DOOM: Repercussions of Evil
is an infamous Doom
fanfic and the best known work of Fanfiction.net
user Peter Chimaera
. The story focuses on space marine John Stalvern as he fends off a demon attack on his base that he has been expecting for years.
Like My Immortal
, the story is well known and has spawned numerous parodies and dramatic readings, including a presentation
using Garry's Mod
, and dramatization
(and hammier remake
) made with The Movies
. There is also a song
and even a Madlib
. The story was eventually unpersoned
from Fanfiction.net, but was reposted.
It can also be found here.
See also this version
, as proof of the Fiction Identity Postulate
Compare Half Life Full Life Consequences
, and this cutscene
from the Doom
game parody WAD Mock 2: the Speed of Stupid
- And Then John Was a Zombie: The Trope Namer
- Calling Your Attacks: The Cyberdemon says "I will shoot at him" before he fires the rocket missiles.
- Cassandra Truth: Cernel [sic] Joson doesn't listen to his warnings.
- Cruel Twist Ending
- Department of Redundancy Department: Rocket missiles.
- "[...] and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway."
- Determinator: John Stalvern. He only thinks about stopping the demonic invasion, even as he's being crushed to death.
- Diabolus ex Machina: The ceiling falling during the fight with the cyberdemon.
- Downer Ending: John is a zombie. Or, at least, he becomes one. We think.
- Dramatic Reading: A major target for them.
- Dramatic Thunder: "The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air"
- Falling Ceiling Of Doom
- Flashback: John flashes back to a moment from his childhood when he watched spaceships with his father, who didn't approve of his desire to be on them, lest he 'BE KILL BY DEMONS'
- Gainax Ending: Why does the ceiling collapse? Why does John become a zombie? Who's talking on the radio at the end?
- For the first one, ceilings tend to collapse when you start firing your palsma [sic] rifle in random directions.
- For that last one, it's probably "Cernel Joson" (most dramatizations use the same voice). However, it makes no sense like everything else in this story because he was telling John to fight the demons earlier. There's a good chance it's his own mind, as he comes to this realization.
- The ending seems to imply that John was always a zombie, and his attacks on the "demons" was him attacking humans. Which, insanely, actually adds some unexpected depth to the Doom games if this holds true for all of the zombies. In fact, it is possible this plot was stolen from a 90's Outer Limits episode which ended almost the exact same way. Or the other way 'round, depending on which came first. No, seriously.
- The Hero Dies: John
- Mandatory Twist Ending
- Masquerade: John used to believe in demons when he was young, but then he stopped when he got oldered. However, demons are real in the story.
- Oh Crap: "HE GOING TO KILL US"
- Rouge Angles of Satin
- Space Marine: John.
- Stealth Parody: One could possibly believe that a person with few English and writing skills could write something this bad. However, writing this bad for 7 years seems suspicious, and writing Desert Bus fanfic seals the deal.
- The Killer in Me
- Tomato in the Mirror
- Troll Fic
- Troperiffic: True, it doesn't contain a huge number of tropes, but look at it in a "trope density" sense. The story has 211 words. There are currently 33 tropes listed on this page (including this one). That's more than one trope every seven words. This trope page is currently longer than the work itself.
- The Voice: Cernel Joson
- Wham Line: "No, John. You are the demons."