Fan Fic / DOOM: Repercussions of Evil
DOOM: Repercussions of Evil
is an infamous Doom
fanfic and the best known work of Fanfiction.net
user Peter Chimaera
. The story focuses on space marine John Stalvern as he fends off a demon attack on his base that he has been expecting for years.
Like My Immortal
, the story is well known and has spawned numerous parodies and dramatic readings, including a presentation
using Garry's Mod
, and dramatization
(and hammier remake
) made with The Movies
. There is also a song
and even a Madlib
. The story was eventually unpersoned
from Fanfiction.net, but was reposted.
It can also be found here.
See also this version
, as proof of the Fiction Identity Postulate
Compare Half-Life: Full Life Consequences
, and this cutscene
from the Doom
game parody WAD Mock 2: the Speed of Stupid
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Flashback: John flashes back to a moment from his childhood when he watched spaceships with his father, who didn't approve of his desire to be on them, lest he 'BE KILL BY DEMONS'
- Gainax Ending: Why does the ceiling collapse? Why does John become a zombie? Who's talking on the radio at the end?
- For the first one, ceilings tend to collapse when you start firing your palsma [sic] rifle in random directions.
- For that last one, it's probably "Cernel Joson" (most dramatizations use the same voice). However, it makes no sense like everything else in this story because he was telling John to fight the demons earlier. There's a good chance it's his own mind, as he comes to this realization.
- The ending could be taken a couple different ways. If we go by the source material, Doom, we can guess the demons killed John and possessed him. The ending also seems to imply that John was always a zombie, and his attacks on the "demons" was him attacking humans. Which, insanely, actually adds some unexpected depth to the Doom games if this holds true for all of the zombies. In fact, it is possible this plot was stolen from a 90's Outer Limits episode which ended almost the exact same way. Or the other way 'round, depending on which came first. No, seriously.
- Masquerade: John used to believe in demons when he was young, but then he stopped when he got oldered. However, demons are real in the story.
- Oh Crap!: "HE GOING TO KILL US"
- Space Marine: John, for fourteen years.
- Stealth Parody: One could possibly believe that a person with few English and writing skills could write something this bad. However, writing this bad for 7 years seems suspicious, and writing Desert Bus fanfic seals the deal.
- Troperiffic: True, it doesn't contain a huge number of tropes, but look at it in a "trope density" sense. The story has 211 words. There are currently 36 tropes listed on this page (including this one). That's more than one trope every six words. This trope page is currently longer than the work itself.
- The Voice: Cernel Joson
- Wham Line: "No, John. You are the demons."