I see you shiver with antici... *SAY IT!
When the Mad Doctor
is ready to "operate", this almost always includes shoving his hands into big latex gloves with a (usually upward) thrusting motion while tugging on the back of the glove with the other hand; then there's a loud snap at the end when the back of the glove is released. Pretty much a Mad Doctor
staple, and also pretty common in cartoons. Usually meant to inspire fear
or to startle; usually part of the Creepy Physical
Compare Gloved Fist of Doom
. Also see Ass Shove
, which frequently uses this as a family-friendly suggestion. Not to be confused with the Glove Slap
- Dilbert has a comic where Dilbert opens a package, and by doing so agrees to a full cavity search at any time. Enter woman with the glove snap.
- In The X-Files, Mulder accuses Scully of enjoying doing this.
- Tony of NCIS; though it's more comedic than sinister.
- NCIS Los Angeles has used it for comedic affect, even more so in that it was the Geek that did the snapping.
- The Medic in Team Fortress 2 does it◊ with his Syringe gun taunts.
"Anuhza successful procedure!"
"Woops! Zat was not medicine."
"Did zat sting? Sorry!"
"Zat, vas doctor-assisted homicide!"
- He also does it in the ''Meet the Medic'' video, before he and the Heavy return to the battlefield. Notably, what he had been doing previously—open thoracic cavity surgery to implant an Uber Charge module—he did without benefit of gloves.
- During the 2008 American presidential campaign, Mitt Romney had the spectacularly bad luck/judgment to have this picture◊ taken of him.