What better way to demonstrate a Badass Driver
's skill than by Improbable Parking Skills, especially with Parallel Parking
Sometimes Improbable Parking Skills are demonstrated by parking a vehicle efficiently in adverse conditions. In other cases, though, the driver chooses a difficult parking method to save time, or simply to show off.
One common method is to pull the handbrake while turning, using the drift to get the car exactly where you want it (as seen in The Blues Brothers
). Expect screeching tires. Other nigh-impossible parking stunts include making the car climb or jump over other cars, fall from a height, roll over, etc.
Not to be confused with Rockstar Parking
, which is about it being easy to find a space.
open/close all folders
Film - Animation
Film - Live Action
Live Action TV
- Due South: there is an episode where Ray puts his 1972 Buick Riviera into a controlled skid over a large field of ice to bring it sliding to a stop immediately next to Fraser and the guest star. Both of them gave him a mild What the Hell, Hero?, which he casually shrugged off.
- Inverted in the British road safety promo "The Saga of Reginald Molehusband", where the title character's parking skills are so awful they always draw a large crowd, until the day he finally gets it right. Unfortunately it only seems to exist now as an off-air audio recording.
- Mr. Bean thrives on this.
- In My Wife and Kids, Junior was trying to show his dad how he could drive responsibly and that he was maturing and parallel parked his car perfectly in less than a second.
- In the American version of Top Gear, rally driver and presenter Tanner Faust teaches a blind man to drift. His final challenge is to drift-parallel park, which is pulled off perfectly.