Funny: Weiss Reacts
open/close all folders
- To start with, the entire fanfic. However, here are some specific examples.
- The first chapter:
- The Stylistic Suck of the Mary Sue fanfic Weiss reads and how hilariously Out of Character Weiss and Blake are- Weiss is subjected to Chickification while Blake is subjected to Ron the Death Eater.
- Likewise, the ending; Velvet wrote the fic. Also, her happy reaction to the one review she got; Weiss bashing the fic.
- Yang utterly trashing the dorm in search of a bottle of shampoo in 'RWBY Reacts to RWBY Trailers, Part 2'. And just afterwards, Weiss's punishment towards an innocent Cardin.
...the sounds of screaming left terror in the hearts of men in all of Beacon and nearby houses for a week.
- 'Weiss Reacts to Yanderes'. Specifically, Velvet kidnapping Weiss, forcing her to read terrible smut featuring thinly-veiled expies of her and Weiss, and then Weiss getting rescued by Ruby, who proceeds to get into a cheek-pinching fight with Velvet over Weiss!
- 'Weiss Reacts to Elf's Badfic'. This is where the fic starts to pick up its reputation for being one of the most meta fanfics in the archive, to be exact.
- 'RWBY at Animecon'. All of it. From Blake getting stoned on catnip, Kagami and Konata forcing Weiss to take a picture with them, Jaune being groped by Ren and ogled by other men, to Ozpin forcing Glynda to call him the God-Emperor of Swag....and the implication that this all happened last year as well.
- 'Weiss Reacts to Dear Fanfiction'.
The author: (talking to Velvet about getting a larger part in future chapters) GODDAMMIT I'M TRYING TO HANDLE ENOUGH META HERE I DONT NEED YOUR YANDERE FANTASIES CLOGGING UP MY STORIES
- The Nanako Incident:
Oooooh....even NANAKO calls you a manwhore!
- Firstly, Ruby and Yang's reaction to realising that Nanako and Yu are in Vale. Then Yang's Female Gaze as Yu leaves....
- Weiss' attempt to not make Ruby look like a stalker failing entirely and only being saved by the timely arrival of Cardin.
- Dove and Russell getting treated to a Ziodyne courtesy of Yu Narukami. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Nanako calling Jaune a manwhore. Doubles as a Call Back:
- The Xiao Long Incident:
- During 'Blake and the Great Mecha Battle', an Atlesian Paladin piloted by Cinder attempts to intervene in a fight between Blake with Yang and Weiss with Ruby in Blake's recreations of the Gurren Lagann and the Nirvash. Cue Cinder's Oh, Crap moment at realising that both of their mecha are taller and more powerful than hers, and then a casual punch from the Gurren disassembling the Paladin entirely.
Weiss: "I-I just haven't had t-time to grow out yet! L-Let go of me!"
- Also, Velvet:
- Sir Lyserg. For the four chapters he features, he fails to not be somewhat funny.
- Cinder trolling Glynda:
Cinder: Like what I left you?Glynda: (covered in soot and maple syrup, clenching her fists) You.....
Glynda': CINDER FALL I WILL MURDER YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW IF YOU DO NOT RELINQUISH MY DIARY
- Later, in the fic 'Homecoming':
- How Cinder acquired the diary: She bribed Yang with pizza for her safe password.
- Nora Reacts to Wrath of the Valkyrie:
Cardin: I don't see how you [put up with Nora].
- Nora hurling around sloth plushies and raving about breaking people's knees.
- 'Wrath of the Valkyrie' is a fanfic about Nora pranking everyone in Beacon for various reasons, usually minor ones. The fic by itself is already a Crowning Moment of Funny, but Nora's reactions to it are even funnier:
Nora: (reacting to the idea of taking her beloved sweets) NO PYRRHA I WONT LET YOU TOUCH MY BABIESNora: Okay, this one has knee-breaking....BUT I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH REN ENOUGH
- Cardin's reaction to Nora. Also, Pyrrha's Death Glare making even Nora back down. Nora.
- 'Weiss Reacts to Pokemon':
"THESE TRAINERS ARE FAR TOO POWERFUL"
- Weiss picks Piplup because it's adorable. She also names the rival Yang.
- Weiss constantly getting Bidoof when trying to catch a Starly, before losing the Starly to a critical hit.
- Later, she loses to a Ponyta with Momo (the aformentioned Piplup). Keep in mind that in Pokemon, Water trumps Fire.
- The protocol for calming down Weiss when she goes on a rant? Summon Sharkie-chan and invoke Cuteness Proximity in Weiss.
- Yukari calling the author out on including her in Weiss Reacts for his own purposes. Counts as Self-Deprecation.
- The author then proceeds to apologise- probably to the readers, but it's not a stretch to imagine, considering the fic has No Fourth Wall that he's apologising to her instead.
- Everytime Velvet gets a chapter to herself, it's implied she goes over to the author's house and knocks him out to use his computer and make herself the protagonist.
- Pyrrha's reaction to 'Here by the Altar', due to it shipping Jaune with Weiss. The trick? The Twist Ending is that Jaune was getting married to Pyrrha in the fic.
- In an earlier chapter featuring the story 'Pyrrha(c) victory', Pyrrha's various reactions to the stuff in the story. Basically, by the end of it, she wants to, among other things, invoke Clothing Damage to catch Jaune's attention.
- The Diary of Glynda Goodwitch, Part 1:
- Highlights of the chapter include: Roman commenting on everything, Glynda being flustered by absolutely everybody and everything, Cinder and Ozpin taking advantage of it and the wholly confused Chieri just casually reading the eponymous diary.
- Yuko's appearance at the end, where she ends up groping Glynda, much to the latter's discontent.
- The contents of the diary itself. A Maid Cafe, Nora's mother being a much worse Cloud Cuckoo Lander than her daughter and blowing up the east wing (twice) and Alexander constantly using Dynamic Entry via chariot.
- Part 2 is even funnier:
- Weiss Reacts to Transfer Students:
- A Melodic Comedy:
- Apparently everyone in the Reactsverse is yandere.
- Lukas' tablet getting hacked and Team Antic's motto playing.
- Coco-chan's Power Hour:
- Velvet Reacts to Velvet's Obsession, Part 1
- Tohru's Butt Monkey status is cemented when she spends half the chapter unconscious due to Espresso groping her and uncovering her Hidden Buxom.
- Espresso then proceeds to do the same to a very horrified Fox, and gets absolutely owned by Yatsuhashi.
- Velvet ignoring everything entirely and fixating entirely on trying to get tips so she can get her Weiss. She even qualifies Weiss and Ruby getting together as a minor setback.
- Vivi being a Deadpan Snarker despite being The Unintelligible. And Yatsuhashi remaining The Comically Serious throughout.
- In Part 2, Tohru gives up on Velvet. The Pollyanna actually gives up on Velvet. Well done.
- Velvet being rendered a Butt Monkey by Vivi, cementing the latter's Little Miss Snarker status.
- Cinder turning into a Mad Bomber and Jeremiah's response.
- All the Recap chapters. It helps that they heavily lampshade a lot of the chapters in the fic itself while making fun of them.
- Blake LITERALLY shaking the earth with incredibly badass songs and playing......all to make Yang dress like Nia. Yang's reaction when she realises that she'll have to dye her hair for it is priceless.
- Teams MAMI, SYKA, KYKO, HMRA and MDKA in Diary. They are all cosplayers who cosplay as the character their team is named for. Glynda is even invited to join Team MAMI for various related reasons.
- The Beacon Dance, Part 1:
- Apparently, Nora and Ren plan to enter the dance with a Tantor, Blake with Neko-Lagann, and Minako with a rocket-propelled shipping cart. Jaune's reaction is utterly priceless, as well as Minako casually shaking him off like it was nothing.
- Blake punching Pyrrha in the face to get her to quit moping. It's also awesome, too.
- Melanie and Miltiades arguing about tuxedos and leather jackets.
- Nora Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- Part 2 has Pyrrha attempting to find badass quotes.
- Part 3 has Blake interrupting the duel between Minako and Pyrrha, Velvet kidnapping Weiss (again) and Cinder causing explosions trying to acquire burritos.
- The Running Gag that Weiss sucks at video games gets amped up in Weiss Reacts to Weiss The Gamer, where it's mentioned that she somehow broke Mario Kart into not letting her respawn, among other things.
- Jaune Reacts to Badass Families:
- Aspasia utterly stomping Dove.
- Maeve and Lucina get introduced beating up Russell and Sky respectively. Maeve even puts the fear of god in Weiss, of all people.
- Euphemia apparently doesn't know the difference between a canteen and a catering classroom.
- Yin referring to the Antic War and O-Mikuru-sama.
- Weiss Reacts to Civilization V:
- Yang failing a spot check and not noticing that Weiss just captured her entire territory while she was conquering Ren.
- Lucina trying to pull a Big Damn Heroes.....and being horribly stomped by Yang and Ren.
- Ruby snatching victory from both Weiss and Blake by building the equivalent of the Illuminati.
- Fionn being knocked out by Yang's Mongol hordes after making literally ONE city on the mainland. Poor guy can't catch a break.
- Apparently, Pyrrha thinks Aspasia is a brocon. Much to the latter's horror and irritation.
- Also, Blake's reaction to Weiss taking her Gurren Lagann anime and merch for a week if she wins.
- Weiss trying to play Dwarf Fortress and having her fortresses shut down by ice wolves, evil weather, giant keas, fire snakes, kobold kidnappers and blind cave ogres.
- The Great Antic War arc:
- The reason said war is fought? Ren and Yang called the other out on being fanboys/girls of the Arc sisters.
- Ruby pulls a Heroic Sacrifice, Taking the Bullet for Weiss. Only said bullet is a custard pie and she isn't fatally injured. Weiss' is more than understandably irritated.
- Pyrrha and Lucina take the entire war as seriously as a real war and sympathise with Weiss 'losing' Ruby, despite the fact that Ruby is literally in the room next to them, playing on Weiss' computer.
- Cardin and Melanie pretend to be Star-Crossed Lovers and 'die' together when several stray shots hit them. Pretty much everyone except Weiss mourns their loss.
- How Yona is taken out of the war: Defeat by Modesty. And Yuko's reaction to taking a pie to the face is a bit over the top.
- Weiss Reacts to Beginnings:
"Do we do it?" Pyrrha whispered.
- Velvet becomes Pyrrha's tutor in insanity.
"NOW!" Velvet yelled.
Weiss and Jaune looked up, only having time to release a half-uttered 'What' before the burlap sacks descended upon them.
- Apparently, Nora once tried to eat Kyubey.
- Weiss escapes from her bindings and walks off, leaving Jaune still tied up.
- Sun Reacts to Sun Ragekong:
- Just the fact that the normally chill Sun lives up to the name by losing it with Blake's talk of manliness.
- The Noodle Incident involving Sun, Blake, bananas, a train and cows.
- Ruby demonstrating her perverted side by helping Yang pick out Stripperiffic Halloween outfits.
- Just the fact that all three characters reacting to the fic get irritated at it.
- Blake apparently hates her canon self,.....for not being manly enough.
- Weiss Reacts to Halloween:
Velvet: "W-where's my love of Weiss-sempai?! Monty-sama, why do you do this to me?!!"
- Lan's cameos. Especially when she scares the living daylights out of Weiss in the scary maze by accident by saying 'Woof'. Or when she manages to impress Nora.
- Hell, the scary maze is full of this, from Jaune being kidnapped by Pyrrha halfway through, to Weiss denying her fear repeatedly, to Yang and Blake ditching them there in the first place.
- Nora has apparently attempted to kidnap people for being adorable before. She tries it on the aforementioned Lan and who's implied to be Nagisa.
- Also, Nora's obsession with pancakes is taken to a new level when she tries to eat a giant pancake sign, demands pancakes become a Halloween staple and somehow manages to get pancakes and maple syrup while trick-or-treating.
- Cinder trolling Tohru and Roman- the former by shoving her in a very skimpy costume, the latter by taking him to who was implied to be a Shipper on Deck for the pair.
- Velvet's complaints about canon.
- Cinder suggests burning everyone to death to try and get in the queue for a nice restaurant.
- Throughout the chapter, Ruby is wearing a full-body penguin costume. This makes it impossible to imagine any scene from it without cracking up.
- Weiss Reacts to Camping Trips:
THAT IS NOT THE MANLY WAY TO GET DATES DO YOU AGREEREAL MEN GET DATES BY ASKING IN A MANLY MANNER, NOT ABDUCTIONALRIGHT LISTEN UP AND CLEAR THOSE DUSTY EARS OF YOURS YOU TWOI AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY SLEN D. MANHAUNTER OF FOUR-CHAN THREADS, DREAMS AND POOR COLLEGE AGE FILMMAKERSAND JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM
- Professor Faust and Kanoe's reactions to being 'forgotten' at Beacon by Glynda. Especially Faust, who acts as if there is absolutely no reason why Glynda would not want her to accompany her to camp.
- Apparently, the Slender Man is a Gurren Lagann fan. And a Gentleman and a Scholar who enjoys A Spot Of Tea and just wants friends. And his only company? The Sensei-chan Christmas Cake Gretchen Faust and the incredibly perverted ex-ghost Yuko Kanoe.
- Hell, Slen. D. Mann's speech:
- Yang reenacts the Mystery Food X incident from Persona4, right down to knocking Jaune out with her food. Nora, however, is a Supreme Chef who sends him into food Nirvana when he tries but one slice of her pancakes.
- The Truth or Dare game. All of it.
- Ruby recounting her Erotic Dream in Part 3.
- Blake's utter apathy when Cinder and Yuko try to scare her.
- "And nobody ate dinner that night." The Shout-Out is inevitable, yet no less delightful for that.
- Blake Reacts to We Were Close:
- Yang calling out the author on his blatant fanboying of Fire Emblem Awakening by having her play it in the story.
- The entire student council is apparently a bunch of mecha fans.
- Weiss engaging in Comically Missing the Point and somehow misses the blatant hints that Andreas Arc is the reincarnated Kamina.
- Blake complaining about fics not showing her manliness reaches a new level here. Also, everyone calling Mina a vampire.
- Yang's increasing jealousy towards Mina, who isn't even a real character, while Blake fawns over her.
- In part 2, the girls in general, although the Drinking Game and Weiss' responses to everything.
- In 'Weiss Reacts to Munchkin', Weiss getting absolutely trolled by Yang and Blake when they decide to throw all their monsters at her to screw her over.
- Blake Reacts to Music Standoffs:
- Blake's Oh, Crap at having to face Hokuago Tea-Time. And then her subsequent Unstoppable Rage when she realises a bunch of moeblobs are going to beat her.
- Also, the fact that Yui completely ignores Blake despite Blake declaring war on her,
- Blake brings out a dinosaur to try and grab attention from the crowd and away from Mio. So Ritsu drags Mio into a French Maid Outfit, causing the crowd to ignore the dinosaur entirely. Blake's reaction is priceless.
- The K-On! Girls actually won the competition. Cue Corner of Woe from Blake and smug smile from Weiss.
- The Winter Animecon is full of this:
- Pyrrha trying to work up the courage to ask Jaune out to a date is simply Adorkable. And then interrupted by Velvet running Jaune over with a shopping cart and knocking him unconscious.
- Ruby unwittingly mistaking Mami and Homura for cosplayers. And then Homura proceeding to buy every single Madoka plushie the store can offer.
- Slen. D. Mann is in the background, casually horrifying people with his presence while trying to buy a game. Bonus for Weiss and Ruby simply assuming he's part of the convention, too.
- The Gilligan Cut from Yang claiming to be immune to sleep to sleeping in Blake's lap was hilarious, too.
- The Cockerel Festival, packed full of awesome as it is, contains these too.
- Weiss absolutely curb-stomping Yang after having to listen to her trash-talking counts, as well as Yang's reaction.
- SUPER DUPER ADORABLE BUNNY BEATING OF DEATH! And later, Unlimited Yandere Works. Before, Norn shutting down Velvet after the latter brags that she'd win.
- Blake deciding to play One OK Rock's 'The Beginning' to Ruby's Big Damn Heroes moment. Also counts as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- The Valentine's Day Special:
- Pyrrha and Minako's comical rivalry over Jaune.
- The fact that neither Jaune nor Winter can actually leave their dorms without being mobbed by their admirers.
- Later, Winter setting Russell's pants on fire for attempting to hit on her.
- The Xiao Long Appreciation Society....being overshadowed by Winter and Jaune's collective fanboys and fangirls. And Yang's declaration of "I WILL RECLAIM THE SEXY".
- Pyrrha dispersing the admirers outside JNPR's dorm with a Jaune plushie with his cologne. Said Jaune plushie is nearly torn apart by his stalkers.
- Minako using Sexy Dance to try to make Jaune fall for her...only for it to fail horribly due to being busy trying to keep his stalkers off of him.
- And finally, the subverted Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny between Pyrrha and Minako, only for Winter to drag them off on a triple date with Jaune- completely unaware that she's in love with Jaune or that she's even in the harem. Weiss then proceeds to blame Yang, as usual.
- In the Agents of Beacon chapter, Weiss and Yang's reaction to Freezerburn, Nora constantly hinting she wants to "have Ren's babies" and Ren's reactions to all of this. Also, how the chapter starts- Professor Faust unleashed Cthulhu on Beacon, forcing Beth and Tukson to deal with it.
Diary Of Glynda Goodwitch
- Anything Miss Faust does. Anything.
- The fact that teams MDKA, HMRA, SYKA, KYKO and MAMI exist.
- I did not scream in moe schoolgirl terror!
- The incident that gets Glynda and everyone else banned from Pancake Land involves Emmy Valkyrie attempting to make a giant pancake in the middle of the park, among other things.
- Glynda's constant Les Yay towards Chieri, Yin and Cinder is Played for Laughs: she acts Tsun Dere to Cinder, fawns over Chieri and Yin, and constantly wants to hug them all and thinks of them in ways that no apparently 'chaste' person should be, all while constantly denying it.
- Neo manages to match Emmy and Nora in insanity, among other things forcing Glynda to hand over any ice cream she gets for the rest of her life in exchange for helping Chieri.
- The whole incident around Chieri and Siegfried breaking up, from Glynda baying for Siegfried's blood, the girls setting up a massive party to comfort Chieri, and the Four Horsemen riding in against what seems to be the whole female population of Beacon.
- Glynda loses to Yuko during a beauty contest. Yuko being a Ms. Fanservice, this would seem inevitable....until you realise that technically, she wasn't participating and she's invisible to most of the student body anyway. Glynda blames this on the fact that the Beacon student body are a bunch of perverts.
- Later, Yuko manages to somehow win Public Relations on the nascent Student Council.