusty Krab.
Season 4 onwards actually is set after the movie
- The giant "2" on top of the Krusty Krab 2 was not meant to be canon, and was purely a visual identification for the audience; KK2 still exists, along with many other Krusty Krabs (see above).
- SpongeBob and Patrick's Flanderization into Jerkasses was the result of a misinterpretation of the Aesop they learned at the end of the film: they thought that acting mature means acting like a dick.
- Plankton broke out of jail (wasn't there an episode that began with him breaking out?). He still needs the formula because he never bothered to write it down, he just fed it into a machine that began cranking out Krabby Patties.
- Alternately, he still tries to steal the formula because his first priority is running Krabs out of business- no formula, no Krabby Patties (at least in Plankton's eye).
- King Neptune has not appeared in-person since the film, so he and Mindy's absence could be explained as the writers just forgetting about them.
- Wrong, he appeared again in The Clash of Triton with the same appearance and voice-actor as Neptune's Spatula. No sign of Mindy, though.
- SpongeBob and Patrick completely trashed Goofy Goober's while drunk from the ice cream, so Goofy Goobers would probably have to a) close for a little while to clean up, and b) never let SpongeBob and Patrick in again.
- Perhaps SpongeBob and Patrick's banning from Goofy Goober is the reason they became douchebags later on?
- Mr Krabs became Faux Affably Evil thanks to being frozen, yet still aware for days. Plankton is even more of a Butt Monkey because he crossed his own Moral Event Horizon. When he got out, Plankton became mellowed out, even shocked at himself for the lengths he went too. However Krabs is hell-bent on revenge, and wants to make his enemy as miserable as possible. He's even more of a cheapskate due to being angry that no-one helped him.
To continue with the Plankton torment, a future episode will have him developing his own secret formula for something and be very successful, even more so than Mr. Krabs.The catch is that he developed it by accident and doesn't know some of the key ingredients. It'd be a race against time to figure them out before he runs out of product to sell. Of course, Mr. Krabs, not wanting Plankton to be successful at anything whatsoever, will actively try to steal or sabotage his formula (he's supposed to be the good guy, by the way). The episode would end with the remaining batch being destroyed (probably by SpongeBob) just before Plankton can figure out the final missing ingredient, and the recipe being Lost Forever. Plankton will end up crying on the floor in complete misery as Mr. Krabs just looks and laughs at him, as customers leave the Chum Bucket for the Krusty Krab en masse. End episode.
- I think the creators already played on this with the "Chum is Fum!" episode.
The Patty Wagon from the movie is made from an actual hamburger, like the kind that would be eaten by humans, made of beef.
- If you compare the size of the Patty Wagon and the "Cyclops" (and other human characters in the movie), it is sized about right for this comparison. Also, when Dennis finds a sesame seed from the car, he actually calls it a sesame seed, whereas Krabby Patties have "seaweed seeds."
- They do use sesame seeds in the show though, in "Just One Bite" Spongebob tells Squidward that he comes to work early to "count the sesame seeds".
In Bikini Bottom, littering is a capital crime/the severity of the punishments for crimes are flipped.This is practically canon. TONS of times, characters are punished way out of proportion just for littering. Think about it. The Tattletale Strangler (jail), Squidward (community service, CONSTANTLY) in the episode where he has to clean up Bikini Bottom, Mrs. Puff (twenty years of prison) in the episode where she crashes into the Krusty Krab, Patrick/SpongeBob (90 days) in the episode that Patrick gets a driver's license and boat, etc. Also, speeding laws do not exist. (Cops don't notice if a person is speeding through the city way too fast, they notice that the boat had no front license plate.) I'll elaborate more on this tomorrow...
- Don't forget about Blackjack, he was also in prison for littering as well.
The SpongeBobs and Patricks at the end of "Back to The Past" ended up either getting killed or kept coming until the world was filled with them and they took over.I got this idea from watching the episode, and wondered what happened to all those SpongeBobs and Patricks by the end. They either took over the world and made the world by their own ways or they were all killed so they didn't take over.
Most of the show is Squidward's delusions.This would explain the Flanderization. Over time, Squidward became more fed-up with SpongeBob's childish antics and his lackluster life-breaking under the stress. SpongeBob, not the brightest bulb, didn't realise his pestering was degrading his neighbour's mental state. By the time he realised this, it was too late-Squidward began to hallucinate(which was at the beginning of the flanderization). It became a vicious cycle. When Krabs passed the Moral Event Horizon (in his hallucination, anyway) the last threads of his sanity snapped, and was trapped in his delusions. Whenever the characters act like who they were pre-flanderization, it is Squidward's mind trying to heal itself. If Krabs is no longer a Karma Houdini, it means Squidward is gaining back his sanity.
In the SpongeBob SquarePants universe, whales are fish instead of mammals.Pearl talks underwater and breathes it just fine, instead of having to hold her breath. It was also odd that in "Karate Choppers", after saying "It's poisoning your mind", Mr. Krabs sniffs Sandy and walks away muttering "Hmm mammals" as if his own daughter was not a mammal as well.
- Well, for one, the mutated by radiation theory might explain why Pearl doesn't breathe. Going along with the theory that Mr. Krabs raised Pearl from a very young age, he forgot she wasn't a crab.
- Jossed in that episode where Sandy ran out of air, Pearl said that she was an air-breathing mammal.
There is a nearby town called "Bikini Top"And probably various other swimwear towns.
- Maybe "Bikini Top" is on the surface? Like on that island, perhaps?
All cops in Bikini Bottom are sadistsLook at the episode "Hall Monitor". The cops apparently saw Patrick was scared of the picture of the Maniac. They share a sneaky look and keep showing it to Patrick, who keeps screaming. After a while, they get bored and tell Patrick to be careful while driving off, laughing. In the episode, "The Patty Caper", at the end, where the judge sentences Mr. Krabs to give out Krabby Patties for free all day the next day, flash forward to the next day, where Mr. Krabs is screaming while two cops hold him down. As the episode ends, the cops are LAUGHING while Mr. Krabs thrashes and screams in horror.
- Oh my god. When I was a kid, I always hated the cops for some reason, and now I know why.
In SB-129, the voices that Squidward hears saying "Alone." in the white void were the voices of other dimensional travelers who wished to be alone, and therefore became trapped in that same void.Since Squidward got there through frantically pressing the lever in the time machine, he was sent to that void which is presumeably empty for the most part. Through various instances of scientific advances or time machine mess-ups, other people became trapped in that same void. Due to the emptiness and expanse of it, words that are spoken echo through the void. Because there is a possibility that all of the time-travelers got there through wanting to be alone, the word "Alone" was the word that echoed to Squidward. Since Squidward came with that same desire to be alone, if he hadn't found a way out of the void, he would have eventually become one of the disembodied voices.
The "Spongey Patties" from the episode "The Krusty Sponge" are made from real sponge "meat."They caused people to turn yellow and get holes, as if they were turning into sponges, and this is reminiscent of when SpongeBob and Squidward were injected with snail plasma and turned into snails. Plus, I don't buy post-movie Mr. Krabs' explanation that some old, rotten patties "turned yellow." Plenty of fish actually ate the Spongey Patties and got sick, but if they were that rotten, no one would even go near them (let alone eat one!), like in "Born Again Krabs" when Mr. Krabs attempted to sell one patty that wasn't even bad enough to turn yellow.
- It's been shown that SpongeBob is capable of regnerating parts of his body almost immediately, and doesn't seem to mind at all. So it's concievable that SpongeBob could do this.
There is still another Squidward in the freezer from SB-129, even if the real one is being shown in the cartoonThe real Squidward will die of natural causes eventually, so, 2,000 years later, the Squidward from the freezer thaws.
- This will be jossed if they ever go into the freezer in an episode airing after March 6, 2017.
The Krabby Patty secret ingredient is Cocaine, or another highly addictive drug.A lot of money can be made from drug dealing, and we all know how much Mr. Krabs loves money, but he can't risk getting caught and arrested, so he hides the drugs in his Patty formula. It would explain why Krabs gets so much business and has so many 'loyal customers'; they're addicted to his Patties. Plankton could also be addicted—Krabs gave him either a trial-Patty, or the drug itself, before they became business rivals (perhaps in college)—which is why he gets all sweaty and desperate when he's near a Krabby Patty. He's learned to control his addiction for the most part, but when taunted, he will relapse. He's tried to mimic Krabs 'recipe' countless times, but can't make it as well as Krabs does. Drugs would also explain why a single bite of a Krabby Patty got Squidward completely addicted.
- It can't be drugs. That would be too inappropriate for this show and you know it!
I'm Dirty Dan
- No, I'm Dirty Dan!
- No, I'm Dirty Dan!
- No I'M dirty Dan!
- No,I'm Dirty Dan!
- What makes you think you're Dirty Dan?
- You're both wrong, I'M F*** ING DIRTY DAN!!!!!!!!!!!
- So you're not Dirty Dan! Unless...
- I'm Dirty Da-AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!
- Screaming will get you nowhere.
- WHICH ONE OF YOU FELLERS IS THE REAL DIRTY DAN?
- I am
- (Throws that Troper across the room)
- I am dirty dan, come with me if you want to live.
- I'm Dirty Dan, and so's my wife.
- Won't the real Dirty Dan please stand up?
- Cause I'm the real Dirty Dan, yes I'm the real Dirty Dan, and all yall other Dirty Dans are just imitating!
- it doesn't matter anyway I'm Dirty Dan
- I'm hoping the REAL real Dirty Dan makes an appearance in the show's finale
- Jossed, the movie's the finale...I'm Dirty Dan!
- I'm Dirty Dan, and I disapprove this WMG
- And I'M the King of the Teensies!
- None of you is Dirty Dan! I'M Pinhead Larry!
- But you ain't got no legs, Dirty Dan!
- No, I'm Dirty Dan, damn it!
- Screw you all, I'm Dirty Dan!
- The name's Dan. Dirty Dan.
- I broke the dam...
- He's Dirty Dan, he's Dirty Dan, you're Dirty Dan, I'M DIRTY DAN! Are there any OTHER Dirty Dans I should know about?
- Everyone's Dirty Dan! I'm Dirty Dan!
- I'M SPARTACUS!!!
- No! No more Dirty Dans! I can't take it!
- No I'M dirty Dan!
Two monotheistic religions exist in The VerseIn one episode, we see a couple discuss whether Neptune is the king of the sea, or if it is Poseidon. Of course, since we know that Neptune exists and no idea about Poseidon, this raises some questions on the writers' idea on religious tolerence...
- Maybe it's the equivalent of Protestantism/Catholism. Poseidon came before Neptune, so Neptune would be Protestantism.
The Movie is a Christian allegoryIn the movie SpongeBob leaves Bikini Bottom to save Mr. Krabs from being killed by King Neptune, he is later snatched up by the "Cyclops" and is killed by the lamp's heat. However, his, and Patrick's tears come together to form a heart, and that causes the chord to malfunction and the sprinks to come on thus this revives SpongeBob and Patrick. He then returns to Bikini Bottom to defeat Plankton, and saves the town by the Goofy Goober song.I mean, this practically makes SpongeBob a Messianic Archetype doesn't it?
The secret ingredient of the Krabby Patty is...Drugs. Just like in McDonald's, where its been said they put morfine in the children's menu. Still don't know which one could be, but it has to be a very powerful one, capable of producing insane happyness the first time you try it. This is why no one refuses them.
- the existance or contents of a krabby patty MUST be revealed during the final episode!
- Didn't SpongeBob say it in "Plankton!"? Then again, it may have changed since then, and/or that description may not have been detailed enough.
The Salty Spittoon is a front for an underwater Fight Club.Think about it. Fight Club takes place in a bar (which Salty Spittoon is the equivalent of), people are being refused access (some due to weakness, some because they're too fucking blonde, etc.) but they eventually get in if they demonstrate their toughness, usually by fighting. (If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.) Also, SpongeBob ends up out of the club because he's proven that he's not tough enough to be of any use to Project Mayhem after all, and that he didn't really beat people up with his mind, which would be of great use to them. Also, the bouncer seems to vary on how mean he is to SpongeBob, sometimes mean, sometimes telling him to get away for his own good.
The secret ingredient is thousand island dressing.The ingredient costs less than a dollar, starts with a letter after R (Plankton had apparently tried everything in the alphabet up to "raw sewage"), and it would fit the nautical theme of the show. Also, Krabs once dressed as a clown and built a play place to entice children to come, which is similar to McDonald's. And guess what the "special sauce" on a Big Mac is?
The sounds that Squidward hear in the "Idiot Box" episode comes from his mind.Specifically, it comes from his subconscious mind. When he's walking back and forth ranting about how SpongeBob and Patrick can produce odd sounds from imagination and being inside a box, he's in fact imagining something that those two actually imagine in the box. Everytime Squidward opens the box, the sounds disappear because he knows subconsciously that the two are stop imagining and talking to him, and when he goes inside the box with them, he hears nothing coming from them because his subconscious is subdued because he's carefully listening to them. In other words, he has more hidden imaginations than SpongeBob and Patrick.
- I sort of got a hunch that they weren't messing with him in the end when SpongeBob said "Squidward's got the hang of it". Meaning there was a little something to that box.
The "Cephalopod Lodge" is apparently some super freaky cult.This could explain why the workings of this "club" aren't mentioned for two reasons really. 1, because cults especially super satanic cults don't like any outsiders in their business, 2. Because it's nickolodeon. When Squidward caused outsiders to find out the cult he must of broke some of their solemn oaths probably about it's privacy. They didn't execute Squidward because as I said it's nickelodeon so they just booted him out. Every cult has a pretty face false cover but under it is something really nasty, that's why it looks like flowers and sunshine to someone who doesn't know anything about it, unless it's some bullcrap cult.
- More than likely, it's a reference to the Freemasons, as Masons aren't allowed to reveal the traditions and subject of meetings. Whether or not that's any better depends on your views of Masons.
- Or, considering they're cephalopods, they worship Cthulhu.
In the SpongeBob universe, all of the plankton in the sea are related to (Sheldon) Plankton.This is why he has so many relatives and they seem to all share a last name. That whole species is one big family.
Some cosmic power was intervening to bring Squidward home from the void in "SB-129".Squidward admits that he missed his hometown, his house, and even SpongeBob; and no sooner than he says so is he immediately whisked back home. He had only banged on the (broken) controls right before that. It was like he tapped his heels together and said "There's no place like home", and then magically returned home. Whether it was the divine, magic, or something else, it almost seems like things had gone according to some plan.
Contradicting the previous theories about this subject the creator's of this show made SpongeBob appear gay for a joke.Since the show was starting to get so popular so fast the creator's decided to add a little seasoning in it. Since the ratings were so high(meaning more money also) the creator's decided it would be okay to turn it up. What better way then add a sex topic, instead of clich'e heteresexuallity and make SpongeBob a lady killer because how many show's didn't use that? They instead made SpongeBob a little homo or at least apparently homo. When the show first started SpongeBob was a manly man despite the fact that he was weak as dirt, but still he was metaphorically a hairy chest man even when it came to jelly fishing, but since the show was already getting so popular they didn't want to ruin it by throwing in the same old routine: SpongeBob just working at his job, annoying squidward a little bit, him trying to be as man as he can be, him playing with his apparent girlfriend(sandy). Because we know that when shows do that they dry up real fast so the creator's decided to bring so many new things to the table. Instead of making SpongeBob a too good of a neighbor that sometimes annoy squidward but still is good company, instead they change him into a psychotic obssesive creep that harrases and apparently sexually covet's his neighbor, they decided to make spongebob ambigiously gay for patrick instead of just two innocent normal friends, and they shift SpongeBob from a steadily productive headsmart good employee to a psychological workaholic. Think about it, if everything or better yet everyone stayed the same from when the series began:SpongeBob just being a little eccentric sponge and not psychotic stalker, Patrick being a neighbor with at least a little common sense, Mr. Krabs not being a slavedriver to 100%, and SpongeBob not being ambiguously homo, etc. How great would the series be right now.
Pearl is apopted and Mr.Krabs saved her.Ok, there is no way Pearl can be that realated to Mr.Krabs, There has to be a way Pearl's mother let Mr.Krabs keep pearl. If you are a Creepypasta reader, You might know what i'm talking about.
The Taylor Swift references in "Tunnel of Glove" were intentional.
- At one point, Pearl tells SpongeBob he can "speak now". Later, SpongeBob says he will "fearlessly" lead the way.
The final episode will have Squidward getting Killed Off for Real.It's after SpongeBob has defeated the villain (probably Mr. Krabs, Plankton, or the Flying Dutchman) and there will be a sequence where SpongeBob is looking for Squidward and finds him, crushed beneath a building. SpongeBob quickly takes Squidward to the doctor, but it's too late to save him. Squidward is about to hit SpongeBob when the latter tells the former that he saved Bikini Bottom. Squidward smiles, then confesses that all this time he had only been pretending to hate SpongeBob, and also that as a child he never had any friends. They hug, and Squidward's life slowly drains away with dramatic music. Cue Spongebob standing over Squidward's dead body, holding him and crying. Here's a tissue.
The people in Bikini Botton aren't anthropomorphic.The reason why we see them that way is because that's how they interpret the world around them. Consider that, whenever someone gets out of the sea, they look more realistic. That's because it's what they actually look like. This would also include the enviorment: the interior of most houses would be hollow, Krabby Patties are their interpretation of hunting food(SpongeBob is really good at it), and clothes are imaginary. Their world might as well be that of Finding Nemo. And Humans Are Cthulhu is in full effect.
- What about, for example, Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy, Pearl, The Flying Dutchman, the Atlanteans, etc?
Zeus Cervas and Casey Alexander are trying to move the show to FOX so they can make an adult-orientated show and try to make it the next The Simpsons.Have you seen enough evidence? With all the times they were Getting Crap Past the Radar, I think that they are just trying to move it to FOX so they can see it on FOX because they think that Nickelodeon is the worst channel and want to make Spongebob more popular than The Simpsons. But for my next one...
Stephen Hillenberg lied when he said that Spongebob was an asexual.He did it to knock the Radars off his back and to avoid future problems with them. With Nickelodeon and the Radars clearly fooled he can now get so much sh*t past the radar and no one would not even so much as complain about it because Spongebob is so called "asexual". The whole spongebob is an asexual LIE is a poor yet effective excuse used to well "excuse" Spongebob's bizarre sexuality as well as his suspicous gestures comments and actions.
The SpongeBob movie was SUPPOSED to be the series finale.Just like the series the movie scored so many ratings and of course pleased so many hearts that everyone demanded more episode as well as Nickelodeon to rake in more dough. Thus forcing the creators of Spongebob to come out of an intended very brief early symbollic retirement.
- Confirmed by Word of God.
The 2015 film will have an Award Bait Song.Maybe an extended cover of "This Grill Is Not A Home", sung by some some famous artists? The second Rugrats movie had one.
Eggman Nega was one of the voices in Squidward's white voidAt the end of Sonic Rivals 2, Eggman Nega is sealed in another dimension. He is never seen again after that. Maybe Squidward ended up in the same void?
- And now two more Eggmen have joined him.
The series will end shortly after the sequel.Well, come on, they already lied about the movie being the ending, so this will most likely be it. The series could still go on.
- Most likely to be jossed. There is some evidence suggesting it will continue after the movie, plus there is a tenth season in the works.
- And now there's an eleventh season in the back burner.
The water (not the water they breathe of course, but the water they use) is not the same as normal water.It's denser than normal water possesing more hydrogen. Its element is H 3 O instead of the their breathing water H20.
The SpongeBob Squarepants movie is non-canon.Think about it a bit.
- Word of God says it's canonically the last "episode."
- Guess you're right.
- It may or may not be canon.
The series will eventually give a What the Hell, Hero? to the main protagonists.In essence, each of the characters who have Taken A Level In Jerkass will end up taking their flanderized character traits too far, resulting in them getting into a lot of trouble, and end up with them beginning to realize that they've gone too far. This would serve as a way of redeeming the characters in the eyes of the viewers.
- Spongebob will end up, in stunning ignorance and obsession, finally causing Squidward's fragile psyche to snap. After having a Freak Out, Squidward will be kept under house surveillance to keep him from harming himself. Misguidedly Spongebob will try to comfort him, only to ruin his life more and drive Squidward even further down the brink. After seeing that Squidward has utterly lost it(as in "violently freaking out whenever he sees anything sponge-shaped and going catatonic"), SpongeBob will be horrified at what he's done, and begs people to figure out why. He'll realize that his naivety isn't an excuse for everything, and will keep in mind not to irritate others that much. He'll help Squidward get back his sense.
The Krabby Patty is made of chum
- Wouldn't it be something if the one thing that has eluded Plankton all these years was right under his nose this whole time.
- Well, in one episode, it was revealed to contain ' a pinch of chum " which explains Plankton's overuse of it.
- But that was from Plankton's POV which was revealed to be false so he was probably lying about chum being an ingredient.
Krabby Patties actually are nutritious.The secret ingredient may be a nutritional supplement or several of them, all of which have obscure names. The reason why Plankton hadn't discovered it is because at least part of it uses a supplement with a name alphabetically after raw sewage.
The secret ingredient or another portion of the Krabby Patty is actually a closely guarded government secret.Krabs just so happens to have loads of dirty secrets about it that even the incompetent as hell Bikini Bottom police will treat as important (or he just has them in the bag with either lots of cash or lots of secrets). Because of this, he can afford to keep a monopoly on the ingredient(s) in question. If it doesn't start with X or anything else after r, it being something so closely guarded that even Plankton or Sandy would have no idea it existed would give Plankton a severe downside to discovering it.
Plankton would get at least sharks for customers if he bothered to cook something edible.Chum is implied to contain lots of extremely inedible things in addition to what we consider normal chum, such as anchor rust and possibly the many dangerous scientific and biological wastes produced by the Chum Bucket's flow of scientific experiments. Presumably Squidward's recipe for fricasseed chum is much more edible, even if some or all of the herbs and spices were skipped.
The show will get at least one Spin-Off.
- Sandy Show, anyone?
SpongeBob Really Exists..But the goverment hides the truth under the name "Nickelodeon". Stephen Hillenburg discovered this back when he still a marine biologist. So the government took him and told him to hide the secret. So he created a tv show.
In the SpongeBob Universe, Spongebob is actually a TV show, and everyone in the show are just actors playing out characters for either us, or other fish.This explains a lot, like for example it explains the continuity, and how every episode seems to not reference other episodes.
Reading someone else's diary is a major crime in Bikini BottomPerhaps this is why the entire town was punishing Squidward so harshly after reading SpongeBob's diary. A cop also quoted "I had a diary once. My brother read it. I had a brother once...".
- Considering that running a stoplight on foot can give you years of jail time, I can see the Bikini Bottom Police dolling out that kind of punishment.
One day, Spongebob discard its Negative Continuity become a character development oriented show, similar to Regular Show and Adventure Time.All flanderization will be explained, flanderized characters will be redeemed, and there will be multiple call backs that establish the presence of a continuity. Humor will be balanced out with oddly deep storytelling WHEREIN CHARACTERIZATION WILL. BE. CONSISTENT!!! ... Hey, I can dream can't I?
The show will only get be cancelled when Tom Kenny kicks the bucket.Namely because no one else can play the character like him.
Stephen Hillenburg will return as the show-runner after the second movieAfter leaving the show in 2004, it is confirmed he will be co-producing the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2. Who knows, maybe then he'll resume his position directing new SpongeBob episodes to decrease the amount of Seasonal Rot the series has suffered during his hiatus.
- According to this interview, Hillenburg does indeed plan to get back to the show in order to brainstorm for fresh material.
- Finally CONFIRMED by Paul Tibbit on December 10th, 2014!
A new character will be added to the main castA lot of Long Runners have done it, why not SpongeBob? Nickelodeon will definitely try something to ensure its top show stays on top. What better solution than to introduce a character with unique traits, who can bring in new scenarios to SpongeBob and the fans.
- Please no. The Fairly OddParents tried this about three or four times and each attempt only made the show even worse.
The intro will change in the futureIn addition to the new character part, this would also help to increase viewership. Like what many Long Runners (such as The Fairly OddParents, The Simpsons, and Family Guy) have done, SpongeBob's intro will change to a more HD look. Hopefully it will still keep that popular flute trick SpongeBob does with his nose.
- Confirmed. As of "Sandy's Nutmare", the intro is remastered in HD.
Mr. Krabs will be a villain in the second movie.There have been episodes where he's a selfish Jerkass, so why not have him become a villain in the second movie?
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy will appear in the second movieI know you've heard of Ernest Borgine's death, but the fact is that Mermaid Man is now being voiced by Joe Whyte, who voiced him in the video games.
A spin-off(s) will be made after the original series endsSpongeBob is apparently so popular that Stephen Hillenburg or someone else may want to produce a spin-off (or less likely a franchise of spin-offs) of the show. Could SpongeBob join the Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, and others in the picture?
- Highly unlikely,considering it has been 15 years and nothing happened, plus what side character in this show is worthy of having the spotlight.
SpongeBob will have a crossover with The Fairly OddParentsThese are currently the two longest-running shows on Nick. Remember the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour trilogy? Once again considering Nick's desperation for publicity, it's almost inevitable that they'll bring these two shows together someday.
- You know, I can totally see how this would work. Not getting into much detail, Timmy could have to write an essay on Underwater Creatures, and the day before it's due, he asks Cosmo and Wanda to give him the ability to breath underwater to study the real thing. He goes underwater, and discovers the Bikini Bottom, and through a series of events, stop Plankton from once again stealing the Krabby Patty Formula. Timmy writes this all down, and makes it his essay, which Mr. Crocker doesn't believe, and gives him an F.
A future episode will reveal Pearl's origin
- For any of you are wondering how a crab could have a whale for a daughter. If she was adopted, the episode will reveal Pearl's real parents. It will explain how/why they lost her and, after years of searching, finally find their long lost child. There will be a major Tearjerker where Mr. Krabs and Pearl say their goodbyes as the latter leaves with her family. But then under some circumstances, she will realize she was happier with Mr. Krabs and come back to him.
- Alternatively, in a Darker and Edgier story, it will be revealed that Pearl's parents were apparently killed by whalers, caught in fishing nets, or washed up on a beach. Then in a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, Krabs will somehow discover the young orphaned Pearl and end up adopting her as his own.
The show will last as long as The SimpsonsWith the titular character yet to earn his boating license and the Krabby Patty formula yet to be revealed, I think it's safe to assume that SpongeBob SquarePants - one of the most influential shows/characters today - is far from leaving us. The Simpsons is still going strong even after its air date in 1989, despite claims of Seasonal Rot.
In the upcoming movie, the characters will become humanAccording to this trailer, SpongeBob and his friends will finally be able to travel on land. So this theory is a possibility.
- JOSSED. The movie is now confirmed to be about the characters becoming CGI.
- But that doesn't mean it might not happen in a future episode.
There will be a Star Wars specialSeveral animated series (including Robot Chicken, Family Guy, and more recently Phineas and Ferb) have Star Wars-themed episodes. So why not SpongeBob? Below are some possible character roles.
- SpongeBob: Han Solo
- Patrick: Chewbacca
- Squidward: C-3PO
- Gary: R2-D2
- Sandy: Princess Leia
- Mr. Krabs: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Plankton: Darth Vader
- Bubble Bass: Jabba the Hut
- Wait, what about Luke? Ok, let's just say Luke is Patchy....
Squidward's Karma is more insidious than it seemsAbout Squidward's toenail incident in "House Fancy"... here's some quotes from three seasons prior, in "Club SpongeBob":
- SpongeBob: Why don't you ask... the Magic Conch, Squidward?Squidward: Oh, yeah, like that'll happen. Right after I consult the Magic Toenail.note
- In its sister episode "My Pretty Seahorse", Squidward tells himself to remember his karma, right before tumbling down a hill and exploding.
The Rusty Krab was built in honor of Rusty Rickets.When Rusty's Rib Eye was demolished, a retirement home was built in its place and named in tribute to the late Rusty Rickets. It eventually went bankrupt, bought out by Eugene Krabs, and the rest is history.
An episode will involve Sandy taking SpongeBob and Patrick to TexasInstead of that rushed ending with stock images in "Rodeo Daze", it will be the focus of a special episode. This time, we would take a visit to the town Sandy grew up in and meet her family for the first time. The main villain will most certainly be a western outlaw.
The photo in 'The Secret Box' is the photo taken by Squidward in 'Christmas Who'Think about it. The former episode aired after the latter, and Patrick said that it was an embarassing photo of Spongebob during last christmas. The only christmas episode to have aired before 'The Secret Box' (or at all) was 'Christmas Who', and in that episode, a photo of Spongebob was taken.
Dragon Ball Z is a real show in-universeIn the episode "Face Freeze", Patrick makes a face very similar to Majin Buu from DBZ (Check the Shout-Out page if you're interested). If this is true, then many other TV shows in Real Life could make the other Shout-Outs make more sense.
The Lich is the Ugly Barnacle.He's definitely ugly in more than one way, and as a result of his wish for "the extinction of all life" everybody did die. Well, until Jake retconned the wish and life came back. Why Patrick of all people remembers is unclear.
- I'll just assume he was friends with Prismo.