Lets Play: Pink Kitty Rose
Pink Kitty Rose, Cat Gamer!
Pink Kitty Rose is a person who does playthroughs of video games on YouTube
. An avid fan of platformers, mostly Mega Man, she engages in Let's Plays on her account.
What makes Pink unique from the Eleventy Zillion
other Let's Play accounts is two things. First, her videos include captions or annotations explaining what to do in that game instead of relying on verbal commentary. Second, she's one of the few successful enough to warrant a website to showcase her works.
account can be found here
and she has her own website here.
She now has a fangame. See here for more.
Games she has done a playthrough of:
Tropes applying to her or her playthroughs:
- All There in the Manual: A lot of information about Pink herself can be found on her website or in her explanatory video.
- Berserk Button: Real Is Brown and most female fanservice tropes.
- Boobs of Steel: Pink, in real life, exercises frequently. Her avatar is appropriately endowed.
- Badass: When you manage to beat three guys in a race, one of which is a good speedrunner and the other is Roahm Mythril without any practice whatsoever, you're this.
- To add insult to injury to Kit, the speedrunner, she beat the game moments before Kit did so.
- Canada, Eh?: Subverted. Pink almost never does or says anything stereotypically Canadian.
- Although, during her playthrough of Mega Man 6, she does take the time to lampshade the stereotypes in Blizzard Man's stage.
- Cat Girl: Her fursona of choice.
- Character Portrait: Sometimes accompanies a caption, illustrating her feelings on that particular part of a playthrough.
- Cute Little Fang: She usually has them on her avatar.
- Cuteness Proximity: Browse her fanart long enough and you'll get this.
- Dead Pink Snarker: She dips into this during live broadcasts and once in a while during normal videos.
- Difficult but Awesome / Heart Is an Awesome Power: Pink will often show off powers that are usually discarded as useless that are actually amazing once you figure out how to use them. The Top Spin being the most prominent example.
- Does Not Like Spam: She hates vegetables.
- Drop the Hammer: Her Weapon of Choice in most games, mostly Kirby.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Mega Man 3's Top Spin and Mega Mari's Rolling Slash. Spinnnnnnn~!
- Furry Fandom: Is part of it, in case the name and fursona didn't tip you off already.
- Gamer Chick
- Guide Dang It: Referred to by name in regards to part of the final dungeon in Zelda II.
- Irony: During her A Super Mario Thing playthrough, Pink swore she never had or would play a Touhou game. One month later, she did the eight game for a live broadcast and shortly after that, a playthrough of Mega Mari. Then her fans created Pink Rose Garden Touhou.
- Lipstick Lesbian: More of the Straight Gay Distaff Counterpart take on this trope than the girly-girl take.
- Let's Play
- As noted above, the vast majority of her playthroughs rely on captions or annotations to explain aspects of the game she's playing, her opinions and such. In the description for the first of her Shovel Knight videos, which featured the more traditional live commentary, she said that the game could probably be considered her first real Let's Play.
- Mind Screw: Her thoughts on the final Zelda II dungeon as a whole.
- Oh, Crap: Her reaction to a 1st turn Armageddon in Worms, thanks to CutManMike.
- She has this reaction to varying degrees any time someone breaks out Armageddon or a Banana Bomb, but as Pink notes in the video, the sheer improbability of actually getting a first turn Armageddon...
- Player Tic: Pink has been known to fire in time to the music when she's not doing anything else of note onscreen.
- Precision F-Strike: She refers to the Zelda II scorpions as being "bloody annoying".
- She occasionally swears in live streams and Mega Man races.
- Rage Quit: Pink is calm and patient enough to avoid this during her live streams. That being said, she came fairly close to losing it a couple of times:
- Running Gag: Again in the Worms videos: Pink forgetting that the Banana Bomb's great explosion radius was not increased by a Double Damage powerup.
- Self-Deprecation: Pink adds commentary after recording, sometimes months after, and sometimes comments on the crazy stuff she did. The best example is her Yoshi's Island videos were recorded significantly before she started adding commentary and she admonishes her "past self" for the more unusual behavior.
- Self-Imposed Challenge: Sometimes she gives herself a challenge to make a playthrough more interesting. These can include:
- Shout-Out: During the Metroid: Other M live broadcast, some of the others burst into the Forklift song from the MST3K episode of Fugitive Alien.
- The Silent Bob: She only uses two kinds of commentaries on her L Ps: Via text or in some occassion vocally. A Link to the Past and Shovel Knight is where she does things vocally and with friends with the former.
- Symbol Swearing: Only happened once, and that was when she was really, really mad.
- Take That: Mostly at things agitating her in the game she's playing. Much more frequent and about other things in the live broadcasts.
- True Companions: The only way to describe her relationship with Roahm Mythril, Shagg, Kit and BlackRaiden, to the point where she refuses to name one of them as her best friend.
- The Voiceless: Usually Pink herself, at least on her YouTube channel. She doesn't actually say all that much without others around, and her voice tends to inspire Viewer Gender Confusion.
- Subverted in her Worms videos, her Phantasy Star Online, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Shovel Knight playthroughs.