open/close all folders
- To start with, the entire fanfic. However, here are some specific examples.
- The first chapter:
- The Stylistic Suck of the Mary Sue fanfic Weiss reads and how hilariously Out of Character Weiss and Blake are- Weiss is subjected to Chickification while Blake is subjected to Ron the Death Eater.
- Yang utterly trashing the dorm in search of a bottle of shampoo in 'RWBY Reacts to RWBY Trailers, Part 2'. And just afterwards, Weiss's punishment towards an innocent Cardin.
...the sounds of screaming left terror in the hearts of men in all of Beacon and nearby houses for a week.
- 'Weiss Reacts to Yanderes'. Specifically, Velvet kidnapping Weiss, forcing her to read terrible smut featuring thinly-veiled expies of her and Weiss, and then Weiss getting rescued by Ruby, who proceeds to get into a cheek-pinching fight with Velvet over Weiss!
- 'Weiss Reacts to Elf's Badfic'. This is where the fic starts to pick up its reputation for being one of the most meta fanfics in the archive, to be exact.
- 'RWBY at Animecon'. All of it. From Blake getting stoned on catnip, Kagami and Konata forcing Weiss to take a picture with them, Jaune being groped by Ren and ogled by other men, to Ozpin forcing Glynda to call him the God-Emperor of Swag....and the implication that this all happened last year as well.
- 'Weiss Reacts to Dear Fanfiction'.
- The Nanako Incident:
Oooooh....even NANAKO calls you a manwhore!
- The Xiao Long Incident:
- During 'Blake and the Great Mecha Battle', an Atlesian Paladin piloted by Cinder attempts to intervene in a fight between Blake with Yang and Weiss with Ruby in Blake's recreations of the Gurren Lagann and the Nirvash. Cue Cinder's Oh, Crap moment at realising that both of their mecha are taller and more powerful than hers, and then a casual punch from the Gurren disassembling the Paladin entirely.
: "I-I just haven't had t-time to grow out yet! L-Let go of me!"
- Sir Lyserg. For the four chapters he features, he fails to not be somewhat funny.
- Cinder trolling Glynda:
Cinder: Like what I left you?
Glynda: (covered in soot and maple syrup, clenching her fists) You.....
- Later, in the fic 'Homecoming':
Glynda': CINDER FALL I WILL MURDER YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW IF YOU DO NOT RELINQUISH MY DIARY
- How Cinder acquired the diary: She bribed Yang with pizza for her safe password.
- Nora Reacts to Wrath of the Valkyrie:
Cardin: I don't see how you [put up with Nora].
- 'Wrath of the Valkyrie' is a fanfic about Nora pranking everyone in Beacon for various reasons, usually minor ones. The fic by itself is already a Crowning Moment of Funny, but Nora's reactions to it are even funnier:
Nora: (reacting to the idea of taking her beloved sweets) NO PYRRHA I WONT LET YOU TOUCH MY BABIES
Nora: Okay, this one has knee-breaking....BUT I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH REN ENOUGH
- Cardin's reaction to Nora. Also, Pyrrha's Death Glare making even Nora back down. Nora.
- 'Weiss Reacts to Pokemon':
"THESE TRAINERS ARE FAR TOO POWERFUL"
- The protocol for calming down Weiss when she goes on a rant? Summon Sharkie-chan and invoke Cuteness Proximity in Weiss.
- Yukari calling the author out on including her in Weiss Reacts for his own purposes. Counts as Self-Deprecation.
- The author then proceeds to apologise- probably to the readers, but it's not a stretch to imagine, considering the fic has No Fourth Wall that he's apologising to her instead.
- Everytime Velvet gets a chapter to herself, it's implied she goes over to the author's house and knocks him out to use his computer and make herself the protagonist.
- Despite this, she still gets curbstomped by Ruby. In her own chapter.
- In fact, pretty much any time the author does anything. He's a Butt Monkey of his own characters.
- Pyrrha's reaction to 'Here by the Altar', due to it shipping Jaune with Weiss. The trick? The Twist Ending is that Jaune was getting married to Pyrrha in the fic.
- In an earlier chapter featuring the story 'Pyrrha(c) victory', Pyrrha's various reactions to the stuff in the story. Basically, by the end of it, she wants to, among other things, invoke Clothing Damage to catch Jaune's attention.
- The Diary of Glynda Goodwitch, Part 1:
- Highlights of the chapter include: Roman commenting on everything, Glynda being flustered by absolutely everybody and everything, Cinder and Ozpin taking advantage of it and the wholly confused Chieri just casually reading the eponymous diary.
- Yuko's appearance at the end, where she ends up groping Glynda, much to the latter's discontent.
- The contents of the diary itself. A Maid Cafe, Nora's mother being a much worse Cloud Cuckoo Lander than her daughter and blowing up the east wing (twice) and Alexander constantly using Dynamic Entry via chariot.
- Part 2 is even funnier:
- Weiss Reacts to Transfer Students:
- A Melodic Comedy:
- Apparently everyone in the Reactsverse is yandere.
- Lukas' tablet getting hacked and Team Antic's motto playing.
- Coco-chan's Power Hour:
- Velvet Reacts to Velvet's Obsession, Part 1
- All the Recap chapters. It helps that they heavily lampshade a lot of the chapters in the fic itself while making fun of them.
- Velvet chanting about flat chests in her recap chapter and generally being obsessed with Weiss as usual.
- Minako using a rocket-propelled office chair to make her getaway from Dove and Russell.
- Weiss' hilarious responses to all fifty chapters of Weiss Reacts during her first recap chapter.
- Blake LITERALLY shaking the earth with incredibly badass songs and playing......all to make Yang dress like Nia. Yang's reaction when she realises that she'll have to dye her hair for it is priceless.
- Teams MAMI, SYKA, KYKO, HMRA and MDKA in Diary. They are all cosplayers who cosplay as the character their team is named for. Glynda is even invited to join Team MAMI for various related reasons.
- The Beacon Dance, Part 1:
- The Running Gag that Weiss sucks at video games gets amped up in Weiss Reacts to Weiss The Gamer, where it's mentioned that she somehow broke Mario Kart into not letting her respawn, among other things.
- Jaune Reacts to Badass Families:
- Weiss Reacts to Civilization V:
- Weiss trying to play Dwarf Fortress and having her fortresses shut down by ice wolves, evil weather, giant keas, fire snakes, kobold kidnappers and blind cave ogres.
- The Great Antic War arc:
- The reason said war is fought? Ren and Yang called the other out on being fanboys/girls of the Arc sisters.
- Ruby pulls a Heroic Sacrifice, Taking the Bullet for Weiss. Only said bullet is a custard pie and she isn't fatally injured. Weiss' is more than understandably irritated.
- Pyrrha and Lucina take the entire war as seriously as a real war and sympathise with Weiss 'losing' Ruby, despite the fact that Ruby is literally in the room next to them, playing on Weiss' computer.
- Cardin and Melanie pretend to be Star-Crossed Lovers and 'die' together when several stray shots hit them. Pretty much everyone except Weiss mourns their loss.
- How Yona is taken out of the war: Defeat by Modesty. And Yuko's reaction to taking a pie to the face is a bit over the top.
- Weiss Reacts to Beginnings:
- Velvet becomes Pyrrha's tutor in insanity.
"Do we do it?" Pyrrha whispered.
"NOW!" Velvet yelled.
Weiss and Jaune looked up, only having time to release a half-uttered 'What' before the burlap sacks descended upon them.
- Apparently, Nora once tried to eat Kyubey.
- Weiss escapes from her bindings and walks off, leaving Jaune still tied up.
- Sun Reacts to Sun Ragekong:
- Just the fact that the normally chill Sun lives up to the name by losing it with Blake's talk of manliness.
- The Noodle Incident involving Sun, Blake, bananas, a train and cows.
- Ruby demonstrating her perverted side by helping Yang pick out Stripperiffic Halloween outfits.
- Just the fact that all three characters reacting to the fic get irritated at it.
- Blake apparently hates her canon self,.....for not being manly enough.
- Weiss Reacts to Halloween:
- Lan's cameos. Especially when she scares the living daylights out of Weiss in the scary maze by accident by saying 'Woof'. Or when she manages to impress Nora.
- Hell, the scary maze is full of this, from Jaune being kidnapped by Pyrrha halfway through, to Weiss denying her fear repeatedly, to Yang and Blake ditching them there in the first place.
- Nora has apparently attempted to kidnap people for being adorable before. She tries it on the aforementioned Lan and who's implied to be Nagisa.
- Also, Nora's obsession with pancakes is taken to a new level when she tries to eat a giant pancake sign, demands pancakes become a Halloween staple and somehow manages to get pancakes and maple syrup while trick-or-treating.
- Cinder trolling Tohru and Roman- the former by shoving her in a very skimpy costume, the latter by taking him to who was implied to be a Shipper on Deck for the pair.
- Velvet's complaints about canon.
Velvet: "W-where's my love of Weiss-sempai?! Monty-sama, why do you do this to me?!!"
- Cinder suggests burning everyone to death to try and get in the queue for a nice restaurant.
- Throughout the chapter, Ruby is wearing a full-body penguin costume. This makes it impossible to imagine any scene from it without cracking up.
- Weiss Reacts to Camping Trips:
THAT IS NOT THE MANLY WAY TO GET DATES DO YOU AGREE
REAL MEN GET DATES BY ASKING IN A MANLY MANNER, NOT ABDUCTION
ALRIGHT LISTEN UP AND CLEAR THOSE DUSTY EARS OF YOURS YOU TWO
I AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SLEN D. MAN
HAUNTER OF FOUR-CHAN THREADS, DREAMS AND POOR COLLEGE AGE FILMMAKERS
AND JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM
- Yang reenacts the Mystery Food X incident from Persona4, right down to knocking Jaune out with her food. Nora, however, is a Supreme Chef who sends him into food Nirvana when he tries but one slice of her pancakes.
- The Truth or Dare game. All of it.
- Ruby recounting her Erotic Dream in Part 3.
- Blake's utter apathy when Cinder and Yuko try to scare her.
- "And nobody ate dinner that night." The Shout-Out is inevitable, yet no less delightful for that.
- Blake Reacts to We Were Close:
- Yang calling out the author on his blatant fanboying of Fire Emblem Awakening by having her play it in the story.
- The entire student council is apparently a bunch of mecha fans.
- Weiss engaging in Comically Missing the Point and somehow misses the blatant hints that Andreas Arc is the reincarnated Kamina.
- Blake complaining about fics not showing her manliness reaches a new level here. Also, everyone calling Mina a vampire.
- Yang's increasing jealousy towards Mina, who isn't even a real character, while Blake fawns over her.
- In part 2, the girls in general, although the Drinking Game and Weiss' responses to everything.
- In 'Weiss Reacts to Munchkin', Weiss getting absolutely trolled by Yang and Blake when they decide to throw all their monsters at her to screw her over.
- Blake Reacts to Music Standoffs:
- Blake's Oh, Crap at having to face Hokuago Tea-Time. And then her subsequent Unstoppable Rage when she realises a bunch of moeblobs are going to beat her.
- Also, the fact that Yui completely ignores Blake despite Blake declaring war on her,
- Blake brings out a dinosaur to try and grab attention from the crowd and away from Mio. So Ritsu drags Mio into a French Maid Outfit, causing the crowd to ignore the dinosaur entirely. Blake's reaction is priceless.
- The K-On! Girls actually won the competition. Cue Corner of Woe from Blake and smug smile from Weiss.
- The Winter Animecon is full of this:
- Pyrrha trying to work up the courage to ask Jaune out to a date is simply Adorkable. And then interrupted by Velvet running Jaune over with a shopping cart and knocking him unconscious.
- Ruby unwittingly mistaking Mami and Homura for cosplayers. And then Homura proceeding to buy every single Madoka plushie the store can offer.
- Slen. D. Mann is in the background, casually horrifying people with his presence while trying to buy a game. Bonus for Weiss and Ruby simply assuming he's part of the convention, too.
- The Gilligan Cut from Yang claiming to be immune to sleep to sleeping in Blake's lap was hilarious, too.
Diary Of Glynda Goodwitch
- Anything Miss Faust does. Anything.
- The fact that teams MDKA, HMRA, SYKA, KYKO and MAMI exist.
- I did not scream in moe schoolgirl terror!
- The incident that gets Glynda and everyone else banned from Pancake Land involves Emmy Valkyrie attempting to make a giant pancake in the middle of the park, among other things.
- Glynda's constant Les Yay towards Chieri, Yin and Cinder is Played for Laughs: she acts Tsun Dere to Cinder, fawns over Chieri and Yin, and constantly wants to hug them all and thinks of them in ways that no apparently 'chaste' person should be, all while constantly denying it.
- Neo manages to match Emmy and Nora in insanity, among other things forcing Glynda to hand over any ice cream she gets for the rest of her life in exchange for helping Chieri.
- The whole incident around Chieri and Siegfried breaking up, from Glynda baying for Siegfried's blood, the girls setting up a massive party to comfort Chieri, and the Four Horsemen riding in against what seems to be the whole female population of Beacon.
- Glynda loses to Yuko during a beauty contest. Yuko being a Ms. Fanservice, this would seem inevitable....until you realise that technically, she wasn't participating and she's invisible to most of the student body anyway. Glynda blames this on the fact that the Beacon student body are a bunch of perverts.
- Later, Yuko manages to somehow win Public Relations on the nascent Student Council.