We start with a black U.S. Army general who, in the beginning, looks like a good, respectable possibility for a black president. No scandals in his past at all.
But The Chessmaster The Man
and his evil organization get to the general and leave him brainwashed.
Right when he's supposed to be announcing his candidacy, he gives up his dream of politics to run a chain of fried chicken restaurants. It's evil fried chicken, too, but we don't learn that immediately.
The good secret organization,
The BROTHERHOOD, needs to stop this before it goes any farther. But to do that, they must call the great Blaxploitation
hero Undercover Brother. Undercover Brother is stuck in The Seventies
, but he knows kung fu.
Undercover Brother is asked to infiltrate the evil Organization undercover. He is given a watch that sprays hot sauce to fight off the potential evil of mayonnaise on white bread. But, once on assignment, he meets an incredibly beautiful blonde
who appears to be trying to befriend him, and things go bad...
Based on a Web Animation
- The Ace: Undercover Brother himself: Master of Disguise and expert at martial arts and infiltration.
- Action Girl: Sistah Girl, and White She Devil after she reveals herself as The Mole.
- Adorkable: Anton Jackson, Smart Brother, and Lance
- Afro Asskicker: Undercover Brother
- All According to Plan: An alarm goes off at Multinational Inc. and reveals that the BROTHERHOOD agent Undercover Brother has infiltrated the building. Instead of being dismayed, The Dragon Mr. Feather says "The Brotherhood is making their move. Just as I expected."
- An Aesop: Undercover Brother's preaching about teamwork.
- Anonymous Ringer: Warren Boutwell, a former general and Secretary of Defense who was thought to be considering a Presidential run. AKA General Colin Powell.
- Arson, Murder, and Lifesaving
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Smart Brother's interrogation of White She-Devil and Conspiracy Brother's listing of black people not given proper credit.
- As Himself: James Brown, actually Undercover Brother in disguise.
- Ascended Fanboy: Undercover Brother must be a huge fan of Bruce Lee, such as his screaming Goomba Stomp.
- Aside Comment: Multiple examples by Undercover Brother.
- Aside Glance
- While the title character is flying through the air toward some enemy Mooks, he briefly turns his head and looks at the camera.
- In the end credits. After Undercover Brother takes his car through a car wash and several female attendants are flirting with him he turns his head and broadly winks at the camera.
- Ass Shove: Undercover Brother sticks his foot inside an opponent's ass, complete with X-ray camera shot.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Sistah Girl and White She-Devil late in the film.
- Bait-and-Switch Gunshot: White She Devil shoots two enemy Mooks after the motorcycle chase.
- Battle Trophy: Mr. Feather feels this way about Undercover Brother's medallion.
- Becoming the Mask: Undercover Brother becomes his mild-mannered secret identity: Anton Jackson.
- Berserk Button:
- Conspiracy Brother - Words and phrases he thinks are racist, like "Hi" and "Good morning".
- Mr. Feather, when he realizes that he's being subconsciously influenced by black culture.
- Lance - "I. Am not. A SISSY!"
- Undercover Brother - "You mess with the 'fro, you got to go."
- Beware the Nice Ones: Lance.
- Big "NO!": A mook does this as Undercover Brother is about to stamp down on him.
- Big Red Button: See Self-Destruct Mechanism
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Mr. Feather during the final battle with Undercover Brother.
- Bland-Name Product: GFC/General's Fried Chicken (KFC/Kentucky Fried Chicken) and Khaki Republic (Banana Republic)
- Blaxploitation: With a modern twist. Somewhat reconstructed. It's all in good fun, though, as the target demographic this time was white people.
- Blondes Are Evil: Penelope Snow, AKA White She Devil.
- Book Ends: Undercover Brother does a parachute jump at the beginning and end of the movie.
- Bring It
- Lance gestures to a guard and says "Come on!" to a guard before killing him.
- Also spoofed during the pre-fight posturing between Undercover Brother and Mr. Feather. They both resort to increasingly elaborate gestures, trying to one-up the other. Undercover Brother wins. And all to the sound of "Beat It".
- Calling Shotgun: Conspiracy Brother, as the group runs to the hovercraft.
- Cat Fight: White She Devil vs. Sistah Girl. In slo mo. In a shower. Causing the men to stop fighting and grab a bag of popcorn. And condoms. Can't say the movie didn't advocate safe sex. Can you really blame them? Some things transcend one's affiliation.
- Changing Clothes Is a Free Action: The title character changes his clothes while jumping through a window. At other times he, Sistah Girl and Penelope Snow change their outfits by having their outer tearaway clothing ripped off of them (or ripping it off themselves).
- Chekhov's Gun: James Brown in the introduction, the rear-view mirror balls, and "Don't touch the 'fro".
- The Chessmaster: The Man
- Chewing the Scenery: Chris Kattan as Mr. Feather. And how. He ends up having better moves than even Undercover Brother.
- Code Name: Undercover Brother, Smart Brother, Conspiracy Brother, Sistah Girl, The Man. Mr. Feather might be one.
- Combat Haircomb: Combat Afro Picks!
- Compensating for Something: Sistah Girl accuses Undercover Brother of this, citing the afro, car and medallion.
- Conspiracy Kitchen Sink: All conspiracies relating to blacks are true, except the one that OJ is innocent.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Conspiracy Brother
- Cool Car: The title character's 1970s Cadillac DeVille Convertible (mistakenly called a Coupe deVille).
- Cowboy Cop: Undercover Brother, after joining the B.R.O.T.H.E.R.H.O.O.D.
- Crash-Into Hello: Undercover Brother (undercover as "Anton Jackson") and Penelope Snow AKA White She Devil
- Da Chief: The leader of the B.R.O.T.H.E.R.H.O.O.D.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: "The Fatty". Actually causes one businesswoman to have an Immodest Orgasm.
- Doomed Defeatist: Lance wigs out while he's in The Man's headquarters.
- Dope Slap: Conspiracy Brother to Lance after he makes a racist comment.
- The Dragon: Mr. Feather
- Dramatic Landfall Shot: when we see The Man's island fortress for the first time.
- Dramatic Necklace Removal: Undercover Brother's medallion.
- Dressed in Layers: Undercover Brother when masquerading as a janitor, and White She Devil before her reveal.
- Easily Forgiven: White She Devil
- Ear Worm: The jingle from The General's fried-chicken commercial. As demonstrated by Lance.
- Elaborate Underground Base: The BROTHERHOOD has an extensive base located beneath a barber shop.
- Every Car Is a Pinto
- Parodied and justified when a pair of mooks drive a golf cart into a gas main.
- During a chase scene a Mook's motorcycle crashes and immediately bursts into flames.
- Everything Is Racist: The belief of Conspiracy Brother. It's really something that he's in a movie where there really is a white conspiracy run by The Man to keep black people down, and he still comes off as crazy.
- Evil Counterpart: Mr. Feather to Undercover Brother.
- Evil Elevator: The cliche of the endless elevator going down to an Elaborate Underground Base is spoofed when the hero starts screaming hysterically as he drops, only to stop when he realises he's only traveled a single story.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear: ...or devoured by a random but conveniently placed shark as the case may be.
- It's pretty obvious that the General was a stand-in for Colin Powell, right down to the rumored Presidential run.
- The Barbershop secret entrance to The BROTHERHOOD's Headquarters was previously used in Issue #136 of Marvel Comics' "Strange Tales" (1965), a Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. storyline.
- Face-Heel Turn: Undercover Brother, after he falls in
love lust with Penelope Snow. That ass of hers would turn any man and woman astray.
- Fanservice: Sista Girl, Penelope Snow/ White She Devil
- Felony Misdemeanor: When Undercover Brother smashes a bag of chips, a Mook guard says that he just bought them! Undercover Brother apologizes.
- Femme Fatale: White She Devil. Ends up reformed at the end.
- Fighting with Chucks: The title character knows how to use nunchucks as part of his martial artist skills. He also hits himself in the nuts while using them during his fight with Mr. Feather. This may have been a subversion, since the look on his face as Feather charges indicates it was a trick.
- Five-Man Band with UB as the Sixth Ranger. Totally Lampshaded. I mean, The Chief, Smart Brother, Lance, Sistah Girl. The only one that doesn't fit is Conspiracy Brother as the Big Guy, which is probably why they need Undercover Brother in the first place.
- Funny Afro: Undercover Brother.
- Gadget Watch: It spritzes hot sauce.
- Get a Hold of Yourself Man: When Lance panics over the impending detonation of a Self-Destruct Mechanism ("We're gonna die! We're all gonna die!"), the title character repeatedly slaps him to bring him to his senses.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Parodied.
- Glove Snap: One of Mr. Feather's minions does this repeatedly, greatly to Mr. Feather's annoyance.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: Undercover Brother as Anton Jackson.
- Got Me Doing It: Again much to his great annoyance, Mr. Feather just couldn't keep himself from getting into that thang.
- Groin Attack: The title character does it to himself with a pair of nunchucks during his fight with Mr. Feather.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Conspiracy Brother
- Hand Signals: White She Devil uses them to give orders to her henchmen during the motorcycle/car chase.
- A Handful for an Eye: Mr. Feather does it to Undercover Brother during their final battle.
- High Heel-Face Turn: White She Devil, after she experiences Undercover Brother's lovin'.
- Hiroshima as a Unit of Measure: The spy camera scans people for levels of "Rhythm" and "401Ks".
- Hollywood Geek: Undercover Brother in his role of Antoine Jackson.
- Humiliation Conga
- Hypocritical Humor: The only reason Lance (a Caucasian) is a member of the BROTHERHOOD is Affirmative Action.
- I Know You Are In There Somewhere Fight: Happens twice. Sista Girl does it to Undercover Brother and Undercover Brother does it to General Boutwell.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Undercover Brother to the golf course guards.
- Immodest Orgasm: The female executive during Anton Jackson's demonstration of "The Fatty".
- Improbable Parking Skills; The title character, in the last scene of the movie.
- In Love with the Mark: Penelope Snow AKA White She Devil
- Instant Costume Change: Undercover Brother jumps out of a window while dressed in what can be best described as a nerd disguise. On the other side, he comes out in his normal attire, complete with afro.
- Insult Backfire: When Sistah Girl accuses Undercover Brother of Compensating for Something, he plays into it by pointing out that she forgot to mention his "big, black, fuzzy balls" — a rearview mirror decoration, which he then fondles to complete the joke.
- Intimidation Demonstration: Undercover Brother with his nunchucks and Mr. Feather with his Blade Below the Shoulder claw.
- Island Base: The Man has his secret fortress built on an island.
- It's Raining Men: Undercover Brother, once with a parachute and once with bell bottoms.
- Janitor Impersonation Infiltration: Happens twice.
- Kiai: Parodied, as Undercover Brother shouts the names of black celebrities/musicians while fighting.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: The title character does it to guard mooks twice.
- Large Ham. Mr. Feather, but since he's played by Chris Kattan, it's sorta expected.
- Last Request: Mr. Feather to James Brown before injecting him with the Mind Control drug.
- Latex Perfection: Undercover Brother, when posing as a janitor and James Brown.
- Low-Speed Chase: Undercover Brother and Sista Girl are chased by security guards on a golf course, with both groups driving electric golf carts.
- The Man: Big Bad.
- The Masquerade (on both sides)
- Master of Disguise: As an elderly janitor, a Rastafarian golf caddy, business executive Anton Jackson and James Brown.
- May Contain Evil: the drug added to the General's Fried Chicken to make black people act white.
- Meaningful Name: A white woman named Penelope Snow.
- Mega Corp.: Multinational Incorporated
- Meganekko: White She-Devil's disguise during her initial appearance.