Aunty: You know who.
Master Blaster: Say.
Aunty: Master Blaster.
Master Blaster: Say loud.
— Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
- On one early Calvin and Hobbes strip, Calvin has to sing the following before Hobbes lets him in their treehouse:
Tigers are mean! Tigers are fierce!
Tigers have teeth and claws that pierce!
Tigers are great! They can't be beat!
If I was a tiger, that would be neat!
He can climb the tree without the ladder, so he got to make the password.
Hobbes: Go on, what's the third verse?
- This also comes up occasionally when they play Calvinball.
- In The Goonies, Chunk is forced to do "The Truffle Shuffle" for the others to gain admittance.
- In Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, Sassy requires Chance to say "Cats rule and dogs drool" before helping him catch fish.
- In Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, Master Blaster shuts off the (methane) power whenever his power feels threatened by Aunty, and forces Aunty to recite the phrase "Master Blaster runs Barter Town."
- Tank Girl. "Just say it, 'I won', and the little girl lives."
- Pulp Fiction:
Marsellus Wallace: In the fifth, your ass goes down. Say it!
Butch Coolidge: In the fifth, my ass goes down.
- Escape from New York:
The Duke: What did I teach you?
President: Y-You are the... Duke of New... New York. You're A-Number One.
The Duke: I can't hear you!
President: Y-You... You are the Duke of New York! You're A-Number One!
- Professor Terguson (Sam Kinison) gives two classic examples in the Rodney Dangerfield comedy Back to School, once during Thornton's first history class (see it here, about 2:18 in), and again during his grueling oral finals.
- The X-Files "The Unusual Suspects" (origin story for The Lone Gunmen), Langly refuses to hear Frohike's request until he says "Your Kung Fu is best," (a reference to one of Kevin Mitnik's cryptic taunting phone messages).
- Turk makes JD say "I'm your biatch" every time he beats him at something in Scrubs.
- One episode of Married... with Children focused on Peggy trying to get Al to say "I love you".
- In Justified, Donovan points a gun at Quarles and demands that Quarles admit to killing his friend Brady.
- Jubal Early uses this on Kaylee in the last episode of Firefly. She's terrified he's going to harm her, and says the captain was right down the hallway. "The captain is locked in his quarters. There's no one can help you. Say it." She does, with a whimper.
- Parodied in Horrible Histories' "Twit Light" sketch:
Girl: Bite me and make me like you!Lord Byron: Say it.Girl: I can't!Byron: Say it.Girl: A vampire!Byron: A what? No, no, a poet.Girl: But I thought, you know, you're pale, aristocratic, you drink from skulls, you're a vampire.Byron: No, I'm just a really pretentious poet.
- In the South Park episode "Scott Tenorman must die", Scott forces Cartman to sing a self deprecating song and dance "I'm a little piggy" in order to get his money back (and he still doesn't).