Despite its intended audience of children, the SpongeBob SquarePants
franchise has amazing soundtracks to fit the mood.
- "The Stranger in Town" fits the western standoff theme between SpongeBob and Bubble Bass, despite being about food.
- Pressure Point from "Grandma's Kisses" (despite only being briefly played) may count as one, as in order to be a man, "You must acquire a taste for freeform Jazz."
- The Mob is another memorable tune, from when SpongeBob inspected the city as Hall Monitor.
- "Band Geeks" is widely regarded as one of the series' most awesome episodes, and it culminates in a singularly awesome Bubble Bowl half-time performance of "Sweet Victory" by the main cast, with special mention going to SpongeBob on lead vocals, Patrick on drums, Mrs. Puff on lead guitar, Plankton on keyboard and backing vocals, and Squidward as bandleader. It's hard to resist joining the (live-action) crowd in waving lighters during the performance. No wonder Squilliam had a heart attack upon seeing the band's performance.
- "Advanced Attack" sounds similar to an epic naval battle, but is most prominently used when Larry saved a man in "Sponge Guard on Duty". This signifies how Badass Larry was during his time as a life guard.
- Attack is often used when someone is warned of the dire situations at hand, creating a scene of panic. Also, it sounds amazing.
- Need a theme to strike terror and soil trousers when ever you appear? Well "Malleus Mallificarum (a)" seems to the just the thing for The Flying Dutchman!
- "Robot Spongebob/Robot Plankton/Chum Bucket theme" is pure awesomeness for a good licensed game.
- During the opening sequence of "F.U.N.", the use of "Heroes Win" creates a badass mood when SpongeBob decides to save the day. Then "Chase that Car" is badass swing to fit the Cat and Mouse scenario SpongeBob and Plankton are in.
- "Chill Out", AKA Season 1 Plankton-based episodes title music. This suave theme fits the villainy present in those episodes.
- "Dramatic Cue G" is a song fitting for any Adventurer during the Dark Ages.
- F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and anytime at all...
- "Goofy Goober Rock" from the movie; not just the song, but the scene it accompanies. Spongebob uses The Power of Rock to free Plankton's buckethead slaves. Probably the greatest Deus ex Machina of all time.
- "Stadium Rave A", the music used during the famous "Jellyfish Jam" dance sequence.
- Whenever "Send Them Victorious" plays, you KNOW something awesome will happen!
- "The Grinder". Pure awesomeness.
- It may be in live-action, but "Underwater Sun" as an awesome song.
- For another awesome live-action song, "Bubble Beat Box". They knew how to make SpongeBob walking sound awesome!